Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 1,021 to 1,040 of 12,088

Chrono_Cross

Call of Duty 2 (2005) and Call Duty 4 Modern Warfare (2007) are both recent? The most recent Call of Duty listed was released in 2010.

User scores? Are you talking about the user reviews for CoD that are literally spam?

Venomx814 wrote:

Boooooooooooooo, same game, maps suck, 60 bucks for this lmao! I'm no fanboy but BF4 is way better and it's not that good. Just not the same sense cod 4

This guy totally played the game. You can tell by the valid points in his post.

You will find a lot more reviews like this from Battlefield fanboys, Halo fans, Nintendo fans, RPG fans, and so on, claiming it's the same game every year, it's no different than Call of Duty 4, it's a glorified map pack, it's killing the industry, and, once again, so on and so forth.

Until you can criticise the game(s) with valid points, I don't see Call of Duty as anything less than a great franchise that is literally coated in quality. If it wasn't, it wouldn't be such a hit.

kkslider5552000 wrote:

You're not very good at this, so I'll direct you to this one directly.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subjectivity

'he quality of possessing perspectives, experiences, feelings, beliefs, desires,[1] and/or power.'

The world is flat, I'm right because that's what I believe and that's my opinion and my opinion isn't wrong. Science? Facts, proof to the contrary?

Let me be snarky and post a link to why you're wrong.

because you are.

Edited on by Chrono_Cross

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

Betelgroose

I did not enjoy Luigis Mansion: Dark Moon Super Mario 3D World/Land
HURRAY FOR BEING DIFFERENT!

"From tiny acorns, mighty oak trees grow, and those oak trees have guns and are flipping awesome" -Bunny Lord
Uhhhh... I like potatoes...

3DS Friend Code: 1805-2393-2290 | Nintendo Network ID: Groose_Lord

Joetherocker

Chrono_Cross wrote:

Until you can criticise the game(s) with valid points, I don't see Call of Duty as anything less than a great franchise that is literally coated in quality. If it wasn't, it wouldn't be such a hit.

Popularity doesn't necessarily equal quality. For example, Adam Sandler movies and Rush Limbaugh.

That being said, CoD games themselves aren't terrible or anything, at best they're just generic FPS games. It's more the general lack of creativity and type of people these games represent (Screaming twelve year olds, drunk racist frat boys, etc.) that make me truly hate them.

Wild signature appeared!

3DS FC: 4270-1110-7770

Chrono_Cross

There's no need to fix what isn't broken. The franchise can't and shouldn't branch from the first person perspective in return for something drastically different. At its core, the franchise is a blockbuster war cinematic with arcade-like gameplay. If those kids and man childs annoy you so much, do what I do and mute them. There, I fixed a huge problem for you.

As for Adam Sandler, his continued success is actually due to his original SNL sketches and his quality performances in the 90s and early 00s. He's famous, just like Call of Duty.

Edited on by Chrono_Cross

Just for you.

Geonjaha

midnafanboy wrote:

The last of us is overrated, especially the story.

It's a pretty mediocre shooter, with an average story. I ended up watching the 'movie' version of it (All the cut scenes and story stuff without the gameplay) and it was basically a mediocre zombie story. With a terrible ending. Honestly that ending just makes me angry. D:<

WhiteNoise17 wrote:

Main series Pokemon games are starting to get boring, now don't get me wrong the games are good and still highly addictive but they haven't expanded upon the Battle and Trade formula, which still needs to be the basis, but rather than going on a new adventure with each new game I feel like I've been paying money to play an update in a with new settings, characters and with more of those creatures I love. I want a deeper experience with one like how you can interact with the world through what we've seen in its other forms( like the anime) having my own goal than just having to "catch em all" or playing online with the people who spend weeks to make his or her own elite fighting force to battle others, I don't know if they get bored and I'm not asking for a deep story of Love and friendship or "THE REAL TRUE POWER OF TEAMWORK", and I still love the games, I just wanna experience the poke-world my way.

cough Time to join the winning side cough :3
Untitled

Edited on by Geonjaha

Geonjaha

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

Oragami

Chrono_Cross wrote:

Call of Duty 2 (2005) and Call Duty 4 Modern Warfare (2007) are both recent? The most recent Call of Duty listed was released in 2010.

Call of Duty Ghosts was released in 2013. You're wrong.

Chrono_Cross wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

You're not very good at this, so I'll direct you to this one directly.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subjectivity

'he quality of possessing perspectives, experiences, feelings, beliefs, desires,[1] and/or power.'

The world is flat, I'm right because that's what I believe and that's my opinion and my opinion isn't wrong. Science? Facts, proof to the contrary?

Let me be snarky and post a link to why you're wrong.

because you are.

No, he is not. This entire thread is subjective. That's why these are opinions. And believing false facts isn't a opinion. Saying you think something is boring is an opinion, but saying the world is flat is not an opinion. When people say COD is boring, that is an opinion, but saying every COD game is literally the exact same is not an opinion, because it is simply untrue.
Again, you are wrong.

New PS4 owner
Yeah, guitars are cool.

My musical project Comet Tail made a couple of recordings.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0zUoWWO1v4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2evBddvrm2U

Mickey

I didn't like Halo 4 very much, actually. I say that as someone who enjoyed 3, ODST, and Reach, so don't you pull that "well, you're not a true fan" argument on me.

Here's another unpopular opinion: You don't have to like every game in a series to be a "true fan" of it.

8BitSamurai wrote:

I kinda like Adam Sandler.

I kinda think this is the Unpopular Gaming Opinions thread.

Regardless, it was very brave of you to admit that. I mean, not that I share the opinion or anything...

Edited on by Mickey

Formerly MickeyTheGreat and MickMick. Now I'm Mickey again!

The Mousekeloggery

Nintendo Network ID: MickeyTheGreat

Nintendo_Ninja

Rule for buying games: unless I can confidently, without a doubt, say that its legit, I don't buy stuff online. I prefer stores.

Nintendo ID Network: Nintendo_Ninja
Mario Maker ID: LR5-VQV-THG

Nintendo_Ninja

Came up with a few more:
Dragon Quest Monsters is underrated
Hunger Games is overrated
Dystopian future stuff is overrated
The ESRB is full of it
Starwars episode 2 and 3 weren't that bad
Animal Crossing is underrated
Sims isn't that good
The New Super Mario Bros franchise is pretty good
The fact that tournaments still play Melee is unbelievable.

Chrono_Cross

Oragami wrote:

Call of Duty Ghosts was released in 2013. You're wrong.

That I listed, guy. Everyone is aware of Ghosts.

No, he is not. This entire thread is subjective. That's why these are opinions. And believing false facts isn't a opinion. Saying you think something is boring is an opinion, but saying the world is flat is not an opinion. When people say COD is boring, that is an opinion, but saying every COD game is literally the exact same is not an opinion, because it is simply untrue.
Again, you are wrong.

Going by his and your logic, yes, the world being flat as a map can be an opinion. With enough ignorance, of course.

But what's really going on is that you're not fully understanding the discussion. As usual. If some of you think Call of Duty is boring and samey, that's fine, you're entitled to that opinion. But, if you're wondering why it's so popular and come to the conclusion that it's average and that's the reason, you're simply uneducated.

Let's take that Bombing Bastards game on the front page of this site. Seems neat, right? Well, too bad, judging from the review it's an average game on the Wii U eShop. Going by the logic of others, this game will sell millions by the end of the year. How exciting.

Just for you.

shingi_70

While Halo 4's multiplayer is pretty bad I felt the campgin and story telling in it and Spartan Ops are way above the bungie Halo games,

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

The_Fox

CaviarMeths wrote:

Did you intentionally avoid linking to all the recent CoD games with absolutely abysmal user scores on Metacritic? Ghosts is sitting at around 2/10 on most platforms.

Going by user scores on Metacritic is probably the worst possible way to judge the quality of a game. Metacritic is somewhat helpful for aggregating industry reviews but the user section is just awful.

Edited on by The_Fox

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

Ark

Chrono_Cross wrote:

If some of you think Call of Duty is boring and samey, that's fine, you're entitled to that opinion. But, if you're wondering why it's so popular and come to the conclusion that it's average and that's the reason, you're simply uneducated.

kkslider5552000, Oragami, and CaviarMeths never made this claim; the words "and" and "because" are not equivalents in English. If you genuinely believe the aforementioned parties expressed this sentiment, I would request that you reexamine the wording used in case I am mistaken.

This logic assumes that:
a) the default position for a game is "literally coated in quality" or that personal experience takes precedence in the absence of perceived validity.
a) popularity are quality are inextricably linked; factors such as marketing and awareness are irrelevant when examining how a game or franchise becomes mainstream.

Let's take that Bombing Bastards game on the front page of this site. Seems neat, right? Well, too bad, judging from the review it's an average game on the Wii U eShop. Going by the logic of others, this game will sell millions by the end of the year. How exciting. "

To reiterate, which "others" are you referring to, given that no individuals within the past few pages of this thread have made the claim that Call of Duty's quality or lack thereof was integral to its success? I assume you are intending to hold a discussion with those present in the thread rather than absent parties or conjure up hypothetical scenarios.

Edited on by Ark

Drobotic

Nintendo_Ninja wrote:

Came up with a few more:
The ESRB is full of it
Sims isn't that good

I didn't know The Hunger Games was a video game!

Currently playing:A little bit of everything :D
Fan of:Adventure Time,The Legend of Korra,The Amazing World of Gumball,Regular Show,Futurama,and gaming on handhelds,consoles,and the PC.

3DS Friend Code: 1332-8187-4581 | Nintendo Network ID: PSICadet

Nintendo_Ninja

Drobotic wrote:

Nintendo_Ninja wrote:

Came up with a few more:
The ESRB is full of it
Sims isn't that good

I didn't know The Hunger Games was a video game!

Forgot to add that it wasn't about gaming.

Nintendo_Ninja

technotaylor98 wrote:

Nintendo_Ninja wrote:

Came up with a few more:
The ESRB is full of it
Sims isn't that good

1. I'm not sure what direction you're saying it from. You mean they're too harsh, or too soft?
2. Agreed.
3. Agreed.

Too harsh with some things, and too soft with others (why is Dark Souls 2 T?)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic