General Discussion Forum

Topic: Universal Recommendations Thread

Showing 1,661 to 1,680 of 1,771

AuthorMessage

darkfenrir

1,661. Posted:

So, I heard that Ys force you to use all the characters during the last boss... is that true? :(

darkfenrir

3DS Friend Code: 2122-5996-0541

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,662. Posted:

darkfenrir wrote:

So, I heard that Ys force you to use all the characters during the last boss... is that true? :(

Which Ys? There are quite a few Yses. The first few ones only have one character...

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

darkfenrir

1,663. Posted:

Ys: Memories of Celceta. :O I'm torn between wanting and not wanting it... :(

darkfenrir

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,664. Posted:

darkfenrir wrote:

Ys: Memories of Celceta. :O I'm torn between wanting and not wanting it... :(

I'm pretty sure you use all the characters all the time. Like, they follow you around and you switch between them.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

darkfenrir

1,665. Posted:

So you aren't switching them around? Because I heard that you can only have two other person in the team... :o How about the EXP spread? Will the ones not in battle gain it?

darkfenrir

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,666. Posted:

darkfenrir wrote:

So you aren't switching them around? Because I heard that you can only have two other person in the team... :o How about the EXP spread? Will the ones not in battle gain it?

Yeah, you have a 3 man team, each with different abilities. I don't know about the EXP in this game because I haven't played it, but last game I think everyone gained levels at the same rate. In Ys 7 you could switch people around and the bench guys gained, like, half exp (I think). I don't know if there'll even be bench members in Celceta, though, but again I haven't played it yet. BTW, just so we're clear: This is an Action RPG, with an extra emphasis on Action.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

darkfenrir

1,667. Posted:

Okay then! Thank you! :)

darkfenrir

AuthorMessage

Kolzig

1,668. Posted:

Well since this is the universal recommendations thread, I have a question to the fellow Nintendo fans here.

What would be the best case/pouch to buy for 3DS LL/XL?

I'm meaning the kind of case like this one for example where one can fit the console, a fair amount of cartridges and maybe even AR cards:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nintendo-Licensed-Hard-Pouch-Black/dp...

Do you have any opinions on which one would be the best since there are thousands of official licensed and unlicensed cases floating around the internet in amazon/ebay etc.

The only request I have is that it needs to be somewhat small, I wouldn't want it to be a huge carrying bag for example.

Nintendo Network ID: Kolzig

AuthorMessage

SomeBitTripFan

1,669. Posted:

Would anyone recommend Shenmue I & II by modern standards? I'm thinking about getting them to increase my Dreamcast collection, but I don't know if they've aged well.

Just Someloggery
You have the right to disagree with me and the ability to consider anything truly valid about what I say; Please exercise both.
A Vacation is a Click Away!
My Avatar: Where Doge Coin is Going
Where's the Poetry? I'm lazy.

Nintendo Network ID: SomeBitTripFan

AuthorMessage

RR529

1,670. Posted:

This isn't really a recommendation question, but I'm not sure where else to ask...

When it comes to the Android operating system, what's the difference between "Ice Cream Sandwich" & "Jelly Bean"?

Currently Playing:

Godzilla: Smash 3 (AND)
Summoners War: Sky Arena (AND)
Salvo Saga (AND)

AuthorMessage

Kolzig

1,671. Posted:

SomeBitTripFan wrote:

Would anyone recommend Shenmue I & II by modern standards? I'm thinking about getting them to increase my Dreamcast collection, but I don't know if they've aged well.

Yes, definitely get both. Some of the finest games that Dreamcast had

RR529 wrote:

This isn't really a recommendation question, but I'm not sure where else to ask...

When it comes to the Android operating system, what's the difference between "Ice Cream Sandwich" & "Jelly Bean"?

ICS is Android 4.0, Jelly Bean is Android's 4.1 to 4.3. and JB makes Android work a lot faster because of Project Butter that was in it's code. There a lot of other small nice changes as well.

Nintendo Network ID: Kolzig

AuthorMessage

Captain_Toad

1,672. Posted:

Zenonia on the dsi. How is it?

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack.....it's important.
Toadloggery and a Youtube Channel
Retro Clue!
Games are games ppl. Enjoy 'em.
Remember N64 Turoks? Want it on VC?
I gave in to darkness to have this bio.
Net neutrality is dead. Pls use revive.
Bad day? listen to this.

3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

AuthorMessage

Undead_terror

1,673. Posted:

Is the Samsung galaxy tab 3 good? might get one.

I am the zombie god that controls zombie in both games and real life...FEAR ME!
Nintendo Friends website/forums I eShop Gurus I Public Chat I Random Game Thread I The graveyard (backloggery)
Currently owns Mario & Luigi Dream Team 3DS XL...no Wii U yet.

3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror

AuthorMessage

Jmaster49

1,674. Posted:

I recommend you guys watch 2 animes, one anime called "Lucky Star" and another called"The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya" Just look them up on YouTube and watch them there.

Jmaster49 on YouTube
Catgirls are beautiful creatures that need to be respected and loved, especially by human males. Do everyone a favor and keep kitty girls alive.

AuthorMessage

Jmaster49

1,675. Posted:

Here is Episode 1 of Lucky Star.

Edited on by Jmaster49

Jmaster49 on YouTube
Catgirls are beautiful creatures that need to be respected and loved, especially by human males. Do everyone a favor and keep kitty girls alive.

AuthorMessage

Jmaster49

1,676. Posted:

Here is Episode 1 of Haruhi Suzumiya.

Jmaster49 on YouTube

AuthorMessage

KingOfTheDogs

1,677. Posted:

I have 2000 points and I want to get Majoras Mask and either Super Mario World or Super Mario RPG. Which one should I get? Thanks in advance.

Formerly LabradoodleKing and PugKing, now just KingOfTheDogs.

3DS Friend Code: 3539-9493-5098

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,678. Posted:

PugKing wrote:

I have 2000 points and I want to get Majoras Mask and either Super Mario World or Super Mario RPG. Which one should I get? Thanks in advance.

I'm not a fan of either game, but I think Super Mario RPG is a far better game mechanically, and it'll last you much longer than World simply by the virtue of being an RPG. At the very least, I think Super Mario World will come to the Wii U sooner than RPG, so if you have that or plan to get one soon, you might save yourself a 1.50 upgrade charge if you wait it out a little for Super Mario World.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

RR529

1,679. Posted:

@PugKing, both are great choices, but I'd personally opt for Super Mario World.

SMW is still considered by some to be the best in the series, and it's easy to see why. It's top notch Mario platforming at it's finest, with a nice variety of environments, bold sprite graphics that hold up incredibly well, and there are tons of secrets & alternate paths to discover (seriously, there's a secret world within a secret world, and if you know where to go, you can get to the final level via alternate paths from world 2, lol). If I had one negative thing to say about it, it's that there is some boss repetition, but that's a small stain on an otherwise perfect game, IMO.

As for Super Mario RPG, it's a great game for sure, but it doesn't hold up quite as well as the former, IMO. Positively, it will last you longer than SMW. It's RPG battle system, while simple, is solid. There are some memorable characters, and there are some neat secrets & references (it has one of the most awesome hidden bosses in gaming, IMO). On the negative side of things, the graphics haven't aged gracefully at all (although the magic effects are still cool & unique), while still humorous, the story isn't as funny as later Mario RPGs (particularly the M&L series), and the few platforming sections simply don't hold up at all, bordering on irritating at times.

All in all, I'd give SMW a 10/10 (and a must own for any gamer, especially those who enjoy Nintendo games), while I'd give Super Mario RPG a very respectable 8/10. I'd say it should really come down to if you enjoy platformers or RPGs more.

Currently Playing:

Godzilla: Smash 3 (AND)
Summoners War: Sky Arena (AND)
Salvo Saga (AND)

AuthorMessage

SavoirFaire

1,680. Posted:

I picked up Darksiders II (I know, older game for Wii U) during a sale, and have to say I am really enjoying this game. I got it because it seemed to be a game I rarely saw for Wii U, and I know with THQ gone, it may be hard to find in the future. I am glad I took the chance on it. A little bit of Zelda, a little bit of Diablo, and what I thought was a little bit of God of War, until I remembered the Zelda games do often have pretty cool boss battles as well. This game is running a very solid 8/10 for me right now, and I am betting it will make it to 9/10 by the time I am done.

SavoirFaire

Nintendo Network ID: rdean1209