Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 2,341 to 2,360 of 12,088

I-U

While I don't see Metroid Prime Hunters ever losing its throne as my favorite Metroid game and favorite game of all time, I do really like what I have seen out of Federation Force besides the art style which has not quite grown on me. Being able to play the game alone and with my siblings (finally Metroid multiplayer is back!) I feel this early that Federation Force could easily become my second favorite Metroid Prime game.

"The secret to ultimate power lies in the Alimbic Cluster."

iKhan

Amiibos need to go.

They are becoming the most anti-consumer thing I have ever seen Nintendo do. They were fine initially, working as an actual beneficial feature in Smash Bros, and serving for minor costumes and the like in other games. They were good small extras for people who bought the Amiibos for collecting or for Smash. Then they started to cut off significant parts of games, and locking them behind Amiibo like in Codename: Steam. Then they started to make new Amiibo, and created games with parts sanctioned off to be only Amiibo unlocked.

This is all made worse by terrible availability.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Haywired

I don't think you have to add Link or a Link costume to every single game nowadays.

Haywired

kkslider5552000

Did I already make my "people who care about Amiibo one way or the other are dumb" statement?

Just wondering.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Jaz007

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Did I already make my "people who care about Amiibo one way or the other are dumb" statement?

Just wondering.

"People with different opinions are dumb."

Jaz007

kkslider5552000

Jaz007 wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Just wondering.

"People with different opinions are dumb."

I'm glad we both agree, thank you.

Whydoievenbother

Mobile games aren't terrible.
Mobile games aren't bad for the industry.
Mobile games just need to find their place in the gaming space.
Mobile games have the potential to create innovative experiences.
Mobile games are expanding the gaming market on a large scale and you can't deny it.

"I'll take a potato chip... AND EAT IT!"
Light Yagami, Death Note
"Ah, the Breakfast Club soundtrack! I can't wait 'til I'm old enough to feel ways about stuff!"
Phillip J. Fry, Futurama

iKhan

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Just wondering.

There is a huge reason to be anti-Amiibo. I'm not interested in figures, but Nintendo is locking significant parts of games behind figures, such that I'd have to buy them just for the purpose of unlocking. The fact that these games basically have on-disc DLC is something that makes me upset as a consumer.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

AceDefective

People under the impression that Nintendo making consoles like NES and SNES or Xbone and PS4 will somehow save them need a hard dose of reality.
The NES and SNES sold well because of Nintendo's grip on the industry at the time, they still had third parties on their side and there wasn't too much competition. Even then however, if you were to pay attention to lifetime sales of Nintendo home consoles up until the Wii you would notice the sales for each started decreasing in comparison to the last.
What Nintendo needs is both good first and third party support, alongside a killer hook and decent specs that can at least keep up the standard of the gen. While I don't believe trying to recapture the Wii's success will really ever work the same way, I still believe they should try to mix things up for the sake of difference from the other two.

Edited on by AceDefective

Just some random loser who loves a variety of things.
Youtube Channel | Deviant ART | YoYo Games account |

3DS Friend Code: 2079-6493-1326 | Nintendo Network ID: ZeroZX_Dev | Twitter:

Geonjaha

Faruko wrote:

No Man's Sky will last less than 10 hours in peoples mind and nobody would care again, I get the game takes massive in scope to another level but I feel it is the kind of game that gets boring after 20 hours or so when the magic of exploration is over and the gameplay looks pretty boring also

This is basically only an unpopular opinion with the people that are so hyped up about it they're not really realising that its promises have been made before, and the fact that after years of development, they're still scared to actually show any real gameplay. People will start to see the repetition before long, and the hype will be lost.

Edited on by Geonjaha

Geonjaha

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

veeflames

People are excited for a remake(Final Fantasy 7), but people loathe a reimagination(Star Fox Zero). I might still play Final Fantasy 7 when I have the chance, but I don't really get the hype, though. Like, am I supposed to after 16 or so sequels? Let's not even move towards its countless(but excellent) spinoffs.

Edited on by veeflames

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

Geonjaha

VeeFlamesNL wrote:

People are excited for a remake, but people loathe a reimagination. I might still play Final Fantasy 7 when I have the chance, but I don't really get the hype, though. Like, am I supposed to after 16 or so sequels? Let's not even move towards its countless(but excellent) spinoffs.

People have been asking for a remake for years though, and it's one of the most well-recieved games of all time. Most of the Final Fantasy games after it don't even come close to its level of quality. When people hear re-imagination, it means Square Enix are changing it, and based on the fact that they think Lightning is a good character, they are no longer really qualified to do that. There's no way they would make it better, old fans want to replay one of their favourite games, and people who haven't tried it want to see what all the fuss is about. This is coming from someone who has no love for the Final Fantasy franchise - it's not hard to see why people want this, even as an outsider.

Edited on by Geonjaha

Geonjaha

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

veeflames

Geonjaha wrote:

VeeFlamesNL wrote:

People are excited for a remake, but people loathe a reimagination. I might still play Final Fantasy 7 when I have the chance, but I don't really get the hype, though. Like, am I supposed to after 16 or so sequels? Let's not even move towards its countless(but excellent) spinoffs.

People have been asking for a remake for years though, and it's one of the most well-recieved games of all time. Most of the Final Fantasy games after it don't even come close to its level of quality. When people hear re-imagination, it means Square Enix are changing it, and based on the fact that they think Lightning is a good character, they are no longer really qualified to do that. There's no way they would make it better, old fans want to replay one of their favourite games, and people who haven't tried it want to see what all the fuss is about. This is coming from someone who has no love for the Final Fantasy franchise - it's not hard to see why people want this, even as an outsider.

I actually like Lightning... a little bit. She's cute. XD
And... the reimagination I was talking about? Star Fox Zero. I'll probably edit my post to clarify that.

God first.

veeflames

But yeah, everyone's been asking for a remake of Final Fantasy 7 while everyone can't seem to agree on what they want in the next Star Fox game. Personally, I like what I'm seeing so far in Star Fox Zero. I'd say the only 'outdated' thing when it comes to visuals is the menu and HUD design. Those look like they've been taken straight from the Wii series...

God first.

Le_Dook

Gen 5 of Pokemon is actually one of the best in the series

Le_Dook

kkslider5552000

iKhan wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Just wondering.

There is a huge reason to be anti-Amiibo. I'm not interested in figures, but Nintendo is locking significant parts of games behind figures, such that I'd have to buy them just for the purpose of unlocking. The fact that these games basically have on-disc DLC is something that makes me upset as a consumer.

That is the closest example I can think of worth caring about. And even then, the biggest problem so far is that lazy level re-use challenges in the lesser part of Splatoon use it. And if anything, this makes me more apathetic, because all it does it counteracts my Samus Amiibo occasionally being mildly amusing at points.

If things go to actual content I care about, I'll complain then. Until then, I can't be annoyed when Nintendo fans were LITERALLY asking for this. It's hard for me to get angry at Nintendo giving Nintendo fans exactly what they said they wanted.

I am unquestionably against making people pay extra money for things already in the game when you buy it at a store. But I can't feel sad about this, because I just don't care about it. I would play this for like 10 minutes and then decide I could be playing other video games (or more obviously, Splatoon's multiplayer).

CanisWolfred

While I'm annoyed with Toys to Life in general, but it's more in a "it really has no right to be popular and is teterring on a dangerous slope" kinda way. It has the potential to be terrible, but it isn't there yet. It isn't good either, but right now it's neutral. However, like a pre-war America, it's only a matter of time before someone wakes the sleeping bear...

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

DiscoDriver43

VeeFlamesNL wrote:

People are excited for a remake(Final Fantasy 7), but people loathe a reimagination(Star Fox Zero). I might still play Final Fantasy 7 when I have the chance, but I don't really get the hype, though. Like, am I supposed to after 16 or so sequels? Let's not even move towards its countless(but excellent) spinoffs.

I am interested in Final Fantasty 7 the remake. I would play the original..butttt

Untitled

and i normally don't mind ps1 n64 graphics mind you.

speaking of which. I think sometimes people exaggerate about how bad PS1 and N64 graphics look. that is my unpopular opinion.

OH and FNAF is getting old.

Edited on by DiscoDriver43

http://www.backloggery.com/discodriver43

Recently watched films: The Martian

Currently playing: Max Payne

Whydoievenbother

DiscoDriver43 wrote:

OH and FNAF is getting old.

not an unpopular opinion.

If you don't like amiibo, just don't buy them.

"I'll take a potato chip... AND EAT IT!"
Light Yagami, Death Note
"Ah, the Breakfast Club soundtrack! I can't wait 'til I'm old enough to feel ways about stuff!"
Phillip J. Fry, Futurama

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic