Forums

Topic: Universal Recommendations Thread

Posts 1,841 to 1,860 of 1,991

gcunit

Have you heard of Mario Kart? Smash?

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Whydoievenbother

Faruko wrote:

MrMario02 wrote:

I never could get into multiplayer-centric games. Do you know a good place to start?

What do you mean about multiplayer centric games ? And in what way can you not get into them (Not like them, community full of donkey holes, etc...) and What kinda of games do you like also.

Sorry for being so vague.
1. When I say multiplayer-centric games, I mean games where the multiplayer is the meat of the expirience (MMOs, Call of Duty, Street Fighter, etc)
2. Whenever I play a multiplayer-centric game, even if it's a game I would normally like, I can't get into them (Or at the very least, play the singleplayer almost exclusively).
3. I like games with:
3.1 High-Speed action
3.2 A great soundtrack
3.3 Novel Gameplay
3.4 Lots of Spectacle

Edited on by Whydoievenbother

"I'll take a potato chip... AND EAT IT!"
Light Yagami, Death Note
"Ah, the Breakfast Club soundtrack! I can't wait 'til I'm old enough to feel ways about stuff!"
Phillip J. Fry, Futurama

Grumblevolcano

I've been relooking at Paper Jam footage and it looks like I may want to give it a go especially as how the 3DS and Wii U lineups are shrinking. The question is what game should I try first to give me an idea of whether I want to go down this route? (I'm leaving it completely open so the slightly larger price of Dream Team isn't a problem).

So far I've mostly been suggested Superstar Saga though a few for Dream Team and Bowser's Inside Story, any other views on this matter?

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

LaserdiscGal

@GrumbleVolcano

Inside Story was my favorite of the series, though I've neglected to play Dream Team.

LaserdiscGal

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5519-2711 | My Nintendo: pokefraker | Nintendo Network ID: pokefraker

Hendesu

I recently completed Dream Drop Distance. Is there any 3DS game that is similar to it?

Some random dude on Nintendo Life.
Toriel left for a while, so Freaky Fred took over her place!
Not changing this part of the signature until Nintendo announces Super Mario Sunshine 2.
[Started 10/31/15]

Nintendo Network ID: DarkSperow

Storytime7

@Grumblevolcano: They don't need to be played in any particular order to enjoy them, but I'll still recommend starting with Superstar Saga.

Storytime7

3DS Friend Code: 4124-5304-9315 | Nintendo Network ID: storytime7

jump

ekreig wrote:

Alright, my turn. I'm in need of some guidance from Zelda fans. I've never played LTTP before, but I have played (and thoroughly enjoyed) ALBW. My question is, do you think LTTP is still worth playing even after completing ALBW first? I understand the overworld/dungeons have a similar layout, so I can't be sure if there's enough difference between the two games for it to be worth my time.

Yeah go for it, if your Zelda fan it'll help bring alot of the lore/easter eggs from the other ones into context for you as it's a key game in the series and it has different dungeons, story etc.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

jump

ekreig wrote:

Yeah, I'm leaning towards giving it a shot. It seems like an important game for any Zelda fan. One other thing: does the GBA port have any big advantages/disadvantages compared to the SNES version, or are they just about the same?

The GBA version has an extra dungeon IF you complete Four Swords on the same cart otherwise it's just minor changes and bug fixing.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Socar

So I'm a bit tempted to get Smash either on 3DS or on Wii U. Obviously, the Wii U is the better version but some say that Smash on 3DS is also good. My problem with the Smash on 3DS is that I've seen people smashing circle pads and all that and I just got the New 3DS XL already so I don't want to smash it like that.

But even if I do end up getting smash, Is it something like Melee where there's so much of Single player or that there's very little to do in single player. Oh and it shouldn't be like in Melee where there are certain trophies that can only be gotten through multiplayer or online even.

But I don't know....its just that, for me, fighting games generally are focused on multiplayer more than single player and for someone who wants single player content, it doesn't seem to do much for me.

Look I know that it depends on what I want and all, but still, I'd like to know your thoughts.

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

ultraraichu

Artwark wrote:

So I'm a bit tempted to get Smash either on 3DS or on Wii U. Obviously, the Wii U is the better version but some say that Smash on 3DS is also good. My problem with the Smash on 3DS is that I've seen people smashing circle pads and all that and I just got the New 3DS XL already so I don't want to smash it like that.

But even if I do end up getting smash, Is it something like Melee where there's so much of Single player or that there's very little to do in single player. Oh and it shouldn't be like in Melee where there are certain trophies that can only be gotten through multiplayer or online even.

But I don't know....its just that, for me, fighting games generally are focused on multiplayer more than single player and for someone who wants single player content, it doesn't seem to do much for me.

Look I know that it depends on what I want and all, but still, I'd like to know your thoughts.

Personally I think the people who smash their circle pad must either have Hulk hand or Hulk aggression (likely the same people who also break their Gamecube controllers). If you play like a human, It will be fine.

As for which is better suited for your case, I'll say the Wii U version. Even though the 3DS version have Smash Run which is a better single player like game then the Wii U's Smash Tour which is more party based, the Wii U have more gameplay modes. Some of which you can only play in single player like Master/ Crazy order. Pretty much there's a lot more you can do in the Wii U version to keep you occupied for a long while.

A dying animal struggles, thrashes and howls in protest as its life torn from it. To see this in action, watch Animal Planet. The same thing happens when a video game is or isn't released. To see this in action, stay here.

Switch Friend Code: Sw-6105-4873-7122 | 3DS Friend Code: 1848-1733-3257 | My Nintendo: Ultraraichu | Nintendo Network ID: ultraraichu

Hendesu

I just finished all the Mother games. What game can I expect to be similar in gameplay?

Not changing this part of the signature until Nintendo announces Super Mario Sunshine 2.
[Started 10/31/15]

Hendesu

lol nobody helped me.

[Started 10/31/15]

Retro_on_theGo

How is the Megaman X collection on the GameCube? Remember hearing bad things about it but don't remember what specifically.

NightmareEater wrote:

lol nobody helped me.

Well there's nothing really similar if you're looking for a similar battle system. Citizens of Earth is the only thing really on the Wii U and 3DS eShop.

DefHalan

So I put this in Chit-Chat and then I remembered we have a universal recommendation thread

DefHalan wrote:

So I finally caught up on the Pokemon National Championships (The Masters TCG Finals was amazing) and have ran out of things to watch. Anyone have suggestions?

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

octoman2611

@Grumblevolcano: Bowser's Inside Story is one of my favourite games of all time. Controlling Bowser is so much fun and the giant set piece boss battles that essentially riff of Japanese monster movies are incredible.

octoman2611

NateKimble

I have a question is this game worth buying if I have Super Mario All-Stars + Super Mario World or no I was just wondering? The game is Super Mario Advance for Wii U Virtual Console.

NateKimble

Kroomii

I do gaming videos mainly focusing on Splatoon, and smash bros. I want a cool name for my channel that is on the topic of that or something that is just catchy!

I have a channel. It is nice. Visit it. Please. Mercy on me. Here's the link: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXL6yBNKqmiqCIq5gBt9DDg

Jaz007

So the old Thief games are on sale on Steam. I think I'm gonna get Deadly Shadows. Anyone know how well the first two aged?

Jaz007

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic