Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 1,941 to 1,960 of 12,088

CaviarMeths

Artwark wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

Artwark wrote:

Ok, I gotta ask.....just why does everything that Nintendo does things bad is considered safe whereas every one else that does like Nintendo is the complete opposite? I'm just.....wondering how?

Got any examples because I don't see that.

ReviewTechUSA simply rants about Nintendo removing video content and adding this program that makes it even worse for the youtubers. Then there are various issues like Nintendo is still sticking to region locking. Nintendo is all kiddies and yet adults like me love games like Mario.....or heck even Kirby.

I don't understand what you're trying to say. That there are no legitimate criticisms of Nintendo's business practices? Because there are, and you just named two of them.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Socar

CaviarMeths wrote:

Artwark wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

Artwark wrote:

Ok, I gotta ask.....just why does everything that Nintendo does things bad is considered safe whereas every one else that does like Nintendo is the complete opposite? I'm just.....wondering how?

ReviewTechUSA simply rants about Nintendo removing video content and adding this program that makes it even worse for the youtubers. Then there are various issues like Nintendo is still sticking to region locking. Nintendo is all kiddies and yet adults like me love games like Mario.....or heck even Kirby.

I don't understand what you're trying to say. That there are no legitimate criticisms of Nintendo's business practices? Because there are, and you just named two of them.

a lot don't see the problem with region locking.

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

CaviarMeths

Artwark wrote:

A lot of apologists. I don't personally import games, but lack of choice is always an anti-consumer decision.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

kkslider5552000

Artwark wrote:

CaviarMeths wrote:

Artwark wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

Artwark wrote:

There are probably more people that still believe the Earth is flat than people who agree with region locking.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Haywired

I think Nintendo releasing four versions of the 3DS in the space of four years is kind of ridiculous and makes them look incompetent as a hardware manufacturer.

Haywired

Geonjaha

Haywired wrote:

I sometimes think that modern-day Nintendo fans (or at least a large portion of them) don't deserve 3rd party support given their constantly snooty and dismissive attitude towards them (just look at the vitriol on the site directed towards any 3rd party game that isn't coming to a Nintendo console, any 3rd party developer who has an opinion about Nintendo, any 3rd party game that's more popular than a Nintendo one, etc.) I say "modern-day" Nintendo fans as I feel they are slightly different from the ones from the 80s/90s.

In regards to 3rd party support, Nintendo fans these days are like people who are rude and horrible to everyone and think they're better than everyone and then wonder why they don't have any friends.

Fanboys will always be sticking their fingers in their ears though. Most of the reason they end up spouting that stuff is because the games aren't coming to a Nintendo console, so suddenly they need to rationalise everything with "Oh...well I didn't want it anyway, the game sucks!"

People who are that stupid exist in a following for all major game companies though; it's not a good reason to be happy that everyone owning Nintendo consoles has to suffer a game drought.

Edited on by Geonjaha

Geonjaha

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

Haywired

@Geonjaha Yeah, I guess it's a vocal minority who create that impression. But it's an attitude that I feel is too common within the fanbase these days.

Haywired

MajinSoul
  • The gamepad is a fantastic controller that adds so much playtime to games due to off-TV-play
  • The gamepad should return on the next Nintendo console - this time as an optional device to keep the hate low
  • Pokemon is being milked by making small adjustments (mostly in graphics) while still denying simple features like multiple save files, a new game plus mode or a difficulty selection. Also releasing 2 almost identical versions of one game was stupid back when Blue and Red were released, but it's even more stupid with WiFi being accessible to pretty much everyone.
  • Paying to play online is a no go which is the reason I will not get a PS4
  • Every console has worthwhile titles, not just your console of choice
  • Steam sales - while a blessing for gamers that want their games as cheap as possible - is hurting the industry
  • Super Mario 64 and OoT are not the best games in their respective franchises. Nostalgia is strong in these
  • the Vita is a better gaming device than the 3DS even though the 3DS has the better games
  • gamers are failing to be reasonable consumers. Throw a shiny new CGI at them and they'll fall for it no matter the actual quality of the game
  • Youtube was a better place when gaming videos weren't uploaded for the sole purpose of making money off of it
  • console gamers that care about console specs are hypocrites
  • Harvest Moon is better than Animal Crossing which is a franchise I could see fitting perfectly on mobile phones. It's just so casual and I don't mean that offensive
  • Platinum Games are the best AAA devs out there. They focus 100% on gameplay and replayability
  • The only "good" Mario games are Paper Mario 64 and Paper Mario TTYD, the rest is mediocre at best
  • I don't want a new F-Zero game. It would sell abysmal and I prefer the way Nintendo is doing it atm: release F-Zero tracks as DLC for Mario Kart
  • Ganondorf should be removed from Smash Bros unless Sakurai gives him a proper moveset
  • Devil May Cry: DmC is a fantastic game
  • Darksiders 1 is better than a lot of Zelda games

Well that's it. Boy does it feel good to type out those things. I love this thread.

Edited on by MajinSoul

MajinSoul

Nintendo Network ID: UtoKid | Twitter:

DiscoDriver43

I will say it again: sonic Adventure 2 isn't great or no where near the best Sonic game. Projared is harsher than i would be, but everything he say, i agree with.

Edited on by DiscoDriver43

http://www.backloggery.com/discodriver43

Recently watched films: The Martian

Currently playing: Max Payne

kkslider5552000

Sonic Adventure 2 I played when it came out on GCN, and was my first Sonic game (for the most part) and is nostalgic for me.

But Sonic Colors is in fact better now (or at least in 2011) than Sonic Adventure 2 was in 2002.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Rumorlife

Bless this thread for managing to stay civil. Something The Bell Tree can't do when you make a thread like this.

Rumorlife

Haywired

I don't really like modern games that use retro 8-bit graphics, or at least, the novelty is kind of wearing off now. I mean, 8-bit graphics do have a certain nostalgic beauty to them, but they're still not that beautiful, that's why we moved on to 16-bit and beyond. I mean, I don't really mind that much, but when 2D games can look as amazing as Mighty Switch Force, Shantae, Steamworld Dig, etc. I think it's a bit of a shame to go 8-bit.

Haywired

DefHalan

Haywired wrote:

I don't really like modern games that use retro 8-bit graphics, or at least, the novelty is kind of wearing off now. I mean, 8-bit graphics do have a certain nostalgic beauty to them, but they're still not that beautiful, that's why we moved on to 16-bit and beyond. I mean, I don't really mind that much, but when 2D games can look as amazing as Mighty Switch Force, Shantae, Steamworld Dig, etc. I think it's a bit of a shame to go 8-bit.

I agree, rather than going for the 8-bit look maybe some indies should focus on making good pixel art. Basically what they are already doing but more verity in the look of their game.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

unrandomsam

DefHalan wrote:

Haywired wrote:

I agree, rather than going for the 8-bit look maybe some indies should focus on making good pixel art. Basically what they are already doing but more verity in the look of their game.

As much as I would love that it is miles harder. (And even the pixel art is basically perfect i.e Freedom Planet they got the feel slightly off).

SNK in there prime had to reuse lots of sprites for cost reasons.

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”
Freedom of the press is for those who happen to own one.

ThePirateCaptain

Haywired wrote:

I have to agree with you here. When games first started to do the whole "retro-throwback" thing, it was actually a breath of fresh air. Mega Man 9 is a perfect example of this, but now that this trend has becoming increasingly popular over the last 5 or so years, it just seems lazy to me. Take Shovel Knight for example. Even though I understand that it is trying to be a throwback to 8-bit action titles, I can't help but feel they could have done a lot more with the presentation. It's not that the game looks bad, but it could have looked so much better if they had done a 16-bit style or something that allowed for a but more variety.

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

Whydoievenbother

1. Sonic Heroes was a good game.
2. Anybody who says that games lack innovation these days fails to see the innovations going on in the gaming industry (To name a few: Idle Games, Walking Simulators, Social Games, Marathon Games, Experiments like Cloud Chamber and Device 6, Etc.).
3. It's not that too many games are being released, it's that we have a Windows '97 abillity to find them.

Edited on by Whydoievenbother

"I'll take a potato chip... AND EAT IT!"
Light Yagami, Death Note
"Ah, the Breakfast Club soundtrack! I can't wait 'til I'm old enough to feel ways about stuff!"
Phillip J. Fry, Futurama

Faruko

Halo its a terrible game, its like "my first sony" of FPS games, it cant be anymore slooooooooow, darn gosh is it boring

Everything looks like its made from Tonka Trucks material

Edited on by Eel

WiiU: FarukoSH
3DS FC: 4640-0256-4473
Steam: Farukool
PSN: Farukosh

Jaz007

Faruko wrote:

Halo its a terrible game, its like "my first sony" of FPS games, it cant be anymore slooooooooow, darn gosh is it boring

Everything looks like its made from Tonka Trucks material

My first sony?

Jaz007

CaviarMeths

Haywired wrote:

I think 8bit graphics looked bad even in their own time. 16bit can still look great today though.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic