General Discussion Forum

Topic: Universal Recommendations Thread

Showing 661 to 680 of 1,757

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

661. Posted:

V8+Ninja wrote:

I'm thinking about getting Dark Void Zero on Steam for $5. Any objections?

Is it out now? Holy crap, it is! I'm gettin' it!

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

V8_Ninja

662. Posted:

@Mickeymac I'm guessing that's a recommendation? :D

Edited on by V8_Ninja

Thanks given to Xkhaoz for that one avatar.
Please contact me before using my custom avatar!
A (Former) Reviewer for Digitally Downloaded.net
My Backloggery, My Anime List, and My Blog
You can email me here.

AuthorMessage

Meta-Rift

663. Posted:

I've heard good things about the LostWinds series, but I've also heard that the games are short. About how long are they?

Also, which version of Blaster Master is better? Virtual Console or WiiWare?

Meta-Rift

AuthorMessage

Oregano

664. Posted:

Rift wrote:

I've heard good things about the LostWinds series, but I've also heard that the games are short. About how long are they?

Lost Winds: 3-4 hours, Lost Winds 2: 5-6 hours. Great deal though when you consider $50-$60 games can have 5 hour campaigns.

http://www.gaminggauge.com/
My new gaming website!

AuthorMessage

RandomWiiPlayer

665. Posted:

Alan Wake vs Splinter Cell. Go.

The Game.

Is it after 9PM EST? You should probably ignore the above post.

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

666. Posted:

RandomWiiPlayer wrote:

Alan Wake because it's a new IP. While Splinter Cell: Conviction seems pretty good, it's a long-standing series that will likely get a sequel. Not so with Alan Wake.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Ravage

667. Posted:

Apparently Splinter Cell is really short, like 5 hours or something like that. Also, I don't really like that instant win button they added. Looks cool, sure, but the new one is quite a bit different from the others. Rather than sneaking around 50 guys, your tearing threw them with a button push melee kill the instant win headshots. I might buy it when its cheaper. I need to investigate this Alan Wake though. Also, gamespot, according to the ones who've played the game, got the review spot on.
Also, I found this article from a company I worked for once. I thought it was kind of a neat idea. http://www.mosaicxm.com/experiential-marketing/blog/72-Experi...

Edited on by Ravage

Sean Aaron ~ "The secret is out: I'm really an American cat-girl."
Q: How many physicists does it take to change a light bulb?
A: Two, one to hold the light bulb, the other to rotate the universe.
Just Say No To Toast!

AuthorMessage

Moco_Loco

668. Posted:

I'm temporarily limiting myself to $10 every two weeks toward gaming. I'm trying to decide on a shmup to get for that money. I've thought about everything from Star Parodier to Star Soldier R (the idea of short, time-limited levels is actually appealing to me; just one more time appeal) to Blast Works (Download user-created levels? Maybe make something over the summer? How cool is that?). My skills aren't the greatest, so I'm worried that Blast Works might be too hard, but I like the game's art style and Katamari Damacy feature. On the other hand, I love being able to just download something without going to a store. The trip to the store, waiting in line, then coming back home all add up to much more time than just waiting for a game to download. On the other hand, Blast Works looks cool. I can't decide!

Moco Loco
If you find yourself spiritually drifting (as I was for far too many years), remember that Jesus can and will walk across the water to reach you and bring you back to shore.

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

669. Posted:

Moco+Loco wrote:

I'm temporarily limiting myself to $10 every two weeks toward gaming. I'm trying to decide on a shmup to get for that money. I've thought about everything from Star Parodier to Star Soldier R (the idea of short, time-limited levels is actually appealing to me; just one more time appeal) to Blast Works (Download user-created levels? Maybe make something over the summer? How cool is that?). My skills aren't the greatest, so I'm worried that Blast Works might be too hard, but I like the game's art style and Katamari Damacy feature. On the other hand, I love being able to just download something without going to a store. The trip to the store, waiting in line, then coming back home all add up to much more time than just waiting for a game to download. On the other hand, Blast Works looks cool. I can't decide!

Eh...Blastworks does have a lot of longevity, and it is really fun...but it is really hard. I could never get very far.:( Granted, there aren't a lot of shooter on the VC service that are any easier. I mean, you can save, and it's not super-frustrating but it's still a challenge. Tell you what, look up Tumiki Fighters. It's a freeware game that Blast Works is based on. It's harder than Blast Works, but if you can find it manageable(or fun enough to keep you going), then I'd say get Blast Works.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

RandomWiiPlayer

670. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

RandomWiiPlayer wrote:

Alan Wake because it's a new IP. While Splinter Cell: Conviction seems pretty good, it's a long-standing series that will likely get a sequel. Not so with Alan Wake.

I still can't decide........... I really want a new game to play, like, now. I know that Alan Wake is only about a month away, but I can't wait. It doesn't seem like it has much replay value for when I complete it........... And I've never played a Splinter Cell game before, hell, I'm not even sure I've played a stealth game before.

The Game.

AuthorMessage

V8_Ninja

671. Posted:

I just looked at the months ahead for game releases and it looks like there will be some tough times for my wallet. Here's what's coming out;

First we have Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands, Lost Planet 2, and Split/Second all on the 18 th of May.
Next we have the great Super Mario Galaxy 2 on May 23 rd.
After that we have Blur on May 25 th.
And finally we have Sin & Punishment: Star Successor on the 7 th of June followed by Metroid: Other M on the 27 th of June.

By the end of June I'll have around $100 to spend. So, my question is: out of those games, what should I get? I know I should wait for reviews, but I need to think ahead about what games I'm more inclined to get.

Thanks given to Xkhaoz for that one avatar.
Please contact me before using my custom avatar!
A (Former) Reviewer for Digitally Downloaded.net
My Backloggery, My Anime List, and My Blog
You can email me here.

AuthorMessage

RandomWiiPlayer

672. Posted:

@V8, go with Metroid and Prince of Persia.

The Game.

AuthorMessage

WanderFan91

673. Posted:

@V8 - Super Mario Galaxy 2. :)

AKA StarBoy91
Ah, irony
Wanderloggery | StarBlog
Massive retro gamer with a heart <3
Big Wander Over Yonder fan
ActRaiser is the most overexposed Quintet SNES game ever!
23 and proud =)
To each their own

AuthorMessage

Chucko

674. Posted:

HALP! Should I get MH3?!?!?! I have never played a MH game before and the online sounds interesting.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, would you kindly?

AuthorMessage

Radixxs

675. Posted:

I'm having a problem deciding which game to buy. I can either get Monster Hunter Tri, or Red Steel 2. I've been looking forward to Red Steel 2 for a while, but after reading about MH3, I've started to feel I might enjoy it more. I know they are completely different games, but I'm having a very hard time deciding. Either way, I hope I can get the one I don't buy sooner or later, but I'm not sure I can. I've heard all the praise in the world for MH3, but most reviews for Red Steel 2 aren't as positive. Is Red Steel 2 fun, and how long does the regular gameplay last? I'm extremely limited with money, so I'm trying to be extra careful with what I buy. Thanks in advance.

I've got the body of a taut, pre-teen Swedish boy.
Covers & Korg DS-10 Originals.

AuthorMessage

Ravage

676. Posted:

RandomWiiPlayer wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

RandomWiiPlayer wrote:

I still can't decide........... I really want a new game to play, like, now. I know that Alan Wake is only about a month away, but I can't wait. It doesn't seem like it has much replay value for when I complete it........... And I've never played a Splinter Cell game before, hell, I'm not even sure I've played a stealth game before.

I would go with Splinter Cell then, the new one is very action-oriented, and should be good for someone who isn't sure if they like the genre. Plus it has co-op.

@V8: I would go with Mario and Metroid. The new PoP game doesn't look very good to me, Lost Planet controls terribly, but I guess some people like it. Metroid just looks awesome.

Sean Aaron ~ "The secret is out: I'm really an American cat-girl."
Q: How many physicists does it take to change a light bulb?
A: Two, one to hold the light bulb, the other to rotate the universe.
Just Say No To Toast!

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

677. Posted:

@V8

I say Sin & Punishment and Metroid: Other M, because S&P might get hard to find later on, and you can only afford another Wii game if you get that, and since Other M is supposed to be story focused, you might run into spoilers if you wait too long to play it.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

turtlelink

678. Posted:

Should i get twewy? I've been thinking about this for quite some time. And if you do recommend this, is there a heavy influence on the L and R buttons?
I like (just in case)
Action
Puzzles
RPG
Open world to explore
Great music and characters

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

679. Posted:

turtlelink wrote:

Should i get twewy? I've been thinking about this for quite some time. And if you do recommend this, is there a heavy influence on the L and R buttons?
I like (just in case)
Action
Puzzles
RPG
Open world to explore
Great music and characters

Sounds to me like it's a game you would like. It's got action, puzzles, RPGness, and great music & Characters. Very little exploration, though. Gotta warn you, the battles can get pretty hectic once you're a ways in. It's like playing 4 games at once. Of course, you could just play it on easy and let the computer handle most of it, but then you're just being a wuss, and people(and by people, I mean me) will make fun of you for it.:P

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

irken004

680. Posted:

Radixxs wrote:

I'm having a problem deciding which game to buy. I can either get Monster Hunter Tri, or Red Steel 2. I've been looking forward to Red Steel 2 for a while, but after reading about MH3, I've started to feel I might enjoy it more. I know they are completely different games, but I'm having a very hard time deciding. Either way, I hope I can get the one I don't buy sooner or later, but I'm not sure I can. I've heard all the praise in the world for MH3, but most reviews for Red Steel 2 aren't as positive. Is Red Steel 2 fun, and how long does the regular gameplay last? I'm extremely limited with money, so I'm trying to be extra careful with what I buy. Thanks in advance.

MONSTER HUNTER TRI!!!

Backloggery