Forums

Topic: Universal Recommendations Thread

Posts 721 to 740 of 1,907

BobberyFan98

Mickeymac wrote:

@BF98
You could also Go to the store and go with your gut, Ask an employee for recommendations, or just be a robot and buy what we tell you to. Either way, the choice is yours. Just remember: no one knows more about what games you'll like more than you. Don't doubt yourself or your decisions. Just get what you want and enjoy it. So long as you enjoy it, it'll be worth it.

Those are true words of wisdom, and exactly what I am going to do. The guys at the GameStop treat me like a friend, so it probably will be easier for me

-BF98


Mario Kart Wii FC: 1762-5158-8929 Name: BobberyFan
Brawl FC: 2364-1754-7283 Name: BF98
ExciteBots FC: 0990-3629-1936 Name: Bobbery

RandomWiiPlayer

Does anyone have any experience with the Star Wars: Battlefront game on the DS/PSP? If there is more than one, I mean the recent one. I've heard that it is a lot better on PSP, but since I don't have a PSP, I was wondering if the DS version is any good.

The Game.

Is it after 9PM EST? You should probably ignore the above post.

irken004

RandomWiiPlayer wrote:

Does anyone have any experience with the Star Wars: Battlefront game on the DS/PSP? If there is more than one, I mean the recent one. I've heard that it is a lot better on PSP, but since I don't have a PSP, I was wondering if the DS version is any good.

I saw that Gamestop lowered the price on the PSP and DS versions to $20. I thought about getting the DS version but I'm saving my money for other games.

CanisWolfred

RandomWiiPlayer wrote:

Does anyone have any experience with the Star Wars: Battlefront game on the DS/PSP? If there is more than one, I mean the recent one. I've heard that it is a lot better on PSP, but since I don't have a PSP, I was wondering if the DS version is any good.

I've only played the demo of the most recent one, but it's pretty good. Much better than the last one. None of them are as good as their console counterparts gameplay-wise, though, but they do offer a lot of variety and choice, as well as some better weapons.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun
Arooo~

Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

turtlelink

I'm going away on Saturday and i might get a game before i leave.
Should i get a PSN card ($20) or Dragon Quest Monster: Joker
If i do get a PSN card, i will get MH Freedom Unite
I never played a DQ game though and thought i should try the series out. Is it an RPG or an Action RPG? And does it have a heavy use of R and L buttons? Mine are broken

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

SMEXIZELDAMAN

My birthday's coming up and I want to request a game from my family. Is Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom good? I've been looking at it and it seems interesting.

Lord Head Admin of SonyLife
♥♥♥Videogames are lame♥♥♥

CanisWolfred

SUPERZELDAMAN wrote:

My birthday's coming up and I want to request a game from my family. Is Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom good? I've been looking at it and it seems interesting.

Any good? It's fantastic! Probably the best Non-Compilation fighter on the Wii! It's a bit too easy if you just play Singleplayer, but it's still a deep and intricate game if you really try to get into it.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun
Arooo~

Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred

turtlelink wrote:

I'm going away on Saturday and i might get a game before i leave.
Should i get a PSN card ($20) or Dragon Quest Monster: Joker
If i do get a PSN card, i will get MH Freedom Unite
I never played a DQ game though and thought i should try the series out. Is it an RPG or an Action RPG? And does it have a heavy use of R and L buttons? Mine are broken

Ugh, Monster Hunters Freedom Unite is a pain in the ass, especially if you play it solo. There are tons of PSN games I could recommend. Monster Hunters Freedom is not one of them. And yeah, you need the L and R buttons to control the camera in Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker, which is kinda important.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun
Arooo~

Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

turtlelink

Mickeymac wrote:

turtlelink wrote:

I'm going away on Saturday and i might get a game before i leave.
Should i get a PSN card ($20) or Dragon Quest Monster: Joker
If i do get a PSN card, i will get MH Freedom Unite
I never played a DQ game though and thought i should try the series out. Is it an RPG or an Action RPG? And does it have a heavy use of R and L buttons? Mine are broken

Ugh, Monster Hunters Freedom Unite is a pain in the ass, especially if you play it solo. There are tons of PSN games I could recommend. Monster Hunters Freedom is not one of them. And yeah, you need the L and R buttons to control the camera in Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker, which is kinda important.

Ok, what do you recommend? I like Action, RPG's, fighters, shooters, and most puzzlers.

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

SMEXIZELDAMAN

Ok thanks MickeyMac. You just confirmed it's awesomeness. (I've heard that it was awesomesauce)

Lord Head Admin of SonyLife
♥♥♥Videogames are lame♥♥♥

BobberyFan98

Here's a list of WiiWare and VC titles I am thinking about:

WiiWare:
Cave Story
Mega Man 10

VC (Virtual Console):
Super Mario Kart
Donkey Kong Country

Oh, and I would love to have other recommendation's as well

Also the budget is 1,300 Wii Points (or 1,200)

-BF98


Mario Kart Wii FC: 1762-5158-8929 Name: BobberyFan
Brawl FC: 2364-1754-7283 Name: BF98
ExciteBots FC: 0990-3629-1936 Name: Bobbery

CanisWolfred

turtlelink wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

turtlelink wrote:

I'm going away on Saturday and i might get a game before i leave.
Should i get a PSN card ($20) or Dragon Quest Monster: Joker
If i do get a PSN card, i will get MH Freedom Unite
I never played a DQ game though and thought i should try the series out. Is it an RPG or an Action RPG? And does it have a heavy use of R and L buttons? Mine are broken

Ugh, Monster Hunters Freedom Unite is a pain in the ass, especially if you play it solo. There are tons of PSN games I could recommend. Monster Hunters Freedom is not one of them. And yeah, you need the L and R buttons to control the camera in Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker, which is kinda important.

Ok, what do you recommend? I like Action, RPG's, fighters, shooters, and most puzzlers.

I'd recommend getting Grandia, Guilty Gear Judgment, and Metal Gear Solid the most right now.

If you just want new games, I'd recommend Guilty Gear Judgment, Super Stardust Poratable, God of War, and Crush.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun
Arooo~

Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

Kingbuilder

I want any of these 3 games. I will get them all eventually, but which one is the best, so I can play the best one first?

-Metroid Fusion
-Metroid: Zero Mission
-Castlevania Double Pack (Harmony of Dissonance and Aria of Sorrow)

“The revolution is not an apple that falls when it is ripe. You have to make it fall.” - "Some men are born mediocre, some men achieve mediocrity, and some men have mediocrity thrust upon them."

Ravage

The only one I played was Fusion, I thought it was really good though.

Sean Aaron ~ "The secret is out: I'm really an American cat-girl."
Q: How many physicists does it take to change a light bulb?
A: Two, one to hold the light bulb, the other to rotate the universe.
Just Say No To Toast!

Ravage

Is Borderlands worth it for single player? Or should I just go with Fallout 3? If I do go with Fallout 3, should I get Game of the year, or just not worry about the dlc? Or Mass Effect 1/2.

Edited on by Ravage

Sean Aaron ~ "The secret is out: I'm really an American cat-girl."
Q: How many physicists does it take to change a light bulb?
A: Two, one to hold the light bulb, the other to rotate the universe.
Just Say No To Toast!

Xkhaoz

K, I'm thinking of getting a $20 PSN card, and I was wondering what to get. I don't have much on my PSP to play other that Battlefront.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/xkhaoz

CanisWolfred

Kingbuilder wrote:

I want any of these 3 games. I will get them all eventually, but which one is the best, so I can play the best one first?

-Metroid Fusion
-Metroid: Zero Mission
-Castlevania Double Pack (Harmony of Dissonance and Aria of Sorrow)

Doublepack, because it's rare and has 2 amazing games for the price of one. That'd be top priority if I was you.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun
Arooo~

Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

Xkhaoz

Okay, I hzve $2 left on PSN, what should I get? I'm interested in this Mini called Charge! Tank Squad, but I still don't know.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/xkhaoz

Top

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic