General Discussion Forum

Topic: Universal Recommendations Thread

Showing 781 to 800 of 1,758

AuthorMessage

WanderFan91

781. Posted:

@BobberyFan - I recommend DoReMi Fantasy: Milon's DokiDoki Adventure. :) It's one of the greatest, if not the greatest, platformers ever made, imo. Ristar the Shooting Star (if you haven't played it yet), is also great. :) Shinobi III: Return of the Ninja Master is the best ninja sidescrolling platformer ever made, imo, and it's got awesome music. :) I recommend you try these three games (that are currently available on the VC). :)

Edited on by WanderFan91

AKA StarBoy91
Ah, irony
Wanderloggery | StarBlog
Massive retro gamer with a heart <3
Big Wander Over Yonder fan
RIP Robin Williams 1951-2014 =(
23 and proud =)
To each their own

AuthorMessage

BobberyFan98

782. Posted:

Ristar sounds good, got any others to recommend? NintendoLife Lord of Recommendations?

-BF98 ;)

Mario Kart Wii FC: 1762-5158-8929 Name: BobberyFan
Brawl FC: 2364-1754-7283 Name: BF98
ExciteBots FC: 0990-3629-1936 Name: Bobbery

AuthorMessage

WanderFan91

783. Posted:

lolinator
How's Bonk's Adventure sound to you? Adventures of Lolo is also good. Beyond Oasis is a cool action-oriented RPG. Kirby's Dream Land 3 is one of the greatest platformers there is, although it's one of those many love it or hate it type of games, though personally I stick with the former. How about these? :)

AKA StarBoy91
Ah, irony
Wanderloggery | StarBlog
23 and proud =)
To each their own

AuthorMessage

BobberyFan98

784. Posted:

Beyond Oasis doesn't sound too bad, I might get Dream Land 3 since I have Kirby's Adventure and liked that ;)

Thanks! :D

EDIT: Here are that are my Final "thinking abouts":
Secret of Mana
Star Parodier
Donkey Kong Country
Super Mario Kart
Mario Golf
Cave Story
Mega Man 10

Voice your opinions!

-BF98 ;)

Edited on by BobberyFan98

AuthorMessage

WanderFan91

785. Posted:

I definitely recommend you try Star Parodier, BobberyFan. :) It's one of the best games ever made, and it's very fun. :) The graphics are nice, the soundtrack is awesome, and the gameplay is super responsive. :) :) :) :) :) It's also got the biggest replay value of any shmup/cute'em up I've yet played. :) :) :) Eight stages, three characters to play as (choose one for the whole game: PC-Engine, Bomberman, and Paro-Ceaser), three difficulty settings (if you press - on the title screen, you should find an option called Options), and three endings (Easy having the worst ending, and Hard having the best ending). :) :) Each of the three characters has three respective power ups. :)
[Also, no problem, BobberyFan :)]

Edited on by WanderFan91

AKA StarBoy91
Ah, irony
Wanderloggery | StarBlog
23 and proud =)
To each their own

AuthorMessage

BobberyFan98

786. Posted:

Alright, thats narrowing down things abit.

But, why don't you tell your opinions on the other games as well? If you don't feel like it, don't ;)

-BF98 ;)

AuthorMessage

cheetahman91

787. Posted:

@Bobberyfan: I would recommend Cave Story. Even though I agree with everything Starboy said about Star Parodier, it still can't dominate the awesomeness Cave Story is. It's like Metroid or Blaster Master, only less confusing.

Edited on by cheetahman91

Nintendolife Chatroom
Backloggery
GameSpot
Youtube
Jesus is the only way.
It's OK for someone to have an opinion. This ain't the Soviet Union you know.

Nintendo Network ID: cheetahman91

AuthorMessage

Ravage

788. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

Ravage wrote:

Advance Wars was really good, but I haven't played any of the others yet. If you've played the second, I don't think the second changed a whole lot so that should give you a better idea, maybe.

Is Borderlands worth it for single player? Or should I just go with Fallout 3? If I do go with Fallout 3, should I get Game of the year, or just not worry about the dlc? Or Mass Effect 1/2.

Fallout 3 GOTY is probably your best bet, IMO. If you like the game, you'll want to DL the expansions, which cost as much as a new game all together. Unless you're more of a fan of Sci-fi tactical combat, in which case, I'd recommend Mess Effect 1 and 2. But Borderlands...IMO, ya, you're definitely gonna want to get a party for that, unless you're super obsessed with collecting stuff.

Ok, thanks. I'll get Fallout 3 GOTY. But first, I have to at least beat Bioshock, then I'll get it. I still have to beat Assassin's Creed II and I just bought the first for $5 :D

@BobberyFan98: I would say go with Donkey Kong Country, maybe its just nostalgia, but that is one of my favourite games of all time. Never could get the last like 2 secrets or something stupid like that :(

Edited on by Ravage

Sean Aaron ~ "The secret is out: I'm really an American cat-girl."
Q: How many physicists does it take to change a light bulb?
A: Two, one to hold the light bulb, the other to rotate the universe.
Just Say No To Toast!

AuthorMessage

SuperMarioFan96

789. Posted:

If I don't like the Metroid Prime games (don't kill me!), is there a decent chance that I would like the other Metroid games. I haven't played any Metroid games other than the Prime Trilogy, so I don't really know. I know that Super Metroid is always considered to be so amazing, and now Metroid: Other M is coming out in a few months, so I was wondering.

"Oooh, yes I said it! I said it! I said it 'cause I caaan!"
My Backloggery

AuthorMessage

MoFaJo

790. Posted:

Alright, I'm looking for a game for either wii or ds. I want a good platformer. Like assasins creed 2 platforming or prince of persia. Where its all running, jumping, wall running, wall jumping, swinging, ect. Something that is very acrobactic like that. Is there even a game like that for wii or ds? I know there is Prince of persia the forgotten sands for wii, but I'm not sure about that one. If you haven't seen/played assasins creed 2 (as far as the platforming stuff) here is a video for the kinda of platforming I am looking for.
[TUBE]vbSUV5uEWfI[/TUBE]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbSUV5uEWfI

Edited on by MoFaJo

[11:05] PhoenixFarron: That's how I answer all unknowns
[11:06] PhoenixFarron: 'Because they're all making out in there'

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

791. Posted:

SuperMarioFan96 wrote:

If I don't like the Metroid Prime games (don't kill me!), is there a decent chance that I would like the other Metroid games. I haven't played any Metroid games other than the Prime Trilogy, so I don't really know. I know that Super Metroid is always considered to be so amazing, and now Metroid: Other M is coming out in a few months, so I was wondering.

That depends, what didn't you like about Metroid Prime?

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

BobberyFan98

792. Posted:

Here is what I think I will be getting:
Cave Story with my 1,300 wii points.
Super Mario Kart and Donkey Kong Country (In no order) I will get later.

Thoughts?

-BF98 ;)

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

793. Posted:

turtlelink wrote:

Ah, so should i start with that one first? And what system? GBA?

Yeah, start with that one. Any system will do, though it should be noted that the DS version is the hardest.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

BobberyFan98

794. Posted:

I think that I am going to get me some Cave Story! :D

-BF98 ;)

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

795. Posted:

BobberyFan98 wrote:

I think that I am going to get me some Cave Story! :D

-BF98 ;)

Cool, hope you enjoy it. It's one of my personal faves.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

KnucklesSonic8

796. Posted:

Do it, man! :)

Edited on by KnucklesSonic8

KnucklesSonic8

AuthorMessage

Ravage

797. Posted:

MoFaJo wrote:

Alright, I'm looking for a game for either wii or ds. I want a good platformer. Like assasins creed 2 platforming or prince of persia. Where its all running, jumping, wall running, wall jumping, swinging, ect. Something that is very acrobactic like that. Is there even a game like that for wii or ds? I know there is Prince of persia the forgotten sands for wii, but I'm not sure about that one. If you haven't seen/played assasins creed 2 (as far as the platforming stuff) here is a video for the kinda of platforming I am looking for.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbSUV5uEWfI

What about Prince of Persia: Two Thrones, or whatever the Wii version is called? I don't know anything quite like PoP and ACI/II. There are 3 PoP games on Gamecube, the third was ported to the Wii.

Sean Aaron ~ "The secret is out: I'm really an American cat-girl."
Q: How many physicists does it take to change a light bulb?
A: Two, one to hold the light bulb, the other to rotate the universe.
Just Say No To Toast!

AuthorMessage

SuperMarioFan96

798. Posted:

Oops! Forgot I posted here!

Mickeymac wrote:

SuperMarioFan96 wrote:

That depends, what didn't you like about Metroid Prime?

I just found it to be a bit boring. I guess there isn't much else I can say negatively that I can think of. As I said, it wasn't bad, it was just boring and something I couldn't find myself getting into very much.

"Oooh, yes I said it! I said it! I said it 'cause I caaan!"
My Backloggery

AuthorMessage

BobberyFan98

799. Posted:

I just want to have people's opinions on these games:
Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal
Jak & Daxter: The Precursor Legacy
Kingdom Hearts II
Dark Cloud 2

Tell me your thoughts on those games!

And also, is Cave Story really worth it? I heard its good I want to get it, but I get butterflies in my stomach every time I think about purchasing it. I have this feeling all the time, but what do you think?

-BF98 ;)

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

800. Posted:

BobberyFan98 wrote:

I just want to have people's opinions on these games:
Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal
Jak & Daxter: The Precursor Legacy
Kingdom Hearts II
Dark Cloud 2

Tell me your thoughts on those games!

And also, is Cave Story really worth it? I heard its good I want to get it, but I get butterflies in my stomach every time I think about purchasing it. I have this feeling all the time, but what do you think?

-BF98 ;)

Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal - One of the most fun I've ever had in a video game. The story is fantastic, even if you haven't been keeping up with the series. The Gunplay is the best in the series, IMO, and are very satisfying to weild. Seriously, it was the game that made me love the gun. Oh, and the platforming is top-notch, too. In fact, I can't think of a single negative thing to say about it, other than it gets rediculously difficult be the last mission. I never managed to beat it.

Jak & Daxter: The Precursor Legacy - Easily among the greatest platformers I've ever played. It has just the right balance of challenge and fun. There are loads to do, the characters are memorable, and the story's great. The controls are perfect. What more do you need me to say? Everyone needs to play this game.

Kingdom Hearts II - Do you have Kingdom Hearts 1? If yes, then stay away from this game. If no, then ignore this game and get the first. It is better in literally every way possible. This is simply THE most disappointing sequel I have ever experienced.

I know nothing about Dark Cloud 2, I just hear it's better than Dark Cloud 1 in every way imaginable.

Oh, and Butterfly be gone.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~