Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 1,681 to 1,700 of 12,088

crimsoncavalier

SkywardLink98 wrote:

Not really an opinion, but the only Zelda games that have kept me entertained long enough for me to finish them were Skyward Sword and Link's Awakening.

To me Skyward Sword was not only the worst Zelda game ever made, it was a bad game, period. It was one of the worst games I played on the Wii. Motion controls ruined that game utterly and completely.

crimsoncavalier

Nintendo Network ID: CrimsonCavalier

dumedum

Nicolai wrote:

Nintendo's resistive touch screens are better than smartphone touch screens. It's more precise, more responsive, uses a much thinner stylus, so it's better for drawing fine lines. There's no point in having multi-touch. Sure, you have to press down, but barely! It's like pressing a button, but lighter!

This shouldn't be an unpopular opinion, it's the truth. And they work great with fingers too (for example the Wii U with Rayman Legends or the 3DS with RE: Revelations).

Edited on by dumedum

"Dubs Goes to Washington: The Video Game".

Nintendo Network ID: Del_Piero_Mamba

unrandomsam

munchakoopas wrote:

nintendo needs to purchase Sega and Capcom because they currently suck at making decent games. I don't care if they have 1 money making franchise I.E Monster Hunter. If you don't have 3 or more then you need to get yourself re-evaluated and put yourself up for sale to a company who actually develop quality games.

Sega has 3 great money making franchises - Total War / Company of Heroes and Football Manager.

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”
Freedom of the press is for those who happen to own one.

SkywardLink98

crimsoncavalier wrote:

SkywardLink98 wrote:

Not really an opinion, but the only Zelda games that have kept me entertained long enough for me to finish them were Skyward Sword and Link's Awakening.

To me Skyward Sword was not only the worst Zelda game ever made, it was a bad game, period. It was one of the worst games I played on the Wii. Motion controls ruined that game utterly and completely.

I disagree. The only console Zelda I haven't played is Wind Waker and the others just weren't all that great. They were good games, but Skyward Sword was my favorite of the bunch. The others either grew stale all too early and weren't all that captivating.

My SD Card with the game on it is just as physical as your cartridge with the game on it.
I love Nintendo, that's why I criticize them so harshly.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332

dumedum

SkywardLink98 wrote:

crimsoncavalier wrote:

SkywardLink98 wrote:

I disagree. The only console Zelda I haven't played is Wind Waker and the others just weren't all that great. They were good games, but Skyward Sword was my favorite of the bunch. The others either grew stale all too early and weren't all that captivating.

I agree. Skyward Sword is the most fun Zelda game ever, for sure.

"Dubs Goes to Washington: The Video Game".

Nintendo Network ID: Del_Piero_Mamba

Octane

FireEmblem wrote:

Super Mario Sunshine is my favorite Super Mario game of all time.

Pokémon Gale of Darkness was awesome!

I know many people disagree, don't know what you think of it?

I agree on Super Mario Sunshine.

However, personally I liked Colosseum over XD.

edit: As everyone is ranting about Skyward Sword anyway; Yes, I thought it was pretty bad too.

I really liked Other M though...

Edited on by Octane

Octane

Gamecubed

I liked Skyward Sword. Was it perfect? God no. I thought it was too easy and I wish I could have played with the Classic Controller. But I liked it.
I think Twilight Princess is incredibly boring. The whole Twilight Realm thing seemed like something out of a fanfiction story.

Gamecubed

ThePirateCaptain

@kkslider5552000
I agree with you on A Link to the Past, it was never a favorite of mine. It just feels like there's something missing to me, almost soulless. While the gameplay may be great, it just seems kind of dull, but maybe it's because I didn't grow up with the game.

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

MegaMari0

Metroid Other M had awesome gameplay. Loved it. Everyone complained about the story. Not everyone was a bada$$ from the get-go. It could have been done better. The hate for this game is undeserved.

"When expecting booby traps, always send the boob in first." -Megatron-

3DS Friend Code: 3153-3802-3566 | Nintendo Network ID: coldfusion88

Haywired

I don't really like the vehicle customization aspect from Mario Kart 7 and 8 and I don't think vehicle customization belongs in Mario Kart. One of the reasons Mario Kart is so popular is because of its simple, accessible, pick-up-and-play nature. I don't want to have to think about whether I want wooden wheels or tiny wheels or crimson slim wheels or whatever... I don't really care.

In fact, speaking of MK vehicles, I suppose another unpopular opinion is that I don't really like the wacky, over-the-top vehicles that have been the staple since Double Dash. I preferred it when all characters had the same simple, basic and elegant (I think a lot of the wacky vehicles are really ugly) karts (actual karts as in the title!) and you just chose your character (based on their racing style) and that was it.

Haywired

Rebelarch86

Retro games aren't harder they just have awful, imprecise controls.

Rebelarch86

RedDevilAde

Rebelarch86 wrote:

That's definitely the case with Mario 64, it's handles like a shopping trolley compared to SM3DW.

Rimmer: "Look, I think we've all got something to bring to this conversation, but I think that from now on the thing you should bring is silence."

Homer: "Oh people can come up with statistics to prove anything Kent. Forfty percent of all people know that."

Nintendo Network ID: RedDevilAde

CaviarMeths

RedDevilAde wrote:

Rebelarch86 wrote:

That's definitely the case with Mario 64, it's handles like a shopping trolley compared to SM3DW.

First thing that came to mind for me was Resident Evil. The tank controls are awful. I understand that the point is to make you feel weak because it's a survival game, but intentionally making the controls clunky and unintuitive is the cheapest way to do that.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

iKhan

RedDevilAde wrote:

Rebelarch86 wrote:

You're kidding right? If Mario 64 is a shopping trolly, SM3DW handles like a giant stone brick.

Mario 64 has smooth, free-flowing 360 controls with analog speed control. Mario 3D World has 8-way movement with a clunky and stiff running mechanic and a stupidly designed grab mechanic.

Edited on by iKhan

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Geonjaha

iKhan wrote:

RedDevilAde wrote:

Rebelarch86 wrote:

You're kidding right? If Mario 64 is a shopping trolly, SM3DW handles like a giant stone brick.

It's also kind of depressing that even assuming the controls on 64 are worse, it still manages to be an infinitely more interesting and original game.

Geonjaha

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

RedDevilAde

iKhan wrote:

RedDevilAde wrote:

Rebelarch86 wrote:

Go play SM3DW then boot up right after SM64 on VC, try on both to perform some complex jumps and acrobatics. It's much easier to get Mario to perform what you intend on SM3DW. If you seriously think SM64 handles better you need help. Serious if it's so much better in SM64 they wouldn't have deviated from that scheme for the latter entries in the series, Nintendo has seriously tightened the controls over time (SMG 1/2 too is a million times better than SM64) it's now much easier to get the characters to do what you want than when the series started, M64 is very imprecise in comparison to the more recent games.

Edited on by RedDevilAde

Rimmer: "Look, I think we've all got something to bring to this conversation, but I think that from now on the thing you should bring is silence."

Homer: "Oh people can come up with statistics to prove anything Kent. Forfty percent of all people know that."

Nintendo Network ID: RedDevilAde

KO-Cub

munchakoopas wrote:

Metroid Other M had awesome gameplay. Loved it. Everyone complained about the story. Not everyone was a bada$$ from the get-go. It could have been done better. The hate for this game is undeserved.

Ditto. Some gameplay was bad. Those Metroids were hard to kill on the final boss. Tho I didn't like the way Samus was being too girly. She like... moved her hips a lot and had her hand out as she walked it was... uhhgg. Still, no problem with her rebellious young adult side. It was a little cute. But she's supposed to be a heavy tomboy like in the Prime games.

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

Geonjaha

If you seriously think SM64 handles better you need help.

> Failing to understand subjectivity vs. objectivity.

Serious if it's so much better they wouldn't have deviated from that scheme for the latter entries in the series

> Believing everything Nintendo does is the right decision, and because they chose to go down a certain path, all others sucked.

Geonjaha

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

CanisWolfred

Super Mario 3D World plays better, but Super Mario 64 plays very well, too. It's a little more challenging, but it should only take a minute or two to get adjusted...we're talking about the original 3D platformer here.

Unless you're talking about the DS version. That one can rot in hell.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

iKhan

RedDevilAde wrote:

iKhan wrote:

RedDevilAde wrote:

Rebelarch86 wrote:

Go play SM3DW then boot up right after SM64 on VC. If you seriously think SM64 handles better you need help. Serious if it's so much better they wouldn't have deviated from that scheme for the latter entries in the series, Nintendo has seriously tightened the controls over time (SMG 1/2 too is a million times better) it's now much easier to get the characters to do what you want than when the series started, M64 is very imprecise in comparison to the more recent games.

If you were comparing SM64 to SMG 1/2, I'd agree 100% with you (and I've played SM64 recently on N64)

But SM3DW USES retro 2D Mario controls. It's clunky and awkward for the same reason some older 2D Mario games are clunky and awkward.

I think you missed this point as well.

iKhan wrote:

Mario 64 has smooth, free-flowing 360 controls with analog speed control. Mario 3D World has 8-way movement with a clunky and stiff running mechanic and a stupidly designed grab mechanic.

3DW made decisions with it's controls that just make no logical sense to me. The Gamepad HAS an analog stick. Why use a run button? And if you are going to use a run button, why don't you use the much more accessible trigger button? Why did they go back to requiring you to hold a button to hold an item, rather than making it "pick up" and "throw"? Why did they assign 3 different functionalities to the same button in the same context?

All of these decisions were originally made in Super Mario Bros. 3 because the NES had 2 face buttons and a D-Pad. But we don't have an NES controller anymore, so there is no reason to continue having these faults.

Edited on by iKhan

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic