Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 1,281 to 1,300 of 12,088

CaviarMeths

ekreig wrote:

CaviarMeths wrote:

ekreig wrote:

May_Nyan wrote:

I've seen that Final Fantasy XIII is very unpopular on the internet but I like it. I enjoy the cut scenes and like the characters.

I like it too. The weapon upgrade system was dumb and the ending felt kind of cheap, but those are my only real complaints. The battle system, music, graphics, and character development were top notch.

Which character developed?

All six of the main characters had to go through some amount of change...I'd say the parts where they summon the Eidolons are a pretty good indicator of that. I thought the interactions between Hope/Snow and Sazh/Vanille were especially well done, though.

But except maybe Hope, all of the characters were the same at the end. If you only played the first hour and the last hour of the game, you'd be totally lost because of the huge chunk of story missing, but you probably wouldn't notice any major differences in any of the characters.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

spizzamarozzi

I've recently finished Arkham: Origins and I thought it was easily the best in the trilogy - it has a story on par with Asylum and its structure is a great improvement over the total chaos of Arkham City. Only combat is a step back, but I can live with that because nearly everything was done far better than in Arkham City. I would personally rank them 1) Origins 2) Asylum 3) City. Why did it get such poor reviews? Did something go wrong in the hype machine department?

Overall, it's a fair serie - I just wonder how can you make three games and NEVER be able to design a decent boss fight.

Top-10 games I played in 2017: The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild (WiiU) - Rogue Legacy (PS3) - Fallout 3 (PS3) - Red Dead Redemption (PS3) - Guns of Boom (MP) - Sky Force Reloaded (MP) - ...

3DS Friend Code: 0104-0649-7464 | Nintendo Network ID: spizzamarozzi

LzWinky

May_Nyan wrote:

I've seen that Final Fantasy XIII is very unpopular on the internet but I like it. I enjoy the cut scenes and like the characters.

Final Fantasy XIII's main problems were that it was too slow and bloated

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

ogo79

WaLzgi wrote:

May_Nyan wrote:

yer opinion is not popular therefore it is not correct.

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

I-U

Chrono_Cross wrote:

Cyb3Rnite wrote:

I'm not going to deny that.

That's depressing.

He, like me, probably likes the best endings of the Metroid games. I like what Smash 4 did, but it's incomplete. This can be said for a lot of characters, but they could've made more references to the actual series with the alts.

"The secret to ultimate power lies in the Alimbic Cluster."

LzWinky

ogo79 wrote:

WaLzgi wrote:

May_Nyan wrote:

yer opinion is not popular therefore it is not correct.

Old games suck!

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Haywired

I think Nintendo has been releasing too many Kirby games (5 last generation). I mean I like Kirby, but still...

I think Pikmin 1 is still the best Pikmin game.

I don't care about customizing my character.

I think offering multiple control schemes shows a lack of courage/conviction by the designer and suggests that none of them are that good (if one of them were truly great there would only need to be one). I don't want to spend my time with a game trying to figure out which is the best control scheme, that decision should have already been made BY THE DESIGNER!

I don't care if a game is short and I don't think a game should be criticized/marked down for being short. I'm more annoyed when a game drags on too long (with obvious padding).

Haywired

Octane

Haywired wrote:

I think Nintendo has been releasing too many Kirby games (5 last generation). I mean I like Kirby, but still...

I think Pikmin 1 is still the best Pikmin game.

I don't care about customizing my character.

I think offering multiple control schemes shows a lack of courage/conviction by the designer and suggests that none of them are that good (if one of them were truly great there would only need to be one). I don't want to spend my time with a game trying to figure out which is the best control scheme, that decision should have already been made BY THE DESIGNER!

I don't care if a game is short and I don't think a game should be criticized/marked down for being short. I'm more annoyed when a game drags on too long (with obvious padding).

Nah, you're not the only one, I completely agree.

Octane

CanisWolfred

ekreig wrote:

CaviarMeths wrote:

ekreig wrote:

CaviarMeths wrote:

ekreig wrote:

May_Nyan wrote:

I like it too. The weapon upgrade system was dumb and the ending felt kind of cheap, but those are my only real complaints. The battle system, music, graphics, and character development were top notch.

Which character developed?

All six of the main characters had to go through some amount of change...I'd say the parts where they summon the Eidolons are a pretty good indicator of that. I thought the interactions between Hope/Snow and Sazh/Vanille were especially well done, though.

But except maybe Hope, all of the characters were the same at the end. If you only played the first hour and the last hour of the game, you'd be totally lost because of the huge chunk of story missing, but you probably wouldn't notice any major differences in any of the characters.

Fair point. Overall their personalities didn't really change much, but to me it still felt like everyone grew.

I'd take that over Final Fantasy X's attempts at character development anyday. "Hey, we have this cast of fun and diverse characters, let's make them all super-depressed angsty tightwads by the end of the game!"

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Ryu_Niiyama

The gamepad is my favorite controller that is not an arcade stick so far. Have played most systems since the NES.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

CM30

My unpopular opinion: Miyamoto is why Nintendo is suffering at the moment, because his out of touch ideas about videogames are stopping them truly innovating with the franchises like the Mario one. You know, cause of his obsessive 'gameplay over everything else' philosophy, which I believe isn't backed up by facts about why people buy or play games/other media.

Controversial opinion 2: Either Sony or Microsoft will go bankrupt before Nintendo. People never look at how much money those two companies are losing with many of their business decision...

And for a third... Mario games would be better if the Koopalings and Bowser Jr never came back, ever. Might force them to make more interesting boss battles now they don't have a bunch of mini Bowser clones running around...

Try out Gaming Reinvented, my new gaming forum and website!
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4...

Twitter:

Yoshi_Prime

Let's just start innocuously.

1) I think Super Mario Sunshine is the best Mario game.
2) Luigi's Mansion is underrated.
3) Game & Wario should have won Best Game in 2013.
4) The Unova and Hoenn regions have terrible Pokemon and I would not mind them not existing.
5) Yoshi is #1 smasher.
6) Kirby's Epic Yarn was tons of fun.
7) Dunsparce is truly a hero of our time.
8) Jagex ruined RuneScape and cares more about money than its previous users (maybe that's not unpopular).
9) The underground digging area in Diamond & Pearl was awesome.
10) This topic's website URL has "upopular_gameing" in it and it bothers me to no end.

Edit: But wait, there's more! (Were you waiting for me?)
11) Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam may very well be the best Tony Hawk game.
12) Kirby Air Ride and Yoshi's Story deserved so much better than the mediocre reviews they got.
13) 1080 Snowboarding is awful. I don't get it. Where's all that good?
14) Resident Evil 2 is also awful. Leon S. Kennedy has beautiful blonde hair and you know it.

Edited on by Yoshi_Prime

Yoshi_Prime

Punished_Boss_84

Yoshi_Prime wrote:

Let's just start innocuously.

1) I think Super Mario Sunshine is the best Mario game.
2) Luigi's Mansion is underrated.
3) Game & Wario should have won Best Game in 2013.
4) The Unova and Hoenn regions have terrible Pokemon and I would not mind them not existing.
5) Yoshi is #1 smasher.
6) Kirby's Epic Yarn was tons of fun.
7) Dunsparce is truly a hero of our time.
8) Jagex ruined RuneScape and cares more about money than its previous users (maybe that's not unpopular).
9) The underground digging area in Diamond & Pearl was awesome.
10) This topic's website URL has "upopular_gameing" in it and it bothers me to no end.

Edit: But wait, there's more! (Were you waiting for me?)
11) Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam may very well be the best Tony Hawk game.
12) Kirby Air Ride and Yoshi's Story deserved so much better than the mediocre reviews they got.
13) 1080 Snowboarding is awful. I don't get it. Where's all that good?
14) Resident Evil 2 is also awful. Leon S. Kennedy has beautiful blonde hair and you know it.

That's an underrated feature, I enjoyed...

"They played us like a damn fiddle!" - MGS5
"Finish your mission, prove your loyalty." - MGS3
"We could take a s*** on you from such a height, you'd think God himself has crapped on you!" - GTA: SA
Currently Playing: The Phantom Pain.

3DS Friend Code: 3840-6320-8217

Ryu_Niiyama

CM30 wrote:

My unpopular opinion: Miyamoto is why Nintendo is suffering at the moment, because his out of touch ideas about videogames are stopping them truly innovating with the franchises like the Mario one. You know, cause of his obsessive 'gameplay over everything else' philosophy, which I believe isn't backed up by facts about why people buy or play games/other media.

Controversial opinion 2: Either Sony or Microsoft will go bankrupt before Nintendo. People never look at how much money those two companies are losing with many of their business decision...

And for a third... Mario games would be better if the Koopalings and Bowser Jr never came back, ever. Might force them to make more interesting boss battles now they don't have a bunch of mini Bowser clones running around...

Don't think the second one is all that unpopular. Everybody knows Sony is bleeding money. Though they are improving.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Geonjaha

bezerker99 wrote:

The Smash Bros for 3DS demo is BORING! Just like the rest of the franchise!!!

There. I said it. And I feel better.

I feel less like this is unpopular and more like you just don't hear it over the obnoxiously loud fan base the franchise has. I agree - Smash Bros. has always been pretty damn mediocre in my eyes.

Geonjaha

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

bezerker99

Geonjaha wrote:

bezerker99 wrote:

The Smash Bros for 3DS demo is BORING! Just like the rest of the franchise!!!

There. I said it. And I feel better.

I feel less like this is unpopular and more like you just don't hear it over the obnoxiously loud fan base the franchise has. I agree - Smash Bros. has always been pretty damn mediocre in my eyes.

I own Brawl and Melee and have Smash Bros for Wii U preordered. With that said, you used the correct word here. Mediocre. Why do I have these games? I'm not sure. I never play them and I'm sure I'll get very little enjoyment from the Wii U iteration. Cheers~

Kyloctopus

The Revolution was a dumb name.
Wii was also a pretty dumb name but not dumber than Revolution.

Kyloctopus

3DS Friend Code: 4897-5952-1236 | Nintendo Network ID: Kyloctopus | Twitter:

Undead_terror

With Pokemon having 2 of nearly the same game per year and having exclusive pokemon and items that you can only get special events is a waste of money.

Edited on by Undead_terror

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic