Topic: Universal Recommendations Thread

Showing 941 to 960 of 1,757

AuthorMessage

turtlelink

941. Posted:

gaminguy wrote:

If you want to know go to http://www.metacritic.com/games/

:P

I never thought someone would post this in a Recommendation Thread.
:P

Edited on by turtlelink

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

AuthorMessage

MoFaJo

942. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

MoFaJo wrote:

alright, I want a game like MGS or Batman: Arkham asylum for wii or ds. I really like stealthy 3rd person games (also, I already have splinter cell for ds, and I loved it!)

This a joke, no?

Ummmm...no lol. Yes, splinter cell for ds wasn't recieved well by critics, but I actually liked it :D

[11:05] PhoenixFarron: That's how I answer all unknowns
[11:06] PhoenixFarron: 'Because they're all making out in there'

AuthorMessage

The_Ink_Pit_Ox

943. Posted:

I'm getting a Super Game Boy and Super Mario Land in the mail soon. However, my SNES broke, so I'll have to use my sister's GBA for a while. Should I get my own Game Boy or simply use hers? She doesn't seem to care.

Edited on by The_Ink_Pit_Ox

Friend code: 5370-0444-3461
Animal Crossing City Folk Code: 3053-5977-0373

AuthorMessage

turtlelink

944. Posted:

@Fox of the stars,
It would be cheaper if you can just get it from your sister and if it is in a good condition. If it isn't, laying down $30 wouldn't kill you to have your own GBA color. Plus you two can do multiplayer together such as 4 Swords and Mario Advane1-4 is she still plays/has the game.

Oh and just in case you guys and gals missed it, here is my problem from the last page:
Should i save up and get Modern Warfare 2, or should i get a Wii points card to get Pearl Harbor and eventually Sonic 4?
All my friends have MW2, but the other 2 seem like they may be some of the best games on wiiware and it would only cost about 1700 points total.

Edited on by turtlelink

TurtleLink's backloggery

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

945. Posted:

MoFaJo wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

MoFaJo wrote:

alright, I want a game like MGS or Batman: Arkham asylum for wii or ds. I really like stealthy 3rd person games (also, I already have splinter cell for ds, and I loved it!)

This a joke, no?

Ummmm...no lol. Yes, splinter cell for ds wasn't recieved well by critics, but I actually liked it :D

Oh, I read it wrong. I thought you said Metal Gear Solid and Arkahm Asylam were on the Wii or DS, or something of the sort. Just a note, the genre is usually called Stealth-Action, hence why Metal Gear Solid and Splinter Cell mention it on the box.

Anywho, the only one that comes to my mind is Tenchu: Shadow Assassins for the Wii.

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Xkhaoz

946. Posted:

Okay, I got the TV back in my room, and I have my Gamecube hooked up to it. So, what are the best Gamecube FPSs and RPGs? Also, what are the definitive, must have, super-awesome Gamecube games? And I'm trying to avoid M games, but I'll try only if it's total awesomesauce. EDIT: Also, are there any good open world games for Gamecube? And I'm also looking for some good multiplayer and co-op games.

Edited on by Xkhaoz

http://steamcommunity.com/id/xkhaoz

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

947. Posted:

Xkhaoz wrote:

Okay, I got the TV back in my room, and I have my Gamecube hooked up to it. So, what are the best Gamecube FPSs and RPGs? Also, what are the definitive, must have, super-awesome Gamecube games? And I'm trying to avoid M games, but I'll try only if it's total awesomesauce. EDIT: Also, are there any good open world games for Gamecube? And I'm also looking for some good multiplayer and co-op games.

• Best FPS: Timesplitters 2 and Time Splitters Future Perfect
  • Best RPGs(one of every type): Tales of Symphonia, Skies of Arcadia, Phantasy Star Online: Episode 1 & 2, Baiten Katos & BK: Origins, Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance
  • Best Open-World game: The Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction, unless I'm forgetting something
  • Best MP games: Timesplitters 2, Star Fox: Assault, MK: Double Dash, FF: Crystal Chronicals, LoZ: 4 Swords Adventures
  • Top 5 Must-Plays by Nintendo: Super Mario Sunshine, The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker, Pikmin 2, Metroid Prime, Chibi-Robo
  • Top 5 Must-Plays by Third Parties: Viewtiful Joe, Every Resident Evil game, Soul Calibur 2, Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time, Sonic Adventure 2: Battle
  • Also Recommended: Every Nintendo Published Game on the Gamecube, seriously, IMO they were at their best on this thing, and I can't think of a single game that wasn't enjoyable, except maybe Geist, I wasn't a huge fan of that game, but many others were. This is coming from a picky gamer who rarely likes what Nintendo puts out outside of a few select series.

...and that was just off the top of my head.XD

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

948. Posted:

turtlelink wrote:

@Fox of the stars,
It would be cheaper if you can just get it from your sister and if it is in a good condition. If it isn't, laying down $30 wouldn't kill you to have your own GBA color. Plus you two can do multiplayer together such as 4 Swords and Mario Advane1-4 is she still plays/has the game.

Oh and just in case you guys and gals missed it, here is my problem from the last page:
Should i save up and get Modern Warfare 2, or should i get a Wii points card to get Pearl Harbor and eventually Sonic 4?
All my friends have MW2, but the other 2 seem like they may be some of the best games on wiiware and it would only cost about 1700 points total.

Those Downloads will be there. The longer you wait on Modern Warfare 2, the harder it's gonna be for you to get good enough at it to last more than 3 seconds.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

turtlelink

949. Posted:

What do you mean it will last more than 3 seconds?

TurtleLink's backloggery

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

950. Posted:

turtlelink wrote:

It's very, very, very hard to last long in that game until you get the hand of things, trust me on that. Plus, there's always someone sneaking up behind you. You'd do good to remember that.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

MoFaJo

951. Posted:

alright, so they have this sell at Staples for "Buy 2 pc games for $9" which is GREAT! The only problem is Idk which two to get. The options are Medal of Honor Pacific Assualt, Tomb Raider: legend, and Battlefield: Vietnam

Which two should I get?

Edited on by MoFaJo

[11:05] PhoenixFarron: That's how I answer all unknowns
[11:06] PhoenixFarron: 'Because they're all making out in there'

AuthorMessage

turtlelink

952. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

turtlelink wrote:

It's very, very, very hard to last long in that game until you get the hand of things, trust me on that. Plus, there's always someone sneaking up behind you. You'd do good to remember that.

I played before, i know the tactics people have done. So i guess it will last longer than 3 seconds :D

TurtleLink's backloggery

AuthorMessage

Smileoscar

953. Posted:

Ok, so I'm going on a little trip for a week and a half, and I'm thinking of buying either Final Fantasy IX or Persona 3 Portable. What would you recommend?

I hear its amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space with the tuning fork does a raw blink on hari-kiri rock!!! I NEED SCISSORS!!! 61!!!

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

954. Posted:

MoFaJo wrote:

alright, so they have this sell at Staples for "Buy 2 pc games for $9" which is GREAT! The only problem is Idk which two to get. The options are Medal of Honor Pacific Assualt, Tomb Raider: legend, and Battlefield: Vietnam

Which two should I get?

Tomb Raider and Battlefield: Vietnam.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

955. Posted:

Smileoscar wrote:

Ok, so I'm going on a little trip for a week and a half, and I'm thinking of buying either Final Fantasy IX or Persona 3 Portable. What would you recommend?

Persona 3 Portable. It's a better all-around game, and much more "on the go" friendly since it was actually made to be portable. Plus, Persona 3 is just a great game, though and through. I'd say get it.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

UrbanYeti

956. Posted:

I have 50 bucks what wii game should i get

UrbanYeti

AuthorMessage

Meta-Rift

957. Posted:

UrbanYeti wrote:

That depends on what kind of games you like.

Edited on by Meta-Rift

Meta-Rift

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

958. Posted:

UrbanYeti wrote:

Ninja Bread Man.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

moomoo

959. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

UrbanYeti wrote:

Ninja Bread Man.

Anuis 2 or Balls of Fury.

In all seriousness, Mario Galaxy 1/2, Zelda: Twilight Princess, Smash Bros. Brawl, Mario Kart, Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom, No More Heroes 1/2 , Little Kings Story, Muramasa: The Demon Blade and Sin and Punishment: Star Successor are all good choices.

Edited on by moomoo

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

AuthorMessage

UrbanYeti

960. Posted:

you guys are being sarcastic? right? I heard those games sucked

UrbanYeti