General Discussion Forum

Topic: Universal Recommendations Thread

Showing 281 to 300 of 1,715

AuthorMessage

astarisborn94

281. Posted:

dsandwii wrote:

Super+Smash+Bros wrote:

Hey guys, I'm planning on renting an game from Blockbuster, since I have an $15 gift card for Blockbuster. What do you think is the best game I could rent and beat within five days (Don't say Wario Land: Shake It!)?

@Mickeymac: Unless you have Chrono Trigger, play Mother 3 first.

i heard sonic and the black knight is short but epic and also ea playground

Meh, not planning on renting them anytime soon. Beside, they haven't got very good reviews.

Any other recommendations?

astarisborn94

AuthorMessage

RandomWiiPlayer

282. Posted:

dsandwii wrote:

RandomWiiPlayer wrote:

dsandwii wrote:

soul caliber 4 didnt live up to my expectations

B..B..But teh Yoda! How can a game with Yoda, Darth Vader, and The Apprentice possibly not live up to expectations?!?!?!

Thanks for the recommendation though. :)

play the third one

I have, I prefer the second.

The Game.

Is it after 9PM EST? You should probably ignore the above post.

AuthorMessage

irken004

283. Posted:

@SSBF How about The Conduit? I've been playing for a few days and got 77% completion. Online is a blast too.

Backloggery

AuthorMessage

RandomWiiPlayer

284. Posted:

irken004 wrote:

@SSBF How about The Conduit? I've been playing for a few days and got 77% completion. Online is a blast too.

DON'T LISTEN TO THE DECEPTICON!
Seriously, The Conduit is the worst FPS I've ever played. The toilet plunger thing in Rabbids is better.

The Game.

Is it after 9PM EST? You should probably ignore the above post.

AuthorMessage

irken004

285. Posted:

RandomWiiPlayer wrote:

DON'T LISTEN TO THE DECEPTICON!

MUAHAHAHAAHA!!!

Ahem. I do like The Conduit though. It's plenty of fun, imo.

Backloggery

AuthorMessage

dsandwii

286. Posted:

Super+Smash+Bros wrote:

dsandwii wrote:

Super+Smash+Bros wrote:

Hey guys, I'm planning on renting an game from Blockbuster, since I have an $15 gift card for Blockbuster. What do you think is the best game I could rent and beat within five days (Don't say Wario Land: Shake It!)?

@Mickeymac: Unless you have Chrono Trigger, play Mother 3 first.

i heard sonic and the black knight is short but epic and also ea playground

Meh, not planning on renting them anytime soon. Beside, they haven't got very good reviews.

Any other recommendations?

ummmmmm.......... transformers revenge of the fallen has horrible reviews but you like that game right

wii games with online
the conduit
super smash bros. brawl
mario kart
i dont have my wii working right now

AuthorMessage

dsandwii

287. Posted:

irken004 wrote:

we should trade codes

wii games with online
the conduit
super smash bros. brawl
mario kart

AuthorMessage

dsandwii

288. Posted:

RandomWiiPlayer wrote:

dsandwii wrote:

RandomWiiPlayer wrote:

dsandwii wrote:

soul caliber 4 didnt live up to my expectations

B..B..But teh Yoda! How can a game with Yoda, Darth Vader, and The Apprentice possibly not live up to expectations?!?!?!

Thanks for the recommendation though. :)

play the third one

I have, I prefer the second.

oh then get the 4th it plays like the second more then the third i used to own it but traded it to a friend for a copy of opoona and tmnt but i will trade you tmnt[xbox360] for lost planet

wii games with online
the conduit
super smash bros. brawl
mario kart

AuthorMessage

dsandwii

289. Posted:

should i get sonic and the secret rings and super mokey ball or red steel and no more heros
note i have the sequel to sonic and the secret rings so i would like that ALOT and i dont think no more hero is too good maybe a 7

Edited on by dsandwii

wii games with online
the conduit
super smash bros. brawl
mario kart

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

290. Posted:

@Super Smash Bros. Fan

If you don't mind rail shooters, I'd say go with House of the Dead Overkill or Dead Space Extraction. They're short but sweet.

And just a tip, it's just a rental, so why not experiment? I know whenever I rent, I usually get stuff I'd never think to buy, and every once in a while I wind up with a real nice surprise.

Also, I do have Chrono Trigger and Mother 3. In fact, I'm a good way through both of them.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

291. Posted:

dsandwii wrote:

should i get sonic and the secret rings and super mokey ball or red steel and no more heros
note i have the sequel to sonic and the secret rings so i would like that ALOT and i dont think no more hero is too good maybe a 7

...wait, you saying you already played No More Heroes, or is that just an off-hand scoring? Anywho, do you really need to get both games? Are they bundles or something? Anywho, if you liked Sonic & The Black Knight, you'll likely like Sonic & The Secret Rings. Same style of game, minus the actiony sword-swingin' parts.

No More Heroes is also a pretty good game, nice action, and a wacked out story and characters that'll keep you going through the whole game just to see what happens next.

Red Steel is horrible. Seriously, don't bother with it. Terrible controls, slow turning speed, lame weapons, and nothing else worth talking about. If RWP thinks The Conduit is bad, then he must never have played Red Steel.

I don't know nothin' about Super Monkey Ball, though. I heard it wasn't that good, I don't remember hearin' why. Might be worth it if you have to get it with Sonic & The Secret Rings.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

dsandwii

292. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

dsandwii wrote:

...wait, you saying you already played No More Heroes, or is that just an off-hand scoring? Anywho, do you really need to get both games? Are they bundles or something? Anywho, if you liked Sonic & The Black Knight, you'll likely like Sonic & The Secret Rings. Same style of game, minus the actiony sword-swingin' parts.

No More Heroes is also a pretty good game, nice action, and a wacked out story and characters that'll keep you going through the whole game just to see what happens next.

Red Steel is horrible. Seriously, don't bother with it. Terrible controls, slow turning speed, lame weapons, and nothing else worth talking about. If RWP thinks The Conduit is bad, then he must never have played Red Steel.

I don't know nothin' about Super Monkey Ball, though. I heard it wasn't that good, I don't remember hearin' why. Might be worth it if you have to get it with Sonic & The Secret Rings.

yes i already played no more heros for about 10 minutes but it probably gets better and yes they are bundles but if you get no more heros it costs 20$ and sonic costs 20$ these bundles costs 22$ i could trade both red steel and super mokey ball and get more then 3$ from toys r us and another bundle game party and crusin wii

wii games with online
the conduit
super smash bros. brawl
mario kart

AuthorMessage

IlikeVideoGames

293. Posted:

You could always get Area 51, The Suffering and Psi Ops for nothing as they were release freeware. All three are on www.megagames.com. Under the freeware section. I tried Area 51's online and it is still up and running. Not many people on it though.

IlikeVideoGames

AuthorMessage

astarisborn94

294. Posted:

@Irken004: Uhh, one problem. I've already boughten The Conduit. But thanks anyway, because that is an good game. BTW, do you have me as one of your Conduit friends (My name on the game is IGN_SSBF)?

@RandomWiiPlayer: No offense, but I do own the game and I personally think it's solid. It didn't exactly live up to my expectation, but it didn't disappoint either. Now a massive disappointment, I point to Super Smash Bros. Brawl, which is great, but leaves me wanting so much more.

@dsandwii: Transformer: Revenge of the Fallen is an medicoric game. Even if games are short, I want them to be quality. Sure I may like Paper Airplane Chase for DSiWare despite negative reviews, but I only listen to Nintendo Life for downloadable games.

@Mickeymac: Those are actually good recommendations. While I'm not allowed to play all M rated games, Dead Space Extraction will probably be my first rental of M rated games. I really apperatice the recommendation, you're the only one so far that actually gave me an decent recommendation that I haven't gotten yet.

@IlikeVideoGames: Were you recommending those games to me? Just wondering.

astarisborn94

AuthorMessage

IlikeVideoGames

295. Posted:

@SuperSmash To anyone my fellow NLIfer. I just thought it was cool Midway released the games onto freeware sites last year. If you like them kind of games they are still pretty fun to play.

IlikeVideoGames

AuthorMessage

Odnetnin

296. Posted:

Should I save my money for college?

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter: Odnetnin

AuthorMessage

WanderFan91

297. Posted:

I forget. Do you make recommendations as well?
If so, I recommend Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story to many people.

AKA StarBoy91
Ah, irony
Wanderloggery | StarBlog
Massive retro gamer with a heart <3
Big Wander Over Yonder fan
Also a fan of Gravity and all things 16-bit
23 and proud =)
To each their own

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

298. Posted:

StarBoy91 wrote:

That's why it's called the Universal Recommendations thread.

Speaking of which, I recommend toast to everybody. It's delicious and nutritious, and goes with everything - Even your mom!:D

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

dsandwii

299. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

StarBoy91 wrote:

That's why it's called the Universal Recommendations thread.

Speaking of which, I recommend toast to everybody. It's delicious and nutritious, and goes with everything - Even your mom!:D

no i tried to but two toastes on each side but she said "what are you doing" then made me eat just the toast

wii games with online
the conduit
super smash bros. brawl
mario kart

AuthorMessage

dsandwii

300. Posted:

@super smash bros. fan 1999 get madworld

wii games with online
the conduit
super smash bros. brawl