Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 2,501 to 2,520 of 12,088

Socar

I have a feeling that Sony isn't going to last long in the gaming market. shutting down divisions doesn't make anyone survive longer but rather, it makes it worse as the ones who did buy a Vaio are screwed because Sony doesn't offer service of them anymore.

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

Peek-a-boo

Artwark wrote:

I have a feeling that Sony isn't going to last long in the gaming market. shutting down divisions doesn't make anyone survive longer but rather, it makes it worse as the ones who did buy a Vaio are screwed because Sony doesn't offer service of them anymore.

Have you read their most recent quarterly financial report by any chance? They are gaining revenue and profit in all areas of their business other than mobile phones. The most successful areas is camera (optics and imagining) and the PlayStation brand, the latter of which has sold more than the Xbox One and Wii U combined.

They're doing fine. They are just not quite the wealthiest of well known household brands that they used to be.

Peek-a-boo

kkslider5552000

I can now say that Rayman Legends is better than any Mario game in the past 5 years.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Socar

@Peek-a-boo: Yeah? What about the Vita? What about those layoffs that lots of employees had to face? Like Iwata said, its only going to satisfy in the short term but not in a long term. They shut down various brands like the PC. And compared to Samsung, they aren't even close to competing better phones like how Samsung does.

Honestly, I can't see anyone here who would rather get a Sony phone over a Samsung one.

Edit: @kkslider5552000 I don't mean to offend you or anything, but how can you actually say such a thing like that?

Edited on by Socar

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

Aviator

Artwark wrote:

Edit: @kkslider5552000 I don't mean to offend you or anything, but how can you actually say such a thing like that?

Because it's true.

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

CaviarMeths

arronishere wrote:

It's standard procedure for Marvel to get lower profile people to write and direct their films, it's so they can use them as puppets to get the exact results they want, even Joss Whedon had to bow to their demands.

Sort-of-not-really. Iron Man 3 is much closer in style to Shane Black's previous work than the previous Iron Man films, so much that it works almost as well as a sequel to Kiss Kiss Bang Bang as it does to The Avengers. Similarly, you don't hire people like Kenneth Branagh or James Gunn unless you want a Kenneth Branagh or James Gunn film. These aren't household names of course, but they are filmmakers known for a distinctive style. I wouldn't argue that Marvel isn't a tightly controlled brand, but for most of their projects, I can look at it and go "Huh, I see where they're coming from" with the creative teams.

The big exception was the Russo brothers with Captain America: The Winter Soldier. Getting the two Community directors made no sense to me. Was so glad to be proven wrong though. TWS was an excellent movie, maybe even the best under the Marvel banner, and watching and reading interviews with the Russos really convinced me that they understood the character, appropriate influences, and how to make it all work. Hopefully Spider-Man proves me wrong again.

Getting way OT though, maybe we should carry this over to a different thread.

Edited on by CaviarMeths

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Peek-a-boo

Artwark wrote:

@Peek-a-boo: Yeah? What about the Vita? What about those layoffs that lots of employees had to face? Like Iwata said, its only going to satisfy in the short term but not in a long term. They shut down various brands like the PC. And compared to Samsung, they aren't even close to competing better phones like how Samsung does.

Honestly, I can't see anyone here who would rather get a Sony phone over a Samsung one.

You are talking about the phrase that Sony went through back in 2010-2011 when they had to let a hefty number of employees go as well as selling off their Vaio business due to the Yen being very high (compared to other global markets) at the time.

Since that particularly bad time a shy over four years ago, Sony has been slowly (but surely) clawing their way back to profitably and thus, pleasing their shareholders for the first time in quite sometime. Their optics (for cameras) side of business is now one of the best in the world and is doing very well for them, and I don't need to repeat myself in telling you just how well the PlayStation 4 is doing, even if the PS Vita is in the same position as the Wii U; a small failure.

Their mobile phone category has always been up and down for them. We live in an age, for better or worse, whereby most people either choose an iPhone or one of the numerous Samsung phones - it is the way the market goes!

On another topic altogether, I personally thought Iron Man 3 was the best out of the three, mainly due to Shaun Black's script and his wonderfully dark humour. I might be biased though, as I love the Lethal Weapon films and Kiss Kiss Bang Bang is absolutely brilliant!

Peek-a-boo

-Godot

Cyb3Rnite wrote:

-Godot wrote:

Subspace Emissary rocked! It was one of my favorite parts of Brawl, if not my favorite, and I am very disappointed something similar didn't return in SSB Wii U.

Same here, I loved it. A real shame Sakurai took it out because the cutscenes were being put on YouTube. What a dumb reason.

I bet he was just covering his butt with a lame excuse, he didn't even plan to make one in the first place. He probably just jumped at the opportunity to explain why he took out something that would make the game much better.

Currently bored (while change when I stop being bored)

-Godot

kkslider5552000 wrote:

I can now say that Rayman Legends is better than any Mario game in the past 5 years.

I know that Legends is probably the better game, but I still had more fun playing Origins. The gameplay felt more fresh in the original, and I felt myself dreading every constant Murphy level, hoping I could get back to the platforming action. They're still both great games though.

Currently bored (while change when I stop being bored)

Ralizah

Origins is the better game, what with it being more balanced and having more fleshed out worlds. The level design is creative without being all over the place like Legends. Also, it focuses on the core platforming experience rather than dropping pointless minigames on the player.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

CanisWolfred

-Godot wrote:

Cyb3Rnite wrote:

-Godot wrote:

Subspace Emissary rocked! It was one of my favorite parts of Brawl, if not my favorite, and I am very disappointed something similar didn't return in SSB Wii U.

Same here, I loved it. A real shame Sakurai took it out because the cutscenes were being put on YouTube. What a dumb reason.

I bet he was just covering his butt with a lame excuse, he didn't even plan to make one in the first place. He probably just jumped at the opportunity to explain why he took out something that would make the game much better.

As well-directed as the cutscenes were, Sub-Space Emissary was terrible from a gameplay perspective. A lot of it felt like a really poor-man's beat 'em up with some platforming, which wasn't helped at all by the floatiness of Brawl...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Whydoievenbother

Ubisoft isn't evil. Ubisoft is just a group of pathetic cowards.

"I'll take a potato chip... AND EAT IT!"
Light Yagami, Death Note
"Ah, the Breakfast Club soundtrack! I can't wait 'til I'm old enough to feel ways about stuff!"
Phillip J. Fry, Futurama

electrolite77

@Zelkardaim:

All fanboy zealots are as bad as each other. As soon as someone starts labeling others as 'the worst' its invariably followed by a load of stereotyped fanboy zealot nonsense. As seen here in the post 3 below yours.

Xbox Gamertag - GJB77XBOX

Playstation ID - GJB77

Switch friend code - SW-5907-7972-1196

Nintendo network Username - GJB77

electrolite77

@kkslider5552000:

2D Marios maybe. But it isn't even the best Rayman game of the last 5 years.

Playstation ID - GJB77

electrolite77

@Artwark:

I think the opposite, PlayStation is their best subsidiary now. They're doing well in cameras too but PS is their most consistent cash generator and will be for the next few years with PS4 going so well. Can't see them lasting long in the phone business which is a shame as I've had an Xperia Z for two years now and its so good I'm considering the Z3 for my next. Prefer it to my wife's S5 actually which is a surprise as the last Sony phone I had in about 2008 was awful. In 5 years it could be that the only hardware they make is PlayStations and Cameras.

Playstation ID - GJB77

Dispen

~ Animal Crossing should not lead the road to game after game after game like Mario. I want a new AC main game as many others do, but games take time. It was 5 years between the CF and NL launch dates, at least for NA, so please, trust Nintendo sometimes.
~ Xenoblade looks uninteresting. But I grew up with Wii Sports and Pokémon Diamond, so what would I know?
~ Amiibos are clever and tricky. Nintendo makes most Smash characters and some Splatoon characters (which are two of the Wii U bestsellers and also the ones that bring in more people to buy the Wii U) into fairly attractive figurines. People collect Amiibos in order to collect more things. Cause that's video games!®
~ I don't want to attempt to finish the Pokédex. This attitude branched over to my opinions on amiibos.
~ I don't like the DSi, Wii, or 3DS main menus. I have no idea what the Wii U menu looks like, but I bet it's the same deal. I feel so empty and insignificant when there's tons of spaces left for games.
~ I don't like the idea of the new Streetpass games. I'm also terrible at Mii Fighters so shame on me for purchasing it. {=~=}
~I've only owned 9 gaming consoles, some of which I shared, and I wish video games were more like what they were back then.
~ The New Super Mario Bros. games were fun, but nothing special.
~ I actually want a Wii U a little . . .

Dispen

iKhan

CanisWolfred wrote:

-Godot wrote:

Cyb3Rnite wrote:

-Godot wrote:

As well-directed as the cutscenes were, Sub-Space Emissary was terrible from a gameplay perspective. A lot of it felt like a really poor-man's beat 'em up with some platforming, which wasn't helped at all by the floatiness of Brawl...

I wouldn't exactly call it a quality game, but it was a nice distraction from the main gameplay. Something Smash 4 sorely missed. If I want a distraction from the main gameplay, I have either Trophy Rush (boring) or Smash Run.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Hendesu

Honestly, I wish people would stop hating on Lost Levels. Because it's difficult doesn't mean that it's terrible. At least it's better than NSMBU.

Some random dude on Nintendo Life.
Toriel left for a while, so Freaky Fred took over her place!
Not changing this part of the signature until Nintendo announces Super Mario Sunshine 2.
[Started 10/31/15]

Nintendo Network ID: DarkSperow

LzWinky

NightmareEater wrote:

Honestly, I wish people would stop hating on Lost Levels. Because it's difficult doesn't mean that it's terrible. At least it's better than NSMBU.

Who's hating lost levels? I don't think I have ever seen this discussion

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic