General Discussion Forum

Topic: Universal Recommendations Thread

Showing 681 to 700 of 1,757

AuthorMessage
Avatar

JayArr

681. Posted:

irken004 wrote:

MONSTER HUNTER TRI!!!

MONSTER HUNTER TRI

[insert 25 Cents here to play]

AuthorMessage
Avatar

V8_Ninja

682. Posted:

Counting the score so far, we have...

(Metroid: Other M): 3
Super Mario Galaxy 2: 2 (somewhat ironic, right? :P)
(Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands: 1
...and Sin & Punishment Star Successor: 1

Anymore suggestions from anybody else?

P.S. I'm thinking of leaning more towards what RandomWiiPlayer said because I'm not a huge multiplayer guy (although Lost Planet 2 has peaked my interest) and both games offer something different than what could be called retreads of old ideas.

Edited on by V8_Ninja

Thanks given to Xkhaoz for that one avatar.
Please contact me before using my custom avatar!
A (Former) Reviewer for Digitally Downloaded.net
My Backloggery, My Anime List, and My Blog
You can email me here.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bankai

683. Posted:

I really enjoyed PictureBook Games... looking for more board games on the WiiWare - any suggestions?

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

684. Posted:

Okay, should I Marathon Final Fantasy or Shin Megami Tensei?
and should I play them in order, play them backwards, or just pick random points in the series?

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Oregano

685. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

Okay, should I Marathon Final Fantasy or Shin Megami Tensei?
and should I play them in order, play them backwards, or just pick random points in the series?

Do spin-offs only.:P

@V8 Ninja: SMG 2 and Sin and Punishment 2!

http://www.gaminggauge.com/
My new gaming website!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

V8_Ninja

686. Posted:

Adding Oregano's votes, we have...

(Metroid: Other M) sitting at 3.
Super Mario Galaxy 2 is tied with Metroid, also having 3.
(Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands is just standing there with 1 vote.
and Sin & Punishment Star Successor is at 2.

EDIT: Decided to NOT declare the winners until I got some more votes. So much for my big talk? :P

Edited on by V8_Ninja

Thanks given to Xkhaoz for that one avatar.
Please contact me before using my custom avatar!
A (Former) Reviewer for Digitally Downloaded.net
My Backloggery, My Anime List, and My Blog
You can email me here.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CharlieRod

687. Posted:

Metroid

Wii #: 2251-9414-6049-5297/MKW#:2364-9185-0872/SSBB#:3739-3462-6792
PSN: Rodriquez608
Get up. You'll be ok-
The brightest light is in the darkest of surroundings.
If you could rearrange, change, or delete your memory, would you?

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Oregano

688. Posted:

Well I didn't get answers the last two times I asked for suggestions but here we go again:
I have 1200 points on my Wii and probably won't get more for a while but I rarely get the chance to have prolonged gaming sessions. I have four options

Art of Balance + a chapter of FFIV: The After Years(only 1/2 way through)
Zombie Panic in Wonderland
Rage of the Gladiatior
Ogre Battle 64

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

http://www.gaminggauge.com/
My new gaming website!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

BobberyFan98

689. Posted:

Alright, I have questions for 2 different purchases:
Is Cave Story worth a purchase even though how High its price tag is?
Is Dark Cloud a worthy purchase?

Cave Story I have just heard alot about, saying its a great game.
Dark Cloud is a game that is one of those "cheap-games-that-look-pretty-good" . From IGN's review, it looks quite appealing and great to go along with my already decided purchase of Jak & Daxter (Since I already have a $10 GameStop gift card and some allowance money).

-BF98 ;)


Mario Kart Wii FC: 1762-5158-8929 Name: BobberyFan
Brawl FC: 2364-1754-7283 Name: BF98
ExciteBots FC: 0990-3629-1936 Name: Bobbery

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Kholdstare

690. Posted:

@v8 i vote for... SMG2 :D

☆FRIEND CODES☆

PSN ID: Kholdstare77

3DS
1289 8322 9889

AuthorMessage
Avatar

BobberyFan98

691. Posted:

V8+Ninja wrote:

Adding Oregano's votes, we have...

(Metroid: Other M) sitting at 3.
Super Mario Galaxy 2 is tied with Metroid, also having 3.
(Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands is just standing there with 1 vote.
and Sin & Punishment Star Successor is at 2.

EDIT: Decided to NOT declare the winners until I got some more votes. So much for my big talk? :P

Super Mario Galaxy 2 hands down. I personally think that Other M will have bad controls. As in, she can fire in all different directions, which won't go over well with just the D-Pad. Need a Nunchuk dangit!

-BF98 ;)


Mario Kart Wii FC: 1762-5158-8929 Name: BobberyFan
Brawl FC: 2364-1754-7283 Name: BF98
ExciteBots FC: 0990-3629-1936 Name: Bobbery

AuthorMessage
Avatar

astarisborn94

692. Posted:

Hey guys. I have $120 and I'm wondering what to do with it. I am getting Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars, but that's just $55 (Tax included). What else would you suggest getting with [i]Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars?

astarisborn94

AuthorMessage
Avatar

V8_Ninja

693. Posted:

@BF98 Actually the gameplay is similar to Devil May Cry (or at least that's what Nintendo Power says). There's no aiming involved, it's just attacking and dodging.

For now we have...

#1. Super Mario Galaxy 2 (five votes)
#2. Metroid: Other M (four votes)
#3. Sin & Punishment Star Successor (two votes)
#4. Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands (one vote)

While SMG2 does technically win, I'm a bit nervous about the fact that it could drown itself in samey-ness (and more so with S&PSS). I'm personally more inclined to go with Metroid and POP:TFS just because they don't appear to get a free ride on samey-ness.

P.S. I have 1,000 points on my Wii and I'm thinking about getting either Toki-Tori or something else. Any suggestions for "something else"?

Thanks given to Xkhaoz for that one avatar.
Please contact me before using my custom avatar!
A (Former) Reviewer for Digitally Downloaded.net
My Backloggery, My Anime List, and My Blog
You can email me here.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

694. Posted:

V8+Ninja wrote:

While SMG2 does technically win, I'm a bit nervous about the fact that it could drown itself in samey-ness (and more so with S&PSS). I'm personally more inclined to go with Metroid and POP:TFS just because they don't appear to get a free ride on samey-ness.

Fear not, just by looking at the trailers you can see that both games are quite a bit different from their previous games. Not as much as Other M or Forbidden Sand, but certainly enough so that it probably won't feel like you're retreading old ground.

@BF64

I think you outta get Dark Cloud just because it might be hard to find later on. It did get a lot of praise way back when it first came out, so at least it has potential. Heck, if you wait long enough, it might become worth more than what you bought it for later on....in fact, I might buy it off you if you don't like it, because I really want to play it, but I can't find it anywhere.:P

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RandomWiiPlayer

695. Posted:

Super+Smash+Bros wrote:

Hey guys. I have $120 and I'm wondering what to do with it. I am getting Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars, but that's just $55 (Tax included). What else would you suggest getting with [i]Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars?

Save it for either Galaxy 2 or Metroid.

The Game.

Is it after 9PM EST? You should probably ignore the above post.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

astarisborn94

696. Posted:

@RandomWiiPlayer: Thanks for the suggestion, but I'm most likely saving the money up with a job that's most likely coming up soon. And beside, even if I planned to do that, spending money on Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom would leave me with $65. Now that's enough money, but then, I would have to spend some of it for off-campus lunch (I go outside school for lunch once a week). I would not have enough money to buy either. Basically, I won't be able to save up enough money to buy either. Even if I tried, my brother and cousin eating habits would foil all plans.

astarisborn94

AuthorMessage
Avatar

BobberyFan98

697. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

V8+Ninja wrote:

While SMG2 does technically win, I'm a bit nervous about the fact that it could drown itself in samey-ness (and more so with S&PSS). I'm personally more inclined to go with Metroid and POP:TFS just because they don't appear to get a free ride on samey-ness.

Fear not, just by looking at the trailers you can see that both games are quite a bit different from their previous games. Not as much as Other M or Forbidden Sand, but certainly enough so that it probably won't feel like you're retreading old ground.

@BF64

I think you outta get Dark Cloud just because it might be hard to find later on. It did get a lot of praise way back when it first came out, so at least it has potential. Heck, if you wait long enough, it might become worth more than what you bought it for later on....in fact, I might buy it off you if you don't like it, because I really want to play it, but I can't find it anywhere.:P

cough ITS BF"98" cough

Thanks for the recommendation! :D

-BF98 ;)


Mario Kart Wii FC: 1762-5158-8929 Name: BobberyFan
Brawl FC: 2364-1754-7283 Name: BF98
ExciteBots FC: 0990-3629-1936 Name: Bobbery

AuthorMessage
Avatar

BobberyFan98

698. Posted:

Anybody thinks this looks Legit?:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190391...

-BF98 ;)


Mario Kart Wii FC: 1762-5158-8929 Name: BobberyFan
Brawl FC: 2364-1754-7283 Name: BF98
ExciteBots FC: 0990-3629-1936 Name: Bobbery

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Rensch

699. Posted:

They look exactly like my own cartridges of those games, I'm pretty sure the ones in the photo are legit, but is that what you get?

Edited on by Rensch

Friend code 3DS: 4210-4747-2358

AuthorMessage
Avatar

BobberyFan98

700. Posted:

Just spiked up its price by $10 USD since I last checked it. I'm watching one right now that I think I will get, the seller has more feedback and is 99.0% positive feedback ;)

-BF98 ;)


Mario Kart Wii FC: 1762-5158-8929 Name: BobberyFan
Brawl FC: 2364-1754-7283 Name: BF98
ExciteBots FC: 0990-3629-1936 Name: Bobbery