Forums

Topic: Universal Recommendations Thread

Posts 441 to 460 of 1,991

MmBuddha

For anyone with a GBA/DS who doesn't have an Advance Wars game... If you have friends to play it with (and remember you can take it in turns on one cartridge) it's possibly the most satisfying game on either system.

"I had to take the young general, I couldn't turn out the holy man, I couldn't stop the wind from blowing and the air from being as clear as crystal; and I couldn't hide the mountain."

StarBoy91

Okay, here's another one:
RocketKnight Adventures. I don't own a MegaDrive console, though I do hope I can acquire one soon. RocketKnight Adventures is a game I've been interested in for some time. I don't download games, unless they're on the Virtual Console. There's also Sparskter: RocketKnight Adventures 2 which also looks good. I'm also interested in the SNES Sparkster title. So I was wondering: should I play these titles in their chronological order, or should I play these games in any order I please? Although if the latter is not the case (and it probably isn't), please be nice about.

To each their own

HolyMackerel

I loved Rocket Knight Adventures and Sparkster: RKA2. I had both on the Mega Drive when I was a kid and they're really quality platformers. From memory you don't have to play them in order since the story isn't very tight. They're pretty typical 16-bit platformers. RKA2 was particularly awesome because you could zoom and fly all around the levels because you didn't have to charge up your rocket pack.

HolyMackerel

BleachFan

Alright, the DSiWare Recommendations thread isn't really getting noticed...so I'll try my luck here...
So, Dragon Quest Wars...I've never played a Dragon Quest game, AND I've never played a strategy game like this, but I WOULD like to delve into the genre a bit...Is this game fun?

...It's either this or Dark Void Zero, which I am a little hesitant about as well...

I'm working on a game that's coming out soon!
Cipher Trailer

skyerunner23

I was wondering are there any RPGs that are absolute buys im getting a 360 soon and i have a Wii and DS. I was just wondering if there are any must buy RPGs on any of thoose systems. Ive played many pokemon games and they just dont look fun to me anymore and ive played Final Fantasy 3 for DS and i kinda liked it and i had Golden Sun for the GBA but i lost it somewhere. To conclude my rant haha im just looking for a fun RPG that isnt rip all your hair out hard but still a little hard can anyone help me?

psn: Skyerunner

Supermegaman

@bleachfan i personally did not like DQW. It didnt have enough strategy involved... I also wasnt very good at it
But dark void i really liked. Its really fun too, even though its a bit short, on normal it took me many tries to get through every level, as they are quite meaty, and i bet on hard it would be... even harder!
So definatly dark void I think.

@sumba RPG huh? Well, I liked Dragon Quest Monsters a lot. You are a wierd spiky hair guy, and you have a team of 3 monsters that you level up and battle other monsters with. You can also synthesize your monsters together and make a better one, and give your monsters skills that give them stat ups and new moves. I really enjoyed it, but after you beat the game (which is pretty long if you train in the middle) all you can really do if level your guys up to reidculoous porportions and synthesize to try and get every monster. There are 210 monsters, so you have your work cut out for you. Certain special synthesises can get you really really cool monsters too. So this is the only RPG i can think of off the top of my head, and i think ts really good. My best tip is to synthesize constantly if you get it. even thoguh the synthesized monster goes back to level 1, it is better in the long run. Oh and if you train enough its really not that hard, but if you dont synthesize, it gets pretty nasty.

Edited on by Supermegaman

Vander

@sumba: 3 words: Little King's Story

Edited on by Vander

go to www.virtualhamgames.com for great original independent games, a help service, and reviews for our games.
-a Virtual Ham Games fan

Percentful

Vander wrote:

@110percentful: Super Paper Mario is a fun platformer/RPG, and New Super Mario Bros. DS is good too, but knowing how much you like Electroplankton, I suggest to get Rhythm Heaven. It's loaded with rhythm-based small games (JUST DON'T MISTAKE THIS FOR A LAME MINIGAME COLLECTION) It's really fun, and I think it was $30 when I got it.

I already have rhythm heaven. Electroplankton isn't a rythym game. It's a sound manipulation game, with bright cheery visuals and hypnotic sounds. It doesn't matter anymore, because I decided to get some points cards instead [they didn't have Super Paper Mario in stock].

Just let it happen.

3DS Friend Code: 5026-4947-0924 | Nintendo Network ID: Percentful

CanisWolfred

I really want to play something before bed...not sure if I should play Tiberium Sun, CV3, Zelda 2, or if I should start on my Fighter Fest.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

SeniorDingDong

Should I get R-Type for the Master System (VC) or for the Game Boy ? Both would cost me 5€ I dont have other options like PC-Engine ...

SeniorDingDong

Luigi-la-bouncy

Hi PS3/Xbox360 gamers. Can you help me with a decision for me. Basically I'm sick of waiting for GT5 (one of my most anticipated games since I picked up my PS3) and have decided to buy a racing game which is actually on the market. Two things, it has to be more of a sim than arcade style, and it has to have trophies. I've pretty much narrowed it down to Need for Speed Shift and Colin Mcrae Dirt 2. Both games are still quite pricy so I don't want to pick the wrong one. Which should I get?

Luigi-la-bouncy

RandomWiiPlayer

Dirt 2 looks boring, I'd go with Need for Speed Shift, or Forza 3 if you don't already have it.

The Game.

Is it after 9PM EST? You should probably ignore the above post.

TKOWL

If you're gonna get any of the Megaman Battle Network (which I suggest you to play), get the 3rd one. 1 is a little dated, I don't have 2 yet, 4 is a load of crap, get the DS version of 5, and 6 is pretty good, too.

Backloggery | Art Blog

Nintendo Network ID: Ryanknight-TKOWL | Twitter:

Luigi-la-bouncy

RandomWiiPlayer wrote:

Dirt 2 looks boring, I'd go with Need for Speed Shift, or Forza 3 if you don't already have it.

Actually I don't have an Xbox.

Luigi-la-bouncy

Kingbuilder

Choose 6 out of the list that I should get....

Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Super Ghouls N' Ghosts
Super Castlevania IV
Super Mario Bros. 3
Legend of Zelda
Mega Man 2
Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
Contra III: The Alien Wars
F-Zero X
Super Mario Kart
Mario Kart 64
Phantasy Star IV
Sonic The Hedgehog
Starfox 64
Paper Mario

“The revolution is not an apple that falls when it is ripe. You have to make it fall.” - "Some men are born mediocre, some men achieve mediocrity, and some men have mediocrity thrust upon them."

CanisWolfred

@Kingbuilder

Some insight into your personal tastes would be nice. Otherwise you're better off putting them all into a randomizer and choosing the top 6 choices. You picked, like, 20 great games, and it'd be easier for us to pick what you shouldn't get.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

StarBoy91

@Kingbuilder

• Super Ghouls'n Ghosts
  • Contra III: The Alien Wars
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Kart
  • Mario Kart 64
  • Paper Mario