General Discussion Forum

Topic: Universal Recommendations Thread

Showing 901 to 920 of 1,764

AuthorMessage

FonistofCruxis

901. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

mariofanatic128 wrote:

I haven't got any final fantasy games yet and I'd like to start. My friend said I should skip the first three because they don't have much story and I like rpgs with good story and characters. Do you agree with what my friend said?

I recently found out about the lost kingdoms games and I was wondering if anyone has them. If anyone does, what are they like and how good are they?

Yeah, the first 3 games have next to no real plot or story. They're pretty much a series of loosely connected events with an ending that doesn't have much relevance to the rest of the story (of course, as far as I can tell, that accurately describes half the series, not just the NES games). If you want a game with a good story, start with Final Fantasy 4. IMO, it has the best story in the whole series, and perhaps even the best on the SNES.

Thanks for the advice, now I just need someone to inform me on the lost kingdoms series.

Neilloggery

AuthorMessage

zezhyrule

902. Posted:

Should I get MH3 or wait for Metroid: Other M?

I have a Classic Controller Pro, btw

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] PhoenixCake: my brother is such a dope >___>.

AuthorMessage

Bloodysaber

903. Posted:

zezhyrule wrote:

Should I get MH3 or wait for Metroid: Other M?

I have a Classic Controller Pro, btw

MH3 because it will be the only game you'll play until Metroid comes out.

:D (And longer)

MHTri
Name: Saber ID: MKV2GQ Rank: 62 Weapon of Choice: Lance
Keyboard/No Wii Speak

AuthorMessage

Platypus

904. Posted:

soccer686 wrote:

I have 700 points
I was thinking of getting blaster master or castlevania 3 the problem is I don't want a game that's way too hard. I got life force which is waaaay to hard for me
also if there's any other really good RPG/adventure games that aren't slow paced and get boring fast....

Wanted to bring mine back since it hasn't been answered yet.

Wii code: 3761-1403-5495-2750PSN ID: Nintendodude686
Steam Community ID; Platypus

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

905. Posted:

soccer686 wrote:

soccer686 wrote:

I have 700 points
I was thinking of getting blaster master or castlevania 3 the problem is I don't want a game that's way too hard. I got life force which is waaaay to hard for me
also if there's any other really good RPG/adventure games that aren't slow paced and get boring fast....

Wanted to bring mine back since it hasn't been answered yet.

If only it weren't so hard to answer. It all depends on your preferences. really. What's too hard for you? I know you said Life Force, but I can tell you that I've played that game too, and I can't even get past the first level no matter how many times I try, yet I can make decent progress in Blaster Master and Castlevania 3 despite them being incredibly challenging games. Of course, that's mostly because I suck at shooter and have only once ever beaten one without cheating (it was on the easiest difficulty of course). I'll try my best at least:

• Blaster Master - It's one of those games that forces you to learn the levels and whatnot, mostly due to the 5-credit limit and the way the weapon system works (you lose weapon power levels the more you get hit). Of course, it's more like Contra or Metroid, in that once you know what you're doing and where to go, you'll be sailing through it like it was nothing. It really makes you feel like your time with it was well spent when you can get through an area you Game Overed in previously without losing a single life. In fact, once you're good enough at it, you can probably get through the whole game without losing a single credit.
  • Castlevania 3 - This is one of those games that'll really test your patience, since, while it's not exactly cheap, it is pure evil at times (2 levels are technically connected as one so you have to go back to the first, for example) but it's still fun, and it's one of those frustrating games that has you saying "Just one more try! I can do it if I give it just one more try!"

some other suggestions:

• StarTropics - an action/adventure more along the lines of Zelda, but far more action and platforming oriented. It's a toughie, but mostly due to some cheap stunts that are more like pranks that have you saying, "Good one, game, but you won't get me with that old trick again!" I loved it, but I know some people can't take a Joke. If you found yourself laughing after being knocked into a pit by an unexpected enemy that sprang up at the last possible moment, or when you encounter the same Mini-boss from Mega Man 9 3 times with massively different moves from before you got to the first checkpoint on that level (I can't be the only one who saw the humor in that, right?), then this would be the perfect game for you.
  • Neutopia - It's a straight up Zelda clone. It plays very much like the first Zelda game, but it's a little easier, and IMO, it's much better. It is the slowest paced out of the 4 I mentioned, but if you like Zelda, and you don't want something too frustrating, this would probably be your best bet.

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

irken004

906. Posted:

Soo War for Cybertron releases tomorrow, and I already plan on getting one of the DS versions. Now, should I get the Wii version to go along with it, or purchase some other Wii/DS game with it? I'm looking for some good 3rd person shooters or action/adventure games. Please note that I'm going to my Target store, and not a game specialty store like Gamestop.

Any suggestions?

Backloggery

AuthorMessage

Marzipaz

907. Posted:

Metroid prime hunters or Zelda Phantom hourglass?

I've owned phantom hourglass but it was used and the game craped out before it even got started (and boy did it look messed up)

So I've found decently priced copies of both of these but since I'm going on a holiday to florida soon I'm saving (to probably only buy more games there :P) So I can only buy one- Metroid is the cheaper of the two and the rarer too in Ireland.(probably elsewhere as well...)

Keep in mind I usually like rpgs, and first person shooters and my favorite game is probably Kingdom hearts right now.

Lets take his leather pants.

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

908. Posted:

Marzipaz wrote:

Metroid prime hunters or Zelda Phantom hourglass?

I've owned phantom hourglass but it was used and the game craped out before it even got started (and boy did it look messed up)

So I've found decently priced copies of both of these but since I'm going on a holiday to florida soon I'm saving (to probably only buy more games there :P) So I can only buy one- Metroid is the cheaper of the two and the rarer too in Ireland.(probably elsewhere as well...)

Keep in mind I usually like rpgs, and first person shooters and my favorite game is probably Kingdom hearts right now.

Just get Metroid Prime Hunters. It's a much better game anyways. It is more of an exploration-heavy FPSes, but it's a lot of fun, a decent length, and a great "on the go" FPS. Phantom Hourglass really isn't that good. The dungeons are terribly simplistic, and just serve as a tutorial level to learn how to use your weapon before you go back to the main (and rather repetitive) dungeon full of unkillable mosters that you have to stealth your way past Metal Gear Solid-style, which wouldn't be much of a problem if you weren't on a time limit and also had to solve puzzles (which usually involves hitting timed switches) on top of all that.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

909. Posted:

irken004 wrote:

Soo War for Cybertron releases tomorrow, and I already plan on getting one of the DS versions. Now, should I get the Wii version to go along with it, or purchase some other Wii/DS game with it? I'm looking for some good 3rd person shooters or action/adventure games. Please note that I'm going to my Target store, and not a game specialty store like Gamestop.

Any suggestions?

I can't remember, do you have an HD console? Because if so, I could recommend War for Cybertron without hesitation - it's pretty much Unreal Tournament with Transformers instead of spanable vehicles. However, I don't know how the Wii or DS versions are, though I can't imagine they'd be anywhere as good. I say wait for the review of the Wii version (they shouldn't be too far away).

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

irken004

910. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

I can't remember, do you have an HD console? Because if so, I could recommend War for Cybertron without hesitation - it's pretty much Unreal Tournament with Transformers instead of spanable vehicles. However, I don't know how the Wii or DS versions are, though I can't imagine they'd be anywhere as good. I say wait for the review of the Wii version (they shouldn't be too far away).

Sorry, no HD consoles. Only PS2, Wii, and DS.

Edited on by irken004

Backloggery

AuthorMessage

Marzipaz

911. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

Just get Metroid Prime Hunters. It's a much better game anyways. It is more of an exploration-heavy FPSes, but it's a lot of fun, a decent length, and a great "on the go" FPS. Phantom Hourglass really isn't that good. The dungeons are terribly simplistic, and just serve as a tutorial level to learn how to use your weapon before you go back to the main (and rather repetitive) dungeon full of unkillable mosters that you have to stealth your way past Metal Gear Solid-style, which wouldn't be much of a problem if you weren't on a time limit and also had to solve puzzles (which usually involves hitting timed switches) on top of all that.

Thank you ;_; That does not sound pleasant.

Lets take his leather pants.

AuthorMessage

BobberyFan98

912. Posted:

Alright guys, my Dark Cloud 2 disc that I ordered from GameStop won't work so I got a refund from them. Now, I have $18.13 added to my account. I wanted to ask you this: Should I save my Money (Since I have Jak & Daxter and Viewtiful Joe), But another copy of Dark Cloud 2, or buy another game?

If you want to recommend me something, here are ze rules:
Nothing with extreme sexual references aka suggestive themes (This also includes bad jokes)
Nothing with terribly crass language
Nothing too scary or extremely gory

Have fun!

-BF98 ;)

Mario Kart Wii FC: 1762-5158-8929 Name: BobberyFan
Brawl FC: 2364-1754-7283 Name: BF98
ExciteBots FC: 0990-3629-1936 Name: Bobbery

AuthorMessage

SuperMarioFan1995

913. Posted:

I would definitely recommend Zelda: Twilight Princess, either Wii or GCN. Wii version is the one I played, but not GCN.
Reasons:

1) Longer story
2) Bigger hub world system
3) Even more rupees to carry
4) Better graphics (...maybe)
5) Better combat system

I'd give Twilight Princess a 9/10. Great game.

Edited on by SuperMarioFan1995

Best thread ever.
Currently Playing:
Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Paper Mario (VC), Zelda: Majora's Mask (VC)
Formerly Nintendogames1000

AuthorMessage

irken004

914. Posted:

Which would you guys buy? (Pick one)
Red Steel 2
Tatsunoko vs Capcom
Metroid Prime Trilogy (even though I already have Metroid Prime 3)
Sin and Punishment 2

Backloggery

AuthorMessage

SSBbrawler08

915. Posted:

@irken004 - Tatsunoko vs Capcom

Photobucket | Backloggery
SSBB Friend Code: 0774 - 3945 - 4471
See you in anotha life, brotha.

AuthorMessage

FonistofCruxis

916. Posted:

@irken004 Sin and punishment 2

Neilloggery

AuthorMessage

Platypus

917. Posted:

BobberyFan98 wrote:

Alright guys, my Dark Cloud 2 disc that I ordered from GameStop won't work so I got a refund from them. Now, I have $18.13 added to my account. I wanted to ask you this: Should I save my Money (Since I have Jak & Daxter and Viewtiful Joe), But another copy of Dark Cloud 2, or buy another game?

If you want to recommend me something, here are ze rules:
Nothing with extreme sexual references aka suggestive themes (This also includes bad jokes)
Nothing with terribly crass language
Nothing too scary or extremely gory

Have fun!

-BF98 ;)

Well i've never played dark cloud but in terms of playstation games-
sly 2 or 3 or ratchet and clank up your arsenal are great games.

Wii code: 3761-1403-5495-2750PSN ID: Nintendodude686
Steam Community ID; Platypus

AuthorMessage

irken004

918. Posted:

mariofanatic128 wrote:

@irken004 Sin and punishment 2

Yeah, just bought it today :D

Backloggery

AuthorMessage

ejamer

919. Posted:

@BF98 - I'd keep looking for Dark Cloud 2 because it's a pretty cool game... but getting one of the Sly Cooper titles would be a solid choice too! (Great suggestion by soccer686!)

@irken004 - From that list, I'd pick Metroid Prime Trilogy because it offers the best bang for your buck with 3 full games inside... but after that I would pick TvsC then RS2 then S&P2 in that order. They are all awesome looking games though, so it's hard to go with with S&P2... let us know if you love the game!

ejamer

Nintendo Network ID: ejamer

AuthorMessage

SonicMaster

920. Posted:

Which one do you guys think is better: Kirby Super Star or Super Star Ultra?

I have trouble finishing games.
Current victims of shelving: Ni no Kuni, Dragon Quest VIII, Ratchet Deadlocked