Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 181 to 200 of 12,088

GuSolarFlare
  • to me videogames are a hobby and a time killer(maybe my profession in the not so distant future), not a way to escape reality.

CaviarMeths wrote:

• Overly sexualized characters in video games is a total non-issue.

don't know if you're being sarcastic, but I agree with this.

Edited on by GuSolarFlare

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

Jaz007

Maelstrom wrote:

DarkCoolEdge wrote:

Man of Steel is NOT a good movie.

This is not an unpopular opinion. I have never heard someone say it was any good. While it may be the best superman movie, it is still terrible compared to everything else

I thought it was a pretty good movie. I quite enjoyed it.

Jaz007

Maelstrom

kkslider5552000 wrote:

-Link's Awakening is easily the best 2D Zelda
-OOT is both excellent and really overrated, screw you extreme internet opinions
-same with LTTP
-the more aggressive defenders of Other M should go to a creative writing class and then apologize to people
-the original Metroid is interesting but has aged incredibly poorly
-same with Kid Icarus
-Advance Wars > Fire Emblem
-Rayman Legends is the best co-op 2d platformer
-Rhythm Heaven and Xenoblade Chronicles are the best games Nintendo has been involved with post-MarioGalaxy 1
-Wii U is the only console worth getting if you are into PC gaming
-if it wasn't for the consistent great releases nowadays (which is admittedly mostly what matters), 3DS would be the BIGGEST disappointment after last gen innovation from Nintendo
-Sonic Colors is the best 3D Sonic (barring maybe Generations, which I haven't played yet)
-My experience with Final Fantasy XIII is the worst moments of storytelling I've ever seen in video games
-There should not be an official 4th Mother game, because you probably will never top Mother 3
-Open world gaming would be better if they stopped trying to be huge and instead tried to be Arkham City (even considering the fact that I prefer the occasional huge open world game, but most of them need to just stop)
-Unless you are Gears of War or Mass Effect, plz stop being a 3rd person cover shooter
-Nintendo Land is better than Wii Sports
-Little Inferno was the best Wii U launch title

Totaly agree with (almost) everything here. (removed the ones I can't comment on) Incredible opinions.

My video game arrangements (sheet music for piano)
Check in for new sheets every Monday. There's lots of Fire Emblem arrangements coming.

Nintendo Network ID: aginor

Maelstrom

Jaz007 wrote:

Maelstrom wrote:

DarkCoolEdge wrote:

This is not an unpopular opinion. I have never heard someone say it was any good. While it may be the best superman movie, it is still terrible compared to everything else

I only say this because my friends are superhero movie buffs and have seen every superhero movie released in the past 10 years

Check in for new sheets every Monday. There's lots of Fire Emblem arrangements coming.

Xyphon22

The SNES is my least favorite Nintendo console, mostly because the big three Nintendo games (Super Mario World, Link to the Past, Super Metroid) are possibly my least favorite games in each of their respective series.

Also, I see no way that either X or Zelda U is released in 2014 (which is fine by me since I'm still only half way through Xenoblade and haven't touched it in months).

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

I-U
  • Super Mario Sunshine is arguably the best 3D Mario game and the freshest take on Mario outside of the RPGs.
  • Fawful being absent from Mario & Luigi Dream Team made that game not worth the purchase.
  • Though I haven't purchased Sticker Star, it's the RPG I've had the most interest in playing since Xenoblade Chronicles.
  • Those who hate Metroid Other M for its story are ignorant to franchise material.
  • I'm not a huge fan of remixes in the Metroid Series, barring their use on Zebes; however, I do enjoy and believe the remixes that Metroid Prime Hunters used capture their locations a lot better than the original tracks from Metroid Prime.
  • Metroid Prime 3 not having a multiplayer mode was a mistake and a step backwards from Metroid Prime Hunters.
  • If Shulk is not in Super Smash Brothers 4, I will consider the roster disappointing.
  • X is the only Wii U exclusive I consider worth buying at the moment given the current details of other titles.
  • The Wii U shouldn't have been a console, it should've been a handheld.
  • I prefer Mario Bros. to Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Galaxy 2 is the worst 3D Mario game due to basically repackaging Super Mario Galaxy 3 years after Super Mario Galaxy.
  • Samus Aran wasn't my favorite video game character until after the characterization I got out of Other M.
  • I consider the Metroid fanbase's general characterization of Samus from Other M to be the most damaging thing the series has experienced.
  • Pikmin 3 didn't have the content, outside of graphics, to skip over being a pre-Brawl Wii game.
  • New Super Mario Brothers is the best 2D Mario game outside of Super Mario Land 2.
  • I would've gotten Mario Kart 8 regardless of content if I had released in December of last year. My purchase now depends on the inclusion of a single player versus mode.
  • Mario Kart 7 would have been the best Mario Kart to date had it included single player VS.
  • The Wii created a bad expectation for Nintendo: 2 3D Mario games per system.
  • The 3DS's software library will always feel like it's lacking until it gets its own Metroid exclusive.
  • Miiverse is what keeps me playing on the Wii U currently.
  • X releasing in 2015 would be the most destructive decision Nintendo has made for the Wii U since its launch.

Edited on by I-U

"The secret to ultimate power lies in the Alimbic Cluster."

Klimbatize

Maelstrom wrote:

Jaz007 wrote:

Maelstrom wrote:

DarkCoolEdge wrote:

I only say this because my friends are superhero movie buffs and have seen every superhero movie released in the past 10 years

I enjoy superhero movies as I was a big comic book nerd in the 90's, and I enjoyed Man of Steel as well. Superman is just an awfully boring cinematic character to begin with, so it's impressive they pulled off an interesting story. And saying it is bad /is/ an unpopular opinion as based on rottentomatoes.com 76% of watchers liked it.

Your original statement said it's "still terrible compared to everything else", which is just silly. Thankfully you modified it to superhero movies over the last 10 years, but even that sounds crazy.

Your friends think Elektra, Catwoman, Blade Trinity, Fantastic Four (both of them), Ghost Rider (both of them), and Spider-Man 3, are ALL better than Man of Steel??? How strange that everyone in your group of friends holds that opinion. They are definitely in the minority.

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs. It's jolted by every pebble on the road.

3DS FC: 1332 7785 4494

Wheeler

Capcom should go play King of Fighters Xlll on how to make an actual fighting game without releasing several versions of the same game.

Edited on by Wheeler

Wheeler

Maelstrom

Klimbatize wrote:

Maelstrom wrote:

Jaz007 wrote:

Maelstrom wrote:

DarkCoolEdge wrote:

I enjoy superhero movies as I was a big comic book nerd in the 90's, and I enjoyed Man of Steel as well. Superman is just an awfully boring cinematic character to begin with, so it's impressive they pulled off an interesting story. And saying it is bad /is/ an unpopular opinion as based on rottentomatoes.com 76% of watchers liked it.

Your original statement said it's "still terrible compared to everything else", which is just silly. Thankfully you modified it to superhero movies over the last 10 years, but even that sounds crazy.

Your friends think Elektra, Catwoman, Blade Trinity, Fantastic Four (both of them), Ghost Rider (both of them), and Spider-Man 3, are ALL better than Man of Steel??? How strange that everyone in your group of friends holds that opinion. They are definitely in the minority.

Point taken. I exaggerated the statement. It was not terrible, but it was not great either.

Edited on by Maelstrom

DiscoDriver43

The Dreamcast is Sega's best console bar none.

The reboot of Fantastic four can do anything it wants and it'll still be more exciting than the original fantastic four movies.

http://www.backloggery.com/discodriver43

Recently watched films: The Martian

Currently playing: Max Payne

The_Fox

Only chunky peanut butter is worth consuming. That's video game related, right?

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

Memeboy3

Maelstrom wrote:

Popular gaming opinion--this thread is going downhill

Agreed. Some of the Opinions aren't even Gaming Related! XD

S'up
I love Anime and Wii U and 3DS games with Barry and Ross.
And Im playing Super Mario 3D World, KI:U, Colors, etc
My friend code:
3711- 7655 - 4325
My Nintendo network ID :Pokelover10

GuSolarFlare

Ganon isn't afraid of the internet, he actually learned to be a hacker so he can kill more links easily.

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
my Backloggery

Blast

DiscoDriver43 wrote:

The reboot of Fantastic four can do anything it wants and it'll still be more exciting than the original fantastic four movies.

LOL so true

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

DiscoDriver43

Blast wrote:

DiscoDriver43 wrote:

LOL so true

yes. Fantastic Four is the most boring movie i ever seen

http://www.backloggery.com/discodriver43

Recently watched films: The Martian

Currently playing: Max Payne

Sleepingmudkip

Gen 3/4 of pokemon were the best Gens of all times

Playing: Wargroove on Switch and Fire Emblem on GBA

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7674-9891 | Nintendo Network ID: lionel1 | Twitter:

Wheeler

Achilles Last Stand is the best Led Zeppelin song.

Wheeler

GuSolarFlare

avoiding popular stuff on purpose is as dumb as liking things just because they're popular.

my Backloggery

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic