General Discussion Forum

Topic: Universal Recommendations Thread

Showing 521 to 540 of 1,757

AuthorMessage
Avatar

turtlelink

521. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

turtlelink wrote:

mega man powered up or maverix hunter X?

Maverick Hunter X! Regular Mega Man X is one of the best in the franchise, and the PSP version just sweeten's the deal!:D Plus it comes with a demo of Powered Up, which will likely turn you off the idea of purchasing the full game.

Ok, two things. I'll admit that i already owned both games and that i just wanted to see others opinions, but to me, powered up is miles better. Second thing: Monster Hunter Tri looks and sounds really fun but i never played a single game in the series in my life! Should i get it?

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

BobberyFan98

522. Posted:

StarBoy91 wrote:

  • Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
  • Secret of Mana
  • Ys Book I & II
  • Neutopia
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
    PAPER MARIO!

RPGs are awesome, and any of these will be a good option. :)

AHEM! DO I HAVE TO DO EVERYTHING MYSELF!?! YOU FORGOT PAPER MARIO! :O

-BF98 ;)


Mario Kart Wii FC: 1762-5158-8929 Name: BobberyFan
Brawl FC: 2364-1754-7283 Name: BF98
ExciteBots FC: 0990-3629-1936 Name: Bobbery

AuthorMessage
Avatar

BobberyFan98

523. Posted:

Alright, i am now down to either Super Mario Kart or Donkey Kong Country then buying a 500 point Budget title, so, which should i get?

-BF98 ;)


Mario Kart Wii FC: 1762-5158-8929 Name: BobberyFan
Brawl FC: 2364-1754-7283 Name: BF98
ExciteBots FC: 0990-3629-1936 Name: Bobbery

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TKOWL

524. Posted:

BobberyFan98 wrote:

Alright, i am now down to either Super Mario Kart or Donkey Kong Country then buying a 500 point Budget title, so, which should i get?

-BF98 ;)

Get Super Mario Kart, then buy Mega Man 2 for your budget title. Or just don't buy either of them and get Megaman 9 or 10.

Backloggery | Art Blog

Nintendo Network ID: Ryanknight-TKOWL | Twitter: TKOWL

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WanderFan91

525. Posted:

@BobberyFan - haven't played too much Paper Mario really (only on visiting hours), but I thought it was a good RPG. :)

AKA StarBoy91
Ah, irony
Wanderloggery | StarBlog
Massive retro gamer with a heart <3
Big Wander Over Yonder fan
ActRaiser is the most overexposed Quintet SNES game ever!
23 and proud =)
To each their own

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

526. Posted:

BobberyFan98 wrote:

Alright, i am now down to either Super Mario Kart or Donkey Kong Country then buying a 500 point Budget title, so, which should i get?

-BF98 ;)

Donkey Kong Country and Zelda 2, IMO. DKC will last you longer, so you'll get more bang for yer buck. I'd recommend Zelda II because you like RPGs, and Zelda II is the least frustrating out of the 500 point ones.

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

BobberyFan98

527. Posted:

I think i know what i will do. I will buy Donkey Kong Country now, then Super Mario Kart later. And as for my budget title, i was thinking about Equilibrio. Also, i would prefer my budget title be a WiiWare game ;)

-BF98 ;)


Mario Kart Wii FC: 1762-5158-8929 Name: BobberyFan
Brawl FC: 2364-1754-7283 Name: BF98
ExciteBots FC: 0990-3629-1936 Name: Bobbery

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

528. Posted:

turtlelink wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

turtlelink wrote:

mega man powered up or maverix hunter X?

Maverick Hunter X! Regular Mega Man X is one of the best in the franchise, and the PSP version just sweeten's the deal!:D Plus it comes with a demo of Powered Up, which will likely turn you off the idea of purchasing the full game.

Ok, two things. I'll admit that i already owned both games and that i just wanted to see others opinions, but to me, powered up is miles better. Second thing: Monster Hunter Tri looks and sounds really fun but i never played a single game in the series in my life! Should i get it?

Well, IMO, Mega Man Powered-Up ain't really worth the price. Mega Man 1 was a good game, but a very flawed one as well. Judging from the demo I played, Mega Man Powered-Up does nothing to mediate any of these flaws, despite the fact that all of its sequels did. Not to mention the only extras it offers are multiple difficulty levels, which don't seem to change a whole lot, a wider screen that sorta helps but not much, a mode that lets you play the game with stupid goofy 3D graphics that look worse than the original pixel art, as well as the only major additions: Two brand-new never before seen levels. Now that in itself might make a person who was completely happy with Mega Man 1 giddy, but personally I can't see how playing more of a flawed game can be at all appealing. I'd rather get a game that's exactly like a game I already own, minus the flaws. That in and of itself would make it far more enjoyable than the original product.

Maverick Hunter X, on the otherhand, it fully worth its asking price in my honest opinion. Not only is the original game a classic that plays just as great my today's standards as it did back when it was first release(many would agree that even its sequels have yet to best it), but the PSP version actually strives to mediate some of the weaknesses of the original, and I honestly feel that it did a good job with it and actually made the game feel fresh, rather than just a rerelease with a new coat of paint. I mean hell, it's got brand new Fortress levels that are actually fun and challenging, where as the original they were far too easy and forget able. It also has a bunch of post-game extras such as a new character that actually plays differently from X and a Hard mode, all of which make the game worth playing through multiple times. Not to mention the 3D graphics actually complimented the original artwork this time around.

Really, I know you said you got both already, but if I had to recommend either of the two to anybody - ANYBODY - unless they really loved Mega Man 1, and hated Mega Man X, I'd personally have to recommend Maverick Hunter X over Powered-Up each and every time. They're both good games, for sure, but IMO, MMMHX is worth so much more.

....well, now that I've had a chance to gush over my favorite game, I can say I'm quite interested in you're rebuttle, Mr.Turtlelink.:)

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

529. Posted:

BobberyFan98 wrote:

I think i know what i will do. I will buy Donkey Kong Country now, then Super Mario Kart later. And as for my budget title, i was thinking about Equilibrio. Also, i would prefer my budget title be a WiiWare game ;)

-BF98 ;)

Weren't the controls in the Wiiware version of Equilibro pretty much broken?:| It's your money, but budget title or not, I've heard few positive comments about that game.

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

turtlelink

530. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

turtlelink wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

turtlelink wrote:

mega man powered up or maverix hunter X?

Maverick Hunter X! Regular Mega Man X is one of the best in the franchise, and the PSP version just sweeten's the deal!:D Plus it comes with a demo of Powered Up, which will likely turn you off the idea of purchasing the full game.

Ok, two things. I'll admit that i already owned both games and that i just wanted to see others opinions, but to me, powered up is miles better. Second thing: Monster Hunter Tri looks and sounds really fun but i never played a single game in the series in my life! Should i get it?

Well, IMO, Mega Man Powered-Up ain't really worth the price. Mega Man 1 was a good game, but a very flawed one as well. Judging from the demo I played, Mega Man Powered-Up does nothing to mediate any of these flaws, despite the fact that all of its sequels did. Not to mention the only extras it offers are multiple difficulty levels, which don't seem to change a whole lot, a wider screen that sorta helps but not much, a mode that lets you play the game with stupid goofy 3D graphics that look worse than the original pixel art, as well as the only major additions: Two brand-new never before seen levels. Now that in itself might make a person who was completely happy with Mega Man 1 giddy, but personally I can't see how playing more of a flawed game can be at all appealing. I'd rather get a game that's exactly like a game I already own, minus the flaws. That in and of itself would make it far more enjoyable than the original product.

Maverick Hunter X, on the otherhand, it fully worth its asking price in my honest opinion. Not only is the original game a classic that plays just as great my today's standards as it did back when it was first release(many would agree that even its sequels have yet to best it), but the PSP version actually strives to mediate some of the weaknesses of the original, and I honestly feel that it did a good job with it and actually made the game feel fresh, rather than just a rerelease with a new coat of paint. I mean hell, it's got brand new Fortress levels that are actually fun and challenging, where as the original they were far too easy and forget able. It also has a bunch of post-game extras such as a new character that actually plays differently from X and a Hard mode, all of which make the game worth playing through multiple times. Not to mention the 3D graphics actually complimented the original artwork this time around.

Really, I know you said you got both already, but if I had to recommend either of the two to anybody - ANYBODY - unless they really loved Mega Man 1, and hated Mega Man X, I'd personally have to recommend Maverick Hunter X over Powered-Up each and every time. They're both good games, for sure, but IMO, MMMHX is worth so much more.

....well, now that I've had a chance to gush over my favorite game, I can say I'm quite interested in you're rebuttle, Mr.Turtlelink.:)

(Yes, he called me Mr.!) You have pretty good reasons cause i kinda like the visuals in maverick hunter X than powered up, but to me, powered up has much more replay value, cause the levels where fun to me, and it pretty ,much included the original megaman game (with chibi graphics), and has a stage builder! But all in all, I would reccomend both to any megaman fan. Now, if someone could answer the Monster Hunter Tri question...

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

531. Posted:

@Monster Hunter Tri...I mean TurtleLink

Doh! I forgot to answer your other question.:P

Don't bother with the single player in Monster Hunter unless your internet is out or something, because, judging from my experience with the series, it can be extremely tedious without friends. Now, I'm not sure if this one includes helper bots or not, though. If it did, I know it would surely help, since I remember one of the early bosses in Monster Hunters Freedom Unite took me upwards of an hour to defeat on my own. Was it epic? Yes. Was it tedious as $h!t? Hell yes. My best advice would be that if you can set it up so you have some friends to play with - even internet friends - then I'd say go ahead, jump right it. But if you're playing it for just a singleplayer experience, I'd suggest you hold off on it, unless you know you have a ton of patience.

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

turtlelink

532. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

@Monster Hunter Tri...I mean TurtleLink

Doh! I forgot to answer your other question.:P

Don't bother with the single player in Monster Hunter unless your internet is out or something, because, judging from my experience with the series, it can be extremely tedious without friends. Now, I'm not sure if this one includes helper bots or not, though. If it did, I know it would surely help, since I remember one of the early bosses in Monster Hunters Freedom Unite took me upwards of an hour to defeat on my own. Was it epic? Yes. Was it tedious as $h!t? Hell yes. My best advice would be that if you can set it up so you have some friends to play with - even internet friends - then I'd say go ahead, jump right it. But if you're playing it for just a singleplayer experience, I'd suggest you hold off on it, unless you know you have a ton of patience.

Ok. I might get it cause i love online play with friends. My pals would probably get it.

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RandomWiiPlayer

533. Posted:

Okay.... Tough decision for me.

Nintendo DS Lite with Soul Silver and some other DS game that I haven't decided on yet (Soul Silver is one of those console selling games for me)
OR
Splinter Cell Conviction preorder, Alan Wake preorder, and Mario Galaxy 2 preorder?
I have $195 to blow, so if I get the DS lite and Soul Silver then I only have about $30 left.

The Game.

Is it after 9PM EST? You should probably ignore the above post.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

534. Posted:

RandomWiiPlayer wrote:

Okay.... Tough decision for me.

Nintendo DS Lite with Soul Silver and some other DS game that I haven't decided on yet (Soul Silver is one of those console selling games for me)
OR
Splinter Cell Conviction preorder, Alan Wake preorder, and Mario Galaxy 2 preorder?
I have $195 to blow, so if I get the DS lite and Soul Silver then I only have about $30 left.

I think you'll get more out of those pre-orders than you would with a DSLite. Pokemon is nice and all, but it's still pokemon. It'll be there. You don't seem like the type who'd play much else on the DS, either. You've been raving about Alan Wake for months, and it doesn't seem like it'll disappoint, and those other games look pretty good too. Honestly, unless you can find a really cheap one that still in good shape, and can still afford Pokemon and Alan Wake, I think you'd be better off with the pre-orders. Plus, you could always sell the games and/or bonuses later and put the money towards a used DS and Soul Silver game if you'd like.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RandomWiiPlayer

535. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

RandomWiiPlayer wrote:

Okay.... Tough decision for me.

Nintendo DS Lite with Soul Silver and some other DS game that I haven't decided on yet (Soul Silver is one of those console selling games for me)
OR
Splinter Cell Conviction preorder, Alan Wake preorder, and Mario Galaxy 2 preorder?
I have $195 to blow, so if I get the DS lite and Soul Silver then I only have about $30 left.

I think you'll get more out of those pre-orders than you would with a DSLite. Pokemon is nice and all, but it's still pokemon. It'll be there. You don't seem like the type who'd play much else on the DS, either. You've been raving about Alan Wake for months, and it doesn't seem like it'll disappoint, and those other games look pretty good too. Honestly, unless you can find a really cheap one that still in good shape, and can still afford Pokemon and Alan Wake, I think you'd be better off with the pre-orders. Plus, you could always sell the games and/or bonuses later and put the money towards a used DS and Soul Silver game if you'd like.

You're right, I'm not. I've tried before, if I were to buy a DS it would be my 3rd..... :P
Thanks, I'll probably go with the preorders.

The Game.

Is it after 9PM EST? You should probably ignore the above post.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

mnementh

536. Posted:

i'm thinking of buying a Dsi XL and I need help to choose some games. It's my first handheld since forever. My favourite games here would probably be brawlers / hack n slashes... like Final Fight... if you ever played Darkman on the original gameboy for example, and platformers. But I don't want a Mario game because I have enough on the Wii. Also I still need to play some more Zelda games on the Wii/VC so I don't think I'll get Zelda. I was thinking maybe some light RPG's.

Here is what I was thinking:

The World Ends With You
Space Invaders Extreme 2
WarioWare DIY
Maybe Kingdom Hearts 358/2 (but I haven't played them before)
Maybe GTA Chinatown wars?

Now, am i missing some must have game? i will buy the games in the U.S and then i won't be able to buy a DS game for a long time, so I don't want to miss something huge. I wanted Scribblenauts but I'll wait till Scribblenauts2.... and one day buy that.

Edited on by mnementh

So ends a saga older than time itself.
The World's oldest and fiercest army has been led to victory, and a lost generation
is delivered from its fear of extinction. As the sun sets over the
field of conflict the dinosaurs disperse, hoping never to set foot
in this place again.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TKOWL

537. Posted:

I'm going to buy a Wii Points Card so I can get the Bass DLC in MM10, also going to be using it on some DLC in MM9. I plan to buy a game for 1000 Points. What Wiiware game or VC game should I get for 1000 points?

Backloggery | Art Blog

Nintendo Network ID: Ryanknight-TKOWL | Twitter: TKOWL

AuthorMessage
Avatar

masterchiefsgalaxy

538. Posted:

mnementh wrote:

i'm thinking of buying a Dsi XL and I need help to choose some games. It's my first handheld since forever. My favourite games here would probably be brawlers / hack n slashes... like Final Fight... if you ever played Darkman on the original gameboy for example, and platformers. But I don't want a Mario game because I have enough on the Wii. Also I still need to play some more Zelda games on the Wii/VC so I don't think I'll get Zelda. I was thinking maybe some light RPG's.

Here is what I was thinking:

The World Ends With You
Space Invaders Extreme 2
WarioWare DIY
Maybe Kingdom Hearts 358/2 (but I haven't played them before)
Maybe GTA Chinatown wars?

Now, am i missing some must have game? i will buy the games in the U.S and then i won't be able to buy a DS game for a long time, so I don't want to miss something huge. I wanted Scribblenauts but I'll wait till Scribblenauts2.... and one day buy that.

well what mater what get kingdom hearts scriblenauts i heard has bad controls world ends with you is fantastic and so is chrono trigger

masterchiefsgalaxy

AuthorMessage
Avatar

cheetahman91

539. Posted:

@Dragoon: Paper Mario.

Nintendolife Chatroom
Backloggery
GameSpot
Youtube
Jesus is the only way.
It's OK for someone to have an opinion. This ain't the Soviet Union you know.

Nintendo Network ID: cheetahman91

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RandomWiiPlayer

540. Posted:

RandomWiiPlayer wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

RandomWiiPlayer wrote:

Okay.... Tough decision for me.

Nintendo DS Lite with Soul Silver and some other DS game that I haven't decided on yet (Soul Silver is one of those console selling games for me)
OR
Splinter Cell Conviction preorder, Alan Wake preorder, and Mario Galaxy 2 preorder?
I have $195 to blow, so if I get the DS lite and Soul Silver then I only have about $30 left.

I think you'll get more out of those pre-orders than you would with a DSLite. Pokemon is nice and all, but it's still pokemon. It'll be there. You don't seem like the type who'd play much else on the DS, either. You've been raving about Alan Wake for months, and it doesn't seem like it'll disappoint, and those other games look pretty good too. Honestly, unless you can find a really cheap one that still in good shape, and can still afford Pokemon and Alan Wake, I think you'd be better off with the pre-orders. Plus, you could always sell the games and/or bonuses later and put the money towards a used DS and Soul Silver game if you'd like.

You're right, I'm not. I've tried before, if I were to buy a DS it would be my 3rd..... :P
Thanks, I'll probably go with the preorders.

I lied. I got the DS and Heart Gold. I still have enough for a game, though, and I don't know which to get. I'm leaning toward Alan Wake, still.

The Game.

Is it after 9PM EST? You should probably ignore the above post.