Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 2,301 to 2,320 of 12,088

LyIa

Remakes aren't fun when you know the original games by heart. I guess I'm going to have to assume that the Delta Episode is worth it..

all men are kings 👑

iKhan

Uncharted is fun and all, but I don't see what makes it so amazing. The gunplay is solid, story is enjoyable, and the platforming is well done, but aside from the graphics, nothing about it is particularly wow worthy.

And I don't get how on earth it's an "adventure" game. The only exploration is the meaningless collection of trinkets, and the game straight up tells you the solution to puzzles. It's more of a TPS-platformer with a story.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

CaviarMeths

iKhan wrote:

Uncharted is fun and all, but I don't see what makes it so amazing. The gunplay is solid, story is enjoyable, and the platforming is well done, but aside from the graphics, nothing about it is particularly wow worthy.

And I don't get how on earth it's an "adventure" game. The only exploration is the meaningless collection of trinkets, and the game straight up tells you the solution to puzzles. It's more of a TPS-platformer with a story.

Did you play the second one? I agree that the first one is pretty mediocre. The shooting sections are repetitive and unending. The platforming is honestly bush league, if you're used to Nintendo stuff. The puzzles are kind of just there to inconvenience you for a few seconds at a time. The story is fun though, and Nathan Drake is a really cool character.

Second game is a major improvement on everything though.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

SuperWiiU

ekreig wrote:

My favorite post-Genesis era Sonic game isn't Colors or Generations or the Adventure series, it's this:
Untitled
Am I completely alone here?

I did love that game, but I haven't played Colors yet(and several others). I wish I still had the game.

iKhan

ekreig wrote:

My favorite post-Genesis era Sonic game isn't Colors or Generations or the Adventure series, it's this:
Untitled
Am I completely alone here?

Oh dear, someone's opened up the Sonic can of worms again.

Can we just ban Sonic discussion on this thread? It completely overwhelms other conversation, happens weeks at a time, and keeps coming back every month or so.

Let's just make a separate "Unpopular Sonic Opinions" thread where people can fight as long as they like.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

iKhan

CaviarMeths wrote:

iKhan wrote:

Did you play the second one? I agree that the first one is pretty mediocre. The shooting sections are repetitive and unending. The platforming is honestly bush league, if you're used to Nintendo stuff. The puzzles are kind of just there to inconvenience you for a few seconds at a time. The story is fun though, and Nathan Drake is a really cool character.

What makes the 2nd one better?

SuperWiiU

iKhan wrote:

CaviarMeths wrote:

iKhan wrote:

What makes the 2nd one better?

It literally improves in all factors of the game. Personally though, I still don't care for the second game despite those improvements. Was left with the same feeling of the first one in the end.

Edited on by SuperWiiU

kkslider5552000

Here's a fun one: Megaman Legacy Collection is not a bad release, just Capcom unable to understand how to PR.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

GreatGoateeGuy

Here's an opinion people will hate: Great Bay Temple is my favorite Zelda dungeon ever.

Kay-O.

ThePirateCaptain

Spectra_Twilight wrote:

I didn't feel as if the Water Temple in Ocarina of Time was more difficult than any of the other dungeons in the game. I honestly don't see why people get so upset about it.

I think a lot of the hate comes from the Water Temple being tedious more than just being difficult.

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

Retro_on_theGo

I don't get the hate for Micro Transactions. As long as they don't hold back massive content or hold you back on your progress, I don't understand why people are so against then in bigger triple A games. These games have ridiculously huge budgets now and so need all the help they can get to make back a profit. If it's like in Dead Space 3 where you could get some extra bullets, but you don't have to and can totally do the sparse ammo thing Survival Horror usually does otherwise then what's the problem? Just ignore it and let some other sucker use it.

ricklongo

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

I don't get the hate for Micro Transactions. As long as they don't hold back massive content or hold you back on your progress, I don't understand why people are so against then in bigger triple A games. These games have ridiculously huge budgets now and so need all the help they can get to make back a profit. If it's like in Dead Space 3 where you could get some extra bullets, but you don't have to and can totally do the sparse ammo thing Survival Horror usually does otherwise then what's the problem? Just ignore it and let some other sucker use it.

Aside from ethical issues, a huge problem I have is that they're one of the most immersion-breaking features you can put in a game. Like the latest Assassin's Creed games - they went into all that trouble to make a huge, open city of Paris, and yet you'll come across stuff like closed chests that prompt you to do microtransactions. That sort of thing tends to immediately take me out of the game's fantasy, which can completely ruin an experience.

Visit my gaming blog: http://www.gamingsweetgaming.blogspot.com

Listen to my music: https://themoonexpresso.bandcamp.com/

Switch Friend Code: SW-3317-3992-7696 | 3DS Friend Code: 1418-8121-5054 | My Nintendo: ricklongo | Nintendo Network ID: ricardolongo | Twitter:

iKhan

ekreig wrote:

iKhan wrote:

Can we just ban Sonic discussion on this thread? It completely overwhelms other conversation, happens weeks at a time, and keeps coming back every month or so.

Let's just make a separate "Unpopular Sonic Opinions" thread where people can fight as long as they like.

Heh, Sonic has always been one of the most polarizing series out there, so it's inevitably going to make a lot of appearances in here. If we're going to make a separate thread for Sonic, we'll need one for Final Fantasy and one for Zelda too...

Anyway, I don't quite understand "overwhelming other conversation". If people want to talk about something, they're going to talk about it. You can just ignore them and write about something else if you want.

I've been part of the Zelda discussion community for several years now, but it never gets as bad as I see the Sonic debates get. If you look through this thread, you are gonna see a long conversation about Sonic every few pages.

When I say "overwhelming the conversation", what I mean is that, given the structure of the NL forums, if you want to talk about something, you often have to use an existing thread. When Sonic wars are happening, good luck getting people to pay attention.

Rumorlife

The eternal conversation about which dungeon in OoT is most difficult is in the top 3 of the most boring conversations anyone can have about gaming.

Rumorlife

CanisWolfred

iKhan wrote:

ekreig wrote:

iKhan wrote:

Heh, Sonic has always been one of the most polarizing series out there, so it's inevitably going to make a lot of appearances in here. If we're going to make a separate thread for Sonic, we'll need one for Final Fantasy and one for Zelda too...

Anyway, I don't quite understand "overwhelming other conversation". If people want to talk about something, they're going to talk about it. You can just ignore them and write about something else if you want.

I've been part of the Zelda discussion community for several years now, but it never gets as bad as I see the Sonic debates get. If you look through this thread, you are gonna see a long conversation about Sonic every few pages.

When I say "overwhelming the conversation", what I mean is that, given the structure of the NL forums, if you want to talk about something, you often have to use an existing thread. When Sonic wars are happening, good luck getting people to pay attention.

Considering on a forum, anything you write is there permanently, there's little that gets ignored because it wasn't "part of the conversation. More of then than not, you just gotta find something more interesting to talk about. Granted, steering conversations is never easy, but if people want to talk about something, they're gonna talk about it.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

shaneoh

Dankykong wrote:

The eternal conversation about which dungeon in OoT is most difficult is in the top 3 of the most boring conversations anyone can have about gaming.

And the other two are?

The Greatest love story ever, Rosie Love (part 33 done)
The collective noun for a group of lunatics is a forum. A forum of lunatics.
I'm belligerent, you were warned.

kkslider5552000

ricklongo wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Aside from ethical issues, a huge problem I have is that they're one of the most immersion-breaking features you can put in a game. Like the latest Assassin's Creed games - they went into all that trouble to make a huge, open city of Paris, and yet you'll come across stuff like closed chests that prompt you to do microtransactions. That sort of thing tends to immediately take me out of the game's fantasy, which can completely ruin an experience.

I think beyond that, it's just proof that AAA companies are **** at budgeting. Also Ubisoft are morons that decided they need to release TWO ASSASSIN'S CREEDS AND A FAR CRY in the span of a month. Actually, if you include the Vita game, they did the same thing 2 years earlier! Yeah, when making 3 open world games and releasing them this frequently (I won't say quickly as that implies they were (even more) rushed, since Ubisoft has like 5 new open world games in the planning stages that we won't see for a while I'm sure)., maybe they need to put in microtransactions. But maybe that's a profoundly stupid idea!

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

iKhan

I don't think this is an unpopular opinion, but it's certainly one that isn't talked about enough.

EA destroyed sports games when they signed an exclusivity agreement with the NFLPA. They set a standard that completely shut out competition, effectively removing creativity. Backyard Sports, Hitz/Blitz/Jam/Slugfest, as well as other realistic sims just went away.

One of the things that truly made the 6th gen of gaming great for me was that sports games could be fully realized in 3D, and these exclusivity agreements didn't exist. As a result, you had a ridiculous amount of variety in the genre, but it kept the heart and soul of giving the player the ability to play as their favorite players. Ever hear of Home Run King? What about NBA Courtside (A Nintendo IP)?

Now the series that created my two favorite sports games: MVP Baseball 2005 and NHL Hitz 2002, no longer exist.

LyIa

Spectra_Twilight wrote:

I personally really enjoy when First Person Shooters have platforming sections.

You're gonna love Mirror's Edge.

all men are kings 👑

Whydoievenbother

When PSN got hacked:
1. It wasn't Anonymous
2. It's not sony's fault that they got hacked. No matter how good your security is, banks get robbed. It happens. But when it happens, do you blame the bank or the robber?

"I'll take a potato chip... AND EAT IT!"
Light Yagami, Death Note
"Ah, the Breakfast Club soundtrack! I can't wait 'til I'm old enough to feel ways about stuff!"
Phillip J. Fry, Futurama

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic