Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 2,741 to 2,760 of 12,088

6ch6ris6

metal gear solid 3 is not the best mgs game. mgs1 is. and when phantom pain arrives it will be mgs5.

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

AtomiCartridge

I am really sick of Nintendo having such a huge focus on DLC and free updates, good or bad. It just irritates me that in the next 10 years, it will become physically impossible to enjoy the majority of content on the piddly amount of truly great Wii U games, like with 4 Smash Brothers characters, and more than half of the content of Splatoon and Hyrule Warriors.

Twilight Symphony. Enough Said.

My cat Ivory approves of your posts. Please continue to make more of them so that she does not consume my soul.

shaneoh

AtomiCartridge wrote:

I am really sick of Nintendo having such a huge focus on DLC and free updates, good or bad. It just irritates me that in the next 10 years, it will become physically impossible to enjoy the majority of content on the piddly amount of truly great Wii U games, like with 4 Smash Brothers characters, and more than half of the content of Splatoon and Hyrule Warriors.

I know that Gamespy managed the Wii servers, but aren't Nintendo managing their own this time around? If so then I don't think this will be such a huge issue, I'm confident that they'll host the content for more than 10 years

The Greatest love story ever, Rosie Love (part 33 done)
The collective noun for a group of lunatics is a forum. A forum of lunatics.
I'm belligerent, you were warned.

kkslider5552000

I disagree that OOT isn't well made. It's just that both future Zeldas and other games did things better and more interesting. Kinda too influential for its own good.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

RR529

I'm not a fan of Halloween Town in Kingdom Hearts.

While the fact that I'm not a fan of Tim Burton's style does play a part in it, I understand KH is a series that mishmashes various styles, so that's really not the big issue for me. Rather, it's the bosses (especially the miniboss fight against those kids. Lock, Shock, & Barrel, I think?).

After fighting Clayton (who has a gun), Cerberus, Cloud, Jafar, amongst other monsters, how am I supposed to believe a group of kids half Sora's age with no discernible special powers can do anything to stop him?

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Pkmns

I think every remake should give the user the option to keep the original graphics/sound and cut off extra content.

Pkmns

Geonjaha

Pkmns wrote:

I think every remake should give the user the option to keep the original graphics/sound and cut off extra content.

Doesn't that kind of defeat the point of buying a remake then? Surely you should just get the original, either that or you're just asking for a re-release.

Geonjaha

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

Drowsy

Alright, I'll get it off my chest:

Most series under Mega Man was milked to death with many sequels (Original, X, Battle Network) or just didn't take off (Star Force, ZX). The fact that Capcom decided to give Mega Man a rest is a good thing, in my eyes. Whenever they actually do find something to do with him, I'm sure those games will sell very well.

All the canceled Mega Man projects looked bad, except for Legends 3.

Speaking of Legends, I didn't find the Legends games to be anything special and found the gameplay to be outdated even for the time they came out. That being said, I was still a bit excited for Legends 3 and it's a shame it was canceled.

Edited on by Drowsy

Ralizah

Rocket League is the least interesting game I've played all year. The gameplay is too basic; controls feel loose and wonky; this is easily my least favorite game on my PS4.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

-Green-

i really like Kid Icarus Uprising's controls. After getting used to them and learning them, I found them to be really enjoyable.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Haruki_NLI

Brace yourselves: I like Sonic the Hedgehog.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

DefHalan

Cyber-BLP-- wrote:

Brace yourselves: I like Sonic the Hedgehog.

I don't think that is an unpopular opinion. Lots of people like Sonic and that is why people are so disappointed in the recent games

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Socar

Landstalker: The treasures of King Nole is pretty under rated. I see as to why some wouldn't like this game because of it being isometric. But its not the perspective that is to be blamed here but rather the poorly positioned objects that are in the game and the fact that timing isn't balanced right. There is a puzzle that you have to do everything in one go and because of the lack of time you have, it can be very frustrating because of it. I don't recall a Zelda game that isn't properly balanced during this one time incidents.

Controls is something that you can easily get used to. Its not that major downfall and even then, the experience is still there. I feel that the developers couldn't figure out how to make the bosses engaging like in 2D or 3D so what happens is that since the way the view works in which majority of the paths are blocked, enemies and bosses can easily be killed if they can't move back any further which means if done right, the bosses are a breeze. I never used a guide to play this game and honestly, its a great game if you remove its flaws.

I love some of its songs. However I do find the walking animation a bit odd when he moves his arms when going south. This is the animation that bothers me......

Untitled

The way he moves his arms.... is odd. How anyone can move their arms like that? I see no issue in the legs but the arms? Atleast when he moves front, the arms move nicely, but when he moves in this direction, it feels like the arm is moving some other way.

I would like to see a remake happen for this game. If anything, I would love Nintendo to make a Wario game like this if they can atleast. Call it Wario Land RPG!

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

The__Goomba

There has never been a good 3D Sonic game.

Please feel free to follow me on Twitter ✌

Twitter:

martinskrtel37

i am perfectly fine with Nintendo being Nintendo ie. not becoming what so many of you all seem to want to see it become: another boring, faceless, run-of-the-mill, uninventive, unimaginative, copycat, soulless, Western-mindset orientated cash-grabbing money-thirsty greedy corporate corporation. seems to be a very unpopular opinion around here. i feel like i support a little community club but everyone else wants to see it sell out and become the state's corporate franchise. i just don't understand why you would want that for "our" company at all.

Edited on by Eel

Octane wrote:

everyone needs to relax and enjoy the games that are released today and stop worrying what Nintendo will do in a year or two from now.

3DS Friend Code: 0130-1906-5039 | Nintendo Network ID: martinskrtel37

shaneoh

martinskrtel37 wrote:

"our" company

That brings me to this thought: It's not my job to tell game companies what I want from a game, it's the game companies' duty to impress me with their ideas if they want a sale. If I have ideas for a game, then I should make the game instead of asking someone else to make it for me. They're game developers, not chefs.

Edited on by shaneoh

The Greatest love story ever, Rosie Love (part 33 done)
The collective noun for a group of lunatics is a forum. A forum of lunatics.
I'm belligerent, you were warned.

Buizel

The__Goomba wrote:

There has never been a good 3D Sonic game.

Just curious as to what 3D Sonic games you've played?

I've got another couple...

I've finally got round to playing FF7, and I'm not really seeing the fuss. Maybe it's too soon (I'm still on disc 1), and maybe I can't fully appreciate it in 2015 and having not played its predecessors, but nothing is really striking me about it, and I've much preferred FF8 and FF9 so far. I still enjoy it — pretty much for the same reasons I enjoy FF8/9 and any JRPG, but I can't help but feel that FF8 and FF9 did everything better, and that FF7 is extremely flawed around every corner. The game can feel very awkward and clunky — this is particularly noticeable when exploring certain areas and at its worst when playing the god-awful mini games. The story is interesting but I'm finding it to have poor pace and direction...I'm finding myself becoming impatient because very little has happened, or completely missing key details and wondering what I'm doing. Finally, I'm finding the combat way too easy — I'm not even grinding yet battles have been a case of just using magic (often with no thought about MP) and occasionally healing, with very few deaths. I hear this gets better though... I really hope that the game can pick up...maybe I just need to overlook some of these outdated aspects of the game!

Secondly, I often think game companies could often do well not to listen to their "fans", at least in a creative sense. Actually, looking back a post:

shaneoh wrote:

martinskrtel37 wrote:

"our" company

That brings me to this thought: It's not my job to tell game companies what I want from a game, it's the game companies' duty to impress me with their ideas if they want a sale. If I have ideas for a game, then I should make the game instead of asking someone else to make it for me. They're game developers, not chefs.

This is sort of what I'm getting at. Some fans are too quick to dismiss anything that isn't exactly how they imagined it, and often put forward their own ideas as if they're representative of the entire fanbase, insisting that the game company should follow them because it's "what everybody wants".

Aromaiden wrote:

i really like Kid Icarus Uprising's controls. After getting used to them and learning them, I found them to be really enjoyable.

Agreed. For shooting in particular, I think it's got dual analog beat.

Edited on by Buizel

At least 2'8".

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic