Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 2,661 to 2,680 of 12,088

DefHalan

SuperWiiU wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

SuperWiiU wrote:

Artwark wrote:

@Aromaiden: Problem is that there are 2 types of OS which are Android and IOS. Since we know that Android depends on how powerful the phone is, if Nintendo only releases it to IOS, it would only be a niche market because of Apple phones being expensive compared to a smartphone.

Apple phones are smartphones(like ipads are tablets). Nintendo needs to release to at least all three major mobile OS's(Android, iOS and Windows 10M) if they are serious about their mobile aspirations.

they could probably skip Windows Phones and be fine in the mobile market, already plenty skip Android and are fine lol

They could also skip iOS and be fine too. Android has up to 80% in many markets. With Windows 10 they have a much larger market than previous Windows Phones. Because not only will their mobile games work on phones, but all Windows 10 tablets and PC's too. Plus they can easily port the iOS or Android versions to W10.

Between iOS and Android is I hear it is easier to sell paid apps on iOS while Android users mainly only give money to F2P games. It will be interesting to see what Nintendo does, I have Android so I hope that will be supported.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Nintendo_Ninja

Remakes get too much hate.

Nintendo ID Network: Nintendo_Ninja
Mario Maker ID: LR5-VQV-THG

Ralizah

@Nintendo_Ninja: Agreed. They effectively pad out a system's library, especially early on when all the original games are still being developed, and can help introduce a new generation to a classic title they never would have played otherwise. In some cases (such as RE on the Gamecube), it can totally improve on and revitalize the gameplay of an older title.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Ralizah

@Nintendo_Ninja: Agreed. They effectively pad out a system's library, especially early on when all the original games are still being developed, and can help introduce a new generation to a classic title they never would have played otherwise. In some cases (such as RE on the Gamecube), it can totally improve on and revitalize the gameplay of an older title.

Jaz007

@Ralizah: @Nintendo_Ninja: Agreed. I think PS3 remakes should hold off a bit (just so standards can raise), but I think now is a great time for them since standards are raising and they get more than a resolution bump and another small improvement. Now graphics overall are being improved and gameplay's getting enhancements as well. I think PS2 era should start getting remasters now. The PS3 era game later.

Jaz007

Socar

Nintendo suffers the most out of all the game companies out there.....and yet, they still manage to survive.

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

iKhan

Nintendo_Ninja wrote:

Remakes get too much hate.

I'm on the opposite side of the spectrum. I think remakes get too much love. Games like WWHD and LToS: Remastered end up as "must-plays" on their respective consoles, when they don't do much beyond look prettier. I guess to be more specific, I have a problem with Remasters. I honestly just view them as ports that get diehard fans to double dip. I still have WW and a Gamecube, and on the rare occasion I want to replay a Zelda game, I'll play it there.

Remakes on the other hand like HG/SS are fine. They rebuild games from the ground up, while keeping attention to something people hole dear. It's a great way to make something fresh again.

OoT3D honestly falls in a gray area IMO. The N64 and PS1 were the awkward years on 3D games. They looked abysmal, and they ran like crap. OoT is a game that really benefits from a graphics/performance upgrade and mechanical tweaks.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

-Green-

@Jaz007: Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Buizel

I have a few...

The Kanto Pokemon games (RBYFRLG) are the weakest in the series
I think it's pretty difficult to compare Pokemon games as at their core they're the same experience, just each game has differences in the region, available Pokemon and, as the series has progresses, battle mechanics. I also think to say a game in the Pokemon series is the weakest is still saying it's very good. However going back to Kanto I find it has one major problem — it's outdated. In its most recent iteration of FRLG (let's ignore the post-game Kanto in HGSS), Kanto's Pokemon have move pools that are very limited by today's standards, with many Pokemon learning few moves outside of their own type. Pokemon that got much-need buffs with extra evolutions (for example, Golbat to Crobat) don't have the opportunity to evolve in FRLG — at least not until late game. I'll praise Kanto as a region for its non-linear structure, which almost lets you visit the gym leaders in any order — however I find the scenery of the region to be relatively bland when compared to a more modern region such as Hoenn. Finally, FRLG is the oldest Pokemon game not to have been remade, so if you want to play a Kanto game you're going to have to suffer some of the older mechanics, such as physical/special being determined by move type rather than being assigned to each individual move. Kanto isn't a bad setting at all, just I think it's due a remake, even if people aren't happy with the idea of a remake of a remake...

I love the Gamepad, I think it should be an (optional) part of every Nintendo console
For starters, I find it to be one of the most comfortable controllers Nintendo have ever released, far more so than the Pro Controller. Everything just feels in perfect place...the left analog and D-pad are equally accessible, as are the right analogue and face buttons. This controller also has, in my opinion, the best placement of shoulder buttons of any controller I've used.
But mostly, I love off-TV play, and would find it difficult to go back in future consoles. I also love its ease of use with apps like Netflix and Youtube.

The NES and N64 are Nintendo's weakest home consoles
I think something along these lines has been said here already, so sorry if I reiterate. I feel with these systems, especially the NES, a large portion of the library just hasn't aged well at all. I also find these two consoles have very little to offer than hasn't already been bettered by their successors (e.g. I'd much rather play Super Mario World over SMB3, and Galaxy over Mario 64).

Regarding 3D Sonic...

• I think Heroes is largely underrated and definitely one of the best 3D Sonic games. I found the levels well-designed and they really made use of the run/fly/power system — it all worked really smoothly when I played. Gameplay-wise I'd place it above the Adventures.
  • I think Colors gets too much credit. Aesthetically the game is great — beautiful, scenic levels and great presentation. However, gameplay-wise I think the best aspect was done better before (the speed-focused levels of Sonic Unleashed), and I didn't like how the Wisps would break up the gameplay, nor that it was split up into so many short levels. I don't want to build up my speed just to see the level end!
  • Despite my criticisms of Colors, I adore Generations, and believe it to be the best 3D Sonic game by a long shot. It took was was great about the levels in Unleashed and Colors and kicked it up a notch, making things more fluid, and filling up the levels as to massively extend the replayability. This is what fast-paced, 3D Sonic should be — breezing through a level, not without some challenge, finding new paths each time you play, and trying to maximise your score.
  • One criticism that still holds though: I despise 2D sections in 3D levels. Not only does 3D Sonic feel slippery in 2D, but the jump is way too clunky. I'd happily never see this again.

And 2D Sonic...

• Sonic Generations is not only the best 3D Sonic game, but probably one of the best 2D Sonic games.
  • 2D Sonic shouldn't focus on speed. In 2D if you go to fast, you can't see where you're going. I much preferred the more traditional platforming elements of Sonic 1, 2, 3 + K, and Sonic Advance, to the more speed-oriented Sonic Advance 2 and Sonic Rush for this reason.

Edited on by Buizel

At least 2'8".

GreatGoateeGuy

I have probably just committed the cardinal sin of gaming... I finally caved in and bought Metroid: Other M after avoiding it for years due to criticism. However, upon playing it, I actually think it's a great game. I think the gameplay is brilliant, the game is the most beautiful looking Wii game I've ever seen, and I really don't think the story is horrible. Don't kill me please.

Kay-O.

Haywired

Getting rid of the Wii Shop Channel music is the biggest mistake Nintendo has ever made.

Haywired

KO-Cub

GreatGoateeGuy wrote:

I have probably just committed the cardinal sin of gaming... I finally caved in and bought Metroid: Other M after avoiding it for years due to criticism. However, upon playing it, I actually think it's a great game. I think the gameplay is brilliant, the game is the most beautiful looking Wii game I've ever seen, and I really don't think the story is horrible. Don't kill me please.

The reason why it's hated is because it just wasn't really what you'd expect in a Metroid game. Everyone agrees though, good looking and great mechanics, but it's slow in the beginning. You're unable to use any powers in Samus's disposal because Adam says so.
Samus is also reaaaally touchy and feely. It's not Samus that we knew at all, and the writing completely acts like the Prime series (previous entries) didn't exist.
The game wasn't very Metroid either. The corridors were linear, Level design was boring compared to other entries, something would 'always' prevent you from backtracking, being told where to go and how, no Metroidvania exploration. And finally, you'd need a Joy stick or you'll have bad controls.

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

GreatGoateeGuy

@KO-Cub: I wouldn't want every Metroid game to be like it, but I appreciated it for what it is and thought it was a good game in its own right.

Kay-O.

KO-Cub

@GreatGoateeGuy: A Metroid completely based on story, didn't have the worst outcome. A good game wrongly judged. Still, some people today reject Prime Federation Force because they think it'll do the same Other M did, not be a satisfying Metroid game (especially after 5 years), and they haven't even played Fed. Force. People would agree that they wouldn't want other games to be like Metroid: Other M, but that's what they thinking is happening.

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

Shinion

@Haywired: agreed. But hey, at least it's in Smash. But no in all seriousness I agree that the Wii Shop Music is far better than the Wii U or 3DS ones, I sometimes just went on to listen to it and ended up buying a game whilst humming the tune and I almost didn't feel bad about wasting money lol.

Shinion

Rixor13

i think shadow the hedgehog, sonic and the secret rings, sonic and the black knight, and sonic boom:shattered crystal are good games...

Is this a joke? Are you having a chuckle? Haha, very funny. I'm the one with a degree

Avatar credit to Undertale and Toby fox.

3DS Friend Code: 1951-0757-8693 | Nintendo Network ID: rixor11

CaterpillarGuy59

I liked star fox command. Its not the best game in the series, not by a long shot, but I thought the tactical planning was cool, and the game could get really hard at times, which you don't really see out of too many nintendo games anymore.

Edited on by CaterpillarGuy59

If you like goofballs, then you've found the right person

~ Currently playing: Pokémon Legends: Arceus (Switch), Monster Hunter: World (PS4), Banjo Kazooie (N64 via NSO)

~ Currently watching: The Book of Boba Fett, Link Click, Kaguya-Sama: Love is War, Horimiya

Switch Friend Code: SW-4969-1374-0104 | 3DS Friend Code: 4742-6966-5355

Ralizah

Radiant Historia is pretty boring. I neared the end of the game, stopped for some reason, and have felt no reason whatsoever to pick it back up. I probably will, just to finish it, but it has been a huge disappointment. Which is weird, because I like the battle system, the focus on political intrigue is decent, and I normally love Chrono Trigger-esque time travel shenanigans. Something about this game has just not gripped me, though. It feels hollow, and I don't care at all about any of the characters, which is weird, because I normally become quite invested in JRPGs.

I can honestly say the same for Xenoblade Chronicles so far as well. I just... don't care about the characters. At all. Hate the battle system. Hate the MMO like quests.

Edited on by Ralizah

iKhan

Ralizah wrote:

Radiant Historia is pretty boring. I neared the end of the game, stopped for some reason, and have felt no reason whatsoever to pick it back up. I probably will, just to finish it, but it has been a huge disappointment. Which is weird, because I like the battle system, the focus on political intrigue is decent, and I normally love Chrono Trigger-esque time travel shenanigans. Something about this game has just not gripped me, though. It feels hollow, and I don't care at all about any of the characters, which is weird, because I normally become quite invested in JRPGs.

I can honestly say the same for Xenoblade Chronicles so far as well. I just... don't care about the characters. At all. Hate the battle system. Hate the MMO like quests.

I definitely agree about XC's characters. They are mostly hollow shells, with Reyn and Riki being the only exceptions.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic