Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 2,941 to 2,960 of 12,088

Whydoievenbother

Although I still don't think Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice is going to be very good (Even with the delay), I at least respect the effort from Sanzaru and SEGA to make the game better.

Edited on by Whydoievenbother

"I'll take a potato chip... AND EAT IT!"
Light Yagami, Death Note
"Ah, the Breakfast Club soundtrack! I can't wait 'til I'm old enough to feel ways about stuff!"
Phillip J. Fry, Futurama

Socar

@MrMario02: The good thing is that they plan to do this for future sonic games in general. So hopefully, We'll get a good sonic game.

But I'm still mad that SEGA barely made any exclusive quality games for the contract Nintendo signed with besides lost world (which itself is a polarizing game.)

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

CaviarMeths

Artwark wrote:

Professor Layton is a Nintendo franchise and not something of a third party simple as that. If it isn't, then how come neither the title or the credits say "Licensed by Nintendo" Instead of putting "Copyright Nintendo"?

This isn't an unpopular opinion, it is simply factually incorrect. Professor Layton is owned by Level-5. While you are free to offer your opinion on facts, they are not necessarily valid.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Socar

I feel Nintendo should buy all their companies that they are in strong relationships with especially Intelligent Systems, Hal, Next Level Games, Game Freak and of course Capcom. That way, they don't have to stress the relationship issues from here and there when they can just be first party.

I still can't understand how Nintendo doesn't own Intelligent Systems because the company itself is based around staff from Nintendo......

Edited on by Socar

Haruki_NLI

I hate the Wii U. There I said it.

Underpowered (Though not necessarily a negative as the PS4 isn't using all of its resources anytime soon), gimmicky that wasn't used until it was already dead, a whole bunch of poor games, and frankly incompetent support. Glad to be jumping to Planet PS4.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

kkslider5552000

Volcanox wrote:

Underpowered (Though not necessarily a negative as the PS4 isn't using all of its resources anytime soon), gimmicky that wasn't used until it was already dead, a whole bunch of poor games, and frankly incompetent support. Glad to be jumping to Planet PS4.

trying too hard

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

-Green-

Volcanox wrote:

O.o What happened to you? I thought you enjoyed your Wii U.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Haruki_NLI

@Aromaiden: People have been driving the knife far too deep lately regarding the console to the point we get it, it's not as great as it could have been, let's move on, but I'm also suffering through what TVTropes coins as "Artist Disillusionment". Right now, I don't want to play games, I've stopped working on my own game for a good while, I'm avoiding gaming for my YouTube channel so I haven't recorded anything since June. I am honest to god, infuriated with this industry.

People like to think game design is a great job and it can be, it really can, but the people you can be around when working range from great to emotionally manipulative brats (I have regrettably had this pleasure) and you have to put up with the most idiotic bickering between fanbases that on top of the already unbelievably stressful work, just makes me want to put my feet up and call it a night before I go do something else for a living in the morning.

People are allowed to like what they want to like. Who gives a flying damn if the Eastern countries favour different games, it's not like it's a different culture or anything. So what if someone prefers the Wii U to a PS4? It has it's own games and merits but no it doesn't count so we will just sit back and have people drive home its flaws until we break! If you want people to buy the console you like, the last thing you do is be a jackass about their purchases!

And for God's sake, this is a job for many people. If their product doesn't work they could be out of a job, and yet they manage to be nice to even rival creators. And yet the users fight like it's a warzone because they are so busy establishing dominance in a hobby their lives can continue without. Just because fanbase x was lording it over you at one time doesn't mean you can do it back, that doesn't help things. When the hell did gaming become such a strain on the creators that it went from being fun and pleasing people to damage control and putting up with potential misery?

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

AceDefective

@Volcanox: I feel for you man, I really do.
Personally, I recommend taking a break from the overall gaming community as whole and reevaluate what it is you like about video games in the first place. I'd also recommenced learning to weed out and ignore the toxicity of the community, its hard but you'll end up with less of a headache when you do.

Just some random loser who loves a variety of things.
Youtube Channel | Deviant ART | YoYo Games account |

3DS Friend Code: 2079-6493-1326 | Nintendo Network ID: ZeroZX_Dev | Twitter:

TheKingOfTown

Nintendo should go third party. Their games are amazing, but their consoles are sub-par. Playing Zelda with modern graphics would be amazing

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

PSN ID: CTID16

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1201-0412 | Nintendo Network ID: TheKingOfTown

martinskrtel37

that is what they are, dumb hollywood machines pushing violence and war and samey storylines down your gobs whilst you all argue about which versions lighting effects look better like it even matters one tiny bit

Octane wrote:

everyone needs to relax and enjoy the games that are released today and stop worrying what Nintendo will do in a year or two from now.

3DS Friend Code: 0130-1906-5039 | Nintendo Network ID: martinskrtel37

kkslider5552000

^I think it says a lot that the highlights of Sony's E3 were games that were talked about and hoped for for like 8 years and Microsoft's was arguably Cuphead, an indie game that without its presentation (to be fair, its presentation is mega impressive) would basically be Megaman.

I don't mind that cinematic focused games exist, I mind that most of them aren't very good games. I'm glad they exist now but I'm worried what will happen if big companies start seeing money in Telltale-like games.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Socar

TheKingOfTown wrote:

Nintendo should go third party. Their games are amazing, but their consoles are sub-par. Playing Zelda with modern graphics would be amazing

Gamecube wasn't all that bad. And let's not forget the SNES.

Going third party for them isn't going to make them any profit. If anything, it will make the third party competition even worse than it is now. Atleast with Nintendo going first party, you have a good reason to go to third parties. But if Nintendo were to go third parties, none of the third party games would even come close to the sales that Nintendo games have. If them going first party is good enough for them to make huge profits, what exactly makes you sure that they can't do the same thing for third party.

Even then, if you don't like the way Nintendo works, you'll still be stuck with their policies and such.

Socar

@Tubalcain: Can you honestly tell me that Nintendo going third party will make them better than them being first party now? In both ways, Nintendo is suffering from third party relationships and so I was just arguing that point. If the policies that Nintendo has now isn't something anyone can get used to, chances are that they would be stuck with those policies even when they go third party.

gcunit

Still not making a whole lotta sense to me I'm afraid...

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Whydoievenbother

PC gaming needs to be more accessible. At this point, consoles are basically turning into gaming PCs made specifically for people who don't know how or can't afford to maintain a gaming PC. But, what if there was a PC that made replacing parts as simple as inserting cartridges into a Super Nintendo? In that case, consoles wouldn't need to be around anymore, as you wouldn't have to actually build a gaming PC, solving the issue of PC gaming and Console gaming being 2 separate entities that hate each other. Companies like Nintendo to go software-only and wouldn't have to worry about console sales and companies like Microsoft could go hardware-only and continue chasing high specs without having to worry about actually supporting the console.

Light Yagami, Death Note
"Ah, the Breakfast Club soundtrack! I can't wait 'til I'm old enough to feel ways about stuff!"
Phillip J. Fry, Futurama

DefHalan

MrMario02 wrote:

PC gaming needs to be more accessible. At this point, consoles are basically turning into gaming PCs made specifically for people who don't know how or can't afford to maintain a gaming PC. But, what if there was a PC that made replacing parts as simple as inserting cartridges into a Super Nintendo? In that case, consoles wouldn't need to be around anymore, as you wouldn't have to actually build a gaming PC, solving the issue of PC gaming and Console gaming being 2 separate entities that hate each other. Companies like Nintendo to go software-only and wouldn't have to worry about console sales and companies like Microsoft could go hardware-only and continue chasing high specs without having to worry about actually supporting the console.

Steam machines, basically?

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Whydoievenbother

@DefHalan: No. More like Gaming PCs that have been made (for lack of a better word) Idiot-proof. Steam machines are just gaming PCs without the benefits of being a gaming PC.

Light Yagami, Death Note
Phillip J. Fry, Futurama

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic