Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 1,921 to 1,940 of 12,088

CaviarMeths

Jaz007 wrote:

Sony is breaking records with PS4 sales.

Not anymore they're not. Its pacing has fallen behind the PS2 and Wii.

Honestly, I don't think we'll see anything as monstrous as the PS2 or 2006-2009 Wii ever again.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Jaz007

CaviarMeths wrote:

Jaz007 wrote:

Honestly, I don't think we'll see anything as monstrous as the PS2 or 2006-2009 Wii ever again.

Out of curiosity, do you know what the PS2 or Wii numbers were at this point?

Jaz007

Geonjaha

CanisWolfred wrote:

^I've said it before, and I'll say it again: The Last of Us should've just been a movie...

Thankfully I'm already most likely getting my wish.

It's unfortunate when AAA devs take a story like that and just make it into a game for the sake of it. I agree though; taking one look at the gameplay I decided it wasn't for me. Watched every cutscene on YouTube like a film, and found it to be average at best anyway.

Geonjaha

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

Late

Pokémon Shuffle is an awesome game. It doesn't require use of real money or even the in game coins in order to be able to beat it. Although you do need some luck in later Mega stages or just level up your Pokémon enough if you decide not to use coins. By the time you're in the later stages you have tens of thousands of coins anyway so you might as well use them.

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

CaviarMeths

Jaz007 wrote:

CaviarMeths wrote:

Jaz007 wrote:

Out of curiosity, do you know what the PS2 or Wii numbers were at this point?

Finding anything other than NPD is proving more difficult than I thought.

What I've found so far concrete:

Also, I looked up NPD results for Feb 2008 out of curiosity:

DS - 588k
Wii - 432k
PS2 - 352k
PS3 - 281k
360 - 255k

And Feb 2015:

3DS - 395k
PS4 - ~354k
XBO - 276k
Wii U - 94k

PS2 in its 8th February vs PS4 in its 2nd February = Wow.

Edited on by CaviarMeths

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Mariominer

The DSI was a major upgrade from the DS. Though not sure if entirely unpopular, I have heard some bashing of it (weird, because it was recent and that system is now obsolete.) so just wanted to say.

Like a boss? Please, I AM a boss. You're welcome

3DS Friend Code: 1543-5315-3818 | Nintendo Network ID: Storybookten9

Ralizah

Mariominer wrote:

The DSI was a major upgrade from the DS. Though not sure if entirely unpopular, I have heard some bashing of it (weird, because it was recent and that system is now obsolete.) so just wanted to say.

That's probably because it sacrificed access to one of the greatest handheld libraries of all time for the ability to take fuzzy photographs and download mostly cell phone-quality games.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

FX102A

Ralizah wrote:

Mariominer wrote:

That's probably because it sacrificed access to one of the greatest handheld libraries of all time for the ability to take fuzzy photographs and download mostly cell phone-quality games.

On the plus side, it did have a better d-pad and a tad more comfortable to hold IMHO.

FX102A

iKhan

The original DS design is my favorite (visually speaking). the DS-i and DS Lite looked like children's playthings, with a thick, bulky stylus to boot.

Maybe it was just me being a teenager at the time, but the original seemed a lot more, well non-juvenile.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

shaneoh

iKhan wrote:

The original DS design is my favorite (visually speaking). the DS-i and DS Lite looked like children's playthings, with a thick, bulky stylus to boot.

Maybe it was just me being a teenager at the time, but the original seemed a lot more, well non-juvenile.

Overall I thought the DS phat was better than the DS lite and DSi

The Greatest love story ever, Rosie Love (part 33 done)
The collective noun for a group of lunatics is a forum. A forum of lunatics.
I'm belligerent, you were warned.

Socar

Honestly, I think the reason many gamers want a Nintendo console with no gimmicks and all around seriously can't tell what the whole point of playing games on Nintendo is all about. They are just trying to make the games more interactive and making it easier to play games. Whether that butt hurts hardcore gamers or not, this is something Nintendo wants to do. To appeal to a large audience.

I fail to see the point that if people don't like Nintendo's directions, then don't buy their stuff until Nintendo realizes that they want it the way PS4 and ONE are doing. Really, is it so hard to ignore the 3DS library to those who found the original DS pointless and gimmicky?

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

iKhan

Artwark wrote:

I fail to see the point that if people don't like Nintendo's directions, then don't buy their stuff until Nintendo realizes that they want it the way PS4 and ONE are doing. Really, is it so hard to ignore the 3DS library to those who found the original DS pointless and gimmicky?

I'm not typically a grammar nazi, but this doesn't make any sense. Could you clarify what you mean?

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Eel

It's really not that hard to understand, but...

"I don't understand why the people who dislike Nintendo products keep buying them, wouldn't it be easier to just ignore them and vote with your wallet?"

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

iKhan

If you ask me, the best Mario powerups were in the 3D games, when they were restricted in access and may have hindered you slightly as well. These actually changed the gameplay without altering the challenge of it. I love messing around with the cape in SMW, but the challenge of the game pretty much evaporated

Socar

Just beated Majora's mask and honestly, I think I enjoyed Ocarina of Time better than Majora's Mask. To me, I don't see how Majora's Mask can be the best Zelda game ever made and all. Sure, you can argue that pacing is made easier once you get the main item and there are options that will make the quest easier but that doesn't mean a thing when the time itself has to remind me to reset it otherwise I'd see that Moon bash through Termina! Darn! Don't tell me that I have to 100% the game as means of accomplishing the ultimate experience because like every Zelda game, the items only benefit you to make it easier to beat the game and does nothing else besides that. Besides, it does little to no replay value in this game to me atleast.

I can however see it as the most innovative Zelda game and there are somethings that I like about this game. For instance, I like how you're able to change forms that gives a variety of play modes and its music is pretty good. Also the tone this game has also creeps me a little but its not as dark as Thousand year door or even in one of the Fire Emblem games.

Edited on by Socar

Socar

Ok, I gotta ask.....just why does everything that Nintendo does things bad is considered safe whereas every one else that does like Nintendo is the complete opposite? I'm just.....wondering how?

Rumorlife

Artwark wrote:

Ok, I gotta ask.....just why does everything that Nintendo does things bad is considered safe whereas every one else that does like Nintendo is the complete opposite? I'm just.....wondering how?

Probably by the way they present themselves. They go "oops. Please understand. We're sorry. It's coming soon. We did this instead! We hope you enjoy it " instead of where a lot do "Yeah this is gonna be the best game ever. We're going to provide you with next gen gaming that only the Xbox can provide" says nothing for 8 months releases unfinished product with day 1 patch to up the price on the microtransactions
Plus we already know Nintendo is going to play it safe at times so things actually work. Others try to innovate and then we end up with a mess.
It's like an involuntary reaction.

Rumorlife

DefHalan

Artwark wrote:

Got any examples because I don't see that.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Socar

DefHalan wrote:

Artwark wrote:

Got any examples because I don't see that.

ReviewTechUSA simply rants about Nintendo removing video content and adding this program that makes it even worse for the youtubers. Then there are various issues like Nintendo is still sticking to region locking. Nintendo is all kiddies and yet adults like me love games like Mario.....or heck even Kirby.

They stick with gimmicky controls and while that isn't everyone's cup of tea, somehow it plays safe. Then when Nintendo does DLC just like others....that's safe because its Nintendo.

Now I'm a bit worried about the direction Nintendo is going with DLC. I mean, why is it that Fire Emblem If comes as a DLC instead of having both the stories with the third one being DLC? I mean seriously, if that doesn't work, that Nintendo's fault for doing something like that and not the brand's fault! I love Fire Emblem and I want Nintendo to be careful in this because otherwise, the series will end.

Edited on by Socar

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic