General Discussion Forum

Topic: Universal Recommendations Thread

Showing 541 to 560 of 1,718

AuthorMessage

Saber

541. Posted:

Get sonic and megaman collections that way you get like 24 games for 20 bucks :)

Why waste 10 buckes on just two game lol

SSBB: 1634-4624-0179

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

542. Posted:

Dragoon wrote:

I'm going to buy a Wii Points Card so I can get the Bass DLC in MM10, also going to be using it on some DLC in MM9. I plan to buy a game for 1000 Points. What Wiiware game or VC game should I get for 1000 points?

Wait until Cave Story comes out next Monday.

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

543. Posted:

mnementh wrote:

i'm thinking of buying a Dsi XL and I need help to choose some games. It's my first handheld since forever. My favourite games here would probably be brawlers / hack n slashes... like Final Fight... if you ever played Darkman on the original gameboy for example, and platformers. But I don't want a Mario game because I have enough on the Wii. Also I still need to play some more Zelda games on the Wii/VC so I don't think I'll get Zelda. I was thinking maybe some light RPG's.

Here is what I was thinking:

The World Ends With You
Space Invaders Extreme 2
WarioWare DIY
Maybe Kingdom Hearts 358/2 (but I haven't played them before)
Maybe GTA Chinatown wars?

Now, am i missing some must have game? i will buy the games in the U.S and then i won't be able to buy a DS game for a long time, so I don't want to miss something huge. I wanted Scribblenauts but I'll wait till Scribblenauts2.... and one day buy that.

If you're looking for a light RPG, TWEWY would be too much for you. I'd suggest a Mario & Luigi game for that, though I suppose Kingdom Hearts would work, too. I don't think there are any DS beat 'em ups unfortunately. The closest thing I can think of is Viewtiful Joe: Double Trouble.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

mnementh

544. Posted:

thanks. that's kind of disappointing. i really don't know which games to buy and I'm still not sure if I'll buy the system or not. I have SO MANY wii titles that I haven't played yet, so does it make even sense if I won't travel too much? .. and I really did want to play beat-em-ups like I played on the Gameboy and the VC... and the Wii too, like MadWorld.. those are the games that give me the most pleasure I think. It can be an RPG beat em up in the sense of Diablo.. I thought the DS has those.

Edited on by mnementh

So ends a saga older than time itself.
The World's oldest and fiercest army has been led to victory, and a lost generation
is delivered from its fear of extinction. As the sun sets over the
field of conflict the dinosaurs disperse, hoping never to set foot
in this place again.

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

545. Posted:

mnementh wrote:

It can be an RPG beat em up in the sense of Diablo.. I thought the DS has those.

Oh yeah, Dungeon Crawlers. The DS has those. You don't hear about those much, since most people hate them and find them too repetitive. I love 'em, though the only DS ones I know of are Lunar Knights and Children of Mana, both of which I can recommend.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

mnementh

546. Posted:

thanks! I like repetitiveness in games.. it frees your mind.

So ends a saga older than time itself.
The World's oldest and fiercest army has been led to victory, and a lost generation
is delivered from its fear of extinction. As the sun sets over the
field of conflict the dinosaurs disperse, hoping never to set foot
in this place again.

AuthorMessage

BobberyFan98

547. Posted:

Alright, I have decided that I am going to get Megaman 10 Instead of Donkey Kong Country and another 500 poing Budget title, the question is, will I enjoy it? I personally think I will since there is an Easy mode ;)

-BF98 ;)

Mario Kart Wii FC: 1762-5158-8929 Name: BobberyFan
Brawl FC: 2364-1754-7283 Name: BF98
ExciteBots FC: 0990-3629-1936 Name: Bobbery

AuthorMessage

FonistofCruxis

548. Posted:

1.Should I get the game and watch games on dsiware or the game and watch gallery games?

2. mega man anniversary collection or no more heroes? As I live in Europe, would a gamecube freeloader work for megaman anniversary collection?

Edited on by FonistofCruxis

Neilloggery

AuthorMessage

V8_Ninja

549. Posted:

I've been thinking about Sonic Unleashed for the Wii. Is it worth sitting threw the supposedly awful nighttime stages?

Thanks given to Xkhaoz for that one avatar.
A (Former) News Reporter/Opinionated Editorial Writer/Reviewer for Digitally Downloaded.net
My Backloggery, My Anime List, and My Blog
You can email me here.

AuthorMessage

irken004

550. Posted:

V8+Ninja wrote:

I've been thinking about Sonic Unleashed for the Wii. Is it worth sitting threw the supposedly awful nighttime stages?

I would think so, especially if u can find the game for about $20 or less.

Personally, the nighttime stages aren't too bad, they're just repetitive and use a little puzzle solving.

Backloggery

AuthorMessage

Scottie

551. Posted:

Hi, i have 500 points as well should i get Frogger Returns or Tomena Sanner for the wiiware service? Or both?!!

Scottie

AuthorMessage

Vander

552. Posted:

@Scottie: Frogger returns is just like the frogger arcade game with updated graphics and I think a few new river/land-crossing platforms. For 500 points that's not bad, or if you like any VC get a NES game.

@Mariofanatic: Get G&W gallery games. I got G&W gallery 4 (GBA) for $3.99 at a local game store and I saw it at Gamestop for $4.99 so that's a good deal. It's great. Quite a few G&W games, but not all. I'm going to keep my eye out for the rest of the G&W Gallery games.

go to www.virtualhamgames.com for great original independent games, a help service, and reviews for our games.
-a Virtual Ham Games fan

AuthorMessage

FonistofCruxis

553. Posted:

Thanks for the advice.

Neilloggery

AuthorMessage

HolyMackerel

554. Posted:

What WiiWare games would you recommend I get? It's been a while since I last checked the reviews and updates on WiiWare, and it seems like there's a lot of good games out now. I'm not interested in any VC titles. Here's what I already have:

• Tetris Party
  • FFCC: Darklord
  • Tomena Sanner
  • Cave Story
  • Master Blaster Overdrive

× steam

3DS Friend Code: 4098-3796-9042

AuthorMessage

irken004

555. Posted:

@HolyMackerel Maybe you would like Overturn or Onslaught? They are both arcade-style games that involve shooting (Overturn is 3rd person with customizeable robots, Onslaught is 1st person with optional weapons and vehicles)

Backloggery

AuthorMessage

Oregano

556. Posted:

@mnementh: The two Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles game on the DS might tickle your fancy as well. They're dungeon crawlers with lots of phat lewt!

I have a predicament, I have 1200 points on my Wii and I don't know when I'll be able to get any more, I want both Art of Balance and Ogre Battle 64. Which should I get?

http://www.gaminggauge.com/
My new gaming website!

AuthorMessage

TKOWL

557. Posted:

Should I buy a Mario Plushie or a Kirby Plushie?

Backloggery | Art Blog

Nintendo Network ID: Ryanknight-TKOWL | Twitter: TKOWL

AuthorMessage

NintenFreak

558. Posted:

im going to gamestop today and im not sure what to get. i plan on getting red steel 2 and warioware D.I.Y. or get some nintendo points. any good ds/wii games i should get?

Nintenfreak

AuthorMessage

irken004

559. Posted:

Dragoon wrote:

Should I buy a Mario Plushie or a Kirby Plushie?

Kirby. It just makes sense.

No one wants a squishy MARIO :P

Backloggery

AuthorMessage

ShinRPGGamer

560. Posted:

HolyMackerel wrote:

What WiiWare games would you recommend I get? It's been a while since I last checked the reviews and updates on WiiWare, and it seems like there's a lot of good games out now. I'm not interested in any VC titles. Here's what I already have:

• Tetris Party
  • FFCC: Darklord
  • Tomena Sanner
  • Cave Story
  • Master Blaster Overdrive

If you like pokemon, then you should get pokemon rumble

if you want a puzzler, then you should get art of balance

if you don't have PW on the ds, you should get the first 2

And that's all I feel like typing for now

Edited on by ShinRPGGamer

Formerly known as the artist Gmls719

1st Champion of the NLife Bowl.