General Discussion Forum

Topic: Universal Recommendations Thread

Showing 841 to 860 of 1,777

AuthorMessage
Avatar

BobberyFan98

841. Posted:

OMG Yes! Bejeweled 2 is coming to WiiWare and Kirby Super Star is out!

Which I am asking this: if Bejeweled 2 is only 500 Wii points (hopefully), do you think that along with Kirby Super Star is a good combination? I don't know why I am asking this qustion! I have an amazing feeling about this and I will wait until Bejeweled 2 is released! WAHOO! :D

-BF98 ;)


Mario Kart Wii FC: 1762-5158-8929 Name: BobberyFan
Brawl FC: 2364-1754-7283 Name: BF98
ExciteBots FC: 0990-3629-1936 Name: Bobbery

AuthorMessage
Avatar

BobberyFan98

842. Posted:

Say guy's, out of these, which should be my next purchase/pre-order?:
Monster Hunter 3 (Tri) Classic Controller Pro Bundle
Metroid: Other M
The Conduit 2

-BF98 ;)

Edited on by BobberyFan98


Mario Kart Wii FC: 1762-5158-8929 Name: BobberyFan
Brawl FC: 2364-1754-7283 Name: BF98
ExciteBots FC: 0990-3629-1936 Name: Bobbery

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

843. Posted:

BobberyFan98 wrote:

Say guy's, out of these, which should be my next purchase/pre-order?:
Monster Hunter 3 (Tri) Classic Controller Pro Bundle
Metroid: Other M
The Conduit 2

-BF98 ;)

...I'm pretty sure Monster Hunters Tri came out weeks ago.:P Including the bundle. Out of the three, I'd suggest Metroid Other M, if only because High Voltage has yet to make a game that has ever risen above "decent", and are generally outclassed by games that came out 10+ years ago. You're better off waiting until it comes out before you and hear what people say about The Conduit 2 before you decide whether or not you want to spend $50 on it. Granted, I could say that about all of these. I don't think it's a good idea to preorder something unless you're absolutely sure you're gonna love it, and/or it's gonna be rare, and/or it has a really good bonus. If you're not sure, don't bother. Better safe than sorry. If the Monster Hunters Tri bundle is still good, I'd say go with that, since even if it's the the greatest game in the world, you'll get something good out of it.

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Xkhaoz

844. Posted:

Okay, I'm planning on getting a point card for my DSi. I'm thinking X-scape and Shanate, so then I'll have 500 points left, what should I get?

http://steamcommunity.com/id/xkhaoz

AuthorMessage
Avatar

BobberyFan98

845. Posted:

Alright guy's, out of these, which would you choose?:

Used copy of Monster Hunter Tri with a Classic Controller Pro purchased with it:
Price: $59.24

Used copy of Kingdom Hearts:
Price: $18.31

Used copy of Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (PS2)
Price: $21.54

Might I also add, you are free to recommend me games as well.

I think I am looking for a game that is longer than other games and has a difficulty that is just right.

The rules to go by are the usual:
No sexual references (Jokes and revealing women also qualify for this).
No crass language.
Nothing too extremely like an anime.
Nothing too scary or extremely gory.

I hope you have fun!

-BF98 ;)


Mario Kart Wii FC: 1762-5158-8929 Name: BobberyFan
Brawl FC: 2364-1754-7283 Name: BF98
ExciteBots FC: 0990-3629-1936 Name: Bobbery

AuthorMessage
Avatar

irken004

846. Posted:

@BobberyFan U could get a NEW copy of MH Tri for that price. Thus, I wouldn't recommend that option. I believe you may also be able to find cheaper used copies of the other games u mentioned (especially Kingdom Hearts, I can find that for $10 or less used)

But, if I was u, I'd get Kingdom Hearts. It has that good difficulty and length that you are looking for.

Backloggery

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

847. Posted:

Should I get Kirby Superstars or Ogre Battle? I know I'll enjoy Ogre Battle more - I've played it before and beat the first few levels. However, it's a very long game, and I don't have a lot of time. Should I get Kirby Super Star instead, since I'll actually finish it?

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

turtlelink

848. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

Should I get Kirby Superstars or Ogre Battle? I know I'll enjoy Ogre Battle more - I've played it before and beat the first few levels. However, it's a very long game, and I don't have a lot of time. Should I get Kirby Super Star instead, since I'll actually finish it?

SS is a great game to have if you don't have much time to play games (such as 30 minutes a day) because the gamepay modes aren't that long. Though i am not sure if they are different from the DS version, the real platforming modes take about 15-30 minutes to beat if i recall correctly. The stages are pretty much what you would expect from a normal kirby game, so if you like the main series you would really like this. Plus there is a Boss Rush mode and a Halberd infiltration mode too if you have any time.
I hope this helped you and sorry for not telling you anything on Ogre Battle. I haven't played that one yet.

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WiiPS2Guy

849. Posted:

New Super Mario Bros. Wii or Super Mario Galaxy 2 ? Should I get New Super Mario Bros. Wii for $35.00 or Galaxy 2 for $50.00. I have not played either one and want both, but can only afford one.

WiiPS2Guy

AuthorMessage
Avatar

V8_Ninja

850. Posted:

@WiiPS2Guy Definitely Super Mario galaxy 2. While NSMBW is fun, it doesn't even compare to Galaxy 2 in the amount of fun you'll have.

Thanks given to Xkhaoz for that one avatar.
Please contact me before using my custom avatar!
A (Former) Reviewer for Digitally Downloaded.net
My Backloggery, My Anime List, and My Blog
You can email me here.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Oregano

851. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

Should I get Kirby Superstars or Ogre Battle? I know I'll enjoy Ogre Battle more - I've played it before and beat the first few levels. However, it's a very long game, and I don't have a lot of time. Should I get Kirby Super Star instead, since I'll actually finish it?

I'd say go with Kirby honestly, I love RPGs but don't have time to play through them nowadays and I got Ogre Battle but only played it for about an hour, it's very slow as well so there's a lack of sense of progression.

http://www.gaminggauge.com/
My new gaming website!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

852. Posted:

turtlelink wrote:

The stages are pretty much what you would expect from a normal kirby game, so if you like the main series you would really like this.

You see, that alone might be a problem. I didn't think about that. Kirby's Adventure and its remake are the only main series Kirby games that I enjoyed. Every other games I played I felt were very disappointing and bland. How is this game compared to Kirby's Adventure?

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

BobberyFan98

853. Posted:

@irken004: That's the price of both of those combined ;)

I really need to say though, its really either Kingdom Hearts or Monster Hunter Tri ;)

-BF98 ;)


Mario Kart Wii FC: 1762-5158-8929 Name: BobberyFan
Brawl FC: 2364-1754-7283 Name: BF98
ExciteBots FC: 0990-3629-1936 Name: Bobbery

AuthorMessage
Avatar

turtlelink

854. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

turtlelink wrote:

The stages are pretty much what you would expect from a normal kirby game, so if you like the main series you would really like this.

You see, that alone might be a problem. I didn't think about that. Kirby's Adventure and its remake are the only main series Kirby games that I enjoyed. Every other games I played I felt were very disappointing and bland. How is this game compared to Kirby's Adventure?

Truth is, i only played a few minutes of Adventure. There is only 10 levels in this one (not sure how many in Kirby's Adventure)
and they seem pretty short. From what i have played, they seem to be what you would expect from a kirby game nowadays. Straight platforming and many enemies to absorb along with those midway bosses.

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

855. Posted:

BobberyFan98 wrote:

@irken004: That's the price of both of those combined ;)

I really need to say though, its really either Kingdom Hearts or Monster Hunter Tri ;)

-BF98 ;)

But you don't understand...you could get it brand spanking new for that price. If you're not saving money, you're defeating the entire purpose of buying it used.

turtlelink wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

turtlelink wrote:

The stages are pretty much what you would expect from a normal kirby game, so if you like the main series you would really like this.

You see, that alone might be a problem. I didn't think about that. Kirby's Adventure and its remake are the only main series Kirby games that I enjoyed. Every other games I played I felt were very disappointing and bland. How is this game compared to Kirby's Adventure?

Truth is, i only played a few minutes of Adventure. There is only 10 levels in this one (not sure how many in Kirby's Adventure)
and they seem pretty short. From what i have played, they seem to be what you would expect from a kirby game nowadays. Straight platforming and many enemies to absorb along with those midway bosses.

Okay...you know what? Screw it. I'm getting Ogre Battle. At least I know I'll enjoy it.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

irken004

856. Posted:

BobberyFan98 wrote:

@irken004: That's the price of both of those combined ;)

I really need to say though, its really either Kingdom Hearts or Monster Hunter Tri ;)

-BF98 ;)

MH Tri. More bang for your buck.

Backloggery

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RallyFTW

857. Posted:

Who's interested in what?

XBL- TheRallyFTW
Brawl FC- 2278-4523-0777
Skype- TheRallyFTW

"My, what great connection you have!"

I used to be immature, but then I took a reality to the knee. And by that, I mean that Microsoft banned me for no reason.

Twitter: WowPabs

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

858. Posted:

Rally wrote:

Who's interested in what?

I dunno. Oh, here's an idea: why don't you try doing a little somethin' called "reading?" Maybe then you'll find out?

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SuperMarioFan96

859. Posted:

WiiPS2Guy wrote:

New Super Mario Bros. Wii or Super Mario Galaxy 2 ? Should I get New Super Mario Bros. Wii for $35.00 or Galaxy 2 for $50.00. I have not played either one and want both, but can only afford one.

Normally I'd say Galaxy 2 easy, but you might want to take advantage of NSMBW being $35, I doubt that price is permanent. However, Galaxy 2 is definetely the better game.

"Oooh, yes I said it! I said it! I said it 'cause I caaan!"
My Backloggery

AuthorMessage
Avatar

BobberyFan98

860. Posted:

@Mickeymac: Have you not realized that the price of a new Monster Hunter Tri Classic Controller Pro bundle has spiked up and is really high since the game was released? The only other way would be to try out eBay ;) (Which I don't like doing very much).

EDIT: Well, I decided to look up the bundle, at look at this great deal on it!: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120577...

-BF98 ;)

Edited on by BobberyFan98


Mario Kart Wii FC: 1762-5158-8929 Name: BobberyFan
Brawl FC: 2364-1754-7283 Name: BF98
ExciteBots FC: 0990-3629-1936 Name: Bobbery