Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 2,201 to 2,220 of 12,088

Socar

SuperWiiU wrote:

Artwark wrote:

I don't get why gamers are complaining about Capcom's on disc DLC. If it isn't forced down on your throat or if its something that's not needed to beat the game, then I don't see it being bad. If anything, having on disc will be faster to download.

It's on the disc, it should be content that's part of the game you paid for. Especially in the case of SFxT where some of my favorite characters are in that DLC. You didn't even get it with the special edition.

Same thing can be said about Awakening. Its on the cart/digital and yet the content is optional even if there are certain skills and characters that are exclusive to it.

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

Socar

ekreig wrote:

If a game is good in the first place, it doesn't need to be remade. Developers as a whole have been focusing too much on remakes, and I find it rather ridiculous. Why does everything have to be in HD? When Ultra HD becomes the new standard, are we just going to remake everything all over again? Developers need to accept that they did the best they could with the tech they had at the time and leave it the heck alone.

I'd love to see the focus switch from remaking everything to making the older libraries of games available digitally, standard definition and all. Nintendo started the push with VC, now let's see Sony make PS2 Classics available on PSN and Microsoft do the same with Xbox 2001 titles on XBLA.

I think part of the reason why remakes are there is that the developers want to fix their mistakes in the past and make it accessible for newcomers who tried playing the old games but just couldn't. After all, devs need to make money now and not something that they make in the past and remakes is one of the quickest ways to make more money out of it. Prime Trilogy exists for those who want the complete series in one and at the same time, made it more accessible.

Jaz007

ekreig wrote:

If a game is good in the first place, it doesn't need to be remade. Developers as a whole have been focusing too much on remakes, and I find it rather ridiculous. Why does everything have to be in HD? When Ultra HD becomes the new standard, are we just going to remake everything all over again? Developers need to accept that they did the best they could with the tech they had at the time and leave it the heck alone.

I'd love to see the focus switch from remaking everything to making the older libraries of games available digitally, standard definition and all. Nintendo started the push with VC, now let's see Sony make PS2 Classics available on PSN and Microsoft do the same with Xbox 2001 titles on XBLA.

Becuaes sometimess it can be hard to go back to a game when the graphics have aged, especially when you remember them being pretty good and have upgraded them in your head. It nice to play some of your old favorites with upgraded graphics.

Edited on by Jaz007

Jaz007

HollywoodHogan

ekreig wrote:

Jaz007 wrote:

ekreig wrote:

stuff

Becuaes sometimess it can be hard to go back to a game when the graphics have aged, especially when you remember them being and have upgraded them in your head. It nice to play some of your old favorites with upgraded graphics.

Fair enough, but I revisit old games all the time and I personally never have that problem. The way I see it, the graphics were good enough for me the first time. Why can't they be now?

However, I totally understand the "upgrading it in your head" thing and I'm guilty of doing that myself, mostly to PS1 games. I was watching videos of the original Spyro trilogy the other day, and the character models were way less detailed than I remember!

As much as I love the N64, I can barely stand to play any of the games on it anymore. They are just so muddy and blurry looking. I can play them on my PC in HD and it's great, but on original hardware (or VC) I can't be bothered.

Friend to all SJW's

EngieBengie

People are way too hostile towards Call of Duty and act as if it's the worst thing ever when it's not.

EngieBengie

Socar

People need to stop complaining about the fact that Nintendo games are expensive and not worth purchasing. The amount of content that Nintendo games have are significantly different than that of Sony and Microsoft. Heck even the Vita has games that are on the same price as the 3DS for crying out loud!

Grumblevolcano

Artwark wrote:

People need to stop complaining about the fact that Nintendo games are expensive and not worth purchasing. The amount of content that Nintendo games have are significantly different than that of Sony and Microsoft. Heck even the Vita has games that are on the same price as the 3DS for crying out loud!

While of course I wouldn't say Nintendo games aren't worth purchasing, they are definitely too expensive. Especially Splatoon in the US. $60 for a small single player campaign, 5 multiplayer maps and 2 modes is a ripoff!

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Socar

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Artwark wrote:

While of course I wouldn't say Nintendo games aren't worth purchasing, they are definitely too expensive. Especially Splatoon in the US. $60 for a small single player campaign, 5 multiplayer maps and 2 modes is a ripoff!

Splatoon isn't out yet and you're complaining about this?

I'll agree that Nintendo can try to make their games cheap, but at the same time, it still won't do much in the long run because when next gen comes, the supply will be low for the old system so the prices would go up anyway. Also since Nintendo needs to make profit by giving us quality games, they can't cut down the price because then they would have to compensate the quality of the game.

Jaz007

@Artwark It's more that they never go down in price, so if I didn't want it day-one, it's not worth purchasing.

Jaz007

Socar

Jaz007 wrote:

@Artwark It's more that they never go down in price, so if I didn't want it day-one, it's not worth purchasing.

......makes me wonder how Nintendo makes profit out of this......

What is it that Sony and Microsoft do that Nintendo doesn't inorder to sell their games.

Jaz007

Artwark wrote:

Jaz007 wrote:

What is it that Sony and Microsoft do that Nintendo doesn't inorder to sell their games.

I'm not sure I understand this, but they go down in price like everything else.

Edited on by Jaz007

Jaz007

Socar

Jaz007 wrote:

Artwark wrote:

Jaz007 wrote:

I'm not sure I understand this, by they go down in price like everything else.

Well then if Nintendo drops the prices for their games, then why does everyone complain about them being expensive in the first place?

Jaz007

Artwark wrote:

Jaz007 wrote:

Artwark wrote:

Jaz007 wrote:

Well then if Nintendo drops the prices for their games, then why does everyone complain about them being expensive in the first place?

What? No, the point is Nintendo doesn't drop the price for their games.

Jaz007

Socar

Jaz007 wrote:

Artwark wrote:

Jaz007 wrote:

Artwark wrote:

Jaz007 wrote:

They permanently did price drops for the 3DS line up such as 3D Land and such. Honestly, in today's standards, the cost of living is really tough so of course game prices have to be up because of this fact. Sony has their expensive Vita with its cards which cost more than the games themselves.

Jaz007

Artwark wrote:

Jaz007 wrote:

Artwark wrote:

Jaz007 wrote:

Artwark wrote:

Jaz007 wrote:

They permanently did price drops for the 3DS line up such as 3D Land and such. Honestly, in today's standards, the cost of living is really tough so of course game prices have to be up because of this fact. Sony has their expensive Vita with its cards which cost more than the games themselves.

What? Games proves don't need to be up, if anything that means people can spend less on games, so price drops are needed for people who can't afford $60. On rare occasion they might do a price drop, but 3D land is still about $30 which is still a lot for a game like that. Also, Pikimen 3 is still $60. $60. Only a Nintendo game is $60 after that much time. And yes, Vita memory cards are rediculous, and that was a stupid move by Sony.

Jaz007

CanisWolfred

Nintendo games don't go down in price to get more gamers to buy games they think will be good day one to make their sales (and profits) look really big.

Not to say it works, though. The lack of price drops means that people who are on the fence and not convinced have a much harder time getting invested, and heightens the barrier to entry for people who are not yet invested in their games and platforms. It really only hurts themselves. However, I don't know if Nintendo actually is the one doing this, or if the retailers themselves are the ones keeping the prices up. Because once a game's in a store, they can sell it for however much they want...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

unrandomsam

CanisWolfred wrote:

Nintendo games don't go down in price to get more gamers to buy games they think will be good day one to make their sales (and profits) look really big.

Not to say it works, though. The lack of price drops means that people who are on the fence and not convinced have a much harder time getting invested, and heightens the barrier to entry for people who are not yet invested in their games and platforms. It really only hurts themselves. However, I don't know if Nintendo actually is the one doing this, or if the retailers themselves are the ones keeping the prices up. Because once a game's in a store, they can sell it for however much they want...

I am not sure the stores can do that. If you look at what happened in the EU - http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/2375967.stm (As far as I know that practice is completely ok in Japan and the USA).

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”
Freedom of the press is for those who happen to own one.

spizzamarozzi

Yeah, I don't think the store has much of a say on prices.
Whenever GameStop lowers the price drastically on some games, I always check amazon and the games whose price has been cut are sure enough the same. There must be some kind of general agreement between publishers and distributors and between distributors and retailers on which games offer at a discount.
Nintendo is a bit like Apple (the label, not the computer producer). Ever seen a Beatles record sold at a discount? I usually haven't.

Honestly it doesn't bother me. That's the reason I feel confident buying a Nintendo product as soon as I can, while I wouldn't buy a PlayStation game at release even with a gun pointed at my head, since I know I'll probably find it in the bargain bin six months later for a third of its original price.

Top-10 games I played in 2017: The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild (WiiU) - Rogue Legacy (PS3) - Fallout 3 (PS3) - Red Dead Redemption (PS3) - Guns of Boom (MP) - Sky Force Reloaded (MP) - ...

3DS Friend Code: 0104-0649-7464 | Nintendo Network ID: spizzamarozzi

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic