Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 1,381 to 1,400 of 12,088

Jaz007

CanisWolfred wrote:

Jaz007 wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

iKhan wrote:

SpookyMeths wrote:

As far as I know, the lore does specifically mention that the Hero of Time is a boy, but that could easily be retconned into being that he's always been a boy so far.

I guess I don't care either way.

I don't have a problem with there being a female main character, but that should be the only main character.

Link isn't you in a Zelda game. You are Link, projecting yourself onto a character who is easy to project onto. Offering customization options rejects that principle.

Link's gender is no more important to the story than his regular grunts. He's always male for the same reason Masterchief is always male: because it would be weird if he suddenly got a sex change for no reason. Also tradition and laziness. I mean, you can make it less weird if you write it/design it right...

It played quite a role with him and Zelda in Skyward Sword. I don't get why people keep saying this, it simply isn't true.

Well, because it applies to the rest. And that's just me taking your word for it, I don't want to dredge up any memories of that terrible game.

Why restrict the improved storytelling by messing with gender? It's not really a problem, and I don't want to see the next game suffer for a problem that doesn't need fixing. Besides, if Link was a woman, it would be sexist to change him to a male. If Nintendo wants a good female character, they should make a new IP. They could use a big one anyway, not a small E-Shop.

Jaz007

Offolsense

CanisWolfred wrote:

In some cases it would be weird, but yeah, so long as there is no love plot or sub-plot (which Ironically Zelda usually isn't too big with outside of Wind Waker, the only Zelda I encountered where it's rather explicit that Link and Zelda got together in the end), or their gender roles aren't important to the plot, you could replace the characters' genders and it wouldn't be a problem story-wise. Would people complain? Yes, but only because they don't like change.

It was clear in Skyward Sword too. Anyway, you want it to be changed just because it can? I'm fine with change, if it's for the better. This I would argue could even be for worse. Really, you think people would complain just because they don't like change? No, it's because it would be a bad change.

Offolsense

CanisWolfred

It's a bad change because....why? I don't get it. What would you lose? Having a penis doesn't make you a better character, especially when your character has no damn character!

Edited on by theblackdragon

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Kyloctopus

A year ago, the sequel to Professor Layton, Layton 7 was announced. And no one liked it because.
1. IOS
2. There was no Layton or Luke involved in the preview
3. It looked nothing like the average Professor Layton game
Despite all that, I really want to see more of this game. From what I saw in the gameplay, it had a similar ideas to both Maniac Mansion/The Cave and Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective. Plus, it looked pretty good for an iOS title at the time.

Many people are saying Marth will be one of the lesser popular Amiibo, but truthfully, I think he might be among the most popular. Especially at launch, when the Smash players will outsell more copies than the children's parents who go Christmas shopping later.
We saw that Fire Emblem is now a big franchise, reaching over 1 million copies with Awakening. Plus Marth has always been a popular Smash Bros. fighter. Combine all that and I think he will be one of the most bought Amiibo figures.

Game Grumps aren't that good anymore. Egoraptor is running out of things to say, plus I hate how they are more doing walkthroughs than Let's plays where instead of 1 series consisting of 4 - 8 episodes. We see alot more 30 - 70 episode series. Not to mention, they're mostly of bpring Mario games. Sure, they're fun to play, but they don't make for alot of rememberable episodes. I'm sure their fans give plenty of abnormal games to them, daily. However, they don't play alot of them.

Edited on by Kyloctopus

Kyloctopus

3DS Friend Code: 4897-5952-1236 | Nintendo Network ID: Kyloctopus | Twitter:

CaviarMeths

Of_Folsense wrote:

It was clear in Skyward Sword too.

Zelda's pure royal bloodline disagrees.

Their relationship in Skyward Sword was ambiguous. Yes, you could interpret it as romantic, but you could just as easily interpret it as sisterly.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

LzWinky

Your analogy with Luke makes no sense, because Link is not just one person. He is not one person. Let me repeat: not one person. The argument isn't whether we should change him in past games, but change him in future games.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Offolsense

SpookyMeths wrote:

Of_Folsense wrote:

Their relationship in Skyward Sword was ambiguous. Yes, you could interpret it as romantic, but you could just as easily interpret it as sisterly.

Untitled
I dunno... That's the way I interpreted it. I guess it could be sisterly.

Offolsense

Offolsense

WaLzgi wrote:

Your analogy with Luke makes no sense, because Link is not just one person. He is not one person. Let me repeat: not one person. The argument isn't whether we should change him in past games, but change him in future games.

When I said that, I was replying to something CanisWolfred said. I made a whole paragraph for you.

Offolsense

Offolsense

I'm starting to think I should have just kept quiet.

Offolsense

shaneoh

Of_Folsense wrote:

Well don't. Nothing wrong with having an opinion, just don't excessively whine about it. (which you haven't been)

Edited on by shaneoh

The Greatest love story ever, Rosie Love (part 33 done)
The collective noun for a group of lunatics is a forum. A forum of lunatics.
I'm belligerent, you were warned.

CaviarMeths

Of_Folsense wrote:

Nah, no need. It's the spirit of this thread. Disagreeing with each other is kind of the whole point.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

iKhan

SpookyMeths wrote:

iKhan wrote:

SpookyMeths wrote:

As far as I know, the lore does specifically mention that the Hero of Time is a boy, but that could easily be retconned into being that he's always been a boy so far.

I guess I don't care either way.

I don't have a problem with there being a female main character, but that should be the only main character.

Link isn't you in a Zelda game. You are Link, projecting yourself onto a character who is easy to project onto. Offering customization options rejects that principle.

Untitled Untitled Untitled

These are three different people born thousands of years apart.

By main character I mean of a particular game. As in you shouldn't be able to choose "male or female" at the beginning of the game. The protagonist of a Zelda game should be either/or.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

CaviarMeths

Of_Folsense wrote:

SpookyMeths wrote:

Of_Folsense wrote:

Untitled

Untitled

It could be. I just think it could be interpreted either way and it was really up to the player.

Matty2310

I'm not necessarily against the idea of having the option of being able to choose your gender in the Zelda games, but I think it would probably be a better idea to make Zelda a playable character instead. If you can already play as her in Hyrule Warriors, it could possibly be a matter of time. But that's just what I think.

For those of you who don't know who I am, I'm Kirby95, I just changed my username.

3DS Friend Code: 1375-7224-8981

Octane

Nobody argues for a female Mario, or a male Samus? I don't get the fuss about the gender.. Just play as Link and enjoy your game.

Octane

Offolsense

SpookyMeths wrote:

Of_Folsense wrote:

SpookyMeths wrote:

Of_Folsense wrote:

Untitled

Untitled

It could be. I just think it could be interpreted either way and it was really up to the player.

Okay, makes sense. Now that I think about it, I guess it really wasn't any more clear that the other games. I guess I just kind of assumed based on that one scene at the beginning.

Offolsense

SkywardLink98

Unpopular opinion: Fi was less annoying than Navi.

My SD Card with the game on it is just as physical as your cartridge with the game on it.
I love Nintendo, that's why I criticize them so harshly.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic