General Discussion Forum

Topic: Universal Recommendations Thread

Showing 1,701 to 1,720 of 1,777

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

1,701. Posted:

@DiscoDriver43: Well there are several good fighting games on the PS3 Street Fighter IV is good if you are a fan of the classic SF series. I also heard that Mortal Kombat is good too. The one that I really like is Injustice: Gods Among Us, I have probably sunk more time into that then any other fighting game. Even if you are not a big DC fan there is alot to do. Definitely worth checking out.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

DiscoDriver43

1,702. Posted:

oh yeah i did enjoy injustice from what i played in my friend's house. does the ps3 have the Ultimate Edition though?

Edited on by DiscoDriver43

http://www.backloggery.com/discodriver43

Chun Li is a cute character for an interpol officer.

I like the movie Independance Day because of Will Smith.

Titanic was a pretty sad movie.

AuthorMessage

WesCash

1,703. Posted:

DiscoDriver43 wrote:

So, can anyone recommend me a fighting game on the PS3 that is easy to learn something that isn't too complex with it's combos like Marvel vs. Capcom?

The newest Mortal Kombat (2011) is a lot of fun and doesn't have any crazy combos. I'm not a big fighting game fan but I enjoyed it quite a lot. It's much more methodical than some of the spam-fest fighting games like Marvel vs Capcom. Soul Calibur 2 HD is also a great option, the controls are pretty intuitive.

WesCash

3DS Friend Code: 2019-9710-8219

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

1,704. Posted:

@DiscoDriver43:

Yes it does I found this on Amazon

Untitled

And this on Gamestop

http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/games/injustice-gods-among-us-ult...

I have the Ultimate edition on PS4 and I have to say its well worth the money. The amount of DLC adds up to just $80 alone so getting this game for it's price is feels like a steal.

Edited on by Tasuki

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

DiscoDriver43

1,705. Posted:

So, what about some Arcade style games besides Sonic and All-stars Racing Transformed and it's prequel and Crash Team Racing? Any recommendations on the PSN and PS3?

AuthorMessage

8BitSamurai

1,706. Posted:

DiscoDriver43 wrote:

So, what about some Arcade style games besides Sonic and All-stars Racing Transformed and it's prequel and Crash Team Racing? Any recommendations on the PSN and PS3?

Ridge Racer Type 4

Currently retired indefinitely
Official "rare download" Assistant
Best YT show here!
Beat: Final Fight, Spec Ops TL, King of Dragons
Favorite games: Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy VII, Symphony of the Night, Dragon Quest VIII, Tales of the Abyss

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6175-1689 | Nintendo Network ID: 8BitSamurai | Twitter: PrinnySamurai

AuthorMessage

DiscoDriver43

1,707. Posted:

Ridge Racer Type Four is a blast. I'm on a Ridge Racer fever. What are some good Ridge Racer games?

AuthorMessage

8BitSamurai

1,708. Posted:

DiscoDriver43 wrote:

Ridge Racer Type Four is a blast. I'm on a Ridge Racer fever. What are some good Ridge Racer games?

The PSP ones, for sure. Ridge Racer 6 and 7 as well.

Best YT show here!
Favorite games: Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy VII, Symphony of the Night, Dragon Quest VIII, Tales of the Abyss

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6175-1689 | Nintendo Network ID: 8BitSamurai | Twitter: PrinnySamurai

AuthorMessage

citizenerased

1,709. Posted:

I'm thinking of picking up a Wii U, to play multiplayer games with the girlfriend. So I need recommendations for local multiplayer games on Wii U, preferably co-op, but otherwise is fine too. Games have to be out by this summer.

Here's what I got so far, on my to-buy list:

Super Mario 3D World, Tropical Freeze, Rayman Legends, Mario Kart 8, Trine 2, NSMBU, NintendoLand, Wonderful 101 and Pikmin 3.

I'd also like some impressions on those latter 2, if anyone's played them co-operatively. Worth it? Wonderful 101 looks a little (too) hectic in multiplayer.

And any any local multiplayer games on PS3? Not shooters. I thought of Portal 2, Trine and Guacamelee.

Edited on by citizenerased

Playing: 999, Xenoblade Chronicles and Super Mario World
Finished: Pikmin, Kirby's Epic Yarn, Super Paper Mario and Uncharted 2

AuthorMessage

8BitSamurai

1,710. Posted:

@citizenerased
Are Wii games fine to recommend too?

Best YT show here!

AuthorMessage

citizenerased

1,711. Posted:

Sure, but I think I have the usual suspects, my Wii game collection is about 50 titles strong. I might have missed some rare WiiWare jewels, though.

AuthorMessage

8BitSamurai

1,712. Posted:

Fortune Street, perhaps? Not too obscure, but not one everybody like to talk about.

Best YT show here!

AuthorMessage

citizenerased

1,713. Posted:

Hmmm I'll have a look into that one, thanks!

AuthorMessage

DiscoDriver43

1,714. Posted:

Ok. I'm planning on taking my cousin to the movies this weekend. I'm kind of mixed between Rio 2, Transidence, and Captain America: Winter Solider. what movie should i watch?

AuthorMessage

Tops

1,715. Posted:

I haven't seen it, but apparently Captain America WS is really good (but personally I'm more excited for the new X-men :p)

Formerly: LaytonApprentice; TopLaytonsHat

AuthorMessage

Arianabtd

1,716. Posted:

@DiscoDriver43
I watched Captain America 2 recently and I have to say I really enjoyed it.
I would suggest that.

-Idolmasterrrrrr-
Sir Zacharias Barnham is my new husband.
Konata -> Arianabtd

Nintendo Network ID: Ariana900 | Twitter: Arianabtd

AuthorMessage

Electricmastro

1,717. Posted:

DiscoDriver43 wrote:

Ok. I'm planning on taking my cousin to the movies this weekend. I'm kind of mixed between Rio 2, Transidence, and Captain America: Winter Solider. what movie should i watch?

Captain America, definitely.

Backloggery. Now playing: Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Klonoa: Empire of Dreams, The Legendary Starfy, Pac-Man World, Rayman 2: The Great Escape, SteamWorld Dig and Wario Land 4.

3DS Friend Code: 0216-1196-2417 | Nintendo Network ID: Electricmastro

AuthorMessage

Galvanic_Arcvn

1,718. Posted:

I'm currently thinking about whether or not I should buy Professor Layton and The Lost Future for the ds, only the problem is that my ds has a fault right on the bottom left hand corner of the touch screen that stops it from responding input properly. Will this make the menu and/or some puzzles unplayable or are there conventional button alternatives I can use?

Galvanic_Arcvn

AuthorMessage

Jaz007

1,719. Posted:

Which is the better version of Chrono Trigger, the PS1 Version, or the SNES version? How does the choice system work, I know they are multiple endings, but very little beyond that. How frequent are they, and what kind of choices are they? Good or evil? The wisest decision? A mix?

Currently playing: Samurai Warriors 4, Dust: An Elysian Trail, and Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, and Super Smash Bros. (Wii U).

AuthorMessage

Maelstrom

1,720. Posted:

Jaz007 wrote:

Which is the better version of Chrono Trigger, the PS1 Version, or the SNES version? How does the choice system work, I know they are multiple endings, but very little beyond that. How frequent are they, and what kind of choices are they? Good or evil? The wisest decision? A mix?

The cheapest option would be the Wii U virtual console. But the PS1 version is definitely the worst. While there are animated cutscenes, every single battle needs to load and the load times aren't short. The DS version has a more accurate translation, but I've heard it said that it lacks the charm of the SNES version. There are a few added areas, and it is cheaper than an original cart. The choice system is different than you might think. It mostly revolves around how and when you beat the final boss. You won't be able to get a different ending the first time, but after that, depending on what you do (or don't do) before reaching the final boss, the ending will change. And, yes, you have to play through most of the game to get to each one. I'll probably do a few and then just watch the rest on youtube.

My video game arrangements (sheet music for piano)
Most Recently Arranged: Running / Countdown (Smash 3DS), Snowy Mt. Valek (Night),Reviewing the Scene of the Crime (Umineko),
In progress: Not sure yet

Nintendo Network ID: aginor