Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 2,961 to 2,980 of 12,088

DefHalan

MrMario02 wrote:

No. More like Gaming PCs that have been made (for lack of a better word) Idiot-proof. Steam machines are just gaming PCs without the benefits of being a gaming PC.

I think there are some Steam machines trying to do what you are talking about.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

TheKingOfTown

Artwark wrote:

TheKingOfTown wrote:

Nintendo should go third party. Their games are amazing, but their consoles are sub-par. Playing Zelda with modern graphics would be amazing

Gamecube wasn't all that bad. And let's not forget the SNES.

Going third party for them isn't going to make them any profit. If anything, it will make the third party competition even worse than it is now. Atleast with Nintendo going first party, you have a good reason to go to third parties. But if Nintendo were to go third parties, none of the third party games would even come close to the sales that Nintendo games have. If them going first party is good enough for them to make huge profits, what exactly makes you sure that they can't do the same thing for third party.

Even then, if you don't like the way Nintendo works, you'll still be stuck with their policies and such.

Harsher competition is a good thing. With Nintendo on the market as a third party, the other companies will have to work even harder to get market share, which can only mean good things for us.
Regardless of all that, I still want Nintendo to go third party so I can play their games on the latest hardware, and not on a console that promises 'innovation' when in reality it doesn't add much to gaming at all

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

PSN ID: CTID16

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1201-0412 | Nintendo Network ID: TheKingOfTown

Tubalcain

@Artwark: not to be mean or anything but im not arguing about your point. It just that your paragraph is so hard to comprehend. You may wantbto revise or look at how you write.

Tubalcain

Socar

@TheKingOfTown: That logic means nothing when you see examples like SEGA. I can say that every other third party out there is far better than SEGA will ever be. I have huge guts to even claim that devs like Square Enix and Capcom are far far better than what SEGA will ever be.

Here's the problem that third party devs have most of the time. They need money more than what first party devs will ever need. The reason you see Nintendo alive to this day is because they save money a LOT. Third parties don't save a lot of money. Rather, they spend like a chunk of it and that chunk is made by doing foolish moves like micro transactions, offering on disc dlc and to top it off, making mediocre games.

You think its easy to port every game to the platform but in actuality, you have to spend money if you want to distribute your game across all platforms. On top of that, there's the game engine to talk about. Game engines while it can be easily run by modern pc's can differ because different people have different pc's. And for Nintendo, they don't want only the very rich people to experience games.

Even if most of the things I've said are ridiculous to accept, one thing for certain. I don't think Nintendo bashing third party is going to make third parties work harder. If anything, they will do the complete opposite, like doing completely different markets like SEGA and Konami.

Think about it one second. The reason why Sony and Microsoft exist is because they need third parties more than Nintendo ever needs. But now Microsoft made it clear that it wants to fix their first party games.

Also, let's say that Nintendo does go third party and let's say that they do make games on PC, Sony or Microsoft. Heck, let's make it even better. Let's say that one of the companies do end up buying Nintendo.

You think they will keep making more Mario games, more Zelda games, More metroids and what not? No. If anything, one Mario game is good enough for them to get lots of revenue compared to the opposite when they do need more games for their OWN consoles. When something like F-Zero to happen takes like what more than 10 years to happen, when Nintendo would supposedly make a new F-Zero game, it'll take like 30 years or something for a new one which is sensible because the games they make sell in long terms rather than short terms.

So why should they work hard to make continuous sequels and new games when they can instead play the waiting game since the profits they make are extremely huge? Would you wait like 20 years for a new Star Fox game when you couldn't wait for like 8 years for it earlier? no. But that doesn't matter because the game would have enough content that would last for years.

If that doesn't then maybe this video will. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nRhaHjRsHA

And if that still doesn't convince you, then you can forget about that wish of yours because they would rather give up than make games as a third party.

Edited on by Socar

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

Aviator

What?

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

Whydoievenbother

DefHalan wrote:

MrMario02 wrote:

No. More like Gaming PCs that have been made (for lack of a better word) Idiot-proof. Steam machines are just gaming PCs without the benefits of being a gaming PC.

I think there are some Steam machines trying to do what you are talking about.

Really? That's fantastic!!

"I'll take a potato chip... AND EAT IT!"
Light Yagami, Death Note
"Ah, the Breakfast Club soundtrack! I can't wait 'til I'm old enough to feel ways about stuff!"
Phillip J. Fry, Futurama

briwipdx

my unpopular comment: the ps3 is better than the ps4

briwipdx

3DS Friend Code: 4398-9842-2514 | Nintendo Network ID: briwipdx

Whydoievenbother

@WaveBoy
PS4: Little Big Planet 3 and Tearaway Unfolded
XBOX ONE: 1/3 of Rare Replay
BOTH: Every LEGO game after LEGO Marvel Super Heroes and Rayman Legends

Light Yagami, Death Note
"Ah, the Breakfast Club soundtrack! I can't wait 'til I'm old enough to feel ways about stuff!"
Phillip J. Fry, Futurama

Whydoievenbother

Am I the only one who notices that whenever Playstation consoles are most successful, it's when the competitors are tripping over themselves?

Edited on by Whydoievenbother

Light Yagami, Death Note
Phillip J. Fry, Futurama

LilC

I actually liked Sonic Lost World better than Sonic Adventure 2
waits for an army of sonic fans ready to kill me

LilC

BearHunger

@LilC I'm quite a Sonic fan and I'm ready to high-five you.
I actually liked Sonic Lost World better than any other game on Wii U

BearHunger

Nintendo Network ID: Bear_Hunger

Blue_Blur

@LilC: As you can probably tell by my username, I'm a huge Sonic fan! I do prefer Sonic Adventure 2 over Lost World, but Lost World was really enjoyable. The NiGHTS, Yoshi, and Zelda DLC was awesome!

Another unpopular opinion about Sonic would be that I prefer pretty much any modern Sonic game over any Classic Sonic game. I'm a modern Sonic fan! I grew up with modern Sonic, so it makes sense. Classic Sonic is fun, but I still prefer the style and the speed of the modern games more.

Edited on by Blue_Blur

Splatoon Rank: S+
Splatoon 2 Ranks: SZ: S+ / TC: S+ / RM: S+ / CB: S+

Dee0342

I didn't like Lost World but I at least finished that. In Adventure 2 I stopped after playing a few Knuckles levels and I never looked back.

Dee0342

Socar

Pixel art needs to be alive. They need to come back from Nintendo and many more companies out there! I don't care what people think about it but its another form of art and if that art is gone, visual creativity gets limited.

Next thing that people want gone is hand drawn animation.......can't understand the logic behind that. Sure, in movies, it makes sense as to why they would do CG. But in games? Come on, many 3D games are done horribly with those poor polygons.

Edited on by Socar

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

DefHalan

Artwark wrote:

Pixel art needs to be alive. They need to come back from Nintendo and many more companies out there! I don't care what people think about it but its another form of art and if that art is gone, visual creativity gets limited.

Next thing that people want gone is hand drawn animation.......can't understand the logic behind that. Sure, in movies, it makes sense as to why they would do CG. But in games? Come on, many 3D games are done horribly with those poor polygons.

There have been thousands of pixel art games released in the past few years. I would rather see hand drawn art in more games. Pixel Art has a certain look and feel to it but it feels really cheap to me.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Whydoievenbother

The death of consoles is coming, and sooner then you think.

Light Yagami, Death Note
Phillip J. Fry, Futurama

shaneoh

DefHalan wrote:

There have been thousands of pixel art games released in the past few years. I would rather see hand drawn art in more games. Pixel Art has a certain look and feel to it but it feels really cheap to me.

Bit off topic, but how good does Cuphead look?

The Greatest love story ever, Rosie Love (part 33 done)
The collective noun for a group of lunatics is a forum. A forum of lunatics.
I'm belligerent, you were warned.

Tubalcain

@Artwark: how is this unpopular? pixel art games releases every month. its not really dying at all.

Tubalcain

CaviarMeths

MrMario02 wrote:

The death of consoles is coming, and sooner then you think.

No it's not.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic