Forums

Topic: Universal Recommendations Thread

Posts 961 to 980 of 1,946

Shane904

I will have 500 points left over after buying a game, and I've narrowed down my choices to these two games. I have a question about Soul of Darkness, though. Can you play it without the camera (like if you're in bed supposed to be sleeping)?

I love the good old brick breaker games, but I love the Castlevania games as well.

Edit: Also, whats the difficulty level of Soul of Darkness and how is it for the gameplay length?

Shane904

CanisWolfred

sak904 wrote:

I will have 500 points left over after buying a game, and I've narrowed down my choices to these two games. I have a question about Soul of Darkness, though. Can you play it without the camera (like if you're in bed supposed to be sleeping)?

I love the good old brick breaker games, but I love the Castlevania games as well.

Edit: Also, whats the difficulty level of Soul of Darkness and how is it for the gameplay length?

...psst...you forgot to mention the other game(s) that you said you were interested in.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun
Arooo~

I'm Glad the Switch was not a Sandwich Oven!

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6849-7569 | Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

Shane904

Mickeymac wrote:

sak904 wrote:

I will have 500 points left over after buying a game, and I've narrowed down my choices to these two games. I have a question about Soul of Darkness, though. Can you play it without the camera (like if you're in bed supposed to be sleeping)?

I love the good old brick breaker games, but I love the Castlevania games as well.

Edit: Also, whats the difficulty level of Soul of Darkness and how is it for the gameplay length?

...psst...you forgot to mention the other game(s) that you said you were interested in.

xD My bad. I copy and pasted it from my thread somewhere else that had the games in the title.

Soul of Darkness or Alphabounce.

Shane904

CanisWolfred

sak904 wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

sak904 wrote:

I will have 500 points left over after buying a game, and I've narrowed down my choices to these two games. I have a question about Soul of Darkness, though. Can you play it without the camera (like if you're in bed supposed to be sleeping)?

I love the good old brick breaker games, but I love the Castlevania games as well.

Edit: Also, whats the difficulty level of Soul of Darkness and how is it for the gameplay length?

...psst...you forgot to mention the other game(s) that you said you were interested in.

xD My bad. I copy and pasted it from my thread somewhere else that had the games in the title.

Soul of Darkness or Alphabounce.

Ooh! Go with AlphaBounce! It's one of the better Brick Breakers on DSi, adds some nice touches here and there, and it'll last you a lot longer. Soul of Darkness is just some watered down Castlevania clone on a console that already has 3 real (extremely good) Castlevanias. Just get yourself AlphaBounce and save up for a real Castlevania game (if you don't have them all already, and if you do, just replay them, maybe play one of the extra modes or something. You'd still be better off )

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun
Arooo~

I'm Glad the Switch was not a Sandwich Oven!

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6849-7569 | Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

BobberyFan98

Dangit! I can't decide out of these which to get first!

Which do you think I should get? (Also note that if it is a 800 Point game, I could still get another one that's priced at 500 ):

Budget: 1,300 Wii Points

Virtual Console:
Blazing Lasers (TG-16) 600 Wii Points
Bomberman 94' (TG-16 Import) 700 Wii Points
Cybernator (SNES) 800 Wii Points
Donkey Kong Country (SNES) 800 Wii Points
Galaga 90' (TG-16) 600 Wii Points
Gate of Thunder (TG-16) 800 Wii Points
Kirby Super Star (SNES) 800 Wii Points
Mario Tennis (N64) 1000 Wii Points
Pulseman (Genesis Import) 900 Wii Points
Soldier Blade (TG-16) 600 Wii Points
Star Parodier (TG-16 Import) 900 Wii Points

WiiWare:
Bejeweled 2 1000 Wii Points
Mega Man 10 1000 Wii Points
Tomena Sanner 500 Wii Points
Water Warfare 800 Wii Points

-BF98


Mario Kart Wii FC: 1762-5158-8929 Name: BobberyFan
Brawl FC: 2364-1754-7283 Name: BF98
ExciteBots FC: 0990-3629-1936 Name: Bobbery

Platypus

BobberyFan98 wrote:

Dangit! I can't decide out of these which to get first!

Which do you think I should get? (Also note that if it is a 800 Point game, I could still get another one that's priced at 500 ):

Budget: 1,300 Wii Points

Virtual Console:
Blazing Lasers (TG-16) 600 Wii Points
Bomberman 94' (TG-16 Import) 700 Wii Points
Cybernator (SNES) 800 Wii Points
Donkey Kong Country (SNES) 800 Wii Points
Galaga 90' (TG-16) 600 Wii Points
Gate of Thunder (TG-16) 800 Wii Points
Kirby Super Star (SNES) 800 Wii Points
Mario Tennis (N64) 1000 Wii Points
Pulseman (Genesis Import) 900 Wii Points
Soldier Blade (TG-16) 600 Wii Points
Star Parodier (TG-16 Import) 900 Wii Points

WiiWare:
Bejeweled 2 1000 Wii Points
Mega Man 10 1000 Wii Points
Tomena Sanner 500 Wii Points
Water Warfare 800 Wii Points

-BF98

Donkey Kong country by a mile

Wii code: 3761-1403-5495-2750PSN ID: Nintendodude686
Steam Community ID; Platypus

CanisWolfred

BobberyFan98 wrote:

Dangit! I can't decide out of these which to get first!

Which do you think I should get? (Also note that if it is a 800 Point game, I could still get another one that's priced at 500 ):

Budget: 1,300 Wii Points

Virtual Console:
Blazing Lasers (TG-16) 600 Wii Points
Bomberman 94' (TG-16 Import) 700 Wii Points
Cybernator (SNES) 800 Wii Points
Donkey Kong Country (SNES) 800 Wii Points
Galaga 90' (TG-16) 600 Wii Points
Gate of Thunder (TG-16) 800 Wii Points
Kirby Super Star (SNES) 800 Wii Points
Mario Tennis (N64) 1000 Wii Points
Pulseman (Genesis Import) 900 Wii Points
Soldier Blade (TG-16) 600 Wii Points
Star Parodier (TG-16 Import) 900 Wii Points

WiiWare:
Bejeweled 2 1000 Wii Points
Mega Man 10 1000 Wii Points
Tomena Sanner 500 Wii Points
Water Warfare 800 Wii Points

-BF98

Go with Gates of Thunder (the best Shoot 'em up on your list) and Tomana Sanner (the most crazy and addictive game you'll play on Wiiware).

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun
Arooo~

I'm Glad the Switch was not a Sandwich Oven!

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6849-7569 | Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

RandomWiiPlayer

Crackdown or Fable II?

The Game.

Is it after 9PM EST? You should probably ignore the above post.

CanisWolfred

RandomWiiPlayer wrote:

Crackdown or Fable II?

Rolls Dice Ummmm...pumpernickel. Wait, why did I put that on there?

But in all seriousness, that is a hard choice right there, since I enjoyed both games, and judging from what I know about your tastes, I think you have a pretty good chance of liking them both, too. What's your timeframe? The price, if you know? Do you have any prior knowledge of either game? I'll be back later when I'm not about to pass out.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun
Arooo~

I'm Glad the Switch was not a Sandwich Oven!

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6849-7569 | Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

RandomWiiPlayer

If it's a win-win situation, I'm think gonna go with Fable II. A RPG sounds good right about now, plus, I like dogs.

The Game.

Is it after 9PM EST? You should probably ignore the above post.

CanisWolfred

RandomWiiPlayer wrote:

If it's a win-win situation, I'm think gonna go with Fable II. A RPG sounds good right about now, plus, I like dogs.

Sounds good, mate! Have fun! I know I did!<3

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun
Arooo~

I'm Glad the Switch was not a Sandwich Oven!

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6849-7569 | Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

BobberyFan98

Well, I think these games I'm leaning towards Purchasing:

VC:
Kirby Super Star
Cybernator
Pulseman
Soldier Blade

WiiWare:
Nelson Tethers: Puzzle Agent
Mega Man 10
Tomena Sanner

Also know that I can buy more Wii Points. And to be specific, I have $63 bucks at the moment

-BF98


Mario Kart Wii FC: 1762-5158-8929 Name: BobberyFan
Brawl FC: 2364-1754-7283 Name: BF98
ExciteBots FC: 0990-3629-1936 Name: Bobbery

CanisWolfred

BobberyFan98 wrote:

Well, I think these games I'm leaning towards Purchasing:

VC:
Kirby Super Star
Cybernator
Pulseman
Soldier Blade

WiiWare:
Nelson Tethers: Puzzle Agent
Mega Man 10
Tomena Sanner

Also know that I can buy more Wii Points. And to be specific, I have $63 bucks at the moment

-BF98

Pulseman, Soldier Blade, and Tomana Sanner!<3 Those would be the ones I'd pick. Pulse Man is one of the better platformers on the Genesis, and certainly one of the best Genny Titles on VC. Soldier Blade is a great Shmup with a balanced difficulty an weapon system. Tomana Sanner is just so weird and rediculous, you just have to play it!

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun
Arooo~

I'm Glad the Switch was not a Sandwich Oven!

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6849-7569 | Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

turtlelink

Okay, I have $30. Should i:
1. Get DQ9, a game i really want
2. Get 3D dot game heroes another game i really want
3. Get Spirit Tracks, a game i kinda want
4. Save it up so i can get a SNES and EB in Fall.

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

TKOWL

BobberyFan98 wrote:

Well, I think these games I'm leaning towards Purchasing:

VC:
Kirby Super Star
Cybernator
Pulseman
Soldier Blade

WiiWare:
Nelson Tethers: Puzzle Agent
Mega Man 10
Tomena Sanner

Also know that I can buy more Wii Points. And to be specific, I have $63 bucks at the moment

-BF98

Get Mega Man 10 and Kirby Super Star (unless you already own the DS version, then buy Pulseman).

Backloggery | Art Blog

Nintendo Network ID: Ryanknight-TKOWL | Twitter:

Willerz

Mickeymac wrote:

Willerz wrote:

I've always wanted to try the Street Fighter games but there are so many on VC I'm not sure which to buy. Recommendations?

Either Super Street Fighter II: The New Challengers or Street Fighter Alpha 2 would be the perfect fit for you. If you're familiar with 2D Fighting games and have played some of the more complicated games in the genre, I'd recommend going with Alpha 2, since it's a deeper game that's a bit harder to learn. If you're new to the genre, or have only played simpler games such as Super Smash Bros. or Capcom VS. series, I'd suggest going with Super Street Fighter II, since it's a little simpler and easier to learn.

Ah! Thanks for the help.

Twitter || Backloggery

3DS: 3780 - 9266 - 7113

BobberyFan98

Out of the game's I listed, which will last me the longest?

-BF98


Mario Kart Wii FC: 1762-5158-8929 Name: BobberyFan
Brawl FC: 2364-1754-7283 Name: BF98
ExciteBots FC: 0990-3629-1936 Name: Bobbery

cheetahman91

turtlelink wrote:

Okay, I have $30. Should i:
1. Get DQ9, a game i really want
2. Get 3D dot game heroes another game i really want
3. Get Spirit Tracks, a game i kinda want
4. Save it up so i can get a SNES and EB in Fall.

I would go with option number 4.

Jesus is the only way.
It's OK to have an opinion. This ain't the Soviet Union you know.
Nintendolife Chatroom
Youtube Channel

Nintendo Network ID: cheetahman91

CanisWolfred

BobberyFan98 wrote:

Out of the game's I listed, which will last me the longest?

-BF98

Depends on your skill level. Pulseman and Soldier Blade are short, but are difficult enough that it will take you some time and practice to finish. You simply can't beat the the first time through. Soldier Blade also has a 2 Minute and 5 minute modes, which are pretty addicting if you like trying to beat your high scores. Pulseman is also fairly replayable with secrets and stuff to collect and find in every level.

Cybernator is the longest and the hardest, but the reason why I wouldn't recommend it is because much of that difficult stems from the control scheme, which can be off-putting for some.

Kirby Superstar Is the easiest and the shortest. It has multiple games to play, but if you're even moderately good at platformers, you'll have it completed in a weekend at most. So far I haven't really noticed much reason to go back to it, either.

Tomana Sanner is super short - you can beat it in an afternoon - but its highly replayable, with lots of secrets on every level, Multiple difficulty levels, and it'll take tons of practice if you intend to reach the top of the scoreboard.

Mega Man 10 is also pretty short, but its very hard, and has loads of replay value, especially if you get all the DLC. The only problem is that it really is the hardest Main series Mega Man game I've played, and I can't say I haven't made much progress yet, and not for a lack of trying. If your patience level is low, it probably won't last you too long. There is an easy mode, but its too easy - if you've ever beaten a Mega Man game before, you'll beat it in an afternoon, guaranteed.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun
Arooo~

I'm Glad the Switch was not a Sandwich Oven!

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6849-7569 | Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred

turtlelink wrote:

Okay, I have $30. Should i:
1. Get DQ9, a game i really want
2. Get 3D dot game heroes another game i really want
3. Get Spirit Tracks, a game i kinda want
4. Save it up so i can get a SNES and EB in Fall.

Get DQ9. It'll last you until you save up to get an SNES in the fall. Don't get Earthbound. It's not wirth the overly inflated price they're charging nowadays. You'd be better off spending the money on more affordable commodities and wait until Earthbound gets an inevitable rerelease.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun
Arooo~

I'm Glad the Switch was not a Sandwich Oven!

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6849-7569 | Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

Top

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic