Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 2,321 to 2,340 of 12,088

Whydoievenbother

Stop deeming Gone Home, The Stanley Parable, Mountain, and Loneliness not "real games". They are just games that try new things (In other words, they're innovative).

"I'll take a potato chip... AND EAT IT!"
Light Yagami, Death Note
"Ah, the Breakfast Club soundtrack! I can't wait 'til I'm old enough to feel ways about stuff!"
Phillip J. Fry, Futurama

CanisWolfred

MrMario02 wrote:

When PSN got hacked:
1. It wasn't Anonymous
2. It's not sony's fault that they got hacked. No matter how good your security is, banks get robbed. It happens. But when it happens, do you blame the bank or the robber?

CanisWolfred wrote:

Also do you lose if that person's opinion is based on misconstrued facts? Or if their "opinion" is in fact not an opinion, but is actually a statement that goes against the known facts, and therefore is indeed wrong?

Need answer to this question ASAP

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

LyIa

@CanisWolfred I'm pretty sure that in either of those cases, their "opinion" doesn't count as an opinion at all. You don't lose. Not yet, at least.

all men are kings 👑

Whydoievenbother

Indie games don't suck. Don't believe this is an unpopular opinion? Look at the first things that come up on google autocorrect when I type "indie games are":
indie games are bad
Indie games are pretentious
indie games are all the same
indie games are boring

Light Yagami, Death Note
"Ah, the Breakfast Club soundtrack! I can't wait 'til I'm old enough to feel ways about stuff!"
Phillip J. Fry, Futurama

CaviarMeths

MrMario02 wrote:

When PSN got hacked:
1. It wasn't Anonymous
2. It's not sony's fault that they got hacked. No matter how good your security is, banks get robbed. It happens. But when it happens, do you blame the bank or the robber?

"Stuff happens" is not a valid excuse for major security flaws. If a bank turns off its security cameras and leaves the vault door open, yes, I would blame the bank for a robbery.

And it's pretty impossible to say it was or wasn't Anon. It's not an organized or centralized group. It's like saying that a back alley mugging was or wasn't Mexico.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

DefHalan

I guess this opinion belongs here, "I was impressed with the Nintendo E3 2015 Direct."

Edited on by DefHalan

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

CaviarMeths

DefHalan wrote:

I guess this opinion belongs here, "I was impressed with the Nintendo E3 2015 Direct."

It certainly does! I'm glad you're happy though.

Me, I'm over my initial kneejerk reaction. I still think it was poorly arranged and bloated, but not doomocalypse bad. Treehouse has been doing a much better job of going over what's important.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

DefHalan

CaviarMeths wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

It certainly does! I'm glad you're happy though.

Me, I'm over my initial kneejerk reaction. I still think it was poorly arranged and bloated, but not doomocalypse bad. Treehouse has been doing a much better job of going over what's important.

Star Fox and the puppets were just magic lol

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

kkslider5552000

Star Fox will be one of the best games of the year, barring any problems that haven't been shown yet.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Hendesu

I hate that Rosalina is in every game. It's getting really annoying that she's in everything Mario related.

Some random dude on Nintendo Life.
Toriel left for a while, so Freaky Fred took over her place!
Not changing this part of the signature until Nintendo announces Super Mario Sunshine 2.
[Started 10/31/15]

Nintendo Network ID: DarkSperow

Faruko

No Man's Sky will last less than 10 hours in peoples mind and nobody would care again, I get the game takes massive in scope to another level but I feel it is the kind of game that gets boring after 20 hours or so when the magic of exploration is over and the gameplay looks pretty boring also

Edited on by Faruko

WiiU: FarukoSH
3DS FC: 4640-0256-4473
Steam: Farukool
PSN: Farukosh

Whydoievenbother

CaviarMeths wrote:

MrMario02 wrote:

When PSN got hacked:
1. It wasn't Anonymous

"Stuff happens" is not a valid excuse for major security flaws. If a bank turns off its security cameras and leaves the vault door open, yes, I would blame the bank for a robbery.

And it's pretty impossible to say it was or wasn't Anon. It's not an organized or centralized group. It's like saying that a back alley mugging was or wasn't Mexico.

But in this case, the bank didn't leave tho vault open and turn off the security cameras.

Light Yagami, Death Note
Phillip J. Fry, Futurama

GuSolarFlare

Steam sales are the most accursed evil creation of this world when you have a somewhat decent computer.....
too many good games not nearly enough time to play them...

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

Socar

I don't see how E3 for Nintendo matters anymore. When you think about it, E3 was like gone a couple of years ago and was somehow brought back. Honestly, I'm positive that in 1-2 months time, people will expect a Nintendo direct which should reveal more Wii U games and so. I don't see any negativity towards Federation Force with the only thing that I wish was that it also has single player content and not something like Sub Wars.

Sure the Digital Event wasn't like last year but that's only because Sony and Microsoft weren't focusing a lot on the game department. Also didn't Microsoft do stupid stuff like with their first reveal of Xbox One?

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

CanisWolfred

MrMario02 wrote:

CaviarMeths wrote:

MrMario02 wrote:

When PSN got hacked:
1. It wasn't Anonymous

But in this case, the bank didn't leave tho vault open and turn off the security cameras.

No, the security firm they hired did. So what you're saying is: It's not the banks fault for hiring an incopetant security guard and allowing his incompetance to lead to such a horrible, disasterous point.

Faruko wrote:

No Man's Sky will last less than 10 hours in peoples mind and nobody would care again, I get the game takes massive in scope to another level but I feel it is the kind of game that gets boring after 20 hours or so when the magic of exploration is over and the gameplay looks pretty boring also

I think its popularity will die off, since its a niche game. But it'll find that niche and be popular among that niche, making it a cult classic. I personally think it looks like the greatest game ever created, but then again, the only thing keeping me from playing the old Elite games from now until the end of time are the dated graphics and difficult controls. And I wouldn't be surprised if that niche grows to be rather large thanks to its high exposure - It's not that different from Minecraft in terms of main appeal, and that's one of the most popular games around.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Whydoievenbother

CanisWolfred wrote:

MrMario02 wrote:

CaviarMeths wrote:

MrMario02 wrote:

When PSN got hacked:
1. It wasn't Anonymous

No, the security firm they hired did. So what you're saying is: It's not the banks fault for hiring an incompetent security guard and allowing his incompetence to lead to such a horrible, disasterous point.

It could also be that the hacker was just really good at what he/she did.

I don't get all the
Untitled
over First and Third-Person shooters.

Edited on by Whydoievenbother

Light Yagami, Death Note
Phillip J. Fry, Futurama

LyIa

Sony should have better security than what a basement hacker should be able to crack.

Unless they're like, a super secret goverment-trained best-in-the-world type hacker like in the movies or something.

Edited on by LyIa

all men are kings 👑

LyIa

^ Not an unpopular opinion.
I do agree, though. I wonder what was stopping them from giving the 3DS more power. (and fix that damn shoulder button problem. jeez)

all men are kings 👑

CanisWolfred

MrMario02 wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

MrMario02 wrote:

CaviarMeths wrote:

MrMario02 wrote:

When PSN got hacked:
1. It wasn't Anonymous

No, the security firm they hired did. So what you're saying is: It's not the banks fault for hiring an incompetent security guard and allowing his incompetence to lead to such a horrible, disasterous point.

It could also be that the hacker was just really good at what he/she did.

These events have been well documented. They left data unencrypted, had multiple exploits throughout their system that had to be fixed...it was a mess. And while there's blame to go all around, most of it rested on Sony. This isn't the first time something like that happened to a big company. There was a huge breach in 2007 for a company called TJX. That was around the point Sony put out the PS3. There was a lot they could've learned from that they didn't, both internal and external, and in 2014 Sony Pictures Entertainment was hacked in a similar manner: http://fortune.com/2014/12/24/why-sony-didnt-learn-from-its-2...

The biggest mistake you could ever make is to not learn from the ones you've already made.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Jaz007

I played Assassin's Creed 1, and now I'm playing Brotherhood, and I've come to a realization. They messed up the combat in Brotherhood, and the first one had better combat. It was more nuanced, skill-based, and rhythmic. Not being able to counter all attacks is a mistake. AC1 solved that issue by just not making all counters a kill. Combo kills being replaced by execution streaks is a joke. The streaks aren't that skill based, and it's overpowered. You mash square while pointing to the next enemy, and try to counter if you need to. It doesn't work well a lot of the time, and when it does, it's not satisfying, it's just feels too easy. Heck, I do it sometimes by accident. I think it was put in so the game would be more offensive. People just weren't good enough at the game. Combo kills made the combat offensive if you were good at them, you could do the same basic thing as a streak, but it felt satisfying, and like you earned it. Next problem, medicine. Regenerative health was better. I'm not sure what idiot decided to make it impossible to die by letting you carry 15 medicines at once. It's take the challenge out of the combat. In AC1 there were challenging fights, that you really had to fight hard to survive. And beyond that, the subtlies, which I can't describe, the nuances, felt more present, or at least easier to pick up on. If I sound mad, it's because they made just about everything, but combat better, which makes me mad at the lost potential and ridiculous mistake in the game.

Edited on by Jaz007

Jaz007

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic