Forums

Topic: Universal Recommendations Thread

Posts 761 to 780 of 1,991

BobberyFan98

I would say Final Fantasy 6 Advance MickeyMac. But I have never played it, but I am more familiar with the classic FF games

-BF98

Mario Kart Wii FC: 1762-5158-8929 Name: BobberyFan
Brawl FC: 2364-1754-7283 Name: BF98
ExciteBots FC: 0990-3629-1936 Name: Bobbery

CanisWolfred

Alright, I decided I'll get Shin Megami Tensei: Persona, Final Fantasy Tactics A2, and Summon Night: Swordcraft Story 2 if they have it.

I'll get the other 3 Final Fantasy games as Christmas presents, even if they have to be christmas presents from me.

However, if I can get a 4th, should I get TWEWY, Advanced Wars, or Disgaea?

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

SMEXIZELDAMAN

Disgaea is a great strategy game, but only would be for you if you like really tough games. There is a lot of grinding involved and there is a lot to keep you busy for awhile though. I liked it
TWEWY is a really fun game if not a bit short. Maybe around 20 hours. It's really fun though and you could probably find it for cheap.
Tactics A2 is awesome

Check out SUBLIME GAMER, my YouTube Channel
God loves you

Ravage

Advance Wars was really good, but I haven't played any of the others yet. If you've played the second, I don't think the second changed a whole lot so that should give you a better idea, maybe.

Is Borderlands worth it for single player? Or should I just go with Fallout 3? If I do go with Fallout 3, should I get Game of the year, or just not worry about the dlc? Or Mass Effect 1/2.

Sean Aaron ~ "The secret is out: I'm really an American cat-girl."
Q: How many physicists does it take to change a light bulb?
A: Two, one to hold the light bulb, the other to rotate the universe.

CanisWolfred

Ravage wrote:

Advance Wars was really good, but I haven't played any of the others yet. If you've played the second, I don't think the second changed a whole lot so that should give you a better idea, maybe.

Is Borderlands worth it for single player? Or should I just go with Fallout 3? If I do go with Fallout 3, should I get Game of the year, or just not worry about the dlc? Or Mass Effect 1/2.

Fallout 3 GOTY is probably your best bet, IMO. If you like the game, you'll want to DL the expansions, which cost as much as a new game all together. Unless you're more of a fan of Sci-fi tactical combat, in which case, I'd recommend Mess Effect 1 and 2. But Borderlands...IMO, ya, you're definitely gonna want to get a party for that, unless you're super obsessed with collecting stuff.

Oh, and thanks guys, but I just remembered Kingdom Hearts 238/2 Days(or whatever), so that will probably be my 4th if I can get one.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

BobberyFan98

I'm trying to decide which to get out of this Games:
Jak & Daxter: The Precursor Legacy: I have had my eye on this one for quite a long time. I have a toddlerhood memory of this game, and I also wanted it as well.
Ratchet & Clank 3: Up Your Arsenal: I feel good about this one, except for that stupid robot singer girl. She might be too much "cake" for my parents liking.

Dark Cloud: I don't know about this one, may be too "Demonic" for our Christian family standards. Might even freak me out as well

Ape Escape 2: Got a really good review score from IGN. Overall looks pretty good, I watched an LP of it on YouTube, this one looks more improved than the first for sure though.

R-Type Fina:l One of those games you just see while browsing. Doesn't look bad.

Pokemon Platinum: Looks great. I already love HeartGold to death, this looks great only the part where you have to hold down B to run, unlike HeartGold where you can just Toggle the Running Shoes and you automatically start running

Pokemon FireRed or LeafGreen: Just an all around great classic, remake of one of the biggest cult hits I've ever seen

Please note I am mainly on a base of a $10.00 GameStop gift card, but I also have allowance which can go towards a purchase (Which it most likely will).

Also, feel free to tell me other games you recommend. If you do, here are the rules:
The highest rating I can go is Teen.
No sexual content or references whatsoever (This includes revealing clothing on women)
No crass language whatsoever.
Nothing too scary or bloody.

Have fun searching and telling me your thoughts gentlemen!

-BF98

turtlelink

I would get Ape escape2 bobberyfan. It is really fun, but if you wan't a longer game, get the 3rd one. there is awesome levels and transformations and you can also play a minigame of Metal Gear Solid, but instead of playing as Snake, you play as a pipo monkey!

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

turtlelink

I want to get FF 2 tomorrow of VC, but before i do, is there anything i need to know from the first one in order to understand this one?

TurtleLink's backloggery

CanisWolfred

turtlelink wrote:

I want to get FF 2 tomorrow of VC, but before i do, is there anything i need to know from the first one in order to understand this one?

Do you know how to select a command from a menu?

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

BobberyFan98

On Steam right now, they are having a 75% off sale on Sid Meier's Civilization games that are before V. They have III Complete for only $1.25, but they have IV Complete for $!0.00. Which is more worth it? III Complete is dirt cheap and just not as enhanced as IV is. But still, tell me your opinions.

-BF98

CanisWolfred

BobberyFan98 wrote:

On Steam right now, they are having a 75% off sale on Sid Meier's Civilization games that are before V. They have III Complete for only $1.25, but they have IV Complete for $!0.00. Which is more worth it? III Complete is dirt cheap and just not as enhanced as IV is. But still, tell me your opinions.

-BF98

O_O Dude, I could kiss you for giving me this info, and I'd kill the guys over at the Steam Sale thread for not telling me sooner! I went ahead and got both!

Get Civilization IV, since it comes with 3 expansions, and the pack's normal price is $40.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

BobberyFan98

Glad I could help you out Mickeymac

Also, I am looking for some good WiiWare and VC games, I will first list the ones I am instrested in:
Cave Story
Donkey Kong Country
Super Mario Kart
Sonic The Hedgehog 2 or 3

I will now lay down the rules for recommending:
No sexual content or references (This includes women wearing revealing clothing, and you probably know what else qualifies).
No crass language.
Nothing too scary or too bloody.

Here are Genres I mainly like:
RPG/Strategy
Action/Adventure/Platformer
Puzzle

Have fun!

-BF98

Edited on by BobberyFan98

turtlelink

Mickeymac wrote:

turtlelink wrote:

I mean, story wise.

TurtleLink's backloggery

CanisWolfred

@BobberyFan

I'd recommend Ratchet & Clank the most out of those, since it sounds like you'd enjoy it the most, judging from your tastes. Ape Escape 2 and Jak & Daxter would also be top priorities if I were you. Sounds like you'd get a kick out of 'em, and they're all non-offensive. Stay away from Jak 2, though. Jak gets mean in that one.

Also, you might want to omit Dark Cloud. Not so much for the Demonic references, but for the sexual references. Some of the lovely ladies ain't got a lot on.

R-Type Final is a good game, but not great. There are way better shooters for the PS2 that you could otherwise get, such as Gradius V or Castle Shikigami. Only get it if you can't afford to get anything else and nothing else catches your interest.

You're already Kneedeep in Pokemon HeartGold, IMO, you don't need another Pokemon game just yet.

VC Wiiware is a toughie, though. Hm...assuming you already have a Mario Kart game, and have access to a Sonic collection, and don't mind playing games on the PC, I'd say Donkey Kong Country is your best bet...

Oh wait, you want suggestions for more games. StarBoy, that's your queue.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

CanisWolfred

turtlelink wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

turtlelink wrote:

I mean, story wise.

Oh, then no, absolutely not. They're not directly conected in any way possible. It's not even the real Final Fantasy 2, it's Final Fantasy 4, and even then, it's drastically different from every game that came before it. FF4 is a great game to start with. You don't need to know anything about the genre or the series prior to it. Most of it is straight forward, and it'll teach you everything you need to know.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

turtlelink

Mickeymac wrote:

turtlelink wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

turtlelink wrote:

I mean, story wise.

Oh, then no, absolutely not. They're not directly conected in any way possible. It's not even the real Final Fantasy 2, it's Final Fantasy 4, and even then, it's drastically different from every game that came before it. FF4 is a great game to start with. You don't need to know anything about the genre or the series prior to it. Most of it is straight forward, and it'll teach you everything you need to know.

Ah, so should i start with that one first? And what system? GBA?

TurtleLink's backloggery

StarBoy91

@BobberyFan - I recommend DoReMi Fantasy: Milon's DokiDoki Adventure. It's one of the greatest, if not the greatest, platformers ever made, imo. Ristar the Shooting Star (if you haven't played it yet), is also great. Shinobi III: Return of the Ninja Master is the best ninja sidescrolling platformer ever made, imo, and it's got awesome music. I recommend you try these three games (that are currently available on the VC).

Edited on by StarBoy91

To each their own

BobberyFan98

Ristar sounds good, got any others to recommend? NintendoLife Lord of Recommendations?

-BF98

StarBoy91

lolinator
How's Bonk's Adventure sound to you? Adventures of Lolo is also good. Beyond Oasis is a cool action-oriented RPG. Kirby's Dream Land 3 is one of the greatest platformers there is, although it's one of those many love it or hate it type of games, though personally I stick with the former. How about these?

To each their own

BobberyFan98

Beyond Oasis doesn't sound too bad, I might get Dream Land 3 since I have Kirby's Adventure and liked that

Thanks!

EDIT: Here are that are my Final "thinking abouts":
Secret of Mana
Star Parodier
Donkey Kong Country
Super Mario Kart
Mario Golf
Cave Story
Mega Man 10

Voice your opinions!

-BF98

Edited on by BobberyFan98