Forums

Topic: Universal Recommendations Thread

Posts 481 to 500 of 1,991

CanisWolfred

Atomic+Wii+Man wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

Atomic+Wii+Man wrote:

"What game should I get?"
I got a Points Card for my birthday. My fav genre is fighting. And I pretty much like all of the genres too. As long as they are good games, I'll get them. So what should I get?

Samurai Shodown 2 and Super Street Fighter 2. No reason not to own these.

Hah! Recommending Super Smash Bros. as a "great fighting game"! Hilarious!

Hmmmm... I dunno. I guess I only like the newer fighting games. Y'know, like SSBB and Tekken. But, another one of my favorites are platformers. (I'm pretty just about everyone likes platformers)

Then why did you ask for VC games? Unless you thought there were some Wiiware fighters(there aren't, unfortunately).
What is it that you don't like about older fighters? Because there are some newer disc-based ones that I can easily for you.

As for straight platformers, if you don't mind an easy game, I'd suggest DoReMi Fantasy: A DokiDoki Adventure. Otherwise I'd recommend Sonic 3 and Sonic & Knuckles. If you don't mind a more action-focused Platformer, I can name, like, 20 different games that I think you outta get. And if you want more adventure Focused platformers, there's always Super Metroid, Blaster Master or Blaster Master Overdrive, and any of the later Wonder Boy games.

...basically, if you're looking for platformers, you pretty much hit the jackpot. The issue isn't trying to find good ones. It's trying to choose which ones to get that's the problem.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

TheKingOfTown

OK, thanks.

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

PSN ID: CTID16

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1201-0412 | Nintendo Network ID: TheKingOfTown

CanisWolfred

Okay, I finally tried the Supreme Commander 2 demo, and I can't say I was blown away by it. It wasn't at all bad, but it just felt like Supreme Commander 1.5 in some cases, yet it also felt like it was missing something, I guess. It didn't show off the skirmish or multiplayer modes, though, so I can't honestly say it gave me a reasonable impression of the final product. I've yet to get the first game, actually, so I suppose I'll just wait until it goes down in price and I've beaten the original and its expansion before I bother with the sequel.

Anywho, if it's not too much to ask, is it possible I could get a little more help in choosing which B-day game I should get? I was hoping to get it at least 1/2 or perhaps even 2/3rds of the way down before I make the final decision.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Porky

Im thinking about getting Max and the Magic Marker wiiware when it is downloadable in NA march 7 but theres so many freezes and glitches in the game which is impossible to beat all levels so I've heard. Do you recommend this and should I have hope the developers have corrected these issues for the NA release?

Porky

CanisWolfred

Okay, I decided I won't get Command & Conquer 4 until I beat C&C 1-3+Expansions, which is obviously gonna take a while, so that's out.

So now I'm in the home stretch. I'd like to take this oppertunity to thank everybody for all their help, I really appreciate it.

Now for the final question, which I suppose is more for myself than anyone else:

Should I get Raiden IV, which the only available version is the Limited Edition version, or should I trust that I'll be able to find it later?

Should I get BlazBlue, or should I pass, seeing as I'll probably get Super Street Fighter IV sometime after it's released?

Should Resident Evil 5, despite still having RE1 and Dead Space to play through?

Should I get Supreme Commander Gold, despite it having a terrible interface and an improved sequel on the way?

Or Should I get two of either Bioshock, Starcraft Anthology, or VVVVVV, or perhaps all 3, if I get some Birthday money, thus forgoing the more expensive games that I may not be able to obtain if it wasn't for such a special day?

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

CanisWolfred

Nevermind, I'm going with the obvious choice. More is better after all, especially since I know from experience that they're all top-notch games, and I have no legit excuse not to get them. Now I just have to figure out how to convince my mother to order two games for me, since I emptied my debit card.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

RandomWiiPlayer

3rd Person Action/Adventure games for 360? Anyone? I'm not looking for Assassins Creed or Darksiders, something blood/gore free. I have Prince of Persia already, but I am dying for a Zelda-like game.

The Game.

Is it after 9PM EST? You should probably ignore the above post.

CanisWolfred

RandomWiiPlayer wrote:

3rd Person Action/Adventure games for 360? Anyone? I'm not looking for Assassins Creed or Darksiders, something blood/gore free. I have Prince of Persia already, but I am dying for a Zelda-like game.

Darksiders is your only choice for Zelda-like 3D Action/Adventure games. I really can't think of much else. Seriously, I just looked through 150 games, and the only ones I could find were Darksiders, and maybe Kameo or Just Cause, if you really wanna stretch it.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Mabbit

RandomWiiPlayer wrote:

you got the wrong system for that, mah boi

Heisenberg says "relax!"
The user formerly known as briunj04
PSN=mabbit04/Summoner name(LoL)=briunj04

Chucko

RandomWiiPlayer wrote:

I suppose Oblivion. But there will never be an action/adventure like zelda.

Edited on by Chucko

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, would you kindly?

RandomWiiPlayer

Mickeymac wrote:

RandomWiiPlayer wrote:

Darksiders is your only choice for Zelda-like 3D Action/Adventure games. I really can't think of much else. Seriously, I just looked through 150 games, and the only ones I could find were Darksiders, and maybe Kameo or Just Cause, if you really wanna stretch it.

I haven't played Just Cause, but from what I've seen it is more like GTA than Zelda. Kameo looks interesting, I might look into it. Maybe Darksiders is a game I would like, I dunno. It certainly looks interesting. Thanks for the help, Mac.

The Game.

CanisWolfred

RandomWiiPlayer wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

RandomWiiPlayer wrote:

I haven't played Just Cause, but from what I've seen it is more like GTA than Zelda. Kameo looks interesting, I might look into it. Maybe Darksiders is a game I would like, I dunno. It certainly looks interesting. Thanks for the help, Mac.

Yer welcome, I hope you find something you like.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

RandomWiiPlayer

Chucko wrote:

RandomWiiPlayer wrote:

Well I don't mean a game that is a clone of Zelda, I mean an action adventure game where you use a sword. DarkSiders is the only game I can think of that is anything like that.

The Game.

CanisWolfred

RandomWiiPlayer wrote:

Chucko wrote:

RandomWiiPlayer wrote:

Well I don't mean a game that is a clone of Zelda, I mean an action adventure game where you use a sword. DarkSiders is the only game I can think of that is anything like that.

That's still all I could find. People make brawlers now, not Action Adventures. The only other one I can honestly think of is Fable 2.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

grenworthshero

@Mickeymac
I'd get Bioshock. I've never played it myself, but I've looked up a lot of stuff about it, and heard nothing but good things. Plus, it's a lot more expensive than the other things you listed, so that gift card will make it easier to take the plunge and buy it.

I've been listening to the soundtrack to Magnetis lately, and every time I do it makes me want the game more. Can anyone recommend it? Same thing with Tomb Raider: Angel of Darkness, but I heard horrible things about that game; what do you guys think?

Edited on by grenworthshero

PSN ID: grenworthshero
Steam: grenworthshero
WiiU: grenworthshero
YouTube--backloggery--tumblr--

Nintendo Network ID: grenworthshero

Bassman_Q

I don't have any platformers for DSiWare yet (unless you count MvDK MMA as one), and am looking at Chronos Twins. Is it worth getting? And is it really hard or does it have just the right challenge?

Bassman_Q

Nintendo Network ID: QwikStix42

StarBoy91

I played both Bonk's Adventure and Bonk's Revenge on the VC, and I enjoy them both. However, I've still yet to play Bonk III: Bonk's Big Adventure on the VC. I'm also interested in Super Bonk for the SNES. Are both worth checking out?

To each their own

BobberyFan98

The Amount Available: 1,300 Wii Points
The Favorite Types Of Games: RPG's, Platformer's, Puzzle

Alrighty guys, i have had a Craving for a new game for either my WiiWare or VC library, so yeah.

Ok, so here is a Rundown of what VC & WiiWare Games i already own:

WiiWare:
Bomberman Blast
Dr. Mario Online RX
Defend Your Castle
Final Fantasy IV: The After Years
Gyrostarr
Mega Man 9
Strong Bad Episode 4: Dangeresque 3

Virtual Console:
Kirby's Adventure
The Legend Of Zelda: A Link To The Past
Mega Man 3
Paper Mario!
Sonic The Hedgehog (Master System Version, Yes, I regret i bought this Version)
Super Mario Bros. 2
Super Mario Bros
Super Mario RPG: Legend Of The Seven Stars
Super Mario World
Super Metroid
Super Return Of The Jedi

Games I'm Thinking About:
(VC) Super Mario Kart
(WW) Mega Man 10 (Don't Really Want It)
(VC) One Of The Galaga Games (Especially Galaga 90')
(VC) Donkey Kong Country
(VC, WW) One Of The Gradius Games
(WW) Ant Nation

Can You help Me out?

-BF98

Mario Kart Wii FC: 1762-5158-8929 Name: BobberyFan
Brawl FC: 2364-1754-7283 Name: BF98
ExciteBots FC: 0990-3629-1936 Name: Bobbery

CanisWolfred

Bobbery Fan

I'd recommend Donkey Kong Country and Life Force. The latter is hard, but not as hard as any of the Gradius games. Donkey Kong Country is a solid platformer that offers enough variety and exploration to hold your attention for quite a while.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

turtlelink

Should i get SEGA all-star racing? I like kart racing games but Mario Kart Wii was disappointing to me.

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic