Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 2,221 to 2,240 of 12,088

kkslider5552000

CanisWolfred wrote:

Nintendo games don't go down in price to get more gamers to buy games they think will be good day one to make their sales (and profits) look really big.

Not to say it works, though. The lack of price drops means that people who are on the fence and not convinced have a much harder time getting invested, and heightens the barrier to entry for people who are not yet invested in their games and platforms. It really only hurts themselves. However, I don't know if Nintendo actually is the one doing this, or if the retailers themselves are the ones keeping the prices up. Because once a game's in a store, they can sell it for however much they want...

the problem with this theory is that Nintendo games tend to have better long-term vs. short-term sales compared to most, so clearly the lack of a price drop isn't as big a deal as people say. If anything what it suggests is that it's reversed. That the price doesn't drop because people will still buy it at full price. And considering people will still pay for the old Mario games for a second generation in a row for the same price they were at in 2007, I can believe that.

I think my only significant problem with Nintendo's pricing is that their digital sales could be better. They seem to be terrified to go beyond 33% off. And even that is getting a bit better, considering how you can now buy Wonderful 101 for I think 20 bucks on the eShop (which is a great deal btw, buy Wonderful 101!)

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

iKhan

SuperMalleo wrote:

The Atari 2600 library is better than the PS4's library

I agree with that. The 2600 had some great games, and most of them were not only generational exclusive, they were completely exclusive.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

iKhan

People get too attached to fictional video game characters. Why do people get so emotionally attached to Pokemon, NPCs, RPG characters, etc.? They aren't real.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

DefHalan

iKhan wrote:

People get too attached to fictional video game characters. Why do people get so emotionally attached to Pokemon, NPCs, RPG characters, etc.? They aren't real.

POKEMON ARE REAL!!!!!!!

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

LaserdiscGal

@DefHalan anyone who says otherwise is a liar

LaserdiscGal

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5519-2711 | My Nintendo: pokefraker | Nintendo Network ID: pokefraker

Jaz007

iKhan wrote:

How it is it different than fictional characters in movies, books, and TV shows?

Jaz007

iKhan

ekreig wrote:

iKhan wrote:

Well, one of the, if not THE main goal of any story writer is to make sure people care about the characters and their conflict. If someone is attached to the characters, then the writer is simply doing a good job. If you don't care about the characters, you have no real reason to care about the story at all.

I will say that some people take it a bit far, though...those who claim to have "waifus" and a large percentage of the brony population come to mind.

I think caring about a character is different from getting emotionally attached to them. I'm a huge fan of Karol Capel in Tales of Vesperia, but at the same time, I'm not one to start saying "oh this character would do this in this situation", and I'm not one to cry when he has an emotional moment.

The biggest issues comes from shippers and fanficcers. I feel like once you do that, you are starting to lose the understanding that there is a boundary between fiction and reality.

Jaz007 wrote:

iKhan wrote:

How it is it different than fictional characters in movies, books, and TV shows?

It isn't too different but this is the "gaming opinions" thread. In regards to movies, books, and TV shows, they tend to be a lot more story driven, so it tends to make a bit more sense, but not much more (cough Olicity cough). You don't see cases like Pokegirls or Sonic fan characters in TV because everything is a lot more about story.

CanisWolfred

iKhan wrote:

You don't see cases like Pokegirls or Sonic fan characters in TV because everything is a lot more about story.

...oh how I could prove you wrong if we weren't on a family-friendly site...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

iKhan

CanisWolfred wrote:

iKhan wrote:

You don't see cases like Pokegirls or Sonic fan characters in TV because everything is a lot more about story.

...oh how I could prove you wrong if we weren't on a family-friendly site...

To clarify, when I mean "stuff like Pokegirls and Sonic fan characters", I mean emotional attachment to characters who have virtually no significant characterization in canon material

LyIa

SuperMalleo wrote:

The PS4 hasn't even reached half of its lifespan. You're entitled to an opinion, of course, but it is kind of unfair.

all men are kings 👑

CaviarMeths

iKhan wrote:

To clarify, when I mean "stuff like Pokegirls and Sonic fan characters", I mean emotional attachment to characters who have virtually no significant characterization in canon material

Clearly you have never visited a fan art or fic site.

Edited on by CaviarMeths

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

CanisWolfred

Cyb3Rnite wrote:

SuperMalleo wrote:

The PS4 hasn't even reached half of its lifespan. You're entitled to an opinion, of course, but it is kind of unfair.

Half it's lifespan? The PS4's only been on the market for a year and a half. Forget unfair. That's utter bullcrap if I ever heard it.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Jacob717

I think the black Wii U looks better than the white one.

Jacob717

Jaz007

Jason723 wrote:

I think the black Wii U looks better than the white one.

That's unpopular?

Edited on by Jaz007

Jaz007

DefHalan

CanisWolfred wrote:

Cyb3Rnite wrote:

SuperMalleo wrote:

Half it's lifespan? The PS4's only been on the market for a year and a half. Forget unfair. That's utter bullcrap if I ever heard it.

I don't agree. i think what he said is a completely fair judgement. It isn't like he is saying the PS4 couldn't eventually get a better library. Maybe if he just added the words "so far" you wouldn't be as upset. Saying the Atari 2600 has a better library than any system is just an opinion, and it can change over time.

Edited on by DefHalan

CanisWolfred

DefHalan wrote:

Maybe if he just added the words "so far" you wouldn't be as upset.

Exactly, that would change the meaning entirely. That said, I'm fairly certain he's just trying to get a rise out of people and doesn't actually have that opinion to begin with.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Retro_on_theGo

Hoenn is the worst Pokemon region. Now this is an opinion I know that is very unpopular. When people have nostalgia for where they started with Pokemon it's always gen 1 (Kanto) or gen 3 (Hoenn) (So I bet in 10 years or something we'll have people super nostalgic about Gen 7 as their starting point.)

There's a lot of love for the region, but I don't get it. There is way too much surfing and that wouldn't be too bad if you didn't run into the same two Pokemon the entire time! And the remake didn't even bother to address that! And somehow people thought it was ok because of Nostalgia? The soundtrack was lackluster. (People are going to kill me for that) Don't get me wrong, the wild battle theme is easily the best one in all of Pokemon, but every other battle theme sounds the same to me. The battle themes are the more important tracks to me since they're the ones I'll hear the most and every one sending the same was very dull. I don't know if it was the sound font or what but they were just bland. I don't mean to say Hoenn is terrible, but by which games I enjoyed the most, Hoenn was the weakest.

Jaz007

CanisWolfred wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

Exactly, that would change the meaning entirely. That said, I'm fairly certain he's just trying to get a rise out of people and doesn't actually have that opinion to begin with.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure he was just trying to rag on the PS4.

Jaz007

DefHalan

Jaz007 wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

Yeah, I'm pretty sure he was just trying to rag on the PS4.

Maybe he was, I didn't feel like he was. It was just his opinion, similar to if I said The Wii U library is better than the PS4 library.

Socar

I honestly don't see how youtubers claim that if it wasn't for them, Nintendo would not be alive in this modern era. I challenge the youtubers to not show any game footage of an upcoming game by Nintendo and when it comes out, don't even bother doing a let's play on that game. It should sell incredibly well without the youtubers word of mouth.

The fact that youtubers act like bigshots claiming that they are a part of the marketing team yet just either rant or complain about the product rather than encouraging the viewers to buy it, just shows that they aren't helping Nintendo in any way. Heck why do youtubers complain about it if they can easily just avoid Nintendo related content and stick to several other IP's outside of Nintendo to get their "Hard earned money" on?

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic