Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 2,761 to 2,780 of 12,088

Socar

martinskrtel37 wrote:

i am perfectly fine with Nintendo being Nintendo ie. not becoming what so many of you all seem to want to see it become: another boring, faceless, run-of-the-mill, uninventive, unimaginative, copycat, soulless, Western-mindset orientated cash-grabbing money-thirsty greedy corporate corporation. seems to be a very unpopular opinion around here. i feel like i support a little community club but everyone else wants to see it sell out and become the state's corporate franchise. i just don't understand why you would want that for "our" company at all.

This. I feel like every time I play a Nintendo console, it feels like a fun toy. To keep playing with the same controller over and over again will only cater to those dedicated to gaming. Nintendo does it so that new people can play while at the same time gamers can play as well.

I really wish that Nintendo stays alive until game companies realize what games are suppose to be. Nintendo is the only company that understands games better than we all do. They may never be getting into the modern times but they atleast take their own time, understand the situation and do their own thing at their own risk rather than copying someone to get easy cash which by the way, doesn't always work like that.

Edited on by Eel

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

Aviator

Artwark wrote:

martinskrtel37 wrote:

i am perfectly fine with Nintendo being Nintendo ie. not becoming what so many of you all seem to want to see it become: another boring, faceless, run-of-the-mill, uninventive, unimaginative, copycat, soulless, Western-mindset orientated cash-grabbing money-thirsty greedy corporate corporation. seems to be a very unpopular opinion around here. i feel like i support a little community club but everyone else wants to see it sell out and become the state's corporate franchise. i just don't understand why you would want that for "our" company at all.

This. I feel like every time I play a Nintendo console, it feels like a fun toy.

Got that part right.

Artwark wrote:

I really wish that Nintendo stays alive until game companies realize what games are suppose to be. Nintendo is the only company that understands games better than we all do. They may never be getting into the modern times but they atleast take their own time, understand the situation and do their own thing at their own risk rather than copying someone to get easy cash which by the way, doesn't always work like that.

Nope.

Edited on by Eel

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

Whydoievenbother

Artwark wrote:

Landstalker: The treasures of King Nole is pretty under rated. I see as to why some wouldn't like this game because of it being isometric. But its not the perspective that is to be blamed here but rather the poorly positioned objects that are in the game and the fact that timing isn't balanced right. There is a puzzle that you have to do everything in one go and because of the lack of time you have, it can be very frustrating because of it. I don't recall a Zelda game that isn't properly balanced during this one time incidents.

Controls is something that you can easily get used to. Its not that major downfall and even then, the experience is still there. I feel that the developers couldn't figure out how to make the bosses engaging like in 2D or 3D so what happens is that since the way the view works in which majority of the paths are blocked, enemies and bosses can easily be killed if they can't move back any further which means if done right, the bosses are a breeze. I never used a guide to play this game and honestly, its a great game if you remove its flaws.

I love some of its songs. However I do find the walking animation a bit odd when he moves his arms when going south. This is the animation that bothers me......

Untitled

The way he moves his arms.... is odd. How anyone can move their arms like that? I see no issue in the legs but the arms? Atleast when he moves front, the arms move nicely, but when he moves in this direction, it feels like the arm is moving some other way.

I would like to see a remake happen for this game. If anything, I would love Nintendo to make a Wario game like this if they can atleast. Call it Wario Land RPG!

I agree. I may have only played it through means of the SEGA Genesis & Mega Drive Classics emulator SEGA put out, but so far, it's pretty solid.

"I'll take a potato chip... AND EAT IT!"
Light Yagami, Death Note
"Ah, the Breakfast Club soundtrack! I can't wait 'til I'm old enough to feel ways about stuff!"
Phillip J. Fry, Futurama

DefHalan

JRPG and WRPG and meaningless words used to box certain games into certain boxes. yes, this was influenced by the other thread

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

martinskrtel37

Aviator wrote:

Got that part right.

Aviator wrote:

Nope.

worst post on this board. dare you to try and redeem yourself.

Octane wrote:

everyone needs to relax and enjoy the games that are released today and stop worrying what Nintendo will do in a year or two from now.

3DS Friend Code: 0130-1906-5039 | Nintendo Network ID: martinskrtel37

Socar

Aviator wrote:

Nope.

When the employees at Nintendo work more than how much they are suppose to, its not because of pressure but because they have a fun time doing what they love? Can you honestly tell me that every company can be just like Nintendo? If that's the case, then SEGA wouldn't have suffered this much by now.

Drowsy wrote:

The__Goomba wrote:

There has never been a good 3D Sonic game.

I would agree with this but then I remembered Generations.

Don't forget Colors since it plays the same as Generations.

Drowsy

@Artwark: I haven't played Colors yet so I wouldn't know. I've played every other 3D sonic game though and had trouble seeing what people like about them (yes, even the Adventure games)

SubBronze

Freedom Planet is better than any of the Genesis/Megadrive Sonic games, and therefore any Sonic game. Just don't play Adventure mode, the story is terrible.

Edited on by SubBronze

SteamID: bulby1994

3DS Friend Code: 5112-3450-2144 | Nintendo Network ID: Bulbousaur

-Godot

Bulbousaur wrote:

Freedom Planet is better than any of the Genesis/Megadrive Sonic games, and therefore any Sonic game. Just don't play Adventure mode, the story is terrible.

Well seeing as Genesis games are 20+ years old, I'm not surprised. It's nearly impossible for me to compare games released at such different times.

Currently bored (while change when I stop being bored)

Whydoievenbother

Whenever I see someone rant about the oversaturation of FPS and sports games, I feel the need to tell said person abut the oversaturation of Mascot Platfomers and Beat 'em Ups in the 90's.
Platformer franchises in the 90's
Mario
Bubsy
Sonic
Tomba
Crash Bandicoot
Spyro
Earthworm Jim
Rayman
Super Castlevania 4
Mega Man X
Vectorman
Banjo-Kazooie
Beat 'em Up franchises in the 90's
Streets of Rage
Final Fight
X-Men arcade game
TMNT IV: Turtles in Time
Splatterhouse
Double Dragon
The Simpsos arcade game
Battletoads

Edited on by Whydoievenbother

Light Yagami, Death Note
"Ah, the Breakfast Club soundtrack! I can't wait 'til I'm old enough to feel ways about stuff!"
Phillip J. Fry, Futurama

Socar

I don't get the praise that Kid Icarus Uprising has got really. If it weren't for the Land battles, I can agree that the game is solid and worth anyone's time. But the fact that the Land Battles demand you to do so much with little time you have, it feels rather odd for this game to get a perfect 40/40 score. Some levels are long, the fact that you have to do this in one go with little to no death and it screams achievements poorly done. I recently tried doing some achievements and I can honestly say, the ones that I have to do within certain minutes frustrated me the most.

Which leads me to another problem I have with Sora and that's how Sakurai-San intends to be a freelance game designer. I don't see how a freelance game designer will work because quite frankly, why would anyone want to hire him instead of Nintendo?

Buizel

Not sure if this has been mentioned but:

New Super Mario Bros 2 is still a good game, probably on par with the original and Wii versions. It just adds nothing new to the table and is thus really forgettable (or remembered as bad).

Edited on by Buizel

At least 2'8".

Socar

@Buizel: Its not bad actually. This game could be the best. The problem is that the coins do absolutely nothing which make it such a bore to play the game. Sure you get 1-ups, but that doesn't mean a thing when the whole level design easily spits out the coins right in front of you with little to no effort.

If they did something like Wario Land where the amount of coins you get alters the ending, that would have been awesome.....but it doesn't. And no, I'm not talking about that one million coins or 999999 coins you'd get for just a Tanooki suit. I'm talking about an actual game ending that will put a smile to your face. Something that happens when you save Peach.

Edited on by Socar

Drowsy

Buizel wrote:

New Super Mario Bros 2 is still a good game, probably on par with the original and Wii versions. It just adds nothing new to the table and is thus really forgettable (or remembered as bad).

I agree with this. I think I enjoyed it more than Wii, even.

Socar

I honestly don't get why fowl words are needed for video games really. If you're gonna make the game that should give the player a reason why he/she doesn't feel kiddie because of the fowl words, that is a horrible way to do it. Visuals of a game don't judge what the game is honestly. I like Kirby and I'm a huge Mario fan and I've played a lot of Mario games and whenever a new Mario game shows up(assuming its something of my taste) I'm gonna get it no matter what. But does that mean that because these games don't have a lot of bad words, I'm acting like a kid? No. It simply means that I love platform games and that's that. If I played a platform game that focuses a lot on swearing and ruins the game experience for me, I'm most likely going to give it a pass.

If fowl language is to give gamers an excuse that they are playing adult games and games are just as good as the real world, then that also is a bad one because no matter what you say, a game is just a game with characters that aren't real. Simply having bad words to make the experience better isn't necessarily because I can think of a lot of mature rated games that don't use them and are great games to play.

Edited on by Socar

CaviarMeths

I tried out Binary Domain the other day. I switched it off halfway through the first mission because I already couldn't stop rolling my eyes at the token black dude swearing in almost every single line of dialogue. It was so forced and embarrassing, really.

I may try the game again, because it was decently fun otherwise.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Jaz007

@Artwark: I agree with this overall. I really wish less M rated dropped a bunch of F-bombs. A lot of games look good to me, but language (and perhaps something sexual) makes me unwilling to play, espcially when comparable games get by fine without it the language. Example: Hitman: Absolutuon later Splinter Cell Splinter Cell games use a bunch of language, while something comparable like Assassin's Creed doesn't (and older Splinter Cell games for SC). (Yes, I know AC has swearing, but they keep to PG-13 levels rather dropping a bunch of F-words.)

Edited on by Jaz007

Jaz007

LzWinky

Buizel wrote:

Adding nothing new is exactly why it's bad. The original was crap.

Artwark wrote:

I honestly don't get why fowl words are needed for video games really.

Untitled

Edited on by LzWinky

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Whydoievenbother

Metacritic isn't very good. Let's say that a game that I'm interested in gets a metascore of 81. That means nothing other than that critics liked it. It doesn't tell you WHY they liked it. It It doesn't explain the problems with the game. It just gives you an average of the scores. I could do that myself if I wanted to, and I'd have gotten a better idea of whether or not this game is for me.

Light Yagami, Death Note
Phillip J. Fry, Futurama

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic