General Discussion Forum

Topic: Universal Recommendations Thread

Showing 561 to 580 of 1,757

AuthorMessage

Scottie

561. Posted:

@vander
Thanks for that but would you recommend Frogger Returns or Tomena Sanner that is my main question?

Scottie

AuthorMessage

Vander

562. Posted:

@holymackerel:

-World of Goo (1500 points, puzzle/conscrution/physics game)
-Onslaught (1000 points, shooter)
-Swords & Soldiers (1000, Real Time Strategy, great for newbies to the genre)

Those are 3 quality games (and my favorite WiiWare games :))

@scottie: I haven't played either but I've played games simillar to frogger and it's good for 500 points. Maybe someone else can help you with the other game because I don't know what it is

Edited on by Vander

go to www.virtualhamgames.com for great original independent games, a help service, and reviews for our games.
-a Virtual Ham Games fan

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

563. Posted:

Scottie wrote:

@vander
Thanks for that but would you recommend Frogger Returns or Tomena Sanner that is my main question?

Tomanna Sanner is pretty fun and addicting for a $5 game. I've never been a fan of Frogger, but from what I've seen and heard, it's pretty similar to the original, with more content, better graphics and such. If you like Frogger, it'd probably be worth it.

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

HolyMackerel

564. Posted:

Thanks for the recs. :) Swords & Soldiers went completely under my radar but it's exactly the sort of game I was looking for! :D I got that. I already have World of Goo on PC and all of the PW games on the DS.

Does anyone still play Overturn online?

I've been thinking Art of Balance looks good but doesn't it only have 100 levels or something? It would run out pretty fast surely.

× steam

3DS Friend Code: 4098-3796-9042

AuthorMessage

Roo

565. Posted:

Scottie wrote:

Frogger Returns is solid, but something (like) you can find on many internet sites. There isn't a lot to it either - I've played it for about two hours in all, and likely won't play it again.

Tomena Sanner is a minor classic. Excluding Bonsai Barber and MaBoShi, its the best thing on WiiWare.

http://backloggery.com/rossdp

AuthorMessage

ShinRPGGamer

566. Posted:

I have a question, should I save my points for next week or Get Orge battle 64?

Formerly known as the artist Gmls719

1st Champion of the NLife Bowl.
Team: GmlsDragoonersUnited

Wii FC: 4905 5217 4099 5072
3DSFC: 3582 - 8742 - 0524

AuthorMessage

Scottie

567. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

Scottie wrote:

@vander

Tomanna Sanner is pretty fun and addicting for a $5 game. I've never been a fan of Frogger, but from what I've seen and heard, it's pretty similar to the original, with more content, better graphics and such. If you like Frogger, it'd probably be worth it.

Thanks for that think i will download Tomanna Sanner though seems more up my street.

Scottie

AuthorMessage

Scottie

568. Posted:

Roo wrote:

Scottie wrote:

Frogger Returns is solid, but something (like) you can find on many internet sites. There isn't a lot to it either - I've played it for about two hours in all, and likely won't play it again.

Tomena Sanner is a minor classic. Excluding Bonsai Barber and MaBoShi, its the best thing on WiiWare.

Thanks Roo i will give Frogger a miss and get Tomena Sanner. Thanks for everyones views on this, excellent service!!

Scottie

AuthorMessage

R-L-A-George

569. Posted:

I need a few suggestions...

I looking for good DS games with 3D graphics, I don't know why they are rare. Like Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days.

Pokemon Black: 2150 8208 3279 Soul Silver: 3094 9507 1275 Platinum: 0044 9189 6528

3DS Friend Code: 1075-1459-7893 | Nintendo Network ID: Osaka7524 | Twitter: R_L_A_G67252

AuthorMessage

kellykel

570. Posted:

R-L-A-George wrote:

I looking for good DS games with 3D graphics, I don't know why they are rare. Like Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days.

Chibi Robo Park Patrol is addicting but I am not sure it will appeal to your tastes.

Backloggery: http://backloggery.com/kellykel

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

571. Posted:

R-L-A-George wrote:

Well there's Super Mario 64 DS, Animal Crossing WW, and Zelda (if you consider it 3-D since people on this site like to debate about it.)
Otherwise man, I'm no help. :P

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage

cheetahman91

572. Posted:

R-L-A-George wrote:

Super Mario 64 DS, Mario Party DS, and Animal Crossing: Wild World.

Nintendolife Chatroom
Backloggery
GameSpot
Youtube
Jesus is the only way.
It's OK for someone to have an opinion. This ain't the Soviet Union you know.

Nintendo Network ID: cheetahman91

AuthorMessage

R-L-A-George

573. Posted:

kellykel wrote:

R-L-A-George wrote:

Chibi Robo Park Patrol is addicting but I am not sure it will appeal to your tastes.

I might like Chibi Robo, my taste are pretty universal.

@Chrono Cross, @Cheetah I'm definitly getting Super Mario 64 for DS.

Pokemon Black: 2150 8208 3279 Soul Silver: 3094 9507 1275 Platinum: 0044 9189 6528

3DS Friend Code: 1075-1459-7893 | Nintendo Network ID: Osaka7524 | Twitter: R_L_A_G67252

AuthorMessage

NotEnoughGolds

574. Posted:

HolyMackerel wrote:

What WiiWare games would you recommend I get? It's been a while since I last checked the reviews and updates on WiiWare, and it seems like there's a lot of good games out now. I'm not interested in any VC titles. Here's what I already have:

• Tetris Party
  • FFCC: Darklord
  • Tomena Sanner
  • Cave Story
  • Master Blaster Overdrive

I would recommend Mega Man 9 and 10, as well as NyxQuest: Kindred Spirits (all 1000 points).

NotEnoughGolds

AuthorMessage

irken004

575. Posted:

HolyMackerel wrote:

Does anyone still play Overturn online?

I do :)

Backloggery

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

576. Posted:

Haven't Done this in a while
Which game should I play first? Street Fighter 3, Starcraft, or Shin Megami Tensai: Strange Journey?

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Scottie

577. Posted:

Is Zelda II: The Adventures of Link any good? I love Zelda games and have all of them except this one, is it worth getting for only 500 points?

Scottie

AuthorMessage

NotEnoughGolds

578. Posted:

Scottie wrote:

Is Zelda II: The Adventures of Link any good? I love Zelda games and have all of them except this one, is it worth getting for only 500 points?

You'll find some users on here (like StarBoy, Adam, and myself) that absolutely love this game.
It's challenging, but once you get used to fighting the more advanced enemies (for example, using the jump-slash technique against Iron Knuckles), it's really very fun and rewarding.

It's not the toughest NES game out there (Mega Man, Ghosts 'n Goblins, Kid Icarus, Metroid, Castlevania III, Ninja Gaiden, and plenty of others are much tougher imo), but it's definitely much harder than any of the other Zelda games.

NotEnoughGolds

AuthorMessage

Scottie

579. Posted:

@NotEnoughGolds
Thanks for your opinions so you think it is still worth a download? How many hours worth are in this game? Is it better then the first Zelda on the NES.

Scottie

AuthorMessage

Percentful

580. Posted:

I might as well post here also.
I can't decide between Wario Ware D.I.Y and Soul Silver. I know I would enjoy both immensely, but I just can't decide between them.

Just let it happen.

3DS Friend Code: 5026-4947-0924 | Nintendo Network ID: Percentful