Forums

Topic: Universal Recommendations Thread

Posts 721 to 740 of 1,991

turtlelink

I'm going away on Saturday and i might get a game before i leave.
Should i get a PSN card ($20) or Dragon Quest Monster: Joker
If i do get a PSN card, i will get MH Freedom Unite
I never played a DQ game though and thought i should try the series out. Is it an RPG or an Action RPG? And does it have a heavy use of R and L buttons? Mine are broken

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

SMEXIZELDAMAN

My birthday's coming up and I want to request a game from my family. Is Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom good? I've been looking at it and it seems interesting.

Check out SUBLIME GAMER, my YouTube Channel
God loves you

CanisWolfred

SUPERZELDAMAN wrote:

My birthday's coming up and I want to request a game from my family. Is Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom good? I've been looking at it and it seems interesting.

Any good? It's fantastic! Probably the best Non-Compilation fighter on the Wii! It's a bit too easy if you just play Singleplayer, but it's still a deep and intricate game if you really try to get into it.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

CanisWolfred

turtlelink wrote:

I never played a DQ game though and thought i should try the series out. Is it an RPG or an Action RPG? And does it have a heavy use of R and L buttons? Mine are broken

Ugh, Monster Hunters Freedom Unite is a pain in the ass, especially if you play it solo. There are tons of PSN games I could recommend. Monster Hunters Freedom is not one of them. And yeah, you need the L and R buttons to control the camera in Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker, which is kinda important.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

turtlelink

Mickeymac wrote:

turtlelink wrote:

Ugh, Monster Hunters Freedom Unite is a pain in the ass, especially if you play it solo. There are tons of PSN games I could recommend. Monster Hunters Freedom is not one of them. And yeah, you need the L and R buttons to control the camera in Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker, which is kinda important.

Ok, what do you recommend? I like Action, RPG's, fighters, shooters, and most puzzlers.

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

SMEXIZELDAMAN

Ok thanks MickeyMac. You just confirmed it's awesomeness. (I've heard that it was awesomesauce)

Check out SUBLIME GAMER, my YouTube Channel
God loves you

BobberyFan98

Here's a list of WiiWare and VC titles I am thinking about:

WiiWare:
Cave Story
Mega Man 10

VC (Virtual Console):
Super Mario Kart
Donkey Kong Country

Oh, and I would love to have other recommendation's as well

Also the budget is 1,300 Wii Points (or 1,200)

-BF98

Mario Kart Wii FC: 1762-5158-8929 Name: BobberyFan
Brawl FC: 2364-1754-7283 Name: BF98
ExciteBots FC: 0990-3629-1936 Name: Bobbery

CanisWolfred

turtlelink wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

turtlelink wrote:

Ok, what do you recommend? I like Action, RPG's, fighters, shooters, and most puzzlers.

I'd recommend getting Grandia, Guilty Gear Judgment, and Metal Gear Solid the most right now.

If you just want new games, I'd recommend Guilty Gear Judgment, Super Stardust Poratable, God of War, and Crush.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Kingbuilder

I want any of these 3 games. I will get them all eventually, but which one is the best, so I can play the best one first?

-Metroid Fusion
-Metroid: Zero Mission
-Castlevania Double Pack (Harmony of Dissonance and Aria of Sorrow)

“The revolution is not an apple that falls when it is ripe. You have to make it fall.” - "Some men are born mediocre, some men achieve mediocrity, and some men have mediocrity thrust upon them."

Ravage

The only one I played was Fusion, I thought it was really good though.

Sean Aaron ~ "The secret is out: I'm really an American cat-girl."
Q: How many physicists does it take to change a light bulb?
A: Two, one to hold the light bulb, the other to rotate the universe.

Ravage

Is Borderlands worth it for single player? Or should I just go with Fallout 3? If I do go with Fallout 3, should I get Game of the year, or just not worry about the dlc? Or Mass Effect 1/2.

Edited on by Ravage

Sean Aaron ~ "The secret is out: I'm really an American cat-girl."
Q: How many physicists does it take to change a light bulb?
A: Two, one to hold the light bulb, the other to rotate the universe.

Xkhaoz

K, I'm thinking of getting a $20 PSN card, and I was wondering what to get. I don't have much on my PSP to play other that Battlefront.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/xkhaoz

CanisWolfred

Kingbuilder wrote:

I want any of these 3 games. I will get them all eventually, but which one is the best, so I can play the best one first?

-Metroid Fusion
-Metroid: Zero Mission
-Castlevania Double Pack (Harmony of Dissonance and Aria of Sorrow)

Doublepack, because it's rare and has 2 amazing games for the price of one. That'd be top priority if I was you.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Xkhaoz

Okay, I hzve $2 left on PSN, what should I get? I'm interested in this Mini called Charge! Tank Squad, but I still don't know.

CanisWolfred

Xkhaoz wrote:

Okay, I hzve $2 left on PSN, what should I get? I'm interested in this Mini called Charge! Tank Squad, but I still don't know.

Save it, us it to pay for the tax of your next purchase.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Xkhaoz

@Mickeymac What tax? There isn't any tax. Is there? /me is confused

CanisWolfred

Xkhaoz wrote:

@Mickeymac What tax? There isn't any tax. Is there? /me is confused

I dunno. I have to pay tax on all my purchases for some stupid reason. Maybe it's just because I'm in New York. Does your state have sales tax?

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Xkhaoz

I don't think so. I'm in Oregon. But yeah, still, I might just save it for later.

BleachFan

Sigh...
Alright, I've had 1500 points on my DSi for a while now...I'm planning on spending it soon, and since Photo Dojo is going to be free when I get it, I'm going to have a few left over. Lets see...
My Current DSiWare Collection:
MvDK: MMA
Aquia
PiCTOBiTS
precipice
Dragon Quest Wars
Dragon's Lair
Pop+ Solo
Glow Artisan
Hannenbow
Beatness
Luminarrow
Wario Ware: Snapped
Art Acadamy 1st Semester
Chronos Twin
Pop Island

Current Wishlist:
Rytmik
Photo Dojo
That One Japanese Game Where It Tracks Your Head and Makes Things Look 3D
(I realize these aren't out yet, I'm just anticipating them)

Escapee Go
Alpha Bounce
Army Defender
Dark Void Zero
Flipper
Trajectile
Spotto
Aura-Aura Climber

Give me any sort of combination of games you think are the best. I'll see which one appeals to me the most, I suppose...

Edited on by BleachFan

I'm working on a game that's coming out soon!
Cipher Trailer

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic