AuthorMessage

BobberyFan98

881. Posted:

Hey guys, I am looking for a good game on VC in the following genres:
Fighting
RPG/Strategy
Action/Adventure/Platforming
Arcade

Since games weren't that bad back in the good ol' days, you probably don't need to go by these rules. But I might as well list them:
No sexual references (Revealing clothing on women, jokes. Please note that this rule I strongly go by, since, well, I am a male)
No crass language
Nothing too scary or extremely gory

Please note that I will most likely be getting Bejeweled 2, but since it doesn't have a designated price yet, I do not know how many Wii points I will have left over if I get it (I have 1,300).

-BF98 ;)

Edited on by BobberyFan98

Mario Kart Wii FC: 1762-5158-8929 Name: BobberyFan
Brawl FC: 2364-1754-7283 Name: BF98
ExciteBots FC: 0990-3629-1936 Name: Bobbery

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

882. Posted:

BobberyFan98 wrote:

Hey guys, I am looking for a good game on VC in the following genres:
Fighting
RPG/Strategy
Action/Adventure/Platforming
Arcade

Since games weren't that bad back in the good ol' days, you probably don't need to go by these rules. But I might as well list them:
No sexual references (Revealing clothing on women, jokes. Please note that this rule I strongly go by, since, well, I am a male)
No crass language

Please note that I will most likely be getting Bejeweled 2, but since it doesn't have a designated price yet, I do not know how many Wii points I will have left over if I get it (I have 1,300).

-BF98 ;)

Only one per genre? Man, this is going to be tough. I'm giving you two, since I don't know your tastes:

Fighting: Samurai Shodown II or Super Street Fighter 2, depending on your preferences/level of experience with the genre

Strategy: Shining Force or Ogre Battle or any Koei game, depending on how complex you like your strategy games.

RPG: Phantasy Star or Final Fantasy II, depending on whether you want an adventure/gringing-heavy game, or a story heavy game.

Action/Adventure/Platforming: Blaster Master or Super Metroid

Arcade: Mappy!!!!!!

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

BobberyFan98

883. Posted:

@Mickeymac: Got anything else mah boi? Or shall I summon the mighty recommending powers of StarBoy?

-BF98 ;)

AuthorMessage

SonicMaster

884. Posted:

Phantasy Star IV

I have trouble finishing games.
Current victims of shelving: Ni no Kuni, Dragon Quest VIII, Ratchet Deadlocked

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

885. Posted:

BobberyFan98 wrote:

@Mickeymac: Got anything else mah boi? Or shall I summon the mighty recommending powers of StarBoy?

-BF98 ;)

Yes, I do. I can throw a whole page at you if I wanted to. But you're indecisive enough as it is, so I'm not going to.

Mecha Wolf Prime

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Leshclen

886. Posted:

Does anybody know of a DS or Wii game with huge levels? Even larger than the ones in Banjo-Tooie? I love exploration.

Dah, this will work.

AuthorMessage

BobberyFan98

887. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

BobberyFan98 wrote:

-BF98 ;)

Yes, I do. I can throw a whole page at you if I wanted to. But you're indecisive enough as it is, so I'm not going to.

I think this time I can take the heat mah boi, so show meh dat list! :D

-BF98 ;)

AuthorMessage

BobberyFan98

888. Posted:

Hey guys, I now have a Sega Genesis that was just dropped on our doorstep last night (Found and almost stepped on by my Sister). I will be getting Controllers, Cable for the TV, and AC Adapter for it, since there was nothing with it but the system. But say, are there any games that I should get on it? Mainly good ones that aren't already on VC? And also, do you think I should get the 6-button Controller or 3-button controller? (The 6-button is easier to come by ;)).

-BF98 ;)

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

889. Posted:

BobberyFan98 wrote:

Hey guys, I now have a Sega Genesis that was just dropped on our doorstep last night (Found and almost stepped on by my Sister). I will be getting Controllers, Cable for the TV, and AC Adapter for it, since there was nothing with it but the system. But say, are there any games that I should get on it? Mainly good ones that aren't already on VC? And also, do you think I should get the 6-button Controller or 3-button controller? (The 6-button is easier to come by ;)).

-BF98 ;)

Rocket Knight Adventure, for one. I'll get back on some more, since I know I had a whole list somewhere from when I found a good Genesis review site. In the meantime, I'll give you the link: http://www.sega-16.com/reviews.php?sys=Genesis

Mecha Wolf Prime

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

BobberyFan98

890. Posted:

Say, can somebody recommend me some good titles for PS2, GameCube, and Wii $19.99 and under and can be found at GameStop?

Here are ze rules yet again:
No sexual references or content (Revealing women and jokes. Don't list the game if this stuff is fluent in the game. However, if it is minor, list it and I will look it up to see if I can play it ;))
No terribly crass language
Nothing higher than the rating Teen

Here are some titles I was already thinking about:
Kingdom Hearts 2, Dark Cloud 2, Viewtiful Joe 2, Jak & Daxter: The Precursor Legacy, and Final Fantasy X.

On your mark, get set, GO!

-BF98 ;)

AuthorMessage

turtlelink

891. Posted:

I am getting a PS3 next week and was wanting a Sonic game. Should i get Sonic Unleashed? I played my cousins copy and it was really fun so i know i will like it or should i get Sega Superstar Racing? It seems fun but the wii version seems better. You know,more control schemes, and usage of Miis. So which one?

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

AuthorMessage

mecoy

892. Posted:

get final fantasy x best one ever you can probably see

Edited on by mecoy

mecoy

AuthorMessage

Platypus

893. Posted:

I have 700 points
I was thinking of getting blaster master or castlevania 3 the problem is I don't want a game that's way too hard. I got life force which is waaaay to hard for me
also if there's any other really good RPG/adventure games that aren't slow paced and get boring fast....

Wii code: 3761-1403-5495-2750PSN ID: Nintendodude686
Steam Community ID; Platypus

AuthorMessage

FonistofCruxis

894. Posted:

I haven't got any final fantasy games yet and I'd like to start. My friend said I should skip the first three because they don't have much story and I like rpgs with good story and characters. Do you agree with what my friend said?

I recently found out about the lost kingdoms games and I was wondering if anyone has them. If anyone does, what are they like and how good are they?

Neilloggery

AuthorMessage

Bloodysaber

895. Posted:

Need a list of games that I HAVE to own for a standard Wii library. Already own quite a few, but I know I'm missing many, many more.

What I currently have:
(Just about every game with Mario in the title, to shorten this list)
Monster Hunter Tri.
Fatal Frame 4
Okami
Trauma Center
Wii Sports Restort
Metroid Prime Trilogy
Tatsunoko Vs Capcom
No More Heroes
No More Heroes 2

MHTri
Name: Saber ID: MKV2GQ Rank: 62 Weapon of Choice: Lance
Keyboard/No Wii Speak

AuthorMessage

moomoo

896. Posted:

@Bloodysaber: You need Twilight Princess, Zack and Wiki, and World of Goo, and Muramasa: The Demon Blade, Super Paper Mario and Little King's Story are great choices. If you don't have another console, Rock Band 2 is a fantastic game.

Also, in 2 and a half weeks is my birthday, and I'll be getting a PSP with Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker. I'll definitely be getting the Patapon games, but what else should I get? I don't like God of War and I've never owned a PS1 before, so all of the classics are open.

Edited on by moomoo

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

AuthorMessage

M00se

897. Posted:

need help deciding whether i should get infamous or rachet and clank future a crack in time!

PSN ID: brucethemoose904
3DS FC: 3566-2025-1426
My Music: http://djm00se.bandcamp.com/
Previously known as: BB_Thrilla

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

898. Posted:

BB+Thrilla wrote:

need help deciding whether i should get infamous or rachet and clank future a crack in time!

Ratchet & Clank, because it's awesome, and because inFamous will inevitably be made obsolete by its samish-but-still-improved sequel.

Mecha Wolf Prime

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

899. Posted:

mariofanatic128 wrote:

I haven't got any final fantasy games yet and I'd like to start. My friend said I should skip the first three because they don't have much story and I like rpgs with good story and characters. Do you agree with what my friend said?

I recently found out about the lost kingdoms games and I was wondering if anyone has them. If anyone does, what are they like and how good are they?

Yeah, the first 3 games have next to no real plot or story. They're pretty much a series of loosely connected events with an ending that doesn't have much relevance to the rest of the story (of course, as far as I can tell, that accurately describes half the series, not just the NES games). If you want a game with a good story, start with Final Fantasy 4. IMO, it has the best story in the whole series, and perhaps even the best on the SNES.

Mecha Wolf Prime

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

FonistofCruxis

900. Posted:

@bloodysaber I recommend warioware smooth moves, wario land the shake dimension, resident evil 4 and punch-out.

Neilloggery