Forums

Topic: Universal Recommendations Thread

Posts 681 to 700 of 1,991

Oregano

Mickeymac wrote:

Okay, should I Marathon Final Fantasy or Shin Megami Tensei?
and should I play them in order, play them backwards, or just pick random points in the series?

Do spin-offs only.

@V8 Ninja: SMG 2 and Sin and Punishment 2!

Please sign the petition to get Nintendo to integrate Social Features directly in the Switch OS/Hardware:
https://www.change.org/p/nintendo-integrated-network-features-on-nintendo-switch-voice-chat-lobby

V8_Ninja

Adding Oregano's votes, we have...

(Metroid: Other M) sitting at 3.
Super Mario Galaxy 2 is tied with Metroid, also having 3.
(Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands is just standing there with 1 vote.
and Sin & Punishment Star Successor is at 2.

EDIT: Decided to NOT declare the winners until I got some more votes. So much for my big talk?

Edited on by V8_Ninja

Thanks given to Xkhaoz for that one avatar.
Please contact me before using my custom avatar!
A (Former) Reviewer for Digitally Downloaded.net
My Backloggery: http://backloggery.com/v8_ninja

Oregano

Well I didn't get answers the last two times I asked for suggestions but here we go again:
I have 1200 points on my Wii and probably won't get more for a while but I rarely get the chance to have prolonged gaming sessions. I have four options

Art of Balance + a chapter of FFIV: The After Years(only 1/2 way through)
Zombie Panic in Wonderland
Rage of the Gladiatior
Ogre Battle 64

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Please sign the petition to get Nintendo to integrate Social Features directly in the Switch OS/Hardware:
https://www.change.org/p/nintendo-integrated-network-features-on-nintendo-switch-voice-chat-lobby

BobberyFan98

Alright, I have questions for 2 different purchases:
Is Cave Story worth a purchase even though how High its price tag is?
Is Dark Cloud a worthy purchase?

Cave Story I have just heard alot about, saying its a great game.
Dark Cloud is a game that is one of those "cheap-games-that-look-pretty-good" . From IGN's review, it looks quite appealing and great to go along with my already decided purchase of Jak & Daxter (Since I already have a $10 GameStop gift card and some allowance money).

-BF98

Mario Kart Wii FC: 1762-5158-8929 Name: BobberyFan
Brawl FC: 2364-1754-7283 Name: BF98
ExciteBots FC: 0990-3629-1936 Name: Bobbery

Kholdstare

@v8 i vote for... SMG2

☆FRIEND CODES☆

PSN ID: Kholdstare77

3DS
1289 8322 9889

BobberyFan98

V8+Ninja wrote:

Adding Oregano's votes, we have...

(Metroid: Other M) sitting at 3.
Super Mario Galaxy 2 is tied with Metroid, also having 3.
(Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands is just standing there with 1 vote.
and Sin & Punishment Star Successor is at 2.

EDIT: Decided to NOT declare the winners until I got some more votes. So much for my big talk?

Super Mario Galaxy 2 hands down. I personally think that Other M will have bad controls. As in, she can fire in all different directions, which won't go over well with just the D-Pad. Need a Nunchuk dangit!

-BF98

ItsFuzzyPickles

Hey guys. I have $120 and I'm wondering what to do with it. I am getting Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars, but that's just $55 (Tax included). What else would you suggest getting with [i]Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars?

ItsFuzzyPickles

Switch Friend Code: SW-1409-9782-5984 | Nintendo Network ID: astarisborn94 | Twitter:

V8_Ninja

@BF98 Actually the gameplay is similar to Devil May Cry (or at least that's what Nintendo Power says). There's no aiming involved, it's just attacking and dodging.

For now we have...

#1. Super Mario Galaxy 2 (five votes)
#2. Metroid: Other M (four votes)
#3. Sin & Punishment Star Successor (two votes)
#4. Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands (one vote)

While SMG2 does technically win, I'm a bit nervous about the fact that it could drown itself in samey-ness (and more so with S&PSS). I'm personally more inclined to go with Metroid and POP:TFS just because they don't appear to get a free ride on samey-ness.

P.S. I have 1,000 points on my Wii and I'm thinking about getting either Toki-Tori or something else. Any suggestions for "something else"?

CanisWolfred

V8+Ninja wrote:

While SMG2 does technically win, I'm a bit nervous about the fact that it could drown itself in samey-ness (and more so with S&PSS). I'm personally more inclined to go with Metroid and POP:TFS just because they don't appear to get a free ride on samey-ness.

Fear not, just by looking at the trailers you can see that both games are quite a bit different from their previous games. Not as much as Other M or Forbidden Sand, but certainly enough so that it probably won't feel like you're retreading old ground.

@BF64

I think you outta get Dark Cloud just because it might be hard to find later on. It did get a lot of praise way back when it first came out, so at least it has potential. Heck, if you wait long enough, it might become worth more than what you bought it for later on....in fact, I might buy it off you if you don't like it, because I really want to play it, but I can't find it anywhere.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

RandomWiiPlayer

Super+Smash+Bros wrote:

Hey guys. I have $120 and I'm wondering what to do with it. I am getting Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars, but that's just $55 (Tax included). What else would you suggest getting with [i]Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars?

Save it for either Galaxy 2 or Metroid.

The Game.

Is it after 9PM EST? You should probably ignore the above post.

ItsFuzzyPickles

@RandomWiiPlayer: Thanks for the suggestion, but I'm most likely saving the money up with a job that's most likely coming up soon. And beside, even if I planned to do that, spending money on Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom would leave me with $65. Now that's enough money, but then, I would have to spend some of it for off-campus lunch (I go outside school for lunch once a week). I would not have enough money to buy either. Basically, I won't be able to save up enough money to buy either. Even if I tried, my brother and cousin eating habits would foil all plans.

ItsFuzzyPickles

Switch Friend Code: SW-1409-9782-5984 | Nintendo Network ID: astarisborn94 | Twitter:

BobberyFan98

Mickeymac wrote:

V8+Ninja wrote:

Fear not, just by looking at the trailers you can see that both games are quite a bit different from their previous games. Not as much as Other M or Forbidden Sand, but certainly enough so that it probably won't feel like you're retreading old ground.

@BF64

I think you outta get Dark Cloud just because it might be hard to find later on. It did get a lot of praise way back when it first came out, so at least it has potential. Heck, if you wait long enough, it might become worth more than what you bought it for later on....in fact, I might buy it off you if you don't like it, because I really want to play it, but I can't find it anywhere.

cough ITS BF"98" cough

Thanks for the recommendation!

-BF98

Rensch

They look exactly like my own cartridges of those games, I'm pretty sure the ones in the photo are legit, but is that what you get?

Edited on by Rensch

Friend code 3DS: 4210-4747-2358

BobberyFan98

Just spiked up its price by $10 USD since I last checked it. I'm watching one right now that I think I will get, the seller has more feedback and is 99.0% positive feedback

-BF98

V8_Ninja

Well, since Metroid: Other M is delayed until August, we have...

#1. Super Mario Galaxy 2 (five votes)
#2. Sin & Punishment Star Successor (two votes)
#3. Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands (one vote)

For all those out there that didn't see the original post, I'm going to have about $100 by the end of June and I'm deciding to get two games. The games I am thinking about getting are the ones in the above list and Blur, Split/Second, and Lost Planet 2.

Edited on by V8_Ninja

ItsFuzzyPickles

Hey guys. I have $120 and I'm wondering what to do with it. I am getting Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars, but that's just $55 (Tax included). What else would you suggest getting with Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars?

This still needs an answer other then RandomWiiPlayer.

Edited on by ItsFuzzyPickles

ItsFuzzyPickles

BobberyFan98

So, I'm presuming that Jak & Daxter: The Precursor Legacy and along with it Dark Cloud is a good GameStop purchase? Unless you recommend something other than Dark Cloud.

-BF98

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic