Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 2,481 to 2,500 of 12,088

iKhan

shaneoh wrote:

MrMario02 wrote:

VR is not going to change the industry.

Agreed, at this point in time, full immersion is boderline impossible, and without full immersion what is the point of VR?

Baby steps.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Grumblevolcano

I like Microsoft Points more than real money for Xbox transactions.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

iKhan

ekreig wrote:

This one is mostly aimed at Nintendo: "hero mode" has got to go. If you're going to design multiple difficulty levels for a game, they should all be available from the start. Forcing players to finish the game once in order to unlock a hard mode serves no purpose other than to give the middle finger to folks that want to use the higher difficulty while the game is still fresh and new to them.

Hero mode isn't a "hard mode". It's a "punishing mode" basically designed as something like the Zelda self-imposed challenges.

And on the subject of self-imposed challenges, I think most of them are stupid. They may add challenge or other values to the game, but they completely rob the game of other components. 3-heart runs in Zelda completely ruin the fun of exploration. Nuzlockes rob the game of the fun of hunting down pokemon in the grass.

They are really only enjoyable when they exclusively add to a game. Making a rule that you won't use items in-battle in Pokemon is an example.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

CanisWolfred

ekreig wrote:

This one is mostly aimed at Nintendo: "hero mode" has got to go. If you're going to design multiple difficulty levels for a game, they should all be available from the start. Forcing players to finish the game once in order to unlock a hard mode serves no purpose other than to give the middle finger to folks that want to use the higher difficulty while the game is still fresh and new to them.

Or it's a way to artifically extend play time, 8-Bit style. Either way, it's still dumb to force people to unlock higher modes when most people wouldn't really see it as a reward, anyways...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Peek-a-boo

@Grumblevolcano: Me too, if only because, for example, you could buy a 800 points card for less than the sum of its (official) cost therefore the games were technically cheaper. I also much, much prefer the three tier system of 400 points for the little bite-size games, 800 for somewhere in between and 1200 for the big - and oft funded by Microsoft themselves - indie games.

I know the developers choose the price (rather than the publishers) nowadays, but I kind of wish there was a 'system' of sorts in regards to a category of pricing for those indie games; $4.99, $9.99 and $14.99 is better than all these odd and all-over-the-place price tags.

Oh well!

Peek-a-boo

Shinion

I don't think it's an unpopular opinion to say Sony fans are the worst, because they kind of are. You are pretty much right on the money when you say that the worst of them are insufferable because they eat up the rubbish Sony feeds them, and they think that PS is the only worthwhile console and they hate on everything Mario/Halo/Zelda/Forza despite not playing those great games. They almost always bring up the '1000000th Mario game' comment on any Mario article, whilst continuing to buy Uncharted 4, Uncharted Collection, God of War 3 remastered, Little Big Planet 3 and Gran Turismo whatever, all relatively new series that have been completely milked to death already despite not changing much since their inception, and they are the main supporters of the 3rd party rubbish, buying COD, Destiny and Batman, and STILL bringing up the '100000th Mario game' comments, whilst they are blind to how hypocritical they are by buying that Arkham rubbish which has the nerve to charge £87 for the complete edition, despite only being slightly bigger and prettier than the one released years ago. They constantly bring the current sales figures into every debate, thus redering it pointless to argue with them, and even that is stupid as they ignore the fact that the majority of the 20 whatever mill PS4 owners are just COD/FIFA casuals, and they convinientley don't remember how embarrassing the PS3's sales were, having to be bundled with vacuums and micro-waves here in the UK for a couple of years because no one would buy the system that they all knew was a rip-off. In summary/TL;DR, they constantly bash Nintendo & Microsoft for lack of innovation, rehashing and more with one hand whilst accepting that very same (if not worse) stuff from Sony with the other. There are probably several other examples of how irritating they are that I can't recall ATM but I find it undeniable how obvious it is.

Edited on by Shinion

Shinion

Woffless

Please, not here.-Morpheel

Edited on by Eel

Woffless

CanisWolfred

Zelkardaim wrote:

@CanisWolfred: No.. why you ask? I'm here since 2013 I think. in fact, I don't usually comment on the articles or forum too much (this is the first time I post something)

It looked like you were on my "block list" but apparently it was just a mistake. 'S all good.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

jedisquidward

@SuperMalleo: Spiderman is my favorite video game series

"The pain goes away, but your work always remains."

Masahiro Sakurai

TylerTheCreator

TheLastLugia wrote:

I don't think it's an unpopular opinion to say Sony fans are the worst, because they kind of are. You are pretty much right on the money when you say that the worst of them are insufferable because they eat up the rubbish Sony feeds them, and they think that PS is the only worthwhile console and they hate on everything Mario/Halo/Zelda/Forza despite not playing those great games. They almost always bring up the '1000000th Mario game' comment on any Mario article, whilst continuing to buy Uncharted 4, Uncharted Collection, God of War 3 remastered, Little Big Planet 3 and Gran Turismo whatever, all relatively new series that have been completely milked to death already despite not changing much since their inception, and they are the main supporters of the 3rd party rubbish, buying COD, Destiny and Batman, and STILL bringing up the '100000th Mario game' comments, whilst they are blind to how hypocritical they are by buying that Arkham rubbish which has the nerve to charge £87 for the complete edition, despite only being slightly bigger and prettier than the one released years ago. They constantly bring the current sales figures into every debate, thus redering it pointless to argue with them, and even that is stupid as they ignore the fact that the majority of the 20 whatever mill PS4 owners are just COD/FIFA casuals, and they convinientley don't remember how embarrassing the PS3's sales were, having to be bundled with vacuums and micro-waves here in the UK for a couple of years because no one would buy the system that they all knew was a rip-off. In summary/TL;DR, they constantly bash Nintendo & Microsoft for lack of innovation, rehashing and more with one hand whilst accepting that very same (if not worse) stuff from Sony with the other. There are probably several other examples of how irritating they are that I can't recall ATM but I find it undeniable how obvious it is.

I guess I fall under this category because I like Sony as well?

This is stereotyping and I've never even heard about these stereotypes before. It's not nice. There are plenty of people who aren't casuals who like the PlayStation. Even if there are many casual gamers on the PS4, why is that a bad thing? Should they not be allowed to play video games? Just because they have a different taste in games than you do?

There are many people who play on the PlayStation 4 for many reasons. Some people buy the PS4 for fighting games. Some people buy the PS4 for it's region-free play. Some people buy the PS4 for it's exclusives that I think are pretty good. If they are redundant, they're just as redundant as Nintendo games, so you can't hate on them for that.

There is nothing wrong with playing on the PlayStation and there is nothing wrong with being a PlayStation fan. These stereotypes are untrue.

TylerTheCreator

3DS Friend Code: 1633-4674-8666 | Nintendo Network ID: Shock-T

Shinion

@TylerTheCreator: alright fine, I'll take that point back. Being a male teenager in the UK, I've bought several CODs and FIFAs over the years for my PS and Xboxs, but the point was that if/when Nintendo, Microsoft or some other company make a console in which Activision and EA can spurt their nonsense more freely, these casuals will have no hesitation in abandoning Sony in a moment's notice, which is why I say the numbers are very ineffective, millions of PS4 owners owned a 360 and not a PS3 3/4 years ago, and you don't need a degree in rocket science or even gaming journalism to understand why. So that's the point, it's really, REALLY stretching the point to say that Sony have 24 million fans ATM, just as it was plainly obvious that there were not 100 million Nintendo fans last gen, despite the Wii's success. But I can't deny you have a point, we can enjoy what we want on the things, so you could say at a stretch that there are 24 million (and increasing) Sony fans. For now. But I won't take back the other points, it's happened AGAIN today, apparently it's Nintendo fans' fault Project Cars Wii U has been cancelled because of, wait for it, WE'RE ALL TOO BUSY BUYING MARIO GAMES!!!!!!! Haha, can you believe it? A couple of days ago I said (after reding dozens of articles this year) that Sony fans have an obsession with hating on Mario and lo and behold today's article. Insufferable doesn't do it justice. No way was it Slightly Mad Studios' fault for joining the 'lying greedy b****** 3rd party devs' crew, it's the Nintendo fans' fault. Of course. And Mario.

Shinion

TylerTheCreator

TheLastLugia wrote:

But I won't take back the other points, it's happened AGAIN today, apparently it's Nintendo fans' fault Project Cars Wii U has been cancelled because of, wait for it, WE'RE ALL TOO BUSY BUYING MARIO GAMES!!!!!!! Haha, can you believe it? A couple of days ago I said (after reding dozens of articles this year) that Sony fans have an obsession with hating on Mario and lo and behold today's article.

Everything seems bigger under the magnifying glass of the Internet.

TylerTheCreator

Smah4382

SSB Brawl is too underrated

Smah4382

TylerTheCreator

@Smah4382: I agree. There's a hefty amount of amazing content in Brawl. But I guess the people who like Melee more aren't really concerned with that as much as the physics of the game. I guess that's fine. Though, I really liked playing Brawl.

TylerTheCreator

-Godot

Subspace Emissary rocked! It was one of my favorite parts of Brawl, if not my favorite, and I am very disappointed something similar didn't return in SSB Wii U.

Currently bored (while change when I stop being bored)

CaviarMeths

SuperMalleo wrote:

What you just said was.... totally amazing. I agree 100%. Oh, and Sony ruined the Spider-Man franchise with Spider-Man 3 and they ruined it again with The Amazing Spider-Man 2. Hopefully Marvel will do better in the 2017 reboot.

The 2017 reboot is a Sony production. Both Amy Pascal (Sony) and Kevin Feige (Marvel) are serving as producers though.

Press release

Sony Pictures will continue to finance, distribute, own and have final creative control of the Spider-Man films.

Personally, I'm a little worried about the creative team. It's being written by John Francis Daley (of uh... Horrible Bosses fame) and directed by John Watts (who?). Really too bad Phil Lord and Christopher Miller (Jump Street, LEGO Movie) weren't tapped for the project. They would have been perfect. The actors they have attached to Peter and Aunt May are fantastic actors though, so that's reassuring.

Edited on by CaviarMeths

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

LyIa

-Godot wrote:

Subspace Emissary rocked! It was one of my favorite parts of Brawl, if not my favorite, and I am very disappointed something similar didn't return in SSB Wii U.

Same here, I loved it. A real shame Sakurai took it out because the cutscenes were being put on YouTube. What a dumb reason.

all men are kings 👑

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic