Showing 821 to 840 of 1,771

AuthorMessage

turtlelink

821. Posted:

Ok. Should i get a Nintendo Points Card for my DSi and get
-Minis March Again
-Pictobots
-Something else
or should i get Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon?
I was always interested in the series, and i like the genre, so i was wondering if this would be a great game to start with (if not i was thinking about getting Path of Radiance)

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

AuthorMessage

V8_Ninja

822. Posted:

Hey, guys, I'm thinking about getting Split/Second for PC. It's $30 on Amazon, but if I do get it I'll have to wait a good few weeks until I am able to get SMG2. Any objections?

Thanks given to Xkhaoz for that one avatar.
Please contact me before using my custom avatar!
A (Former) Reviewer for Digitally Downloaded.net
My Backloggery, My Anime List, and My Blog
You can email me here.

AuthorMessage

turtlelink

823. Posted:

V8+Ninja wrote:

Hey, guys, I'm thinking about getting Split/Second for PC. It's $30 on Amazon, but if I do get it I'll have to wait a good few weeks until I am able to get SMG2. Any objections?

Yes!

TurtleLink's backloggery

AuthorMessage

CharlieRod

824. Posted:

@turtlelink
I would get the points card(my opinion may not matter as much though because I'm not a fan of Fire Emblem) and get PictoBits, Maio Mini's, and the crazy golf(something like that) I own the other games besides the golf one.
Edit: sorry, the golf one is 500 points...

@V8 ninja
I would just get Super Mario Galaxy, but if the deal is temporary for Split/Second, go for it.

Edited on by CharlieRod

Wii #: 2251-9414-6049-5297/MKW#:2364-9185-0872/SSBB#:3739-3462-6792
PSN: Rodriquez608
Get up. You'll be ok-
The brightest light is in the darkest of surroundings.
If you could rearrange, change, or delete your memory, would you?

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

825. Posted:

V8+Ninja wrote:

And a few weeks you can wait. $30 for a new game is a steal. Get it!

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

BobberyFan98

826. Posted:

Alright, I am asking if I should use my GameStop gift card towards either Kingdom Hearts or Monster Hunter 3 (Tri) Classic Controller Pro bundle.

What do you think I should do?

-BF98 ;)

Mario Kart Wii FC: 1762-5158-8929 Name: BobberyFan
Brawl FC: 2364-1754-7283 Name: BF98
ExciteBots FC: 0990-3629-1936 Name: Bobbery

AuthorMessage

WildPidgeyAppears

827. Posted:

After some deliberation with self in that WiiWare thread (sorry, didn't know staff was trying to clean up individual recommendation threads), I'm almost 100% convinced that of the 1200 point games I can get, I should get Sin & Punishment over Cave Story. Objections?

Dear Sega and Nintendo: a Sonichu game would totally rock, make it happen!
Backloggery

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

828. Posted:

BobberyFan98 wrote:

Alright, I am asking if I should use my GameStop gift card towards either Kingdom Hearts or Monster Hunter 3 (Tri) Classic Controller Pro bundle.

-BF98 ;)

Which Kingdom Hearts?

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

829. Posted:

WildPidgeyAppears wrote:

After some deliberation with self in that WiiWare thread (sorry, didn't know staff was trying to clean up individual recommendation threads), I'm almost 100% convinced that of the 1200 point games I can get, I should get Sin & Punishment over Cave Story. Objections?

None, since Sin & Punishment is the second greatest Rail Shooter ever, and Cave Story is free on the PC.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

WildPidgeyAppears

830. Posted:

Second greatest? What's the first greatest? (Star Fox 64, that's the best one ever for me!)

Backloggery

AuthorMessage

WildPidgeyAppears

831. Posted:

BobberyFan98 wrote:

-BF98 ;)

I'd go with Monster Hunter. That might be mostly because I lost interest in KH after the first game...I'd go into a diatribe but it would involve many terms insulting those obsessed with Japanese culture.

Backloggery

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

832. Posted:

WildPidgeyAppears wrote:

Second greatest? What's the first greatest? (Star Fox 64, that's the best one ever for me!)

Star Fox 64 is the greatest, and probably always will be.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Ravage

833. Posted:

V8+Ninja wrote:

Watched a reiew of Split/Second, it sounds like it would be a good rental, but all of the events are scripted and become kind of boring after a little while. Plus it was also compared to being a game full of blue shells. Some of the events were well thought out, but some you just can`t avoid and feel a little cheap.

Sean Aaron ~ "The secret is out: I'm really an American cat-girl."
Q: How many physicists does it take to change a light bulb?
A: Two, one to hold the light bulb, the other to rotate the universe.
Just Say No To Toast!

AuthorMessage

turtlelink

834. Posted:

Can I get anymore reccomendations please?

TurtleLink's backloggery

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

835. Posted:

turtlelink wrote:

Get Fire Emblem, of course. It's a very good game for beginners to the series since it's much more forgiving and gives you generic characters that you're expected to use as sacrifices, so you actually afford to take chances, I always hated Fire Emblem because they always have you out numbered 5 to 1 and you can rarely afford to let anyone die, especially if you don't want to be screwed in the later missions. At least in Shadow Dragon you don't have to restart every time someone dies (unless it's someone vitally important).

The only problems with it are that the story isn't very good and the characters aren't that interesting, since it's a remake of the NES original, which didn't have much of a story at all and was very close to Famicom Wars, which is what the whole series was based on. Since you're a fan of the genre, and I'm assuming you're interested in it for the gameplay, those problems shouldn't affect you. Just skip the crumby dialogue and you'll be fine.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

BobberyFan98

836. Posted:

I have been recommended by my only Nerd friend that I would Love Kingdom Hearts. He told me though that I need to play the first since I will be completely lost if I go ahead and play 2. I want both of these games, but I can't decide which to get first!

Also, I am thinking about getting an Xbox 360 Go Pro sometime, probably this Christmas hopefully. I am wondering though if I will get any enjoyment out of it, seeing as though I am not allowed to play M-rated games. I have already decided if I do, I am going to get Star Wars: The Force Unleashed and Skate 2, but is there anything else I would like?

Here are some rules to go by:
No higher rating than Teen.
No sexual content or references (Revealing women, jokes, etc.)
Nothing too scary or extremely gory.

Have fun good sir's and good mam's!

-BF98 ;)

Edited on by BobberyFan98

Mario Kart Wii FC: 1762-5158-8929 Name: BobberyFan
Brawl FC: 2364-1754-7283 Name: BF98
ExciteBots FC: 0990-3629-1936 Name: Bobbery

AuthorMessage

Ravage

837. Posted:

@BobberyFan98: You should check out this one thread, hang on as I find the thread.
http://www.nintendolife.com/forums/other_gaming/good_games_fo...

Edited on by Ravage

Sean Aaron ~ "The secret is out: I'm really an American cat-girl."
Q: How many physicists does it take to change a light bulb?
A: Two, one to hold the light bulb, the other to rotate the universe.
Just Say No To Toast!

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

838. Posted:

BobberyFan98 wrote:

I have been recommended by my only Nerd friend that I would Love Kingdom Hearts. He told me though that I need to play the first since I will be completely lost if I go ahead and play 2. I want both of these games, but I can't decide which to get first!

Also, I am thinking about getting an Xbox 360 Go Pro sometime, probably this Christmas hopefully. I am wondering though if I will get any enjoyment out of it, seeing as though I am not allowed to play M-rated games. I have already decided if I do, I am going to get Star Wars: The Force Unleashed and Skate 2, but is there anything else I would like?

-BF98 ;)

Get Kingdom Hearts 1. The story in Kingdom Hearts 2 is hard enough to follow as is. You'd be completely lost if you played it before Kingdom Hearts 1. In fact, make sure you get RE: Chain of Memories, too. It connects the stories of the first two games.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

turtlelink

839. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

turtlelink wrote:

Get Fire Emblem, of course. It's a very good game for beginners to the series since it's much more forgiving and gives you generic characters that you're expected to use as sacrifices, so you actually afford to take chances, I always hated Fire Emblem because they always have you out numbered 5 to 1 and you can rarely afford to let anyone die, especially if you don't want to be screwed in the later missions. At least in Shadow Dragon you don't have to restart every time someone dies (unless it's someone vitally important).

The only problems with it are that the story isn't very good and the characters aren't that interesting, since it's a remake of the NES original, which didn't have much of a story at all and was very close to Famicom Wars, which is what the whole series was based on. Since you're a fan of the genre, and I'm assuming you're interested in it for the gameplay, those problems shouldn't affect you. Just skip the crumby dialogue and you'll be fine.

Thank you mickeymac. I have finally made a decision and now have 30 dollars reserved for it till sunday! :)
Also, when you say that there are usually 5 to 1, other Fire Emblem games don't allow you to recruit soldiers, or just not as much?

TurtleLink's backloggery

AuthorMessage

turtlelink

840. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

BobberyFan98 wrote:

-BF98 ;)

Get Kingdom Hearts 1. The story in Kingdom Hearts 2 is hard enough to follow as is. You'd be completely lost if you played it before Kingdom Hearts 1. In fact, make sure you get RE: Chain of Memories, too. It connects the stories of the first two games.

Yes. Go with what mickey mac says. The story would be completely wierd if you don't start with the first one. (i never finished that one and got the second from a shipping place that screwed up the order)

TurtleLink's backloggery