Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 1,661 to 1,680 of 12,088

CaviarMeths

Not sure if this really counts as an unpopular opinion, since only like 20 people played the games anyway, but I liked the character designs and battle system in Xenosaga Ep. II better than Ep. I. I played all the way through Ep. I and the battle system still didn't make any sense when I finished it.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

RoseRed

Anything but Link from OOC or MM needs to just go away. Go away cartoony cutesy link. You detract from the potential depth of the franchise!

Wii U: rosekotasek

Mostly play Mario Kart 8. :)

R_Champ

RoseRed wrote:

Anything but Link from OOC or MM needs to just go away. Go away cartoony cutesy link. You detract from the potential depth of the franchise!

TBH, I don't think this oppinion is that unpopular considering how dedicated MM and OOT fans are. Toon Link showing up EVERYWHERE definitely makes it seem like people prefer him though.

deepbreath prepares flame shield
I don't really like Earthbound. Everyone went on, and on, AND ON about how AMAZING it was. And that it was "Best game EVAR!!!!1". They whined and complained at Nintendo to get it on VC (when people did that for Xenoblade...it was SO worth it). I was so convinced that I might be wrong that I forced myself to finish it....and I wasn't really impressed. It actually came across as mediocre overall IMO. Sure, the humor and graphics are fantastic! But the gameplay is a boring, non-rewarding, plot-hindering slog. I feel it would have been better as a manga, anime, or game visual novel because as an turn-based RPG it was just a chore to play...buying, trading, and organizing items one at a time especially when you need to move plot items in and out of your inventory? OMG just kill me.

Nintendo & Steam ID: R_Champ

I-U

R_Champ wrote:

I don't really like Earthbound. Everyone went on, and on, AND ON about how AMAZING it was. And that it was "Best game EVAR!!!!1". They whined and complained at Nintendo to get it on VC (when people did that for Xenoblade...it was SO worth it). I was so convinced that I might be wrong that I forced myself to finish it....and I wasn't really impressed.

I didn't even bother with Earthbound despite all the hype it got. I generally have a lack of interest in Super Nintendo RPGs, as I expect them to be like my experience with FFIII DS, great for about 20 hours then it's a grind fest and too open. I'm happy that my experience with Earthbound is limited to the content that's been put into the Smash series.

"The secret to ultimate power lies in the Alimbic Cluster."

SkywardLink98

Not really an opinion, but the only Zelda games that have kept me entertained long enough for me to finish them were Skyward Sword and Link's Awakening.

My SD Card with the game on it is just as physical as your cartridge with the game on it.
I love Nintendo, that's why I criticize them so harshly.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332

Yoshi_Prime

DiscoGentleman wrote:

My unpopular opinion for the day: I'd rather see a revamp of a game like Ice Climbers for a modern console than something as highly desired as F-Zero. I think there's way more potential in the former.

I think the problem is that Ice Climber and Kid Icarus were very similar games, and they chose Kid Icarus. Of course, I'm not particularly campaigning for a new game in any of those three franchises (two franchises, one solo game).

Yoshi_Prime

CanisWolfred

Truth be told, I've only ever finished 2 Zelda games (Oracle of Seasons and A Link Between Worlds) I got to the Penultimate dungeons in Twilight Princess and A Link to the Past, though, as well as to the Final form of the Final Boss in Minish Cap.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

baba_944

"Sonic 3D Blast" for PC is an amazing game and far superior to the inferior "SEGA GENESIS" version.

Who are you?

DBPirate

DiscoGentleman wrote:

My unpopular opinion for the day: I'd rather see a revamp of a game like Ice Climbers for a modern console than something as highly desired as F-Zero. I think there's way more potential in the former.

gasp ME TOO!

Currently playing: Bayonetta 2

My Nintendo: DillPickle | Nintendo Network ID: Czechmate1129

Nicolai

Nintendo's resistive touch screens are better than smartphone touch screens. It's more precise, more responsive, uses a much thinner stylus, so it's better for drawing fine lines. There's no point in having multi-touch. Sure, you have to press down, but barely! It's like pressing a button, but lighter!

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

CanisWolfred

Nicolai wrote:

Nintendo's resistive touch screens are better than smartphone touch screens. It's more precise, more responsive, uses a much thinner stylus, so it's better for drawing fine lines. There's no point in having multi-touch. Sure, you have to press down, but barely! It's like pressing a button, but lighter!

I think Smartphone's screens are good for what they are. Nintendo picked the best one for gaming, but most smart phones have screens that are a bit more durable and work much better when damaged. I've seen people have screens that were completely shattered and held there with tape and they still work like a charm. The DS doesn't even handle deep scratches very well, as far as I know...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Nicolai

CanisWolfred wrote:

Nicolai wrote:

I think Smartphone's screens are good for what they are. Nintendo picked the best one for gaming, but most smart phones have screens that are a bit more durable and work much better when damaged. I've seen people have screens that were completely shattered and held there with tape and they still work like a charm. The DS doesn't even handle deep scratches very well, as far as I know...

Ah yes, I should have been more specific. Nintendo's touch screens are better for gaming. Of course, smartphone touch screens need to be more durable, and work better for fingers, as opposed to a stylus.

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

kkslider5552000

I can't say for this certain right now, but I think ALBW might be one of my least favorite Zelda games. I mean, it wasn't high up to begin with and I could change my mind easily but right now, halfway through a second playthrough, only Four Swords, Phantom Hourglass and Zelda 2 are below this. I mean, I get why people love the game but to me I can't get over how awkward and just not great the mix of LTTP and new game design can be. I mean, LTTP has never been a favorite of mine but it's still very good for what it is. But despite finding it to be a fun and high quality game, I've always got this sense that itself is this awkward transition between Zelda 1 and OOT and I just find a lot of its elements not to be the strongest in the series. And this game tries to add new ideas and some ideas from newer Zeldas and it's just weird to me.

But my main issue is that I don't care for the overworld. It's not that interesting. It wasn't that interesting LTTP. Seriously, as much as Nintendo tries to shun narrative sometimes...if you're gonna create a world, make a compelling one. I've never understood why LTTP is one and why I want to explore it outside of purely gameplay reasons (which to be fair, is a very good reason for Hero Mode). But the game's still trying to get me to care about the story but outside of parts of the main narrative, it's just not that interesting.

And there's a way to do this non-linear gameplay, but I'm not the biggest fan of how this game does it, at least more often than not. I mean, I could go to the hardest dungeons first, but...why? How is that more fun? So I do the hard stuff first and then the easier stuff later? ...fun? I don't get that. I don't like when games say screw it to any sort of logical progression of difficulty or anything.

Not to mention, I'm not into the shop system. In this game, I totally get why they put it in, but for me, it usually just feels like a reason to waste my time more than anything. "Died? Well go back to your house and waste some time renting it again!" I think the only reason I continued to rent items was because I didn't want to be lacking rupees after buying everything for the expensive minigames or else I might have to do them all around the same time.

ALSO THAT BASEBALL MINIGAME. ALSO THAT RANDOM CHEST MINIGAME.

I mean, it's still a good game and when it gets to stuff I like (particularly the dungeons and a lot of the cooler stuff with the wall merge), it's great. I just hope they don't use these ideas for the Wii U Zeldas. At least not how they were used here. It's cool that LTTP fans get a game for them again but...no, I'd rather not. I honestly had the same feeling to certain aspects about Skyward Sword. It's fine they did this once but they can ignore doing that again plz. Which is fitting to me as ALBW felt like a lot of it was made as a reaction to the ridiculous handholding and linear areas of that game.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Matty2310

I personally think that Game Freak should've made the 3DS Pokemon games into full 3D at all times. Just look at the 3D effects when you're in a cave, it's amazing and shows how awesome the overworld would look in 3D. Those who don't like the 3D could just turn it off.

For those of you who don't know who I am, I'm Kirby95, I just changed my username.

3DS Friend Code: 1375-7224-8981

FireEmblem

Super Mario Sunshine is my favorite Super Mario game of all time.

Pokémon Gale of Darkness was awesome!

I know many people disagree, don't know what you think of it?

FireEmblem

Yoshi_Prime

FireEmblem wrote:

Super Mario Sunshine is my favorite Super Mario game of all time.

Word, son.

Assassin's Creed III isn't actually fun. Sorry, Metacritic. Nearly two hours into the game, and I'm just some guy. Some slow jerk who isn't even the main character of the game. I don't want to take a slow jaunt through a movie to get to your game, especially with how unlikable the character you're forcing me to play as is. I'll go back to play Arkham Origins now.

Yoshi_Prime

LzWinky

Apple is a good company and the mobile market is not evil.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

SkywardLink98

I think Mario could work as a first person platformer, and I would gladly play it.

My SD Card with the game on it is just as physical as your cartridge with the game on it.
I love Nintendo, that's why I criticize them so harshly.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332

MegaMari0

nintendo needs to purchase Sega and Capcom because they currently suck at making decent games. I don't care if they have 1 money making franchise I.E Monster Hunter. If you don't have 3 or more then you need to get yourself re-evaluated and put yourself up for sale to a company who actually develop quality games.

"When expecting booby traps, always send the boob in first." -Megatron-

3DS Friend Code: 3153-3802-3566 | Nintendo Network ID: coldfusion88

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic