Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 1,901 to 1,920 of 12,088

Rocko52

Blanc wrote:

Cyberpunk 2077 is going to be the next RPG killer game.

That would be absolutely awesome. I love CD Projekt Red, and they're work excites me.

Anime watching: Mobile Suit Gundam, Lupin III, & Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable
Reading: The Golden Compass

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7191-2654

Nintenjoe64

Destiny deserved its BAFTA

I only posted this to get my avatar as the forum's thumbnail.

Nintendo_Ninja

Nintendo NX won't release until 2018 and the 3DS and Wii U have 2.5-3 good years left.

Nintendo ID Network: Nintendo_Ninja
Mario Maker ID: LR5-VQV-THG

Kyloctopus

I disagree with the concept that Mario Party 9 is more luck based than the past 8 Mario Parties. Going back to the game, it puts a lot of focus on being good in the minigames as oppose to anything else. Boss battles are worth a worthy amount of mini stars and generally minigames are the serious make or brake moments of Mario Party 10, as oppose to going into Mario Party DS, where I found that my make-or-brake moments were mostly me hoping to roll a 10 on the dice.

Kyloctopus

3DS Friend Code: 4897-5952-1236 | Nintendo Network ID: Kyloctopus | Twitter:

Whydoievenbother

By the time the Nintendo NX releases, game consoles will be outdated

Edited on by Whydoievenbother

"I'll take a potato chip... AND EAT IT!"
Light Yagami, Death Note
"Ah, the Breakfast Club soundtrack! I can't wait 'til I'm old enough to feel ways about stuff!"
Phillip J. Fry, Futurama

CaviarMeths

MrMario02 wrote:

This has been said every year since the 80s. If it does actually happen this time, it will be Sony and Microsoft's own fault for designing a console that is literally just a PC in a smaller box.

I'm not sure what will happen in the next 2 years though that will make consoles outdated. Sure as heck isn't going to be those $800 steamboxes.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

GrizzlyArctos

I actually enjoyed Silent Hill: Homecoming and Downpour more than the original Silent Hill.

(Though Silent Hill 2 is one of my favourite games of all time...)

Yes, I like bears.

iKhan

While I appreciate Amiibo as a business tactic, I really hope they are implemented less as what is essentially on-disc DLC, and more in ideas that fundamentally take advantage of the concept of scannable figures. I'm not really interested in figure collecting, so it's really just not for me.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Geonjaha

MrMario02 wrote:

Lol, they're outdated now. Besides exclusives there is very little reason to own a console over a good PC anyway.

Edited on by Geonjaha

Geonjaha

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

Megas75

hmmm....

• I enjoyed Final Fantasy VIII more than VI, VII and IX
  • The N64, despite having some of the best games ever, is my least favorite Nintendo console
  • I like Megaman X6
  • On that tangent, I like X more than Zero
  • Starfox Adventures is my favorite Starfox game and would love to see another game like it
  • I prefer the PSP over the DS(though I like the 3DS more than both)
  • Never really cared for Majora's Mask
  • I think Call of Duty is a fun series
  • I liked Raiden in MGS2

Steam/NNID/Xbox Gamertag - Megas75

FX102A

Based on some other comments I'm not sure this is all that "unpopular" but here goes:

"The Last of Us is grossly overrated and rides almost entirely on its presentation, high production values and non-standard story; whilst it's gameplay is at the most sub-par."

FX102A

CaviarMeths

I don't think there's anything wrong with basic gameplay. Nintendo's philosophy for 30 years has been simplicity in mechanics, complexity in design. It's about taking basic gameplay and doing amazing things with it through great level design. Taking that philosophy and applying it to a cinematic game like The Last of Us isn't a bad thing. Yes, it kind of plays like a PS2 game when the cool CG sequences aren't playing. But that's OK.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

CanisWolfred

CaviarMeths wrote:

Taking that philosophy and applying it to a cinematic game like The Last of Us isn't a bad thing. Yes, it kind of plays like a PS2 game when the cool CG sequences aren't playing. But that's OK.

That is the exact opposite of my problem with The Last of Us. I think it does too much and succeeds at almost none of it. :/ I can't tell if it wants to be an action game, a survival horror game, a stealth game, a plank-laying simulator...it would be fine if it felt like it was meshing those elements together well, but it just feels disjointed, like they're getting in the way of eachother. When I'm fighting bad guys, the combat feels too clunky to be fun. The horror elements aren't very scary, just annoying, since the only "survival" element is an extremely limited amount of resources, which would be fine if I felt like I could easily shoot. These aspects then force you to utilize stealth, which would be great, except I have to kill most everything I come across - I just can't be seen doing it. That's not a good stealth game. Stealth should allow confrontations to be optional, but I don't recall a single point where the game where the game let me go until I killed everything in the room, with the possible exception of the clickers. It certainly doesn't help the limited resources, either.

And the "puzzles" were lame, no way around that...functional, but they served no purpose other than a vain attempt to break up the pacing between fights...

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Whydoievenbother

CaviarMeths wrote:

MrMario02 wrote:

This has been said every year since the 80s. If it does actually happen this time, it will be Sony and Microsoft's own fault for designing a console that is literally just a PC in a smaller box.

I'm not sure what will happen in the next 2 years though that will make consoles outdated. Sure as heck isn't going to be those $800 steamboxes.

But this gen, there is a more convenient, easier to use and (over the long run) cheaper alternative. PC & Mobile Gaming have finally become enough to overthrow the console market, with services like GRID+ and OnLive allowing you to stream games instantly to your PC, Video game marketplaces like Steam and Good ol' Games selling you quality titles for an affordable price, and ports to mobile platforms so you can take those games with you wherever you go.
EDIT: Also, Nintendo has made their fair share of mistakes in recent memory too.

Edited on by Whydoievenbother

"I'll take a potato chip... AND EAT IT!"
Light Yagami, Death Note
"Ah, the Breakfast Club soundtrack! I can't wait 'til I'm old enough to feel ways about stuff!"
Phillip J. Fry, Futurama

FX102A

CanisWolfred wrote:

CaviarMeths wrote:

Taking that philosophy and applying it to a cinematic game like The Last of Us isn't a bad thing. Yes, it kind of plays like a PS2 game when the cool CG sequences aren't playing. But that's OK.

That is the exact opposite of my problem with The Last of Us. I think it does too much and succeeds at almost none of it. :/ I can't tell if it wants to be an action game, a survival horror game, a stealth game, a plank-laying simulator...it would be fine if it felt like it was meshing those elements together well, but it just feels disjointed, like they're getting in the way of eachother. When I'm fighting bad guys, the combat feels too clunky to be fun. The horror elements aren't very scary, just annoying, since the only "survival" element is an extremely limited amount of resources, which would be fine if I felt like I could easily shoot. These aspects then force you to utilize stealth, which would be great, except I have to kill most everything I come across - I just can't be seen doing it. That's not a good stealth game. Stealth should allow confrontations to be optional, but I don't recall a single point where the game where the game let me go until I killed everything in the room, with the possible exception of the clickers. It certainly doesn't help the limited resources, either.

And the "puzzles" were lame, no way around that...functional, but they served no purpose other than a vain attempt to break up the pacing between fights...

That's basically why in the "Stealth" sections I basically used bricks and bottles to attract groups of infected then unleashed a mixture of molatovs and explosives to clear the place out.

My biggest gripe is that I ended the game feeling like I achieved nothing. No real sense of enjoyment or accomplishment, no connections with the characters, no memorable moments, no nothing. Just a bratty foul mouthed kid and a morally questionable adult with some daughter issues and in need of a shave.

Then I went to play Shantae and the Pirate's Curse where I smiled, laughed, swore, tensed up and felt satisfaction and joy in the space of a single hour of play.

FX102A

Jaz007

Sony is breaking records with PS4 sales. They've sold over 20M so far. The console market isn't dying, and anyone who says it is while giving reasons for people would abondon it (like has been happening since before I was really gaming even) is denying numbers which aren't lying. There simply isn't evidence to support the idea that consoles are dying.

Jaz007

CanisWolfred

FX102A wrote:

That's basically why in the "Stealth" sections I basically used bricks and bottles to attract groups of infected then unleashed a mixture of molatovs and explosives to clear the place out.

I did that with the Infected once or twice, too, and that was arguably the best part of the game. However, every action section may as well be a stealth section, since general combat is nowhere near favorable. There were a lot of situations where once the enemy saw me, my only option was to sit in a corner taking pots shots against an enemy with an assault rifle or even machine gun that had seemingly endless ammunition. One time I was sitting there for basically 20 minutes because no matter where I went, two guys with machine guns saw me. I tried running a couple times, only to get gunned down in seconds. Eventually I was able to stealth kill one of them, and just ate the other's bullets while I got a headshot in. It was infuriating. I'm surprised I didn't quit right there...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Ralizah

CanisWolfred wrote:

FX102A wrote:

I did that with the Infected once or twice, too, and that was arguably the best part of the game. However, every action section may as well be a stealth section, since general combat is nowhere near favorable. There were a lot of situations where once the enemy saw me, my only option was to sit in a corner taking pots shots against an enemy with an assault rifle or even machine gun that had seemingly endless ammunition. One time I was sitting there for basically 20 minutes because no matter where I went, two guys with machine guns saw me. I tried running a couple times, only to get gunned down in seconds. Eventually I was able to stealth kill one of them, and just ate the other's bullets while I got a headshot in. It was infuriating. I'm surprised I didn't quit right there...

I'll admit that long stretch of the game where you go from bandit encampment to bandit encampment was frustrating. Not because of sloppy controls or mechanics, but simply because the A.I. is smart and resources are scarce. If there are a ton of enemies in an area, the best defense really is just to mount a strong offense.

And I played on normal. I'm not looking forward to trying to platinum this, with its long multiplayer modes you have to beat and its nightmarish levels of difficulty you can unlock.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic