Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 2,081 to 2,100 of 12,088

grumblebuzzz

@technotaylor98 That's why it's an unpopular opinion; I'm sure most people disagree, but it stands as my least favorite main series Mario game to date (and I'm old enough to have played them all when they came out).

When I close my eyes, I see pixilated blood.

DiscoDriver43

grumblebuzzz wrote:

@technotaylor98 That's why it's an unpopular opinion; I'm sure most people disagree, but it stands as my least favorite main series Mario game to date (and I'm old enough to have played them all when they came out).

eh i don't know, it looks much better than Super Mario 3d Land from what i seen

Edited on by DiscoDriver43

http://www.backloggery.com/discodriver43

Recently watched films: The Martian

Currently playing: Max Payne

LzWinky

Super Mario RPG is vastly overrated and a big borefest

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

DBPirate

Super Paper Mario is underrated and is much better than Sticker Star.

Currently playing: Bayonetta 2

My Nintendo: DillPickle | Nintendo Network ID: Czechmate1129

DreamyViridi

DBPirate wrote:

Super Paper Mario is underrated and is much better than Sticker Star.

That second part is anything but an unpopular opinion.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

LzWinky

Fire Emblem If's DLC policy is a brilliant scheme (though still somewhat ethical)

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

CanisWolfred

TingLz wrote:

Last time I played, I agreed, but that was 6 years ago. I'vew been dying to play it again. Hope it comes to VC...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

kkslider5552000

TingLz wrote:

Logically I should agree with you, yet I don't. Something about that game just works and it's beyond my comprehension. Maybe it's because Square were untouchable in the 90s.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Socar

What's everyone's problem with Mario? When Super Mario 64 showed up, people say that Banjo-Kazooie is better than 64 even though the latter is the same thing like 64 only prettier and that's it, not that I don't like the game but I just feel likes its only 64 with more polygons.

Basically whenever platform characters do the stuff that Mario does, everyone gets excited. Shovel Knight saves the day from doom....well so does Mario. Mega Man has upgrades that allow him to get stronger.....well so does Mario.

I feel that people just can't get the hype out of Mario because of how they feel towards the character itself. And as a Mario fan, I can tell you that there are a LOT of great Mario games out there!

Edited on by Socar

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

CanisWolfred

Artwark wrote:

What's everyone's problem with Mario?

Artwark, it's becoming very clear that the problem here isn't with Mario. It's that you exist in the Negative realm where everything is the opposite of what it is here on Earth.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

LzWinky

Everyone pretends that all Mario games are the same...when they're really not

CaviarMeths

TingLz wrote:

Only people that haven't actually played them.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Whydoievenbother

TingLz wrote:

ORLY? Let's compare some of the more recent Mario platformers
Super Mario 3D Land Vs. Super Mario 3D World
Both are 3D platformers that reuse older mechanics from past entries in the franchise, have similar aesthetics to Super Mario Bros. 3, and play like traditional platformers as apposed to collectathons (as most 3D mario games did prior).Also, most of the powerups and enemies that were in 3D Land returned in 3D World.

"I'll take a potato chip... AND EAT IT!"
Light Yagami, Death Note
"Ah, the Breakfast Club soundtrack! I can't wait 'til I'm old enough to feel ways about stuff!"
Phillip J. Fry, Futurama

CaviarMeths

MrMario02 wrote:

TingLz wrote:

Both are 3D platformers that reuse older mechanics from past entries in the franchise, have similar aesthetics to Super Mario Bros. 3, and play like traditional platformers as apposed to collectathons (as most 3D mario games did prior).Also, most of the powerups and enemies that were in 3D Land returned in 3D World.

You forgot the part where SM3DW has among the most creative, varied, and inventive level design of all time. Kind of important for a platformer. And I'm sorry you never got to play it with someone else.

What do you mean by its aesthetic being similar to SMB3? Could you post some examples?

Edited on by CaviarMeths

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

AceDefective

MrMario02 wrote:

TingLz wrote:

There is a difference between us some similarities and legitimately being the same. Super Mario 3d World had hub worlds, multiple playable characters, a completely different post game, and unique bigger levels. I mean, no offense but did you actually play the 2 games or did you judge them off screenshots alone?
Now, if you commpared then NSMB games I may have given you that one.

Edited on by AceDefective

Just some random loser who loves a variety of things.
Youtube Channel | Deviant ART | YoYo Games account |

3DS Friend Code: 2079-6493-1326 | Nintendo Network ID: ZeroZX_Dev | Twitter:

HollywoodHogan

For every one Mario game someone points to and says "look how original it is!" (i.e Mario Sunshine, Mario 64, SM3DW, Galaxy) there are at least 5 other Mario games which are basically rehashes like the MK series, Mario Party, NSMB, etc.

I can admit many Mario Games are similar, as are many GTA games, COD, Assassins Creed, ect. But most people here will argue to the death that Mario games are all unique and different but crap all over those other game series I mentioned.

Friend to all SJW's

RegalSin

Okay this is ridiculous. I will admit the NDS-3DS has plenty of promising Mario titles ( that is not opinion but fact ) but the Wii-WiiU is pure garbage. As in they have Bowser Koopa inside of an Cat costume, with mario chasing him around in an cat costume. You have the Koopa kids pugly ship icons on screen as well. Plus they make crappy sounds.

Then lets talk about the 3d? Can you zoom in and out of the 3d perspective?

Mario is garbage and has been garbage since the N64 game. The idea of somebody finding an portal to another world inside an drain pipe is possible for the times of TNMNT. To make things even more impossible is that Mario had an built up ficitonal world as well as Link, inside the Valiant comics universe. However Nintendo ignored that completely as an different creation.

I feel so sick writing about this stuff it makes my head trembles. Speaking of r-tarded mario fans, and Nintendophiles and slaves ( which I was among the ranks of ). I go to college and this disabled student ( who is barely making it in college ) is going on about Mario and the different kinds of Mario transformations. I feel like I wanted to throw up seeing an more then enough grown man ( 17 ) who is going on and on about Mario.

In my own opinion the respect that Mario had from when he was inside of the SMB2 Phase is long dead. Koopa is no longer an viable oppent. In fact Nintendo "misses the mark" with Mario since "Super Mario RPG".

The youngsters and whipper-snappers of the world do not know anything about Mario at all. They ( as with SEGA ) are the real consumers. If they was to demand Mario to return to the awesomeness he once was I am sure people would purchase the games.

I mean dreaded omgsh, I am starting to feel dizzy from typing M-A-R-I-O every single second in this post.

kkslider5552000 wrote:

TingLz wrote:

Logically I should agree with you, yet I don't. Something about that game just works and it's beyond my comprehension. Maybe it's because Square were untouchable in the 90s.

That was because in the minds of the original consumers, they wanted to play FF7. FF7 at that point in time was all the rage, and Nintendo needed to hold foot to their fans. The fans responded through letters, and Nintendo obvious saw the increase in RPG merchandise, along with square.

What makes it works? Because No.1 the graphics was creative and representive ( as with all or most RPG games ) and people actually enjoyed the world of Mario ( Mushroom Kingdom inside my imagination ). So people kind figured out how to meld their image of Valiant Mario with Mario the Nintendo Comic and etc Mario. To make things even more fun as with Music Videos and AMV many official commercials and Unofficial comics of Mario also increased it.

But the real reason why this game was fun is the same reason why Muppets are still trendy to some reason ( I mean omgsh Mhuppets ewwwwhhhh ), People had this ficitonal world of Mario that was focused and built ( unlike muppets ) and unlike that thing, I just mentioned was believable and cool.

Take Marios, fireball in SMRPG. He raises his hands and the Icon of the Raccon Leaf from SMB3 appears ( but is suppose to be an fire flower ) and he blast the living daylights out of something. Take Koopa and his giant Mecha Koopa launches from the sky? Where does it come from? Is it summoned? does it drop from the Airship???? Wouldn't it be auwsome if Koopa had an Doomship attack as with FF6 Setzer. Things like that. The game was also very fun and felt like an cartoon/animation of Mario that would play about.

Omgsh my head hurts from typing this garbage. But this is gold to us people who have been drilled with the idea of Mario.

Checkout GaMEr TrEcK dot com

CaviarMeths

RegalSin wrote:

Omgsh my head hurts from typing this garbage.

Seems fair. Everyone else's head is going to hurt from reading this garbage.

OptometristLime

Seek help please, I'm not even ribbing you.

You are what you eat from your head to your feet.

CanisWolfred

HollywoodHogan wrote:

For every one Mario game someone points to and says "look how original it is!" (i.e Mario Sunshine, Mario 64, SM3DW, Galaxy) there are at least 5 other Mario games which are basically rehashes like the MK series, Mario Party, NSMB, etc.

I can admit many Mario Games are similar, as are many GTA games, COD, Assassins Creed, ect. But most people here will argue to the death that Mario games are all unique and different but crap all over those other game series I mentioned.

Because "same-yness" is relative. Basically this, but apply it to sequels.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic