General Discussion Forum

Topic: Universal Recommendations Thread

Showing 601 to 620 of 1,718

AuthorMessage

turtlelink

601. Posted:

Should i get the Conduit? I recently got the wii speak, so i thought it would make the game feel better.

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

602. Posted:

turtlelink wrote:

Should i get the Conduit? I recently got the wii speak, so i thought it would make the game feel better.

You can only use Wii Speak with friends. And the online is very laggy and glitchy, full of hackers and glitchers which really diminishes the overall enjoyment of the game. It takes a little over forever to get into a game. Not worth it for the online. Nor offline.

I recommend Call of Duty 4 on the Wii. Much, much better than Conduit.

Digitally Downloaded.
PlayStation Network: JosephDigital
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

603. Posted:

Chrono+Cross wrote:

turtlelink wrote:

You can only use Wii Speak with friends. And the online is very laggy and glitchy, full of hackers and glitchers which really diminishes the overall enjoyment of the game. It takes a little over forever to get into a game. Not worth it for the online. Nor offline.

I recommend Call of Duty 4 on the Wii. Much, much better than Conduit.

Listen to this man, he knows what he's talking about.

Okay, one last time:

Should I watch Aquarion, Magical Knight Rayearth, or Ranma 1/2?

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

deshadow52

604. Posted:

Okay this question is for the hardcore Castlevania fans and it is, I am looking to buy either Super Castlevania IV or Castlevania Rondo of Blood for the virtual console which one should i get first?

deshadow52

AuthorMessage

the_shpydar

605. Posted:

Rondo of Blood. Super Castlevania IV is great, so you can't go wrong either way. But there's just something about Rondo that makes it a better a game IMO.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong. Also, Lindsey Stirling. Because violin awesomeness.
Current E.T. count: 12 Copies. 2 Sealed, 6 CIB, 3 Boxed, 1 Loose.

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

AuthorMessage

deshadow52

606. Posted:

hey thanks shpydar. I was thinking of waiting to see if anyone else would answer but I'm guessing if i wait for more responses i'll just get people saying Rondo of Blood am I?

deshadow52

AuthorMessage

cheetahman91

607. Posted:

I would say for you to get SCIV, but you really can't go wrong with either.

Nintendolife Chatroom
Backloggery
GameSpot
Youtube
Jesus is the only way.
It's OK for someone to have an opinion. This ain't the Soviet Union you know.

Nintendo Network ID: cheetahman91

AuthorMessage

deshadow52

608. Posted:

Oh I guess I was wrong. anyone want to break the tie?

deshadow52

AuthorMessage

moomoo

609. Posted:

deshadow52 wrote:

Oh I guess I was wrong. anyone want to break the tie?

Unquestionably Rondo of Blood (from a Turbografx fanboy.)
From a real perspective, I still say Rondo of Blood. I just liked the alternate paths, characters, etc. Has a lot more value.
What I most recommend is both.

Edited on by moomoo

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

AuthorMessage

deshadow52

610. Posted:

Rondo of blood it is. I'm actually going to buy the second one eventually its just I don't have enough wii points at the moment. Maybe next month i'll buy Super Castlevania IV, sorry Simon.

Thanks again to anyone who suggested.

deshadow52

AuthorMessage

Supermarioman

611. Posted:

Should I Buy Red Steel 2 (Game Only) or buy Excitebots, Rabbids Go Home, and The Conduit? 3 Vs. 1 and I don't know really (I had decided but then I began to rethink my decision) Which should I get, I may be able to get one other game with Red Steel 2 but that would be it seeing as a I will soon need money for Monster Hunter 3.

Supermarioman

AuthorMessage

Roebuck77

612. Posted:

One thing's for sure; don't get The Conduit. Part 2 is coming out soon enough.

Roebuck77

AuthorMessage

Luigi-La-Bouncy

613. Posted:

Elder Scrolls 4 / Dragon Age Origins / Demon's Souls or any other Western RPG for the PS3 or Wii?

Help!

Luigi-La-Bouncy

AuthorMessage

RandomWiiPlayer

614. Posted:

How much do Rock Band games cost if you get the game and just one guitar?

I'm trying to decide between saving for Green Day Rock Band (My favorite band, I can't help it) or just buying a DS game or two. I'm leaning towards Green Day Rock Band, at the moment.

The Game.

Is it after 9PM EST? You should probably ignore the above post.

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

615. Posted:

Supermarioman wrote:

Should I Buy Red Steel 2 (Game Only) or buy Excitebots, Rabbids Go Home, and The Conduit? 3 Vs. 1 and I don't know really (I had decided but then I began to rethink my decision) Which should I get, I may be able to get one other game with Red Steel 2 but that would be it seeing as a I will soon need money for Monster Hunter 3.

Lessee, one good game vs. 3 mediocre games. I say go for the one. Besides, it's not like you'll have the time to spend with all 3 of them once you get the free-time sponge that is Monster Hunter.:P

Luigi-La-Bouncy wrote:

Elder Scrolls 4 / Dragon Age Origins / Demon's Souls or any other Western RPG for the PS3 or Wii?

Help!

I'm not even quite sure what you're asking. Do you need help in those games? Do you need help choosing a game? You really outta make your questions more clear, man. Personally, I'd choose Demon's Souls above all the others, because it's supposedly more challenging (plus, it's technically a JRPG styled after Western RPGs, so it has a style and gameplay that I can appreciate), but that's just me.

Elder Scrolls 4, if nothing else, will give you the most value for dollar, especially if you get the Game of the Year Edition, which comes with the expansions packed in. Trust me, it'll last you hundreds of hour if you try to do everything.

By all accounts from my friends who won't shut up about it, Dragon Age is worth the money. However, it is the newst of the bunch, and certainly the most expensive, especially if you want the DLC. Also, if you prefer a more strategy-oriented game, I suggest getting the PC version instead, since the console version is more action-oriented, a la Buldur's Gate: Dark Alliance.

As for other games for the PS3 not already listed, the only ones I know of that are worth the money are Fallout 3, Mass Effect 1 and 2, and Sacred 2. Fallout and Mass Effect need no introduction, if you don't have them already, and don't mind the shooter-based mechanics, get it ASAP. Sacred 2 is sort of a Diablo-style RPG where you just go around, take on missions, explore the vast world, and kill hajillions of enemies. If is kind of repetitive, but if that's the kind of game you like, you'll love Sacred 2.

Oh, and last I checked, there are no Western RPGs on the Wii.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

V8_Ninja

616. Posted:

I'm thinking about getting Saira, a sort-of Knytt Stories inspired game, and Shatter, a very interesting looking brick-breaking game, both on Steam instead of waiting for my wallet to have enough money to buy Red Steel 2. So, should I get both Saira and Shatter on Steam ($10 each), or wait for Red Steel 2?

EDIT: I'm also looking into Burnout Paradise (since I'm a huge fan of Burnout 3), so the real question now is should I get Saira & Shatter, Burnout Paradise, or Red Steel 2?

Edited on by V8_Ninja

Thanks given to Xkhaoz for that one avatar.
A (Former) News Reporter/Opinionated Editorial Writer/Reviewer for Digitally Downloaded.net
My Backloggery, My Anime List, and My Blog
You can email me here.

AuthorMessage

HolyMackerel

617. Posted:

@V8 Ninja I don't know about either Saira or Shatter, but have you looked at the GOG Spring Sale? It's not lasting much longer and there are big discounts on excellent PC games there.

× steam

3DS Friend Code: 4098-3796-9042

AuthorMessage

irken004

618. Posted:

Roebuck77 wrote:

One thing's for sure: get The Conduit. Part 2 is coming out.

Fixed :D

Backloggery

AuthorMessage

irken004

619. Posted:

I have 1000 Wii points left, and was thinking of some kind of strategy game. The ones that interest me now are Crystal Defenders R1 or R2, and My Life as a Darklord. I'm leaning towards R1 or R2, since they are cheaper and have a different graphic style than MLaaD. What do you guys think?

Backloggery

AuthorMessage

HolyMackerel

620. Posted:

Darklord is a great tower defense game, though it's a challenge to get through without buying any DLC. Which is what I'm trying to do. :) Crystal Defenders seem to have been received much worse in general than Darklord too.

× steam

3DS Friend Code: 4098-3796-9042