Forums

Topic: Universal Recommendations Thread

Posts 621 to 640 of 1,991

irken004

turtlelink wrote:

But yea, try out darklord (if you still have the demo) but i haven't tried it, so you should go read some reviews while your at it

I've played through the demo, but I find the DLC to be too tempting to download

Edited on by irken004

Luigi-la-bouncy

Thanks Mickey Mac. I think I'm gonna get Demons' Souls on import. I would get Mass Effect 2 but unfortunately it's not out on PS3 yet.

Also can you answer this question if possible: Of all the WRPGs you mentioned, which is the least sinister and gloomy?

Edited on by Luigi-la-bouncy

Luigi-la-bouncy

CanisWolfred

Luigi-La-Bouncy wrote:

Thanks Mickey Mac. I think I'm gonna get Demons' Souls on import. I would get Mass Effect 2 but unfortunately it's not out on PS3 yet.

Also can you answer this question if possible: Of all the WRPGs you mentioned, which is the least sinister and gloomy?

I think Sacred 2 is the only one that's not all doom and gloom, at least, not compared to the others. Fallout 3 is also less sinister and Gloomy than it looks.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

GamingAddict

Hey, I am looking into two PS2 RPG's. Shin Megami Tensei : Persona 4 and Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria. Any thoughts on either one ?

GamingAddict

CanisWolfred

GamingAddict wrote:

Hey, I am looking into two PS2 RPG's. Shin Megami Tensei : Persona 4 and Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria. Any thoughts on either one ?

Persona 4 all the way. It's got a much better story, as well as gameplay that isn't nearly as convoluted as VP2's.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

GamingAddict

@Mickeymac I took your advice. I ordered it off of Amazon. I watched some videos and Persona 4 sure looked a lot more interesting. Thanks !

GamingAddict

HolyMackerel

@GamingAddict I'd actually recommend P3F over P4 if you haven't played it. The story and characters are far better. Still don't discount VP2 though, it's a great game - but it doesn't compare to the SMT series.

HolyMackerel

turtlelink

Should i get Fire emblem radiant dawn or path of radiance? I always wanted a Fire Emblem game, but never got one, so which should i get? (im also planning on getting shadow dragon)

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

CanisWolfred

turtlelink wrote:

Should i get Fire emblem radiant dawn or path of radiance? I always wanted a Fire Emblem game, but never got one, so which should i get? (im also planning on getting shadow dragon)

Radiant Dawn is the Direct sequel to Path of Radiance, so I'd say you're better off playing PoR first, then RD.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

CanisWolfred

Okay, two quick Q's:

I got No More Heroes 2 yesterday, but I don't have NMH1. Should I just play the game I already have, or should I wait until I get the first game and play through that?(or more likely just watch Youtube videos of it, since the gameplay in the first NMH looks and sounds terrible) I can't remember if No More Heroes 2 recaps the story, or just leaves you hanging...

Also, is it necessary to play the first Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner in order to play the second?(and I'm talking about the PS2 games with the stupidly long titles) Devil Summoner 2 seems interesting, but I really don't want to be confused throughout the story because I skipped the first game. (it lacks the Demon Negotiations, which is pretty much the only reason that I play this series)

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

HolyMackerel

@Mickeymac I haven't played either of the Devil Summoner games, but I have DS2 sitting on my shelf. My impression is that you don't need to have played the first one, even though it is a narrative predecessor. There are some references you won't get, but that's all. You get a few bonus items for loading the DS1 save file into DS2, but they're not necessary since their only worth is in selling them for Yen.

Though if you're a series completionist then by all means you should get it.

HolyMackerel

ShinRPGGamer

I have 600 points left on my DSi and I want to download a 500 point game. What would you guys recommend?

Formerly known as the artist Gmls719

1st Champion of the NLife Bowl.
Team: GmlsDragoonersUnited

Wii FC: 4905 5217 4099 5072
3DSFC: 3582 - 8742 - 0524

irken004

Gmls719 wrote:

I have 600 points left on my DSi and I want to download a 500 point game. What would you guys recommend?

I enjoyed Fieldrunners. If you like tower-defense games, that would be a good choice.

ShinRPGGamer

irken004 wrote:

Gmls719 wrote:

I enjoyed Fieldrunners. If you like tower-defense games, that would be a good choice.

To be honest, I have been thinking about getting Fieldrunners, but the 2 tower-defense games I downloaded were pretty underwhelming so I'm a bit speculative on the quality of tower-defense games for the DSIware

irken004

Gmls719 wrote:

irken004 wrote:

Gmls719 wrote:

To be honest, I have been thinking about getting Fieldrunners, but the 2 tower-defense games I downloaded were pretty underwhelming so I'm a bit speculative on the quality of tower-defense games for the DSIware

I have played Starship Patrol, and I seem to prefer Fieldrunners. It tends to have a better "tower defense" feeling than SP's, imo.

Edited on by irken004

CanisWolfred

HolyMackerel wrote:

@Mickeymac I haven't played either of the Devil Summoner games, but I have DS2 sitting on my shelf. My impression is that you don't need to have played the first one, even though it is a narrative predecessor. There are some references you won't get, but that's all. You get a few bonus items for loading the DS1 save file into DS2, but they're not necessary since their only worth is in selling them for Yen.

Though if you're a series completionist then by all means you should get it.

Well that's good. So long as I won't be totally and utterly confused, I'd be alright. Thanks.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

ShinRPGGamer

irken004 wrote:

Gmls719 wrote:

irken004 wrote:

Gmls719 wrote:

I have played Starship Patrol, and I seem to prefer Fieldrunners. It tends to have better "tower defense" feeling than SP's, imo.

You know I think i will think I will take a chance and get Fieldrunners thanks for the help.

irken004

Gmls719 wrote:

You know I think i will think I will take a chance and get Fieldrunners thanks for the help.

Great! Hope you enjoy it

HolyMackerel

I like Star Patrol better than Fieldrunners, but Fieldrunners will last longer. Star Patrol has 30 levels which you can only play once or twice, while Fieldrunners is a lot closer to the genre. Star Patrol will last for a long time though - the levels are difficult and more fun to play than Fieldrunners' levels.

HolyMackerel

TKOWL

I need a game for 500 points. I already have all the Mega Mans and the Marios for NES, and the only 500 points game for WiiWare I have is Tonnea Sanner.

Backloggery | Art Blog

Nintendo Network ID: Ryanknight-TKOWL | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic