Forums

Topic: Universal Recommendations Thread

Posts 401 to 420 of 1,991

JeanLuc_Vaycard

Alright I am torn between getting Phantasy Star IV, Star Parodier or Muscle March. I know all 3 are way off from each other but they all sound fun.

THERE... ARE... 4 LIGHTS!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiSn2JuDQSc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

CanisWolfred

Vaynard wrote:

Alright I am torn between getting Phantasy Star IV, Star Parodier or Muscle March. I know all 3 are way off from each other but they all sound fun.

Star Parodier, you won't regret it.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Chucko

While this is not a game, it`s an app for you iPhone/iPod touch users. It`s called iTriforce and it`s a soundboard for Super Mario Bros., Metroid, and The Legend of Zelda. Plus it the music from the games. It`s on dollar and well worth it. Go check it out!

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, would you kindly?

CanisWolfred

Chucko wrote:

While this is not a game, it`s an app for you iPhone/iPod touch users. It`s called iTriforce and it`s a soundboard for Super Mario Bros., Metroid, and The Legend of Zelda. Plus it the music from the games. It`s on dollar and well worth it. Go check it out!

Sounds pretty cool, I'll be sure to check it out. I loves me some chiptunes.

I'd just like to recommend 'Splosion Man for Xbox Live Arcade. It's a fun, creative an wacky puzzle platformer, an well worth the 10 bucks(or $5 if you got it on sale, like I did!). It's got a lot of levels, and so far all of them are very interesting and well designed. While the main gameplay mechanic involves exploding your little zany orange dude, you'd be quite surprised by how much depth and variety they get out of it, and it never really gets old. As far as difficulty goes, so far it's been very fair and never all that frustrating, and you can die as many times as needed and you'll always restart from a checkpoint, so you'll never have to worry too much about the difficulty. However, your time doesn't reset when you die, so if you plan on getting a good score or are playing the Time Attack mode, I'd suggest learning how to beat the levels without any deaths. And for those looking for an extra challenge, make sure you collect every cake on every stage. They're not too well hidden, but aren't exactly easy to get, and if you miss one and go to the next checkpoint, you'll have to start all over again to find it.

I think my only complaints with it so far are that there don't seem to be many, if any bossfights, and since chapters are made up of about 20 levels each, you scenary doesn't change that often. Oh, and those who don't dig 'Splosion Man's crazy, childish, and often dark sense of humor might find it fairly annoying, but those who do like that stuff are gonna eat it right up.

Other than those few complaints, I'd say 'Splosion Man is a fantastic game, and well worth picking up. Any platforming fans with a 360 should definitely check it out.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

BleachFan

I got a points card for my birthday yesterday! I haven't done much with my Wii in a while, so I was thinking of spending it on that (plus I have everything I really want DSiWare-wise ) So, I was thinking of stocking up on some virtual console stuff. Any recommendations? (PS: I have plenty of WiiWare, so unless you REALLY REALLY recommend it, I'll probably pass... )

In terms of VC, I don't have much...
Super Mario World
Super Mario Bros. 3
Earthworm Jim
Pokemon Snap
The Legend of Zelda OoT
Sonic 2
Sin and Punishment
Donkey Kong Country

Edited on by BleachFan

I'm working on a game that's coming out soon!
Cipher Trailer

Vander

@BleachFan888: No WiiWare? No problem. The original Legend of Zelda (NES, 500 points) is a great classic game, since you have Ocarina of Time you have to get this one. If you like RPGs or Mario games (But who doesn't like Mario games?) Then you should try Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars (SNES, 800 points) and the original Paper Mario is awesome, a must buy (N64, 1000 points) Same with Super Mario 64. If you're into racing games then you can either get Mario Kart 64, or F-Zero (SNES, 800 points) Both are fun racing games, but if you want multiplayer you should get Mario Kart 64, or when (or if) Mario Party (N64) is out I would highly suggest that. Still no? Donkey Kong Country and/or Donkey Kong Country 2 (both SNES, 800 points) are great platformers.

Have fun!

go to www.virtualhamgames.com for great original independent games, a help service, and reviews for our games.
-a Virtual Ham Games fan

BleachFan

Oops! I forgot to mention I have DKC too...

Thanks for the recommendations! Actually, I think for a good RPG I'll try Secret of Mana (I've heard good things...)
I've played Mario Kart 64 and Mario 64 before, but I think 1000pts is a little pricey for me at the moment... (plus, I'd like a Mario-less game for once, just for a change in atmosphere... )
I was considering the original Zelda, but was also thinking that A Link to the Past was better...who knows?

...Oh, and It's not like I'm against WiiWare (thinking about continuing the Bit Trip series with Void), it's just that I want some gaming genre's that aren't very prevalent on the service. (I.e. a good platformer, I was also looking at MegaMan)

Speaking of MegaMan, I want either 2 or 3. I have never played one ever, so I was wondering which one was better?

I'm working on a game that's coming out soon!
Cipher Trailer

StarBoy91

There is this one game called Chuck Rock. This one review I read from Video Game Critic said it was good, but I'm not entirely sure. Is Chuck Rock a good game or not so good a game?

Edited on by StarBoy91

To each their own

CanisWolfred

BleachFan888 wrote:

Oops! I forgot to mention I have DKC too...

Thanks for the recommendations! Actually, I think for a good RPG I'll try Secret of Mana (I've heard good things...)
I've played Mario Kart 64 and Mario 64 before, but I think 1000pts is a little pricey for me at the moment... (plus, I'd like a Mario-less game for once, just for a change in atmosphere... )
I was considering the original Zelda, but was also thinking that A Link to the Past was better...who knows?

...Oh, and It's not like I'm against WiiWare (thinking about continuing the Bit Trip series with Void), it's just that I want some gaming genre's that aren't very prevalent on the service. (I.e. a good platformer, I was also looking at MegaMan)

Speaking of MegaMan, I want either 2 or 3. I have never played one ever, so I was wondering which one was better?

Mega Man 2 is definitely better, especially if you're a newcomer. Mega Man 3 is easily one of the hardest games in the Main series.

And I whole-heartedly recommend The Legend of Zelda for the NES, if only so you'll be able to appreciate just how much better A Link To The Past is compared to it.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Vander

@BleachFan888: I own the Mega Man 2 NES cartridge game, and it's a great 2-D platformer/shooter. Mega Man 2 is supposed to be the best Mega Man game, but I've heard good of Mega Man 3 also. Either one of those Mega Man games should be good. I like the original Zelda more than A link to the Past, but maybe because I haven't gotten far in A Link to the Past. A Link to the Past is a lot harder IMO (but the original Zelda still has it difficulties) but it will test your patience with the small room with big bosses which really frustrated me. A lot of people really like A Link to the Past, but then again a lot of people like the original Zelda. In the end It's your choice, but since I don't know much about A Link to the Past, I'd go with the original Zelda, plus it's 300 points cheaper. As for WiiWare, you can't go wrong with World of Goo (but it's expensive) Swords & Soldiers is really fun and has 3 campaigns (a few hours each) with some humor and a fun 2-player battle mode. Onslaught is good too.

go to www.virtualhamgames.com for great original independent games, a help service, and reviews for our games.
-a Virtual Ham Games fan

StarBoy91

Chuck Rock does seem interesting on one hand.

To each their own

NotEnoughGolds

BleachFan888 wrote:

I got a points card for my birthday yesterday! I haven't done much with my Wii in a while, so I was thinking of spending it on that (plus I have everything I really want DSiWare-wise ) So, I was thinking of stocking up on some virtual console stuff. Any recommendations? (PS: I have plenty of WiiWare, so unless you REALLY REALLY recommend it, I'll probably pass... )

Super Mario World
Super Mario Bros. 3
Earthworm Jim
Pokemon Snap
The Legend of Zelda OoT
Sonic 2
Sin and Punishment
Donkey Kong Country

I recommend Ys Book I & II, as always.

NotEnoughGolds

ItsFuzzyPickles

After finding another N64 game that I've been trying to remember the music of, I have finally made up my mind that once I get the money, I will buy an Nintendo 64. I heard one at Ebay go as low as $30 with a game and good deals hover around $40, making the N64 a must-buy for me. There are so many games that I want for the system that is unlikely to be made on the Virtual Console. Here are the games I'm wanting to try out:

Banjo-Kazooie
Banjo-Tootie
Diddy Kong Racing
Conker Bad Fur Day
Vigilante 8
Vigilante 8: Second Offense
GoldenEye 007
Perfect Dark
Donkey Kong 64
Tony Hawk Pro Skater
Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2
Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3
Hot Wheel Turbo Racing
Dr. Mario 64
Mickey Speedway USA
Rush 2: Extreme Racing USA
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six
NBA Hangtime
Indiana Jones And The Infernal Machine
Harvest Moon 64
Rayman 2: The Great Escape
Resident Evil 2
Jet Force Gemini
Pilotwings 64
Blast Corps
Turok: Dinosaur Hunter
Extreme G
Star Wars: Rouge Squadron
Mario Party
Mario Party 2
Mario Party 3
Mega Man 64
The World Is Not Enough
Wetrix
Re-Volt
Crusin' World
Ridge Racer 64
Space Station Silicon Valley
WipeOut 64
Star Wars: Episode 1 Battle For Naboo
Turok 2: Seeds Of Evil
Excitebike 64
Beetle Adventure Racing
BattleTanx: Global Assault
Worms: Armmengandon
Pokemon Stadium
Pokemon Stadium 2
Tetrisphere
The New Tetris
Killer Instinct: Gold Edition
Mischeif Maker
Bomberman 64: The Second Attack
Bomberman Hero
Castlevania: Legend of Darkness
Mortal Kombat Trilogy
Mortal Kombat 4

I tell you, there are so many Nintendo 64 games that I want that I think they'll satisfy me for years to come. Once I get a job, I will save money to buy a Nintendo 64. So I have a question. Should I get an Nintendo 64 first then a Playstation 3 or the other way around?

Edited on by ItsFuzzyPickles

ItsFuzzyPickles

Switch Friend Code: SW-1409-9782-5984 | Nintendo Network ID: astarisborn94 | Twitter:

SSBbrawler08

Super+Smash+Bros wrote:

...Mario Party 2...

I remember that game! It had a really fun 2 v 2 bobsled minigame.

Photobucket | Backloggery
SSBB Friend Code: 0774 - 3945 - 4471
See you in anotha life, brotha.

moomoo

Buy the N64. It's cheaper, and you have the entire backlog of the system to work with. You don't have to wait for more to come out.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

StarBoy91

Would you recommend Chuck Rock?

To each their own

moomoo

NotEnoughGolds wrote:

BleachFan888 wrote:

Super Mario World
Super Mario Bros. 3
Earthworm Jim
Pokemon Snap
The Legend of Zelda OoT
Sonic 2
Sin and Punishment
Donkey Kong Country

I recommend Ys Book I & II, as always.

I second that recommendation. You will not be dissapointed with this system seller.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

ItsFuzzyPickles

@moomoo: Thanks for the recommendation. But I'll see what other thinks of this. Keep in mind I won't be able to afford a N64 for awhile, first I'll need to get a job when I turn sixteen. But once again, thank you.

ItsFuzzyPickles

Switch Friend Code: SW-1409-9782-5984 | Nintendo Network ID: astarisborn94 | Twitter:

ItsFuzzyPickles

Okay, thanks guys. I'll start saving up money for one. BTW, would you people recommend this signing up to Ebay or Amazon?

ItsFuzzyPickles

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic