Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 2,801 to 2,820 of 12,088

-Green-

@Dweeb: I agree, I also really enjoyed Fi's design and voice.

@TwilightAngel: Nah, I also wasn't annoyed by Fi.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Rixor13

i never liked the affinity system in fire emblem awakening.
having to grind for hours making sure very specific things happen in order to improve two characters and see everything in the game hardly seems fun. i have been desperately trying to get my avatar to marry lissa. they have fought together about 34 times and they are still a c in affinity. same goes for xenoblade chronicles but to a much lesser extent because there are only 6 characters in that games as opposed to fire emblem which has around 40.

Is this a joke? Are you having a chuckle? Haha, very funny. I'm the one with a degree

Avatar credit to Undertale and Toby fox.

3DS Friend Code: 1951-0757-8693 | Nintendo Network ID: rixor11

CaviarMeths

Rixor13 wrote:

i have been desperately trying to get my avatar to marry lissa. they have fought together about 34 times and they are still a c in affinity.

Something's wrong, because that definitely shouldn't be happening. When I'm actively trying to raise affinity, it's never taken me more than 2 battles to increase it. Usually I just do that first Xenologue map where you get Pr. Marth. 2 runs of that map with the two characters you want to raise beside each other defeating all of the enemies and their affinity will go up a level. Should take about 5 minutes.

But if you don't have any DLC, random battles on world map should work for the purpose too.

Edited on by CaviarMeths

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

kkslider5552000

TwilightAngel wrote:

Am i the only person who wasn't annoyed by Fi in Skyward Sword?

I was less annoyed and more disappointed she wasted my time with a lack of personality.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Eel

I was more bothered by the materials that go through the "this is a new item!" thing every time you start a new session.

Though I have to admit that Fi reminding me I was low on health was a bit annoying. Like I can't already hear the beeping.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Peek-a-boo

Morpheel wrote:

Though I have to admit that Fi reminding me I was low on health was a bit annoying. Like I can't already hear the beeping.

That was the part of the game where I used to reach for my television remote and swiftly press 'mute'.

Awful, awful game 'mechanic'. It drove me mad, that noise!

And those persistent reminders too, telling you that you have picked up an item, and often the very same item that you have picked up a hundred times over the course of the game. I like Fi as a design and her story is quite interesting, but as a 'side kick' character, Fi was overbearing at the best (and worse) of times.

Peek-a-boo

Chubblings

Skyward Sword is my favourite Zelda game. I loved everything about it: the story, art-style, gameplay, everything. I'll admit, it's not perfect (no game is), it has its flaws. For one, being more linear than past Zelda games, and sometimes Fi would give away things (IMO, they should have kept her assistance to how it was with Midna). However, it has my favourite art-style/aesthetic of a Zelda game, and I thought the dungeons had really strong design with great puzzles (Lanyard Mining Facility and Sky Keep are two of my favourite dungeons in the entire series). The story was very simple, but very effective, as Skyward Sword did a great job with handling its characters and developing them as the game progressed (not going to spoil anything, but the growth of Link, Zelda,and Groose (Fi as well) was done vey well). I also really liked some of the RPG-like mechanics they added into the game (gathering materials, using them to upgrade things, etc.), and I found Skyloft to be a great hub with interesting characters. Fi never bothered me too much, although I do acknowledge that it was troublesome for others, so they should have had her not pop in as much. As for the motion controls, this was a very divisive issue, as I never in all my six playthroughs of the game, had any trouble with them. All in all, this may be unpopular, but I loved Skyward Sword.

Chubblings

Nintendo Network ID: Chubblings

Rixor13

@Dweeb:
no i know how it works. i have seen that little heart way too many times though. where as virion and sully have worked together many less times and are already A affinity.

Is this a joke? Are you having a chuckle? Haha, very funny. I'm the one with a degree

Avatar credit to Undertale and Toby fox.

3DS Friend Code: 1951-0757-8693 | Nintendo Network ID: rixor11

Whydoievenbother

People need to stop thinking of Free-to-Play games as free. I have no problem with paying 5 or 10 dollars on a game. I 'm fine with paying $60 on a game, so long as it's good.

"I'll take a potato chip... AND EAT IT!"
Light Yagami, Death Note
"Ah, the Breakfast Club soundtrack! I can't wait 'til I'm old enough to feel ways about stuff!"
Phillip J. Fry, Futurama

Socar

Anybody defending Uprising for the controls obviously didn't have any hand cramps!

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

CM30

Here's an unpopular one:

Nintendo would be better if they didn't have a gimmick for their next system.

And even a more unpopular one:

Nintendo should sell some of their franchises. They're not doing anything interesting with Wario or F-Zero or whatever, so sell them to companies who will actually do a decent job and don't have Mario, Zelda, etc to take focus away to.

Try out Gaming Reinvented, my new gaming forum and website!
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4...

Twitter:

SuperWiiU

CM30 wrote:

Nintendo should sell some of their franchises. They're not doing anything interesting with Wario or F-Zero or whatever, so sell them to companies who will actually do a decent job and don't have Mario, Zelda, etc to take focus away to.

That would just be stupid, financially and for the quality of future entries into those series. They can just allow a third party developer, like they have done in the past, to make a game in one of those series.

Buizel

CM30 wrote:

I agree to an extent...keeping in mind that "gimmick" itself is a word with strong negative connotations (when is something a "gimmick" and when is it "innovative"? It's entirely subjective and opinion on this may change over time). I agree that Nintendo could do without a gimmicky controller as standard, though I would love an optional gamepad for off-TV play. As for other unexpected "gimmicks"? It depends how innovative they are...maybe there's something they're yet to reveal that may blow us away?

CM30 wrote:

I disagree that they should sell franchises — why would they lose one of their strongest assets? If, however, you mean they should lend them out to third parties, to develop games on Nintendo systems, then I'd agree with you. They've done that in the past (handheld Zeldas, F-Zero, etc.) and it's worked great.

Artwark wrote:

Anybody defending Uprising for the controls obviously didn't have any hand cramps!

I would've thought so. As someone who adores Kid Icarus Uprising I'm curious — is the issue for you then holding the analogue stick and L button with your left hand? I always assumed people had trouble with the touch screen controls.

Edited on by Buizel

At least 2'8".

Socar

CM30 wrote:

Here's an unpopular one:

I'd argue that they can easily do that if they want to. But if they do that, they would have to make their system just as powerful as Sony and Microsoft and that really isn't the best option competing with others based on raw power because in general, you shouldn't buy a console based on power but rather based on the games you get for it.

The thing is though, After seeing Gamecube suffer, I think it'd be foolish to make it better than that only with the modern times. The only reason that Sony and Microsoft are encouraged to make powerful consoles is because compared to Nintendo, they have various divisions that make far more profit than the gaming consoles themselves. Honestly, Microsoft is fine just having Windows because of how much reliable it really is. Sony is fine in the TV division and other brands so the Playstation while doing well isn't exactly important for Sony.

CM30 wrote:

And even a more unpopular one:

......dude, are you ok? Or was that something to cause some attention?

@Buizel: The issue with that scheme is that it requires intense gaming which is something I don't want to do even for a game like this. Because its hard and there's a great chance that I'd have to smash the circle pad and break the shoulder button for something like this which i'd rather not do. I'd like to see someone here who claimed that he 100% the entire game without breaking atleast the shoulder button.

Even with the custom controls, the game wants you to use the default since higher levels onwards requires precise controls and that is a game design flaw period.

Edited on by Socar

CaviarMeths

Artwark wrote:

...dude, are you ok? Or was that something to cause some attention?

Oh man...

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

LaserdiscGal

CaviarMeths wrote:

Artwark wrote:

...dude, are you ok? Or was that something to cause some attention?

Oh man...

The Irony is strong with this one.

LaserdiscGal

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5519-2711 | My Nintendo: pokefraker | Nintendo Network ID: pokefraker

Socar

@CaviarMeths: I didn't get your post whether if its something I said because of it being really silly. Seriously, why would Nintendo want to sell their IP which is one of Nintendo's biggest strength? It'd be foolish and it all depends on who would own it whether they'd take extreme good care of the IP like how Nintendo does.

If Konami owned Metroid.......that would be a horrible nightmare to face.

@TwilightAngel: ........

Anyways for my unpopular one, SEGA is done literally. They may still be around but they aren't. That game that they will announce next month will likely be a disappointment rather than excitement.... don't expect a Skies of Arcadia game or something. Yeah, its childish for me to hate them so much but after barely showing support for Nintendo, I'm downright outraged. If it weren't for their 3-D Classics or those Atlus games, you'd be just as mad as me honestly.

Edited on by Socar

Whydoievenbother

If Konami goes Bankrupt, I want :
Housemarque to buy Gradius
Level-5 to buy Suikoden
Suda51 to buy Castlevania
Ubisoft to buy Metal Gear Solid

"I'll take a potato chip... AND EAT IT!"
Light Yagami, Death Note
"Ah, the Breakfast Club soundtrack! I can't wait 'til I'm old enough to feel ways about stuff!"
Phillip J. Fry, Futurama

GrizzlyArctos

@Drowsy: While I don't like the thought of putting MGS into Ubisoft's hands, I'd much rather that than leaving the series with Konami. I'm still mourning over Silent Hills...

Yes, I like bears.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic