General Discussion Forum

Topic: Universal Recommendations Thread

Showing 801 to 820 of 1,761

AuthorMessage

BobberyFan98

801. Posted:

LIAR! KINGDOM HEARTS 2 IS BETTAH!

IMO, Kingdom Hearts 1 is childish. Sora is like some 5 year old, and so is everybody else. Kingdom Hearts 2 makes him look more like a teen then the last game. The Gummy Ship is improved, the cutscenes can be skipped, and overall better than 1.

This yet again is IMO.

I think I will get either Ratchet & Clank or Jak & Daxter first, then maybe Kingdom Hearts 2 later.

-BF98 ;)

Mario Kart Wii FC: 1762-5158-8929 Name: BobberyFan
Brawl FC: 2364-1754-7283 Name: BF98
ExciteBots FC: 0990-3629-1936 Name: Bobbery

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

802. Posted:

BobberyFan98 wrote:

LIAR! KINGDOM HEARTS 2 IS BETTAH!

IMO, Kingdom Hearts 1 is childish. Sora is like some 5 year old, and so is everybody else. Kingdom Hearts 2 makes him look more like a teen then the last game. The Gummy Ship is improved, the cutscenes can be skipped, and overall better than 1.

This yet again is IMO.

I think I will get either Ratchet & Clank or Jak & Daxter first, then maybe Kingdom Hearts 2 later.

-BF98 ;)

Sounds like a good plan. Hope it works out.

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

V8_Ninja

803. Posted:

@BF98 I kinda agree with the whole "Child-ish" notion, but the thing with KHII is that the gameplay feels very dumbed-down compared to the original. I understand that the gameplay is already very simple to begin with, but the difference is in the difficulty curve. The first game had an almost brilliant difficulty curve, making it so that it forced you to fall back, use potions, and etc. The second game kinda dumbs down the curve so that it feels like you're just smashing the X button whenever you come across a group of regular baddies. Oh, and the left analog stick is now the menu scrolling tool, meaning that you can't move around the fighting area and select whatever you need from the menu, which made me yell with frustration a couple of times.

Thanks given to Xkhaoz for that one avatar.
Please contact me before using my custom avatar!
A (Former) Reviewer for Digitally Downloaded.net
My Backloggery, My Anime List, and My Blog
You can email me here.

AuthorMessage

turtlelink

804. Posted:

I always liked KH2 better. Oh well, BBS, here i come :).

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

AuthorMessage

Leshclen

805. Posted:

I've got 800 points left on my Wii and I'm stuck between some games.

Super Metroid - Never played it, didn't like Metroid Prime Trilogy but since it's not FPS I might get it.
Bit. Trip Runner - I'm addicted to Bit. Trip Void and I'm interested in this one.
Ristar - I don't like Sonic games so I'm confused on this one.

If there are any other great games 800 points or under, tell me. I already have some of the classic games such as the Mario ones, DKC, and a lot of Mega Man. My favorite genre is RPG along with platformers and TPS like Dark Void Zero, which I'm addicted to. I sort of like puzzle games but I hate almost everything Art Style and the demo of Bit. Trip Beat. Favorite Wiiware games are Rage of the Gladiator and Cave Story. I also enjoy games with a good challenge. Any suggestions?

Dah, this will work.

AuthorMessage

NotEnoughGolds

806. Posted:

@Leshclen: If your favorite genre is RPG then you should really check out Ys Book I & II for the TurboGrafx-16. I believe it is 800 points.

NotEnoughGolds

AuthorMessage

WanderFan91

807. Posted:

@NotEnoughGolds - it is 800 Wii Points (900 if you're in Europe). Good game.

Edited on by WanderFan91

AKA StarBoy91
Ah, irony
Wanderloggery | StarBlog
Massive retro gamer with a heart <3
Big Wander Over Yonder fan
RIP Robin Williams 1951-2014 =(
23 and proud =)
To each their own

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

808. Posted:

I'm trying to decide what to get with my next points purchase. I'll have 1000 points leftover after I get Cave Story. Should I get:

Bit.Trip Core
Bit.Trip Void
Ogre Battle: March of the Black Queen
Ogre Battle 64: Person of Lordly Caliber
Contra ReBirth
Blaster Master: Overdrive
Ironclad

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

BobberyFan98

809. Posted:

Alright, I sadly just don't feel like getting Cave Story as my Purchase. Don't get me wrong, I will eventually get it, but I have had a bad feeling every time I think about it, which doesn't happen too often with purchases.

So, I have narrowed it down to this:
Mega Man 10
Super Mario Kart
Donkey Kong Country
Secret of Mana
Star Parodier
Sonic The Hedgehog 2 or 3 (Genesis)

I mainly like Mega Man 10 and Super Mario Kart as my choice, but I would like to hear what you would recommend. Seeing though as I have 1,300 points, I can get 2 games. I can get 2 with an even price of 600 points, or I could get one that costs 700 points then a 500 point one. You decide ;)

Lets say I like a game that is a Classic and not to terribly repetitive. I like games with no Sexual content or references whatsoever, and a game with no terribly crass language. Nothing too scary or extremely gory.

Here are the Genres I mainly like, so you can go by those to help you to decide:
Action
Adventure
Platformer
RPG
Strategy
Puzzle
Shooter

Also know that it can of course, be more than one Genre for a game (EXAMPLE" RPG/Strategy, Shooter/Platformer, etc.)

Have fun I guess! :D

-BF98 ;)

Edited on by BobberyFan98

AuthorMessage

Ravage

810. Posted:

Donkey Kong Country. It will last you much longer than Mega Man 10.

Sean Aaron ~ "The secret is out: I'm really an American cat-girl."
Q: How many physicists does it take to change a light bulb?
A: Two, one to hold the light bulb, the other to rotate the universe.
Just Say No To Toast!

AuthorMessage

irken004

811. Posted:

MM10. It's BETTER IN EVERY WAY xD

Backloggery

AuthorMessage

BobberyFan98

812. Posted:

It's hard to decide! I want all of them! But you don't have unlimited points! :D

Might get either Mega Man 10, Star Parodier, or Sonic The Hedgehog 2 or 3. Then probably Super Mario Kart later or some other game like Secret of Mana.

Reminds me, going to add Secret of Mana to that list and delete one of the list: Mario Golf

-BF98 ;)

Edited on by BobberyFan98

AuthorMessage

Ravage

813. Posted:

Mega Man 10 is basically the same as every other Mega Man game...

Just Say No To Toast!

AuthorMessage

irken004

814. Posted:

Ravage wrote:

That's a bad thing?

Backloggery

AuthorMessage

Ravage

815. Posted:

Yes...

Just Say No To Toast!

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

816. Posted:

Ravage wrote:

Completely new game just that it's concept and storyline is the same. It also has an easy mode, with the addition of playing as protoman for free unlike Mega Man 9 where you had to pay for it through DLC.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

817. Posted:

I should've known better than to be lazy...

Bit.Trip Core/Bit.Trip Void - I played the first and enjoyed it immensely, and I'd to try the sequels

Ogre Battle: March of the Black Queen - I already gave it a go not to long ago and loved it, and I've recently had the urge to give it another go, this time legally.

Ogre Battle 64: Person of Lordly Caliber - It's the last N64 game I need to get on VC, and I've also heard it improves on its predecessor, though some still say the first was better.

Contra ReBirth - I watched a stream of the first few levels, and it looked really good. I love Contra, despite the fact that I suck at it, and this one seems easy enough that I might actually be able to make progress in it.

Blaster Master: Overdrive - I greatly enjoyed the first, though I'm still working my way through that game, and from what I've seen, this one isn't as good as the original.

Ironclad - I love shmups, I love the Neo Geo, and I love the style of this game. It also seems to contain elements from my favorites in the genre.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

BobberyFan98

818. Posted:

Was my only help was to say and get Mega Man 10? Did you not by chance find any of those intresting or good on that list? It's alright, it's just I usually have more help than that on a decision ;)

-BF98 ;)

AuthorMessage

ShinRPGGamer

819. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

I should've known better than to be lazy...

Bit.Trip Core/Bit.Trip Void - I played the first and enjoyed it immensely, and I'd to try the sequels

Ogre Battle: March of the Black Queen - I already gave it a go not to long ago and loved it, and I've recently had the urge to give it another go, this time legally.

Ogre Battle 64: Person of Lordly Caliber - It's the last N64 game I need to get on VC, and I've also heard it improves on its predecessor, though some still say the first was better.

Contra ReBirth - I watched a stream of the first few levels, and it looked really good. I love Contra, despite the fact that I suck at it, and this one seems easy enough that I might actually be able to make progress in it.

Blaster Master: Overdrive - I greatly enjoyed the first, though I'm still working my way through that game, and from what I've seen, this one isn't as good as the original.

Ironclad - I love shmups, I love the Neo Geo, and I love the style of this game. It also seems to contain elements from my favorites in the genre.

Since you already played the 1st Orge Battle, you should try the sequel out (I have never played the game before so i can't help you on how good it is. As with everything else on your list)

Formerly known as the artist Gmls719

1st Champion of the NLife Bowl.
Team: GmlsDragoonersUnited

Wii FC: 4905 5217 4099 5072
3DSFC: 3582 - 8742 - 0524

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

820. Posted:

Er, thanks but I already decided on what I'm gonna do in the VC Recommendations thread. Now that Kirby Super Star is out, I think I'll skip out on Cave Story for now and get KSS, Ogre Battle, and either Bit.Trip Core or Void.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~