General Discussion Forum

Topic: Universal Recommendations Thread

Showing 221 to 240 of 1,717

AuthorMessage

Vander

221. Posted:

Ok I decided on how to spend my first 1500 DSi points for Christmas:

Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Minis March Again (looks interesting and I really like custom level creators)
Paper Airplane Chase (Good time-waster)
Art Style: BOXLIFE (Looks like a good puzzle. Please don't try to convince me to switch this to PiCTOBiTS)

But I don't know what to do with the rest. Can anyone suggest a good 500 point game? I'm up for a casual or hardcore game as long as it isn't sudoku (I like it but I have the original full Brain Age) and it's 500 points

EDIT: I just remembered I'm going to get Trajectile, but I might get two points cards for Christmas (I did last year) and I'll probably use it on DSiWare so recommend any point games please

Edited on by Vander

go to www.virtualhamgames.com for great original independent games, a help service, and reviews for our games.
-a Virtual Ham Games fan

AuthorMessage

astarisborn94

222. Posted:

@lockd: The Playstation Portable may not have many good games for the system and I will never play one, but I can recommend God of War: Chain of Olympus and Lumines.

@Vander: Your best bet would be Bomberman Blitz.

Guys, I have a question. I've been trying to think between TV Show King 2 and Sonic the Hedgehog 3. Which one should I get off the Wii Shop Channel?

Edited on by astarisborn94

astarisborn94

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

223. Posted:

lockd wrote:

Can someone recommend some PSP games? I just bought one recentley. I already have: JAD The Lost Frontier, GTA: LC Stories, Daxter, RAC Size Matters, Rainbow 6 Vegas, Killzone Liberation and Star Wars Battlefront RS.

You got some pretty good games there, but I'd say you still need Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops, Lumines, Wipeout Pure or Pulse, Loco Roco, Resistance: Retribution, Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror and Logan's Shadow, Crisis Core: Final Fantasy 7, and God of War: Chains of Olympus. Now that's just assuming you prefer action games. There are also a bunch of great racing, sports, RPG, and strategy games, as well as tons of retro games I could recommend if you'd like.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

224. Posted:

What PSOne Classic should I get? I already have Symphony of the Night, Castlevania Chronicles, FF7, both Raymans, and Resident Evil. I'm leaning towards either Dino Crisis, Wild Arms 2, Bloody Roar, Silent Hill, a Crash game, a Spyro game, one of the Legacy of Kain games, Resident Evil 2 or 3, Um Jammer Lammy, Suikoden, Mobile Light Force, R-Type Delta, or King of Fighters '99. I might wait until next week to see if we get Vagrant Story like Europe did. Or maybe even Wipeout XL, if they stop holding out on us.

I might also consider getting Savage Moon: The Hera Campaign, or perhaps Sonic Rivals.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

WolfRamHeart

225. Posted:

@Mickeymac: I would recommend Wild Arms 2. I really think you would enjoy it.

WolfRamHeart

3DS Friend Code: 2019-9821-2538 | Nintendo Network ID: WolfRamHeart

AuthorMessage

RandomWiiPlayer

226. Posted:

I want to buy a GameCube game. I don't want NSMBWii anymore, so I am going retro. Can someone suggest something?

The Game.

Is it after 9PM EST? You should probably ignore the above post.

AuthorMessage

Starkiller

227. Posted:

Pikmin and Pikmin 2 are equally awesome games... Actually I'd say Pikmin 2 simply for length. There's the metroid prime games, you could get those cheap while everyone's going for the trilogy (unless you are...). Also, Rogue Squadron 2. The list goes on...

Wii: 6384-4454-1095-5243 Mario Kart Wii: 2492-4524-4329 ([NL] Matt) Brawl: 0087-2097-5918
Excitebike - World Rally: 2966 0011 1622 (Matt) Bomberman Blitz: 3738-9648-1518 Dragon Quest Wars: 1634-4322-3201

AuthorMessage

RandomWiiPlayer

228. Posted:

Starkiller wrote:

Pikmin and Pikmin 2 are equally awesome games... Actually I'd say Pikmin 2 simply for length. There's the metroid prime games, you could get those cheap while everyone's going for the trilogy (unless you are...). Also, Rogue Squadron 2. The list goes on...

I actually just bought Pikmin the other day. I haven't played it yet though, to much Soul Caliber 2. I bought the Trilogy a few months ago when it released too. And I never really liked Rouge Squadron 2. My cousin has it, I could never get into it. Pikmin 2 I heard doesn't have a time limit (as in the number of days), so I might get that if I enjoy the first when I get around to playing it.

The Game.

AuthorMessage

Starkiller

229. Posted:

There's a thread all about must-get gamecube games at the moment, why not check that.

Wii: 6384-4454-1095-5243 Mario Kart Wii: 2492-4524-4329 ([NL] Matt) Brawl: 0087-2097-5918
Excitebike - World Rally: 2966 0011 1622 (Matt) Bomberman Blitz: 3738-9648-1518 Dragon Quest Wars: 1634-4322-3201

AuthorMessage

astarisborn94

230. Posted:

@RandomWiiPlayer: What Nintendo Gamecube games do you have? Then I can help with some recommendations.

astarisborn94

AuthorMessage

RandomWiiPlayer

231. Posted:

Super+Smash+Bros wrote:

@RandomWiiPlayer: What Nintendo Gamecube games do you have? Then I can help with some recommendations.

Not much. I trade games in a lot.

Melee
Sunshine
Star Fox Adventures
Pikmin
Soul Caliber II
Metroid Prime 1 (Trilogy)
Metroid Prime 2 (Trilogy)
Wind Waker

The Game.

AuthorMessage

astarisborn94

232. Posted:

@RandomWiiPlayer: What do you think of Pikimin and Star Fox Adventures?

Edited on by astarisborn94

astarisborn94

AuthorMessage

RandomWiiPlayer

233. Posted:

Super+Smash+Bros wrote:

@RandomWiiPlayer: What do you think of Pikimin and Star Fox Adventures?

I hate Star Fox Adventures, and I haven't gotten around to playing Pikmin yet, I just bought it a few days ago.

The Game.

AuthorMessage

astarisborn94

234. Posted:

@RandomWiiPlayer: Play Pikimin for a few days and give out your opinion here, then prehaps I can make recommendations.

astarisborn94

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

235. Posted:

I really should play Star Fox Adventures again. I got really stuck for some reason.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

236. Posted:

I'm gonna play a 2-player game tomorrow, should I play Gunstar Heroes or Ikaruga?

And I'm still trying to figure out what PSN game to get.:P

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

astarisborn94

237. Posted:

@Mickeymac: Do you have both of those games?

Anyway, I have MySims Agents, even thought I didn't ask for it. However, I'm trying to decide between keeping it or selling it for money. On one hand, I wonder if I'll be playing this a month from now. On the other hand, I do want to play it because I liked the first game (Rented it) and I heard it was good. Should I keep it or sell it?

astarisborn94

AuthorMessage

Flandy

238. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

What PSOne Classic should I get? I already have Symphony of the Night, Castlevania Chronicles, FF7, both Raymans, and Resident Evil. I'm leaning towards either Dino Crisis, Wild Arms 2, Bloody Roar, Silent Hill, a Crash game, a Spyro game, one of the Legacy of Kain games, Resident Evil 2 or 3, Um Jammer Lammy, Suikoden, Mobile Light Force, R-Type Delta, or King of Fighters '99. I might wait until next week to see if we get Vagrant Story like Europe did. Or maybe even Wipeout XL, if they stop holding out on us.

I might also consider getting Savage Moon: The Hera Campaign, or perhaps Sonic Rivals.

either Crash 3 or Spyro 3

Been inactive forever. Not going to change the uber old sig
"bless you, corbie, for your unparalleled benevolence and truly generous nature!" -TBD Dec 31 2009

lz and Des the true love Story.| This Will be thread of the year.
My Backloggery | ChatRoom

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

239. Posted:

Super+Smash+Bros wrote:

@Mickeymac: Do you have both of those games?

Yes I do.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

astarisborn94

240. Posted:

@Mickeymac: Play Gunstar Heroes.

Anyway, can someone can answer the question above that I made?

astarisborn94