General Discussion Forum

Topic: Universal Recommendations Thread

Showing 1,641 to 1,660 of 1,758

AuthorMessage

Xyphon22

1,641. Posted:

I just got a $25 Gamestop gift card and I can't decide what to do with it. I have a number of options:
1. Use it towards a game. Probably Mario & Luigi: Dream Team, but I also want Blacklist and Lego City: Undercover. The problem with this one is I would still need to put more money into it, and our budget only allows me $30 per month on non-essential things like video games. Also all of these games are cheaper on Amazon than at Gamestop, but definitely not $25 cheaper.
2. Get a $20 eShop card for the WiiU, where I would get probably Duck Tales but I also still think The Cave looks cool and I liked the demo.
3. Get a $20 eShop card for the 3DS where I would probably get a number of VC games I want (Shantae, Wario Land, Sword of Hope 2...can't think of any other off the top of my head, but I know they are there).
Any suggestions or other ideas?

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,642. Posted:

Undercover and Blacklist probably will go down in price sooner than later. There is a demo for Dream Team. I don't know the quality of it, but it might help you with your decision. Basically if it doesn't convince you, maybe it's worth going for an eShop card instead.

As for which one to get...I really want to say "go for Ducktales" but some old school fans have found it disappointing, while a few others have run into glitches. Just thought I'd put that out there, I don't know how serious those issues are. Really, it comes down to do you want 1 potentially great game, or a bunch of smaller games that might each be great in their own right...or maybe not so great.

Personally, I don't like to put all my eggs in one basket. You also have the option of saving it for when something really important comes out. It's up to you, maybe you should look hard to see which games you want the most and see what you can do?

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Red_XIII

1,643. Posted:

Should I get Solatorobo or The Last Story???

Red_XIII

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,644. Posted:

Red_XIII wrote:

Solatorobo. Both games are pitifully easy to the point where it's a detriment to the gameplay, but I found Solatorobo to be far more memorable despite that. You should definitely grab both at some point, but TLS had a reprint not too long ago, while Solatorobo's totally not getting one...so grab it before you have to pay $50 for a decent copy. (we're already getting close...) :P

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

8BitSamurai

1,645. Posted:

Red_XIII wrote:

Not played Solatorobo, but I highly recommend you avoid TLS. I'm a huge fan of Final Fantasy and pretty much anything Sakaguchi, even, but TLS has a horrible and predictable plot, paper-thin characters, extreme lack of scale (Only one town in the whole game), extremely linear and unpolished gameplay, looks horrible on HDTV's (At least mine), and suffers from major slowdown. Just a really bad game in general, IMHO.

Edited on by 8BitSamurai

Currently retired indefinitely
Official "rare download" Assistant
Best YT show here!
Beat: Final Fight, Spec Ops TL, King of Dragons
Favorite games: Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy VII, Symphony of the Night, Dragon Quest VIII, Tales of the Abyss

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6175-1689 | Nintendo Network ID: 8BitSamurai | Twitter: PrinnySamurai

AuthorMessage

Xyphon22

1,646. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Undercover and Blacklist probably will go down in price sooner than later. There is a demo for Dream Team. I don't know the quality of it, but it might help you with your decision. Basically if it doesn't convince you, maybe it's worth going for an eShop card instead.

As for which one to get...I really want to say "go for Ducktales" but some old school fans have found it disappointing, while a few others have run into glitches. Just thought I'd put that out there, I don't know how serious those issues are. Really, it comes down to do you want 1 potentially great game, or a bunch of smaller games that might each be great in their own right...or maybe not so great.

Personally, I don't like to put all my eggs in one basket. You also have the option of saving it for when something really important comes out. It's up to you, maybe you should look hard to see which games you want the most and see what you can do?

That is why I am wary about those games. I guess Ubisoft games have a tendency to drop in price fairly quickly or so I hear, and Undercover has been out for awhile, although I wonder if it being published by Nintendo and already being at a lower price point may make it keep its price like Nintendo's first party titles do. Does anyone have any data on how long it takes games in general and Ubisoft games to drop? I think I am now leaning towards just using my gift card towards Wind Waker as it will only cost me $25 with it.

And on the other note, I for one loved The Last Story, and I don't like Final Fantasy, so there's that. But I've never played Solatorobo although I thought it looked cool.

Edited on by Xyphon22

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

AuthorMessage

RR529

1,647. Posted:

My mom just got an Android tablet for the family (through a lottery thing), and I was wondering if there were any good games for the platform? It probably won't be top of the line though, so try to recommend games that aren't too demanding.

We'll probably get Angry Birds, since my mom loved it back on my old iPod, & Candy Crush, since my aunt likes it (my mom wants to try it), but neither of those really appeal to me.

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Picross e2 (3DS eShop)

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,648. Posted:

We actually have a thread specifically for Android games. It's a tad old, but I'm sure the answers are still relevent: http://www.nintendolife.com/forums/other_gaming/best_android_...

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

RR529

1,649. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

We actually have a thread specifically for Android games. It's a tad old, but I'm sure the answers are still relevent: http://www.nintendolife.com/forums/other_gaming/best_android_...

Thanks! I'll check it out (and probably ask there too).

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Picross e2 (3DS eShop)

AuthorMessage

MasterChordles

1,650. Posted:

I recommend Rayman Legends, to everyone! Considering the amount of consoles it's on, there's not really a reason to not get it.

What the what?
"The pain goes away, but your work always remains." - Masahiro Sakurai
Miiverse page: https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/GigaBlizzard
Nintendo network ID: GigaBlizzard

AuthorMessage

Red_XIII

1,651. Posted:

Okay people
I am getting 1 wii, wii u or ds or 3ds game.
I am considering JRPGs, puzzlers and beat-em-ups.
I would prefer it to be cheap.

Red_XIII

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,652. Posted:

I'll present one per console, then:

1. Batman: The Brave & The Bold (Wii) [Beat em up]
2. ....crap, um....Trine 2? (Wii U) [Puzzle-ish]
3. Nostalgia (DS) [JRPG]
4. Tetris Axis (3DS) [Puzzler]

Alternatively Arc Rise Fantasia for the Wii and Code of Princess for the 3DS might be cheap. Not sure...

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Red_XIII

1,653. Posted:

What are the best games for PS3??? Considering getting it with GTAV, want other good ps3 games.

Red_XIII

AuthorMessage

8BitSamurai

1,654. Posted:

Red_XIII wrote:

What are the best games for PS3??? Considering getting it with GTAV, want other good ps3 games.

XCOM: Enemy Unknown, XCOM: Enemy Unknown, and XCOM: Enemy Unknown. Also, LittleBigPlanet 2 (1 is good too, but kind of outdated since you can play 1's user generated content on 2), Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time, Rayman Origins, Uncharted series, Infamous series, Gran Turismo 5, and XCOM: Enemy Unknown.

Best YT show here!
Favorite games: Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy VII, Symphony of the Night, Dragon Quest VIII, Tales of the Abyss

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6175-1689 | Nintendo Network ID: 8BitSamurai | Twitter: PrinnySamurai

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,655. Posted:

I second all of 8bit's recommendations, and I'll throw in:

3D Dot Game Heroes
Dark Souls
Killzone 2
Both Batman games
Rayman Legends
Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time
Tales of Xillia
Darksiders
Burnout Paradise
Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit
Crysis
Armored Core V
Final Fantasy XIII
Final Fantasy XIII-2
Final Fantasy XIV
Pretty much all of the fighting games on the PS3

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Obtuse

1,656. Posted:

I currently only have a 3DS XL (compatible with game I am asking about anyhow) and have not once played a Zelda game. What is the better game to get me started on this or should I wait for the new one coming out?

Obtuse

3DS Friend Code: 2638-0232-4374 | Twitter: ObtuseMusings

AuthorMessage

8BitSamurai

1,657. Posted:

Obtuse wrote:

I currently only have a 3DS XL (compatible with game I am asking about anyhow) and have not once played a Zelda game. What is the better game to get me started on this or should I wait for the new one coming out?

Link's Awakening DX. One of my favorites in the series, and pretty cheap off the e-Shop, not much of an investment if you don't like it.

Best YT show here!

AuthorMessage

8BitSamurai

1,658. Posted:

If anybody doesn't have a PSP/DS right now, I recommend picking one up stat! Both systems are excellent, easily obtainable, and have tremendous library of games that are at rock bottom prices right now. Extremely cheap, extremely fun gaming!

Best YT show here!

AuthorMessage

UNSOLUTEDSALT

1,659. Posted:

I have a $5 credit for the e-shop due to the Deluxe Digital Promotion on the Wii U. I want to use it on 4 specific games.

2 are on the Wii U and 2 are on the 3DS. I can't decide which one would be the best to get. I want/like them all, but as of now I can only get one. I am obviously leaning more toward 3DS which is why I'm posting on this board.

Wii U games
*Megaman X
*Earthbound

3DS games
*Cave Story
*Pushmo

Any suggestion will be helpful. If there are any criteria, I would like to get some good length of playtime. But I'm getting it cheap anyway, so it isn't that bad if the game only lasts a few hours. Thanks for any help.

UNSOLUTEDSALT

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,660. Posted:

Earthbound and Mega Man X are probably your best bets, man. Earthbound will last you the longest, though.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~