Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 2,361 to 2,380 of 12,088

-Godot

I really don't like the many people who focus in on the Zelda series and close-mindedly block out other games, ESPECIALLY RPGs.
Also, everyone clamors about the music from the Zelda series as some of the best in video game history, but there are WAY better tracks in so many other games. I saw one person who ranked the Song of Storms as the best video game song in history.

Currently bored (while change when I stop being bored)

kkslider5552000

-Godot wrote:

I really don't like the many people who focus in on the Zelda series and close-mindedly block out other games, ESPECIALLY RPGs.
Also, everyone clamors about the music from the Zelda series as some of the best in video game history, but there are WAY better tracks in so many other games. I saw one person who ranked the Song of Storms as the best video game song in history.

I love video game music, but at least for the top...5 or so soundtracks of the series (and certain songs from other games), Zelda-music is in fact some of the best music in the entire history of video games. Not the sole example by ANY MEANS, but stuff like the original game's soundtrack, Zelda 2's palace, LTTP Hyrule Castle, both Dark World themes, Light World dungeon, Tal Tal Heights, the Wind Fish Egg, Gerudo Valley, Lost Woods, Zora's Domain, Temple of Time, Forest Temple, Spirit Temple, OOT Ganondorf battle, Song of Healing, Last End, Milk Bar, Astral Observatory, Deku Palace, Ikana Castle, Stone Tower Temple, both WW Hyrule Castle themes, Molgera, Dragon Roost Island, The Great Sea, Temple of Dropletts, Palace of Winds, Midna's themes, the OOT remade songs in TP, TP Hyrule Field, Linebeck's theme, any boss theme in Skyward Sword etc. etc. They were all brilliant, and there's a lot more I could potentially name.

That being said, that shouldn't take anything away from other brilliant soundtracks like Beyond Good and Evil or Earthbound or...I dunno Transistor or whatever the kids are listening to nowadays.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

CanisWolfred

I don't even like Majora's Mask, yet The Song of Storms still gives me a sense of meloncholy. I think they're onto something there.

Pollyanna's still better, though. Seriously, not even a huge Mother fan: This song still brings up a million different emotions. So beautiful. ;_;

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Retro_on_theGo

So this is probably a very hated opinion, but if Shenmue 3's Kickstarter could work for other franchises, I would absolutely love for that to be done more often. Obviously, I'd only be for it for franchises that are pretty much dead. Crash Bandicoot, Jet Set Radio, F-Zero, franchise that basically will never get a sequel unless something like this Shenmue Kickstarter was done for them to convince their publishers and developers it would sell.

CanisWolfred

Crash might get a sequel. The question is would we actually want it?

And I still find it hard to believe an F-Zero game wouldn't sell well. I was always under the impression their problem with it was that they couldn't figure out how to make it a better or any different without ruining the formula, so they're just sitting on it? Could be extremely wrong, though...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

-Godot

kkslider5552000 wrote:

-Godot wrote:

I love video game music, but at least for the top...5 or so soundtracks of the series (and certain songs from other games), Zelda-music is in fact some of the best music in the entire history of video games. Not the sole example by ANY MEANS, but stuff like the original game's soundtrack, Zelda 2's palace, LTTP Hyrule Castle, both Dark World themes, Light World dungeon, Tal Tal Heights, the Wind Fish Egg, Gerudo Valley, Lost Woods, Zora's Domain, Temple of Time, Forest Temple, Spirit Temple, OOT Ganondorf battle, Song of Healing, Last End, Milk Bar, Astral Observatory, Deku Palace, Ikana Castle, Stone Tower Temple, both WW Hyrule Castle themes, Molgera, Dragon Roost Island, The Great Sea, Temple of Dropletts, Palace of Winds, Midna's themes, the OOT remade songs in TP, TP Hyrule Field, Linebeck's theme, any boss theme in Skyward Sword etc. etc. They were all brilliant, and there's a lot more I could potentially name.

That being said, that shouldn't take anything away from other brilliant soundtracks like Beyond Good and Evil or Earthbound or...I dunno Transistor or whatever the kids are listening to nowadays.

They are still great, but I always thought praised tracks like the dark world aren't close to tracks like Terra's theme and Celes' theme in FF6, and Battle with Gilgamesh and the Decisive Battle from FF5.

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Milk Bar

So I'm not the only one that finds that song catchy!

Edited on by -Godot

CanisWolfred

-Godot wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

-Godot wrote:

They are still great, but I always thought praised tracks like the dark world aren't close to tracks like Terra's theme and Celes' theme in FF6, and Battle with Gilgamesh and the Decisive Battle from FF5.

I disagree, I think they're very much in the same class and can totally hold their own against the big boys.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

LyIa

People need to shut up about Minecraft. The only reason they think it's horrible is because they haven't played with anyone who isn't an 8 year old. Yeah, I'd respect that you hated the game if your reasoning wasn't "singleplayer is boring and I've got no friends to play with so I'm stuck with little children on slow servers."

all men are kings 👑

kkslider5552000

Minecraft haters are borderline inherently stupid. I don't care about Minecraft, but there is no way that it didn't deserve the popularity it got (especially compared to certain other mega popular games)

GreatGoateeGuy

Is it weird I thought Mother was just as good as Earthbound?

Kay-O.

kkslider5552000

GreatGoateeGuy wrote:

maybe. I haven't played much of the first game yet, but it is definitely an NES RPG, which means it is borderline objectively more annoying than Earthbound.

-Godot

GreatGoateeGuy wrote:

Well, Mother is probably better in comparison to other NES RPGs than Earthbound is in comparison to other SNES RPGs.
Although it has some awkward elements more at home on future systems, separating it from other NES games, it's still very enjoyable if you keep in mind that it's just an NES game.
Super Mario World is miles ahead of the original Mario, yet it's perfectly fine to praise them both equally due to the differing platforms, and... I guess you could view Mother and Earthbound in the same way.

nacho_chicken

GreatGoateeGuy wrote:

No. For a long while I preferred it to EarthBound. I still have a soft spot for it.

Jack of all trades, master of some

Twitter:

veeflames

I always think that the light-hearted music that plays in the hardest levels of a Mario game after SM64 is actually mocking the player. Something like... "Hey, you! Give up! You can't clear this stage!" Or, "Let's see this guy pass this stage, now." Want some perfect examples? The "du-du-du-du-du-du-du" levels in Sunshine and Champion's Road in 3D World. You also have the Purple Coin Comets in the Galaxy games.
Just let that sink in.

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

GuSolarFlare

high definition realistic graphics are awesome, but sprites are lovely
all styles are pretty if done right!!!!

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

Socar

Rayman Origins is the worst platform game I've ever played period. Its ridiculous humor has very little reason to consider this a Rayman game period. The level design, gameplay and its story are nowhere to the nostalgic memories as the original Rayman or even Rayman 2 for that matter. Sure the artstyle is gorgeous but visuals alone don't make a game great. This along with Legends is an insult to every old Rayman fan out there!

.....huh. Maybe that's why Star Fox Zero doesn't look that great but fun instead.

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

Ralizah

Artwark wrote:

Its ridiculous humor has very little reason to consider this a Rayman game period.

I wasn't aware the game's ridiculous humor was conscious and capable of holding opinions.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Socar

Ralizah wrote:

Artwark wrote:

Its ridiculous humor has very little reason to consider this a Rayman game period.

I wasn't aware the game's ridiculous humor was conscious and capable of holding opinions.

Well it is and that is infact one of the reasons why Rayman 3 isn't as good as 2 or 1 but still FAR BETTER than Origins or Legends!

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

-Godot

Artwark wrote:

Ralizah wrote:

Artwark wrote:

Well it is and that is infact one of the reasons why Rayman 3 isn't as good as 2 or 1 but still FAR BETTER than Origins or Legends!

I think you are missing what he meant, lol.
Origins and Legends are drastically different from previous titles in the series to the point where it is really difficult to compare it to the others. I love the originals along with the new ones.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic